Templar (RP)

Joeyray's Bar
Post Limit:
1 2 3 19 Next
I delayed this far too long, but I remedy that now.

ALERT - this will probably move slowly.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Noble Templar, a shadow falls upon us. Whispers of a malevolent power within the Void have reached us, tales of a terrible evil with the power to unmake us utterly. Could this being be a Xel'Naga? After all this time, could the gods themselves seek our destruction?

Brothers, we will not go easily into the Void. We will fight to the end, and we will fight as one. Whether we call Aiur or Shakuras home, whether we are one with the Khala or walkers in the Void, we will be as one hand, striking down the enemies of the Firstborn, no matter who they may be: Zerg, Terran, corrupt Protoss... or even the very Xel'Naga.

Once again, my penchant to speak more than is necessary is upon me. The Dark Prelate, Zeratul, has requested your presence. He will need the strongest, craftiest, and wisest of Templar to aid him in his mission.

As if the threat of the Hybrid and the Dark Voice was not sufficient, rumor of another power within the Void spreads. Zeratul would have you seek out the answers to the ancient questions he seeks to answer. The Council has also ordered that, in your search, you learn more of this being called the Reaper, and if possible vanquish it.

I would give you another purpose, one that must remain hidden from the Prelate.

Be watchful. I believe there is greater evil afoot than any dare guess. None can be trusted, or all will perish. And in the end, remember this: It is I who have chosen you, old friends and comrades, for this mission. You will remain in contact with me at all times through the crystals I have sent to you. I may give you orders that will be difficult to obey, but for the sake of creation you must comply.

As always, let the Khala go with you and the stars watch over you.

-Executor Na'Ranis.

Character creation:

<PlayerName>
Templar Name.
Age.
Alignment.
Armament.
Appearance.
Combat Style.
Learned Kata (2).
Abilities (2).
Backstory.

As your character fights against the shadow, you may acquire secret abilities or master advanced kata. However, you will never get more than the allotted amounts of the abilities and techniques listed below, so choose wisely.

Alignments:

Khala - You are connected to the Khala and wield its discipline, wisdom, and power. Customize your Templar based on the Zealot and/or High Templar units.

Void - A Dark Templar are you, one who walks in the shadows and wields their strength. Customize your Templar based on the Dark Templar and/or Stalker units.

Combat Styles:

The Fencer: You are a master swordsman, excellent at defending yourself against the blows of enemy blades and penetrating another swordsman's defenses. This means you are particularly effective at defeating other Protoss in melee combat, but also means you are more accurate and dextrous with your strikes.
Special ability: Confuse. A Fencer's quck movements practically leave enemies nauseated, so swift they attack. Using this ability will throw off all but the best trained foes for several moments, and even a trained Templar will temporarily be confused.

The Slayer: You are very agile, moving quickly through the battlefield, going over enemies when around won't do. This makes you effective at dealing with larger enemies. Slayers also know how to hunt down elusive prey.
Hunt: Allows the Slayer to summon a massive burst of agility.

The Guardian: Your defense is as firm as any metal. You specialize in using your mind to enhance your shields, and in fighting defensively. There is nothing better to have between you and the enemy than one of these, and it only takes one Guardian to hold off massive numbers of attacking foes.
Harden: The Guardian retreats deep within his mind, summoning up all his strength. Movement is slowed almost to null, but shields become almost impenetrable. When the effect wears off, the Guardian will be left weakened.

The Strategist: While others fight mindlessly, ruled by fury, you analyze the enemy's movements, calculating the best means of attack. If there is a weakness, you will quickly locate it.
Analyze: The Strategist spots openings and objects that others won't when he uses this.

The Preserver: This class of warrior takes its name from that ancient group of Protoss who guard forbidden knowledge, for they use their great knowledge to amplify their psionic attacks. Some have been known to unleash psi-storms of incomparable magnitude after focusing for some time.
Tempest: After focusing for some time, the Preserver can unleash a massive amount of psionic energy, either annihilating enemy forces or healing allies.

Abilities:

Psi-Storm (Khala only) - A seething field of psionic force that rips foes apart. Will leave the caster drained and weakened.

Charge - A burst of speed that quickly closes the gap between the Templar and the foe.

