How many Vikings do you need for 1 colli

Terran Discussion
And so on
Roughly three per collosus
youll need around 3 ish depending on where you engage/how good his FF are/does he have blink/are your vikings going to get time warped

basically, you want to just get 14 and sit at that number unless he gives you a reason not to. that amount will almost instantly kill collosus and with target fire they live long enough to kill them all most of the time. make sure to be upgrading the plating or ship weapons (most do weapons)

small micro tip as well:

if you have a few marauders in your army, you can grab some of them, and put them in the same group as your vikings. medivacs can heal beefy marauders through storm dps pretty well, they have 6 range (vikings have 9. with stim, marauders can run the distance between 9 range and 6 range in around 1 game second), and do bonus dmg vs collosus. i always group a few marauders with my vikings to stim in and accelerate the rate at which the first couple collosus go down. 9/10 times, it will work, and be worth it.
Banshees do a better job.
If his army is only 1 collossus, you don't need vikings at all. Two marauders will do the job.
youll need around 3 ish depending on where you engage/how good his FF are/does he have blink/are your vikings going to get time warped

basically, you want to just get 14 and sit at that number unless he gives you a reason not to. that amount will almost instantly kill collosus and with target fire they live long enough to kill them all most of the time. make sure to be upgrading the plating or ship weapons (most do weapons)

small micro tip as well:

if you have a few marauders in your army, you can grab some of them, and put them in the same group as your vikings. medivacs can heal beefy marauders through storm dps pretty well, they have 6 range (vikings have 9. with stim, marauders can run the distance between 9 range and 6 range in around 1 game second), and do bonus dmg vs collosus. i always group a few marauders with my vikings to stim in and accelerate the rate at which the first couple collosus go down. 9/10 times, it will work, and be worth it.

Time warp does not affect air units also as a toss if there's one yes three sounds about right.
03/24/2013 03:34 PMPosted by Skyrim

No, not really. Throw voids/phonexies into the mix and you're boned.

They also have less range, and attack ground units, forcing you to manually target collossus with them while they're getting hit by stalkers. They can also be feedbacked. Vikings hit collossus by default at a range that can keep them safe from stalkers.

I don't know if he was serious though...

small micro tip as well:

Time warp does not affect air units also as a toss if there's one yes three sounds about right.

wow, i could have sworn. either way, my main point was that grouping a few marauders with your vikings can really help out if you get forced into an engagement and are low on vikings
Just one. The collosi cannot hit a Viking.
It depends, if they are going like just collosi and gateway units 3 per is ok. If they only make a few and switch to Templar you don't want to be stuck with tons of Vikings so in most cases I make about 2 per. Usually I have like 6-8 Vikings tops unless they are mashing collosi.
03/25/2013 12:07 PMPosted by Shake

They also have less range, and attack ground units, forcing you to manually target collossus with them while they're getting hit by stalkers. They can also be feedbacked. Vikings hit collossus by default at a range that can keep them safe from stalkers.

I don't know if he was serious though...

Even if he was, the time it'd take to get a healthy number of banshees is unreasonable against reactor vikings lol
03/24/2013 03:34 PMPosted by Skyrim

The real reason why banshees are the preferred choice is because they cant be reactored, and die to HT a lot faster due to feedback

small micro tip as well:

Time warp doesn't work on air