Heart of the Swarm Account Upgrades

Technical Support
Post Limit:
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
^ If I had known it earlier I would just have bought the retail version or maybe wouldn't have bothered to buy after all. So what do I do now? The disappointing thing is there are no major announcements from them regarding this issue.
I bought digital bundle of WoL+HotS, It says status is complete from queued...
I still can't play im still on starter edition... plz help me
I'm the same. Bought HotS digitally several days ago, still can't play even after successfully patching etc. It's been 3 days.

My ticket answer was this...

Hello,

I was able to add your Battle.net account information to our known issues list that the developers are looking into. Please give us a few days to get this issue resolved!

Regards,
Levi G
Game Master Zeadom
Blizzard Entertainment
us.battle.net/support
want to give update, i am playing hots after 5 hours the queue chagned to complete
want to give update, i am playing hots after 5 hours the queue chagned to complete

Wow! Good for you. Did you do anything to make it work? My status is also complete but i cannot still play HOTS.
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you guys know that our teams our diligently working to get this issue resolved as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we thank you for your continued patience.

Bummed out as purchased this specially for the Easter break and now this happens.
It will only be fair that we are compensated, like maybe upgrade our HoTS to deluxe version or something along that line. The time we spent wasting waiting for it to come it just too disappointing...
03/27/2013 05:53 PMPosted by Znarf

Wow! Good for you. Did you do anything to make it work? My status is also complete but i cannot still play HOTS.

I backed up my blizzard registry and deleted it, nope
deleted my starcraft user document folder, nope
waited for an hour and I still cant play so went to sleep
woke up 5 hours later logged on and screen changed to HOTS with kerrigan standing, so its on server side not sc2 client, if blizzard is doing this activation manually then I must have been activated first than you guys?
THanks for the update. Yeah sounds like they've got a manual job on their hands activating accounts one by one. It'll probably speed things up if you lodge a formal ticket, that way they know your account is one of the ones that got stuffed.

I also agree with Zagor how about a deluxe upgrade for the poor service. If EA can hand out top quality free games for the debacle they had with Sim City surely Blizzard can find some way to compensate their customers as well. It's not our fault the game isn't working and we all paid in good faith.
I just had a response to my ticket and the rep has said he tried some things on his side. So now i'm hanging out to go home from work and see if it worked!
Having the same problem, can't wait for the weekend to see if they get a fix out by then.

Totally agree with ozman that a free upgrade should be in order. We have waited for so long I thing some appreciation could be shown upon us.
Same damn problem and also hoping that it get fixed soon!
03/27/2013 07:10 PMPosted by reiluke

I backed up my blizzard registry and deleted it, nope
deleted my starcraft user document folder, nope
waited for an hour and I still cant play so went to sleep
woke up 5 hours later logged on and screen changed to HOTS with kerrigan standing, so its on server side not sc2 client, if blizzard is doing this activation manually then I must have been activated first than you guys?

thanks a lot for the insight, sir. So it looks like each individual account gets updated manually... hopefully everyone's account gets updated also.

i doubt this issue has nothing to do with the re-installation of the sc2 client... since there are other game clients that depend on the purchase (like diablo 3 & wow with the purchase of the digital deluxe). as of now i still haven't obtained my diablo 3 goodies, therefore the issue must be battle.net account related.
Hi Guys,

Finally after 4 days got this and it worked for me, hope this helps someone else.

Blizz;
I have seen this popping up intermittently all day. The best solution we have right now is for you to create another character in a different region, like the EU, sign into it, then close everything, then try your region. This seems to force it to refresh in your machine for some reason and then it reflects your upgrade.

If you still need assistance you can select the “Not Resolved” button below or call us directly. If you would rather speak with someone directly, please contact Account & Technical Services. Our contact information can be found at <http://blizzard.com/support/article/cs>

Game Master Otariliel
Account & Technical Services
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support
Radish's fix worked for me aswell. I'd recommend anyone who has this problem should give it a try.
Like CNTSFKED, Radish's fix worked for me as well. I created characters in all the other regions and restarted a few times. Then I waited for a few mins when logged into my own region, and the UI transformed itself into a splendorous purple glory.

Off to campaigns. Thanks Blizz for the fix, but I still think it shouldn't have happened for that long in the first place.
Radish's fix works! You guys with the same problem can try it. All the best!
Thanks fellas! Good thing I still have 2 regions to spare... I'll use my last one for LoTV :P

Enjoy!
Just to report in whatever they did fixed my account.

On the region thing/new character thing - i actually tried that a day or so ago and it didn't fix it for me but who knows maybe they have done something on the backend that makes that work as a fix now.