terran is very hard to play

Terran Discussion
Post Limit:
I am a veteran of this game since SC1 and i played terran as a 3rd race all these years.

So at hots i decided to give them a 2nd chance as i played maybe 500 games strait in wol.

Man terran is hard.

I don't have a problem with protoss.

I really hate zerg. I have favored zerg as my #1 playing race for a long time. Now i just hate them. With a deep passion. I know zerg can have many silly mistakes and still be able to function...man 1 slip with your marines and you loose...you terrans know this.

Its hard to wish a zerg GL...as they already have most of the luck...

Hive now is really ****ed. Im sure at one point we will see the meta switch to fast hive with viper and ultra.

This is going to be hell.

I am full time terran in hots. I will not give up!

Terran fighting!!!
Widow mines really punish amoving zergs. Try them out. Also reaper builds are a ton of fun and really strong.
Yes i am working with the mine more and more.

I think they are best for defense, or slowing down a expanind scouting zerg.

I cannont play bio/mine like flash does. I have to use tanks instead.

Playing bio/mine seems like a gamble as sometimes the mines are not cost efficent at all, where tanks i can still tell them to attack the banelings.
Welcome to the skill cap race.
I really hate zerg. I have favored zerg as my #1 playing race for a long time. Now i just hate them. With a deep passion. I know zerg can have many silly mistakes and still be able to function...man 1 slip with your marines and you loose...you terrans know this.

Wow please tell me you're trolling.

If you are Terran you can make any of the following mistakes and be ABSOLUTELY FINE:

Miss a few Mules? No matter just spam em all at once and receive all the benefits you would have had. If you're a zerg and miss a few spawn larvas, they cannot be spammed over and over again, oh and also it's gg.

Forget detection? Scouting? No matter just scan.

Lose all your scvs? Have no left over money at the time? No matter just drop all those mules you forgot to drop and you'll have more income than your zerg counterpart who's up 3 bases on you.

Build a few bunkers in the wrong place or in an area you didn't end up needing? No matter just salvage them and get all your money back.

Place a building at a wrong location? Just lift it off and move it.

Forget to watch and/or micro your army? No matter they should be fine by A-moving. (Dare you to see how well this turns out by using zerglings or banelings or mutas)

Encountering units that are supposed to hard counter you? No matter just use good micro and you'll still win.

If you are Terran you can make any of the following mistakes and be ABSOLUTELY FINE:

Miss a few Mules? No matter just spam em all at once and receive all the benefits you would have had. If you're a zerg and miss a few spawn larvas, they cannot be spammed over and over again, oh and also it's gg.

Lose all your scvs? Have no left over money at the time? No matter just drop all those mules you forgot to drop and you'll have more income than your zerg counterpart who's up 3 bases on you.

Build a few bunkers in the wrong place or in an area you didn't end up needing? No matter just salvage them and get all your money back.

Forget to watch and/or micro your army? No matter they should be fine by A-moving. (Dare you to see how well this turns out by using zerglings or banelings or mutas)

Encountering units that are supposed to hard counter you? No matter just use good micro and you'll still win.

noob alert
Keep up the good fight. You gotta root for the home team!!

He has a slight point to some of it.

Having tried Terran, I just can't wrap my head around Terran macro. I do think they require the most micro though. The only thing I didn't agree with was the notion that Zerg could make a lot of mistakes and still pull through.

It feels to me as if Zerg is always wondering exactly what it is my opponent is doing, because if I guess the wrong thing, I instantly lose. Both the races have a multitude of openers against me: proxy reaper, fast expo, 4 gate, skytoss, cloaked banshee, hellion, etc. These all require very specific builds from the Zerg or else it's an uphill battle.

*shrug*

It's fun though. I like ZvT, so I don't care.
please switch to terran... its so much harder than either zerg or toss. i gave up on terran and switched to zerg, this race is so much more forgiving.

- Nope

- If you're masters + terran and you are missing mule drops you are behind and at a disadvantage already. Zergs answer to this is they are allowed to remax an entire army within a matter of seconds. Terran cannot however.

- Which costs around 300minerals to a terran. No biggie right? Wrong. That's basically a hatch for zerg.

- If you have this many mules, it means that you actually have more bases than the zerg and ISNT 3 bases ahead ^_^ common sense kiddo. Forgetting to drop mules is the most bronze thing ive heard on this forum.

