Flight of the Eagle Pre-RP/Discussion

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 2 3 4 11 Next
"Not Cortex. If it were Cortex it would be: FLIGHT OF THE EAGLE: CORTEX PLANNING.

I said suppose this was Cortex, what would the base units be?

Also, somewhat unsure. No combat experience, but at least a degree in engineering would be needed... It also just seems altogether odd..."

About my character? About what the Cortex base units for the char classes would be? Unsure About what?
"Firstly, yes, about your character. Second question answer: I do not know, as it was not set up for Cortex, everything would be heavily nerfed as they would probably be hero units. Last question, accepting."
Backstory updated. Posted here for convenience. SF, if you could approve of it that'd be great.

Rick served as one of the top mercenaries in an old UED squad that got abandoned by the main fleet. He served with well over fifty soldiers just like him. Good soldiers, like him. One night while they were doing their job guarding a company outpost in the middle of nowhere, they were hit. Hard. Rick barely scrambled to get out of there and didn't even have time to see who was attacking them. After he escaped he went to Korhal and hid out for several days. Upon returning to his post he found only a crater where the compound used to be. Rick returned to Korhal and grieved over his friends. When news hit about the total annihilation of company property, rumors began spreading about Rick's survival. Eventually, a recruiter approached him in his favorite bar. With his bank funds dwindling and nothing to lose, he accepted.
"Eh, you would have had ties to another function with military experience. Sorry, would need edits."
"Eh, you would have had ties to another function with military experience. Sorry, would need edits."

Um... What? That simply doesn't make any sense.

"You would have had ties to another function with military experience?" Isn't that kind of the idea? He can't be fresh out of training to become a mercenery.

"Sorry, would need edits."

What kind of edits? Scrap the whole thing or what is it exactly that you have issues with?
Mark, did you read the part where it said little or no prior experience only?
"Edit the fact that he had the experience with the UED remnants. Maybe was friends with some, and they were destroyed when he went somewhere on a vacation, along with the rest of his hometown or something. That would definitely work."
Mark, did you read the part where it said little or no prior experience only?

No, I didn't. That would have been useful information! xD

Thanks, Zarkun!

Wait... How are we supposed to be mercenaries with no combat experience?
New recruits.
...Uhm... The definition of a mercenary is being someone who already has combat experience... You don't train to become a mercenary.
"In the background of the Eagle Souls it explains how and why. You would learn how to do the basic things, like shoot a gun. Then you would be thrown into a small battle. Also, mercenaries are people who provide their combat experience and to do things for money.

"Xer, by the way, I have decided, not accepted."

mer·ce·nar·y [mur-suh-ner-ee] Show IPA adjective, noun, plural mer·ce·nar·ies.
adjective
working or acting merely for money or other reward; venal.
hired to serve in a foreign army, guerrilla organization, etc.
noun
a professional soldier hired to serve in a foreign army.
any hireling.

"That's the full definition of mercenary."
Right, and most of the time when we say "mercenary" we mean #3

A "Professional" soldier. Not, a hobo off the street.
It would make sense if you read the back story, Mark.
Okay... lol... So they only accept people off the street? We're going to be the worst mercenary group... Ever...
"For this we are doing 4. A Hireling, or 1. Working or acting merely for money or other reward. If the background is read, it makes sense. Also, it produces stronger mercenaries. They have to fight harder to get to where they are. They all are pressured from start to finish. There are no weak links. The elites are some of the best Terran fighters, ever."
Hrm, I'll have to come up with a completely different character then.
If I join, can I be a Reaper?
"I am sorry, but you cannot. There are five categories, and I was thinking of adding a class like the Reapers in the aspect of speed and weak endurance and attack, but decided against it."
"I am sorry, but you cannot. There are five categories, and I was thinking of adding a class like the Reapers in the aspect of speed and weak endurance and attack, but decided against it."

"In that case, I'll be a Predator. I'll be takin' that sweet lookin' cannon over there."
"Well, get a character sheet up, then."