Heart of the Swarm Account Upgrades

Technical Support
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
this is the weakest response ever. Why advertise the game is ready for release then not deliver.
I can't even play WoL.. it shows as a starter edition. When I key in my cd-key, i get the following error.

The following errors have occurred:
The code you entered has already been claimed.
Each code can only be redeemed once. If you’re sure you have not previously claimed this code, please double-check the spelling and enter it now.
I have the same problem.

Asked for a refund.
I just bought this game minutes ago, account says upgraded but order says queued
ingame says WOL only, and HOTS as starter
I have install sc2 wol already from installer StarCraft-II-Setup-enGB.exe instead of StarCraft-II-Setup-enUS.exe

would that make a difference?
its the 27th now, seriously can we get a discount or something?
Very dissapointing to have bought the game full of anticipation to play it but end up getting stuck like this... Boohoo..!
Same issue, Starter Edition Upgrade Prompt, tried:
- Change password (several times)
- Change email address (several times)
- System date/time correct
- Ran repair tool
- Complete re-install x 2 (15GB a pop hurts)
- Tried multiple regions

Blizz response;
Howdy there!

It looks like the upgrade worked cause I'm seeing your account as upgraded to Heart of the Swarm on our end. In this case I would suggest uninstalling the game and reinstalling it using the download link from Battle.net you can find more detailed instructions here: http://us.battle.net/support/article/6503

If there’s anything else we can assist you with, please open up a support ticket. <https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact>

I am a bit baffled that my support ticket answer is to create another support ticket?

Have also had a friend log in and test his account on my PC and works fine. Salt in the wounds as he only bought the game today ;-)
if I choose to play on pirate may be I finished the game. Did I made a wrong choice?
2 days pass from received ticket answer still starter edition in-game.
i bought wol and hots because i like the game and support the devs and blizz even though my friends are playing pirates ;(
Hi guys,

I had recently sent a ticket to Battle.net and they said that the issue with me was that my billing address while paying online was different from the one I had in my account. I am visiting the US now and live in Canada. The address in my Battle account is also Canadian. As such, my payment did not go through and the expansion revoked from my computer the next day.

In my case, I think my country - and subsequently address restrictions - prevent me from playing the game in the US. Its only after I return to Canada that I can download the game and play it. At least that's what Blizzard wants me to believe.

Although its still frustrating how I would be unable to play the game unless I am not in Canada, at least I know (not for sure yet) that I may find some solace in Canada. Blizzard should have been smarter than this.

I hope this helps those who might have address issues during payment.
same account payment as Diablo 3 and I've checked at my credit payment it already cost my money.
This is the reply I got from my ticket.

Hey there,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us today. Sorry you're having trouble with StarCraft II.

I've refreshed your account so you should be good to go now. However, sometimes these upgrades can take up to 72 hours to kick in. I apologize for any inconvenience this will cause you.

If nothing's changed within 72 hours, let us know and we'll investigate further. Once again, sorry for the trouble. I hope you continue to enjoy your experience with StarCraft II.

If you have any other questions or concerns, you can reply to this ticket and we'll be happy to assist.

Regards
Alex L.
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment

Well its past 72 hours and I don't see the contents of HoTS on my side. Blizz is just giving us false hope on issues like these.
i bought the digital WOL + HotS bundle.
Gariswar (tech support) told me to wait 72 hours.
its been 76 hours.

im still stuck on starter edition. have tried SG,GB,US clients, still doesn't work.

i'm beginning to think this whole 72 hrs thing is an excuse.
this is my ticket reply:

thanks so much for taking the time to contact the Account and Technical support department. I have taken a look into the recent purchase for you.

It looks like your upgrade restrictions should be removed. I have deleted the cached information for the account on our end manually. If you receive this message while you are logged into the game, please make sure to log out of the program completly and then log back in to resolve the issue.
-------------------------------------
after i received this message i tried to re-log in game but it still tell me to upgrade T^T.
The issue still here.
this is my ticket reply:

thanks so much for taking the time to contact the Account and Technical support department. I have taken a look into the recent purchase for you.

It looks like your upgrade restrictions should be removed. I have deleted the cached information for the account on our end manually. If you receive this message while you are logged into the game, please make sure to log out of the program completly and then log back in to resolve the issue.
-------------------------------------
after i received this message i tried to re-log in game but it still tell me to upgrade T^T.
The issue still here.

This really sucks. sounds like they don't even know what's wrong.
i've had a ticket saying they cleared the cache too. din work.
can they try like removing the lic and adding it back again or sth.
i've yet to see a positive result post from anything the admins have tried so far.
i juz got this and nope it STILL DOESNT WORK. damn this is getting on my nerves. cant these guys actually test my login before telling me to try. i'll give them my password if i have to. zzzz.

(Ticket US36576573)

I have reset your account for you. Due to security concerns, there is a processing time involved in the approval of accounts upgraded through our website. If you have recently upgraded an account and find that you still do not have full access in game, this is due to the fact that the account is currently pending approval for the online upgrade.

If you need additional assistance, or have any question, feel free to respond to this ticket or contact us though Live Webchat (8am - 6pm PST): https://us.battle.net/support/en/blog/8352035

(\(\
(=‘‿’) Yazmin M.
(.(“)(“) Blizzard Entertainment
this's a recently reply form my ticket

It is showing as solved on our end. If you are still unable to access full game features there must be something stuck in your system somewhere. The best way around that is to uninstall the game and reinstall it from our site. Let me know if you need isntructions on how to do that (Basically you sign into Bnet, find the game, click on it, and follow the prompts to install)

If you still need assistance you can select the “Not Resolved” button below or call us directly. If you would rather speak with someone directly, please contact Account & Technical Services. Our contact information can be found at <http://blizzard.com/support/article/cs>
---------------------------------
What the hell?????? Do I need to download 13.9 GB again?
At least you guys have a reply. :(

I wonder when will this be fixed....
To be honest, in basic contractual terms, when you pay money for a good or service you either receive that good or service or you receive your money back.

It also borders on false and misleading advertising to offer a game for a price which doesn't actually do anything or provide any content.

This isn't a minor issue or bug, it's what we in Australian consumer law call a "major failure".

It's not good enough to say "we're looking into it and will get back to you at some non-defined point in the future". We paid money for the game, we should get something for our money. If it's going to take a protracted period of time Blizzard should refund everyone until the issue is resolved.

I'm going to give them a couple more days then demand a refund.
Is it just few getting this problem? I wonder why there's no news article about this...

Kotaku picked up the story here http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/03/these-people-have-been-unable-to-play-starcraft-ii-heart-of-the-swarm-for-12-days/

I hope this gets fixed soon, its the Easter long weekend (4 days off..) here in Australia starting this evening. I was really looking forward to completing the new campaign and the main reason i paid for it. I don't usually get time off to sit down long enough to play a game properly these days. I might as well try for a refund (which under australian consumer law i'm entitied to) if its not sorted soon.