- you get 75 minerals back firstly not all of them. Secondly, are you actually screaming bunkers are OP? Lmao

- That's because we actually need to make buildings. Zerg can make 1 building and you now have access to that spawn. Meanwhile terran have to build like 10+ rax by the end of the game to even be viable.

- This is obviously a joke. Terran a-move vs a zerg deathball? u nuts? Terran a-move vs a protoss deathball? Even more nuts. Play high level terran then come back and say you can amove. Dudes never heard of banelings or zealots.

- So using good micro is now considered OP? This kid is forever bronze.
Worst comparison ever. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7006343466
03/24/2013 11:17 AMPosted by Fencar
Worst comparison ever. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7006343466

I wonder if Blizz would be okay with someone bumping that... that's a really good post 0_o

Cross-thread +1 Fencar.

:facepalm
Overall I get the impression that they made the Zerg macro power the most tedious of three races solely to make up for the fact that otherwise they have colossally easier macro.

Zerg have to manage 1 unit production building, 1 general combat upgrade building, and a bunch of unit access/upgrade buildings, one of which doubles as a general combat upgrade building. Oh and Nydus Worms but no one uses those anyways.

Protoss have to manage 4 unit production buildings, 5 unit access/upgrade buildings, one of which doubles as a general combat upgrade building, one of their unit production buildings works best in a mode where it can't be queued, and you have to make a fair amount of effort walling your base, especially when it comes to things like Pylons/

Terrans have to manage 4 unit production buildings, add-ons, upgrades which differ depending on which of the 3 unit production buildings they can connect to, 3 unit access/upgrade buildings, one of which doubles as a general combat upgrade building, another general combat upgrade building, and by far the most elaborate base defenses.

That's before getting into the micro issue. Terran units are incredibly reliant on positioning, transforming, and/or abilities to do anything. Catch a Marine ball out in the open with Zerglings and its dead. Catch a Siege Tank unsieged or sieged at the wrong time and its dead. Accidentally order a Viking to attack move with everyone else and it flies right over the enemy ground force like a retard? Dead. Didn't position your Widow Mines right? Dead. Your Thor decided to attack the Overlord way over there rather than the Roaches right in front of him? Dead. While Protoss and Zerg units can be micro'd to reach higher levels of potential, outside of casters most of them will be fairly effective with an attack-move.

Frankly I don't like how Terrans are harder to master than the other races but are stronger than the other races when you do reach that level of skill. I especially don't like the Widow Mine as it seems almost emblematic of that issue. In sufficiently skilled hands its a cloaked assassin that can be mass-produced cheaply and wipe out forces far more expensive than it and of almost any composition in a matter of seconds, in insufficiently skilled hands its a paperweight for your enemy to use as target practice.
Sorry, I never miss my mules... ever
Lol zergs think missing mules doesn't matter? Missing mules screws you bad.

- Nope

Missing mules is no where near as bad as missing injects.

http://imgur.com/k4OquXl

This is what bronze terran looks like.
I am a veteran of this game since SC1 and i played terran as a 3rd race all these years.

So at hots i decided to give them a 2nd chance as i played maybe 500 games strait in wol.

Man terran is hard.

I don't have a problem with protoss.

Its hard to wish a zerg GL...as they already have most of the luck...

Hive now is really ****ed. Im sure at one point we will see the meta switch to fast hive with viper and ultra.

This is going to be hell.

I am full time terran in hots. I will not give up!

Terran fighting!!!

Use this build its really good against zerg
- 10 Supply
- 12 barrack
- 12 gas
- 15 orbital
- supply
- 2x reaper no marine
- CC during 2nd reaper
- factory
(should have just enough @100 gas if you didnt scv scout and did mineral trick or 120 gas
if you scouted with mineral trick)
- reactor asap
- CC
keep reapers alive, scout gas timing of zerg. If zerg goes pool first, go back to base and float CC home after finishing
- switch reactor onto factory
- make 6 hellions, then 2 mines
- techlab with barrack, keep making stuff, bunker, supply wall etc
- 2x engin, add 1 gas (this is the safest variation, delaying this means faster 4+5 racks)
- double upgrades, double rax
- starport
also take note that if zerg makes more than 8 lings, do NOT poke post 5 minutes, as their speed
is going to finish in aprox 20-30 seconds
against roach -> produce marauder with techlab'ed rackx, go tech + reactor on 2 new racks and get mines

Its hard to pull off but if you think you have enough micro/macro to keep up with this build its really strong deny creep/force lings/3rd with 6 hellion 2 reapers while taking your 3rd and going into bio mine with heavy upgrades.