UFB makes ping better?

ANZ / SEA
this the UFB (ultra fast broadband) is under construction cross new zealand. has any of u guys started using UFB already? how is the ping?
any improvement than before?

thanks
I have UFB with Snap! and before that had ADSL with them. I have found that my ping has only decreased by about 5-10 ms compared to the ADSL connection with interleaving turned off.

Snap! generally have pretty good ping (http://www.truenet.co.nz/articles/march-monthly-report) so I'm not sure what kind of difference you might see with other ISPs. It is likely that the improvement you see will also depend on how much copper there is from your house until it your connection makes it to the fibre backhaul at a cabinet or exchange.
I have UFB with Snap! and before that had ADSL with them. I have found that my ping has only decreased by about 5-10 ms compared to the ADSL connection with interleaving turned off.

Snap! generally have pretty good ping (http://www.truenet.co.nz/articles/march-monthly-report) so I'm not sure what kind of difference you might see with other ISPs. It is likely that the improvement you see will also depend on how much copper there is from your house until it your connection makes it to the fibre backhaul at a cabinet or exchange.

thanks fort the feedback man
whats your actually ping value like? if u have test..
i am sitting around 140-170ms to NA server...
neo, it's not ping that matters but packet loss and jitter, in general.

if you use pingplotter and look to see loss on every hop starting at att.net or such, then experience will be degraded.

a lot of NZ/AU ISP's use Cogent which had a HUGE problem with at&t for months, and battle.net seem to refuse to have multiple transit providers and let users choose pick the best one or basically do anything to resolve network problems. so try and use an ISP who doesn't use Cogent and you are likely to have a better experience.

That said the Cogent issue sort of got fixed. Although just recently there seem to have been a few issues.