I lag during multiplayer - what should I upgd

Off Topic Dicussion
Hi. My computer is a little over 2 years old. I play single player fine but my fps is only 30ish. When I play multiplayer sometimes I lag really bad. I can play Battlefield 3 with no problems. I am wondering if I were to upgrade my video card, would it help alleviate these lag issues. By the way, I play over FIOS. Here is my computers stats:

CPU = AMD PHENOM II X4 945 3.0GHZ
RAM = 8 GIG DDR3
GPU = AMD RADEON HD6850 1GB DDR5 PCIE

If a new video card would help, is there something in the $200 range or less that I can purchase?

I appreciate any info you can provide.
First thing I would do is tone down the gameplay graphic settings. With that setup I wouldn't set it any more than medium for 4v4 games. What settings are you using now?

Next thing I would check is if it is possible to overclock your CPU with your motherboard. I think it can get up to 3.5ghz. But with my experience you dont get much increase (maybe ~5 fps)

Best video card for SC2 in the $200 range is the GTX 660 (not the TI). Should give you a boost, but your cpu may bottleneck it from its full potential...
I only run a 6770, and my cpu is an i3-2100 (3.1ghz) which runs ultra at a solid 60 fps (excluding team games)

There is no reason your cpu would be an issue for this game, and I also have 8GB ddr3. I did have FIOS for 3 years, and hated every moment of it. I would lag and disconnect like crazy, and judging by your claim that you have fewer issues in single player... Yeah.