Call to Action: May 2 Balance Testing

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 12 Next
The problem isn't with the spores. Mutas give the zerg player map control thats why they are popular. They allow the muta player to safely expand and take more bases. Why are they so obsessed with the zvz matchup when their are more pressing matters like sky toss that need to be addressed. They ask for our opinions, but they have already made up their minds what they want to do. The burrow change is just ridiculous, Blizzard doesn't seem to understand where the actual problem in their game are. There are plenty of balance changes that have been suggest by pros on shows like Inside the game or State of the game such as medivac speed requiring energy and removing the bio tag from helbats. Why can't we test good changes like them to see if they are viable. All they are doing is piddling about with small trial things and ignore the elephant in the room so to speak.
05/02/2013 04:43 PMPosted by TheGame
What time does proxy oracle hit now? I have no problem with this stuff in general, im just worried that it will hit before marines or mines can be ready.

Considering proxy oracles are made right at your doorstep, I think it will hit 1 whole second! earlier. Maybe 2. But the time difference will be negligible for proxy oracles.

a difference of 5-10 seconds is a big big deal
I can say without a doubt burrow wont make it in the patch. Its gonna be too good. Like when the MSCore was 50/50 in beta. I didn't play beta, but a buddy of mine said it was stupid. PvP was broken so was any early pressure.
You must be bad then. Cause Oracles get 1 shotted by Wmines. Just make a mine in each mineral line and your golden.
Like said before, I seriously think that the spore crawler increase won't do anything. :/ I mean, the mutas will deny my expansions, have map control, and overall feel ahead of me. Yes, I can spread creep like crazy and slowly inch my way to another expansion. But, he can just make an overseer and expand like crazy against me and just remax his muta army after achieving what is needed. I still feel Hydras need an AA buff.

Other than that, I might actually consider burrow tech now. It's may end up like a warp gate, you will end up having to have it. I thought about it, and if we had burrow charge for ultras or the moving banes while burrowed would fix the issue of no one getting burrow anymore. Just what I think.
coolio. but no terran changes?
05/02/2013 04:56 PMPosted by SymbionT
You must be bad then. Cause Oracles get 1 shotted by Wmines. Just make a mine in each mineral line and your golden.

Yea but typically when you face a super fast proxy oracle you have JUST enough to defend against it. If it hits much sooner certain builds arnt going to work.
lol nerf more of the only worht mass anti air weapon
zerg aa sucks please lets not lower ANYTHING that stops us from destroying air
heck if zerg dosent get an aa somethign buff soon im moving to skytoss like hell with zerg
You are only buffing the gimmicky part; the only part of it which is good (its early game speed and ability to trash mineral lines).

If you want the oracle to be seen more through out the match ups; you have to change what isn't working.
]
Not necessarily.
This is the same thing they did with the Mutalisk, and now it is seen quite a bit.
05/02/2013 04:38 PMPosted by TheGame
Actually 45 per shot. But who seriously attacks into spores? Mutas are for map control to take expos and deny opponents until critical mass. Like seriously? what a joke. They need more than gold league players implementing plans at Blizzard imo.

Hey if 3 spores 1-hits a muta that has max armor, then who is to say that the muta ball can now poke a base unharmed?

Also, it means you can make 3 spores at each base, then use hydras to take a third, while using lings to prevent him from taking his own.

...Hydras? That was a joke yes? Hydras can't keep up with mutas. Mutas can leave battle, regenerate, then attack again. If you are going muta as well, then Hydra is a waste of gas for ups/more mutas. Mutas can snipe gases with little to no repercussion.

Accept that unless there is some change to zerg ground units/aa, muta wars are going to be the everlasting zvz meta. Buffed buffed spores are far from the anwer.
Nice changes. Though it's odd terran changes weren't implemented. I'm guessing they are still figuring out what changes to make with a patch update.

I think the oracle change is fine, and the spore buff is much needed.

EDIT:

Yea but typically when you face a super fast proxy oracle you have JUST enough to defend against it. If it hits much sooner certain builds arnt going to work.

Speed doesn't matter with proxy, it hits just about the same time regardless of the speed change. Essentially all it does is allow people with good oracle control to keep those vastly expensive units alive.
Spore Crawler
Damage increased from 15 +15 vs. biological to 15 +30 vs. biological

But the future refused to change...
But the future refused to change...

http://youtu.be/ZwjMVqi3TFs?t=2m15s

Related
05/02/2013 04:56 PMPosted by SymbionT

So we have to go widow mines? Enough to cover 2 bases, or are we supposed to not FE? This is my point exactly, you have to do so much preparing just at the off chance you get oracle all inned. I'm not saying widow mines are needed, but you must blindly prepare for it some how and it's not good for the game.
Cant believe u guys are seriously buffing toss allins.
Despite all the QQ from others i actually agree with the oracle change. And i play zerg. Oracles are NEVER used outside the first 5-7 minutes of a game. You get one shot and then turrets go up. If you didn't do enough to justify the 150/150 for the oracle and the sacrificed econ/upgrades/army for the early stargate then you are screwed, because you now have an expensive floating disco ball that is nearly completely useless.

However, no amount of damage buffs to spores will change the !@#$ ZvZ is right now, unless they get splash damage. Buff the Hydralisk or make fungals easier to land.
How are u guys gonna buff Z and P and leave absolutely no buffs for terran. Wtf Kinda !@#$ is this.
Oh zerg u been winning everything since hots released here is some buffs.
oh and cant foget u toss are studies have shown PvT has been going on longer then 8 minutes we wanna shorten that.
dumb %^- changes.

I guess instead of a expansion terran can invest that in a ebay and turrets allover are base while oracles zip around are *!@#in base looking for openings and toss just expands behind it.
I'm going to play some games on the map. Mainly aiming for ZvZ but i do not see the spore change being enough. Its the unstoppable MAP CONTROL that mutas grant in zvz thats the problem. While a ground army struggles to take a 3rd the muta player is free to tech to hive and take a 4th and 5th. Because if you leave your base he will snipe queens spores and drones with ease.
Sort of disappointed.