Void Prison (Void only) - An orb of dark power that immobilizes enemies and even cuts them off from the Void, Khala, or Swarm.

Blink - Allows you to teleport a short distance. Khala-aligned Templar must use two ability slots to get this.

Shadow Walk (Void only) - You hide yourself from sight, only to be revealed when you strike... too late for your enemy to react.

Boundless Fury (Khala only) - You imbue your blades with the fury of the Khala, allowing you to sweep evil away with ease.

Psi-Bolt - You strike an enemy with a burst of mental energy.

Bolster (Preserver only) - You focus your mental energy, renewing an ally's shields.

Dominate - You take over a weak-minded foe's mind.

Archon Warp - All Templar have this ability. Two Templar can use it to fuse into an Archon, a mighty being composed of pure psionic energy. An Archon wields massive power, but be warned - the merging cannot be undone, and it may be difficult to come to terms with a multiple identity at first.

Kata:
Performing Kata before a mission allows you to focus on a particular way of fighting.

Kibon Chodon - A simple technique that allows you to review basic offensive technique. This will focus you on melee damage, and provides a bonus to unarmed combat.

Kibon Yidon - A defensive kata that will review blocking techniques, improving defense.

Chong shin no-Kun - A weapon based technique that improves weapon damage and the accuracy of strikes.

Kibon Samdon - A more advanced offensive kata that grants a larger boost to attack, but sacrifices defense.

Minukiuchi - A sword technique that improves reflexes, making it harder to catch you off guard and speeding your attacks.
Character Sheet.

<KnarledOne>
Executor Na'Ranis.
Khala.
Psi-blades.
The Executor is tall for a Protoss, and very strong. He bears the scars of many battles. He has bright purple eyes.
Master Warrior.
Innumerable.
Unknown.
He has few friends, and they know relatively little about him. He fought in the Fall of Aiur, and led Protoss forces to destroy many Zerg hives. He is a deadly warrior who will sacrifice anything to accomplish his goals.

<KnarledOne>
Zeratul.
???
Void.
Warp Blade.
Zeratul is thin and frail seeming, like many Nerazim, but (also typical of his race) is surprisingly strong. His green eyes glow brightly.
Dark Prelate.
Innumerable.
Unknown.
Zeratul has wandered the Void for years, seeking an ancient prophecy. He believes the time is drawing nigh. Soon the Xel'Naga will return... but do they come to save, or to destroy?

<Zarkun>
Name: Taedaris
Alignment: Khala
Armament: Psi-halberd, Psi-blaster
Appearance: 7' 11" tall, red eyes, his armor is white and red and has a retractable helm that has a crescent pointing up on the front.
Combat Style: Fencer
Learned Kata (2): Kibon Chodon, Chong shin no-Kun
Abilities (2): Charge, Boundless Fury
Backstory: Taedaris is one of the few Daelaam Protoss who were chosen to be trained as an Elite Zealot. While lacking the mental power of a High Templar, the Elites are twice as quick and strong as any Zealot, with a much higher control of their psionic powers. However, they’ll never be able to be as strong as a Templar, nor reach their level. Elite Zealots are a class all their own. Taedaris is still considered young by Protoss standards, only being 278 years old, but he is powerful in his own right, being the second highest ranking Elite, an Imperator. He, however, is not their leader. He’s been an Elite since he was only 50 years old, training with his father until he surpassed him and was allowed to gain a real rank. Since then, he has fought against the Swarm and the Terran Dominion, even seeing conflict against the heretical Tal’Darim. While slaying his brethren brings him no joy, he will not allow them to sully the Protoss name and harm Xel’Naga artifacts.

