What to do against proxy mines?

Protoss Discussion
I scouted a proxy factory and was attacking it and as soon as a mine popped i attacked that but it got out before i had anything but a stalker and zealot. Once I saw the factory I knew what was up and immediately dropped a robo to get an observer. But by the time the observer was out there were two mines in my mineral line. I lured them for a bit by throwing one probe at them, but between some marines at the front and the mines in my minerals, I got messed up and moved probes too late and lost about 15 to one shot. What do you do against this? They come out long before detection can reasonably come out and takes a lot of multitasking, which apparently even diamond me can't handle. One thing I could have done and tried but was too late was attack the building scv. Is killing this the only real counter?
depending how early you scout the the factory. Once you see it, and if you dont have an robo or stargate, throw down the robo for the obs. Look to get a expo up as well if you havent already. if you dont have detection or a few units to quickly kill the mine look to use the expo to transfer the probs to minimse down time for the probes, whilst boosting your obs out.

Any type of proxy is a gamble, if it gets detected early it wil gets squashed, if not its looking to do some cheap damage.
05/06/2013 09:52 PMPosted by Farm
but between some marines at the front and the mines in my minerals, I got messed up and moved probes too late and lost about 15 to one shot.

so you messed up... Play better lol. It's not impossible to stop or anything if you just micro better.
I've personally regressed to an old 3 gate forge build, getting the forge done early enough that I can build a cannon in case of proxy factory. Worst case you get really fast 1/1 or shields if you're going air, and later cannons will still help hold drops.
cant you just summon a large area of dete.. oh wait wrong race
just have to blindly go for fast robo or stargate bc detection