2 rax 4-6 reapers opening tvt

Terran Discussion
whats the main goal with the reapers?

sometimes killing workers is just too hard...you have to first kill all the terrans units, unless he goes gas first its kinda hard cuz he has the high ground...as soon as u jump u lose 2 reaper and he prob has widow mine or hellions

what should I do with my reapers? whats the goal to say like "that just paid for my reapers"
I think 1 reaper 1v1 can handle 1 marine. The trick is to attack and weaken the oponent force before running back to heal then coming back to finish them. If you are going for a lot of reaper and he doesn't prepare for it, his army might get overwhelm, then the scv line is free to destroy. Alternatively, you can try to go for scv but you run the risk of losing your whole reaper army if he get you off guard.

Usually, unless hes 1 basing, he wont have a factory up when you start to hit with reaper and he'll have his hand full defending.

If you are scared of going high ground and getting sniped, you can run up the ramp to get vision and retreat unscathed as going up and down ramp doesn't have a delay like jumping cliff have.
map control and scouting

killing anything is just a bonus
map control and scouting

I don't think so...sure map control is fine but in tvt u dont need it

Most terran rarely ever scouts because it just doesnt matter, people can stop anything they do without scouting (unless they like do proxy 11-11 etc but even then its kinda ez to hold)

scouting sure, but fact is u wasted lots of time and gas instead of upgrades or tech and they didnt do anything...also 6 reapers sucks at defending hellbats drop and stuff, even 4 marine 2 widow mine drop

vs cloak banshee u have like no marines etc...in the end ur really behind except in economy but in overall army and tech if u do nothing with the reapers T.T
map control and scouting

What the actual !@#$? TvT is ALL about map control. Map control allows you to secure expansions. It allows you to drop. Heck, you pretty much need it to even leave your base, unless you enjoy getting doom dropped.

In the case of reapers, having map control means you don't need anything at home to defend your expansion, while at the same time, your opponent needs to be careful when expanding himself. Your expansion is safe because if he grabs a bunch of units and moves out for a push, you can just flood into his base and wreck his %^-*.
haha reapers make it hard for the other guy to move out of his base esp when the ridge all around their base is accessible by reapers.they cant leave or your reapers will kill alot of their stuff also scouting and map control :D

What the actual !@#$? TvT is ALL about map control. Map control allows you to secure expansions. It allows you to drop. Heck, you pretty much need it to even leave your base, unless you enjoy getting doom dropped.

In the case of reapers, having map control means you don't need anything at home to defend your expansion, while at the same time, your opponent needs to be careful when expanding himself. Your expansion is safe because if he grabs a bunch of units and moves out for a push, you can just flood into his base and wreck his %^-*.

you dont need map control early game...

plus if u use 6 reapers to control the tower at like 8 mins, youre begging to lose to a drop in your main...widow mines, hellbats, marines etc...13 gas drop play is so common on ladder

nobody attacks you with tanks in HOTS until like 12 mins or so...

its only drops

you dont need map control early game...

plus if u use 6 reapers to control the tower at like 8 mins, youre begging to lose to a drop in your main...widow mines, hellbats, marines etc...13 gas drop play is so common on ladder

nobody attacks you with tanks in HOTS until like 12 mins or so...

its only drops

Controlling the tower and map control are two overlapping, but different things. You need to see the drop coming so you can react. You can spot it with the reapers.