<ditao>
Templar Name: Tal'Agun
Armament: Psi-Blades, Jump Boots
Appearance: 7'3" tall, blue, rather intelligent eyes. Gold, Blue, and Orange armor, with a Pure Gold Helmet. Wears a Raynor's Raider decal in front of helmet.
Combat Style: Slayer
Learned Kata (2): Kibon Samdon, Minukiuchi
Abilities (2): Dominate, Psi-Storm
Backstory: Tal' Agun was born on Aiur, and at an early age, he showed how much potential he had when he summoned Psi-Blades on his first try. He was also shown to be very intelligent, and was commanding the Protoss in strikes against the Zerg before the Great War.
Tal' Agun was present at the fall of Aiur, commanding a small ball of Zealots to the warpgate that Zeratul escaped in. He reached it right when Raynor and Fenix were fighting, and he was prepared to sacrifice his life to help. Luckily, the 3 escaped later, and Tal' Agun prepared a Carrier to find where his brethren had gone, Shakuras. While in space, he got lost, and emergency-landed on the Planet Mar Sara, about 1 year after the Great War. There, he found Raynor, and decided to help him in almost unnoticeable ways. For instance, it was he who cleared the area for the Raiders to land on for the second Artifact. He not only possesses great intelligence for a Protoss, but also is quick in battle. However, he is very vunerable in defense.

<Altrantis>
Alesia.
Alignment: Khala.
Armament: Psy blade spear.
Appearance: Short for a protoss, thin, with pale blueish ashen skin, and alike colored eyes. Wears some armor, but is not heavilly armored.
Combat style: Preserver.
Learned Kata: Kibon Yidon, Chong shin no-Kun.
Abilities: Psi-Storm, Psi-Bolt.
Backstory:
Alesia is a rather young Protoss female of the Furinax Tribe and is closelly tied to the Auriga. She did not have a particular interest in being a templar, and like many of the Furinax was more interesed in science, but one of her preffered fields was planetary geography and biology, and the best way to travel the galaxy is to be a templar. Due to her low height, she had to compensate wielding a spear, but she more than made up for it with her exceedingly powerful psy strikes, included psystorm, learned at a quite young age.
While she's a very strong adversary, her main strength is her vast knowledge. Upon arriving to an unknown planet, she can immediatelly know important information about it. She has deep knowledge of how the zerg and terrans work, even to the point she could command the terran's crude but effective weaponry if needed. Additionally, she's able to repair weapons, armor, robots such as probes or sentries, or ships, with enough time.
Her main weakness is that she's not a willing warrior, but a scientist at heart. She will be distracted by the planet's flora and foreign cultures, and even simply by beautiful landscapes. Worse, she has a tendency of feeling much empathy towards the enemy, particularly terrans.

<Beowulf>
Templar name: Impohept (yes i am going to use names of Egyptian gods for all of my protoss)
Alignment: Void
Armament: Warp blade sickle-thingy
Appearance: 6'8 green eyes, armor is grey with large emeralds on chest and shoulders, green cape.
Combat style: Strategist
Learned Kata: Kibon Samdon, Kibon Chodon
Abilities: Shadow walk, Void prison
Backstory: Impohept was born (protoss do get born, right?) on Alkilon, and spend his earlier years hunting in the deserts. (now i don't own hots so i know NOTHING about Alkilon, so bear with me) and was often plagued by visions of the void while he slept. (i think they sleep . . . maybe like a trance or something? i dunno) when protoss (hopefully) landed on the planet, he went with them and learned the ways of the protoss. he was marked as intelligent, and was sent to train to be a Dark Templar. he was recently given this assignment, but wants to join the creature in the void. (so an inside trooper plagued by nightmares. the stand anyone?)

<ShadowFury>
Templar Name: Zolis
Armament: Warp Scythe
Appearance: Dark skinned and brilliant orange eyes, a very odd thing for Protoss, let alone Nerazim. His skin is a dark grey with his appendages out about half way, with the clamps a silvery. His light armor is also silvery with the crystals within being the same orange as his eyes.
Combat Style: The Fencer
Learned Kata: Kibon Yidon, Minukiuchi
Abilities: Blink, Shadow Walk
Backstory: Zolis was always quick with his strikes. He would move in quickly and move out just as fast, already landing several strikes. He proved himself worthy through the shadow walk, and many times afterwards with his assassination and havoc wreaking in enemy ranks, along with the ability to fight with the Zealots. He is a great warrior through and through.

<PlayerName>
Templar Name: Wai'seer
Armament: Ionic Arc Rifle
Appearance: He wears golden armor, somewhere in between a Zealot's and a High Templar's (as the former has more armor, but the latter shows more status), with the crystals lodged within blue. His eyes shine brightly blue on his light skin and long appendages, being strapped against his back by his armor.
Combat Style: The Preserver
Learned Kata: Kibon Samdon, Chong Shin no-Kun
Abilities: Dominate, Psi-storm
Backstory: Wai'seer trained as a Zealot many a year before becoming a High Templar, his skills being greatly to spawn great storms, but he was still potent to minds. He proved valuable, but not the greatest of High Templars.
Reserved for other information.
<Zarkun>
Name: Taedaris
Armament: Psi-halberd, Psi-blaster
Appearance: 7' 11" tall, red eyes, his armor is white and red and has a retractable helm that has a crescent pointing up on the front.
Combat Style: Fencer? (Zealot Elite)
Learned Kata (2): Kibon Chodon, Chong shin no-Kun
Abilities (2): Charge, Boundless Fury
Backstory: Taedaris is one of the few Daelaam Protoss who were chosen to be trained as an Elite Zealot. While lacking the mental power of a High Templar, the Elites are twice as quick and strong as any Zealot, with a much higher control of their psionic powers. However, they’ll never be able to be as strong as a Templar, nor reach their level. Elite Zealots are a class all their own. Taedaris is still considered young by Protoss standards, only being 278 years old, but he is powerful in his own right, being the second highest ranking Elite, an Imperator. He, however, is not their leader. He’s been an Elite since he was only 50 years old, training with his father until he surpassed him and was allowed to gain a real rank. Since then, he has fought against the Swarm and the Terran Dominion, even seeing conflict against the heretical Tal’Darim. While slaying his brethren brings him no joy, he will not allow them to sully the Protoss name and harm Xel’Naga artifacts.

So I did my best for a C&P of him, but...tis subject to change.
Accepted. Excellent.
I hate to ask...but as I hate Protoss, could I be something else? A villain, or whatever. As long as I don't have to be Protoss. :P
<ditao>
Templar Name: Tal'Agun
Armament: Psi-Blades, Jump Boots
Appearance: 7'3" tall, blue, rather intelligent eyes. Gold, Blue, and Orange armor, with a Pure Gold Helmet. Wears a Raynor's Raider decal in front of helmet.
Combat Style: Slayer
Learned Kata (2): Kibon Samdon, Minukiuchi
Abilities (2): Dominate, Psi-Storm
Backstory: Tal' Agun was born on Aiur, and at an early age, he showed how much potential he had when he summoned Psi-Blades on his first try. He was also shown to be very intelligent, and was commanding the Protoss in strikes against the Zerg before the Great War.
Tal' Agun was present at the fall of Aiur, commanding a small ball of Zealots to the warpgate that Zeratul escaped in. He reached it right when Raynor and Fenix were fighting, and he was prepared to sacrifice his life to help. Luckily, the 3 escaped later, and Tal' Agun prepared a Carrier to find where his brethren had gone, Shakuras. While in space, he got lost, and emergency-landed on the Planet Mar Sara, about 1 year after the Great War. There, he found Raynor, and decided to help him in almost unnoticeable ways. For instance, it was he who cleared the area for the Raiders to land on for the second Artifact. He not only possesses great intelligence for a Protoss, but also is quick in battle. However, he is very vunerable in defense.

He wears the Raider's Decal to show how he's the Raider's secret helper.
ditao, accepted.

Dacder - I'm going to limit it strictly to Protoss this time. Perhaps this would be a good opportunity to practice RPing as a 'toss?
If four people have signed up by tomorrow evening, we will start then.

If not, we will start the next day in any case.
I might as well try this out . . .
<Beowulf>
Templar name: Impohept (yes i am going to use names of Egyptian gods for all of my protoss)
Armament: Warp blade sickle-thingy
Appearance: 6'8 green eyes, armor is grey with large emeralds on chest and shoulders, green cape.
Combat style: Strategist
Learned Kata: Kibon Samdon, Kibon Chodon
Abilities: Shadow walk, Void prison
Backstory: Impohept was born (protoss do get born, right?) on Alkilon, and spend his earlier years hunting in the deserts. (now i don't own hots so i know NOTHING about Alkilon, so bear with me) and was often plagued by visions of the void while he slept. (i think they sleep . . . maybe like a trance or something? i dunno) when protoss (hopefully) landed on the planet, he went with them and learned the ways of the protoss. he was marked as intelligent, and was sent to train to be a Dark Templar. he was recently given this assignment, but wants to join the creature in the void. (so an inside trooper plagued by nightmares. the stand anyone?)

I hope that's satisfactory, haven't role played in a while.
<ShadowFury>
Templar Name: Zolis
Armament: Warp Scythe
Appearance: Dark skinned and brilliant orange eyes, a very odd thing for Protoss, let alone Nerazim. His skin is a dark grey with his appendages out about half way, with the clamps a silvery. His light armor is also silvery with the crystals within being the same orange as his eyes.
Combat Style: The Fencer
Learned Kata: Kibon Yidon, Minukiuchi
Abilities: Blink, Shadow Walk
Backstory: Zolis was always quick with his strikes. He would move in quickly and move out just as fast, already landing several strikes. He proved himself worthy through the shadow walk, and many times afterwards with his assassination and havoc wreaking in enemy ranks, along with the ability to fight with the Zealots. He is a great warrior through and through.

"Minukiuchi can be transferred to a scythe, right?"

<PlayerName>
Templar Name: Wai'seer
Armament: Ionic Arc Rifle
Appearance: He wears golden armor, somewhere in between a Zealot's and a High Templar's (as the former has more armor, but the latter shows more status), with the crystals lodged within blue. His eyes shine brightly blue on his light skin and long appendages, being strapped against his back by his armor.
Combat Style: The Preserver
Learned Kata: Kibon Samdon, Chong Shin no-Kun
Abilities: Dominate, Psi-storm
Backstory: Wai'seer trained as a Zealot many a year before becoming a High Templar, his skills being greatly to spawn great storms, but he was still potent to minds. He proved valuable, but not the greatest of High Templars.
Sorry. I simply don't like Toss. At all.
((Where will this be played out?))

<Altrantis>
Alesia.
Alignment: Khala.
Armament: Psy blade spear.
Appearance: Short for a protoss, thin, with pale blueish ashen skin, and alike colored eyes. Wears some armor, but is not heavilly armored.
Combat style: Preserver.
Learned Kata: Kibon Yidon, Chong shin no-Kun.
Abilities: Psi-Storm, Psi-Bolt.
Backstory:
Alesia is a rather young Protoss female of the Furinax Tribe and is closelly tied to the Auriga. She did not have a particular interest in being a templar, and like many of the Furinax was more interesed in science, but one of her preffered fields was planetary geography and biology, and the best way to travel the galaxy is to be a templar. Due to her low height, she had to compensate wielding a spear, but she more than made up for it with her exceedingly powerful psy strikes, included psystorm, learned at a quite young age.
While she's a very strong adversary, her main strength is her vast knowledge. Upon arriving to an unknown planet, she can immediatelly know important information about it. She has deep knowledge of how the zerg and terrans work, even to the point she could command the terran's crude but effective weaponry if needed. Additionally, she's able to repair weapons, armor, robots such as probes or sentries, or ships, with enough time.
Her main weakness is that she's not a willing warrior, but a scientist at heart. She will be distracted by the planet's flora and foreign cultures, and even simply by beautiful landscapes. Worse, she has a tendency of feeling much empathy towards the enemy, particularly terrans.
These are Forum RPs, my friend. Welcome.

Me? Thanks. And by "Where" I mean in what thread. Here or annother?
05/06/2013 09:02 PMPosted by Altrantis

Me? Thanks. And by "Where" I mean in what thread. Here or annother?
"I have a feeling it's this one. But it is possible that Knarled will transport it, no matter how unlikely.
Could I have....something else? A Protoss-designed and controlled A.I.? I could assist during missions?
"I think that would work as long as it isn't Ceas-like. Do you agree Knarled?"
Could I have....something else? A Protoss-designed and controlled A.I.? I could assist during missions?

I support the notion.
A Sentry style character sounds reasonable. I'll allow that.

@SHadowFury: A KAta is more of a muscular and mental discipline than anything else. Minukiuchi is performed with a sword, but will still affect scythe attack rate.