Map Changes - 5/17

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
I really dislike this map, it is one of the maps i voted out. It's too easy for zerg for multilisk all ins and terran drops
Updated - 5:00 pm PDT - 5/17/2013: Star Station spawn positions have been updated. Players will now only spawn diagonally while playing on Star Station. No changes have been made to Klontas Mire; however, we will continue to monitor your feedback surrounding potential changes.
woo cross spawn on star station!

looks like it's getting de-vetoed
Updated - 5:00 pm PDT - 5/17/2013: Star Station spawn positions have been updated. Players will now only spawn diagonally while playing on Star Station. No changes have been made to Klontas Mire; however, we will continue to monitor your feedback surrounding potential changes.

Nice I just saw TLO straight quit a game where he was close positions. Good change. Klontas needs to go though, it's just a straight horrible map with impossible to hold thirds and expos.
05/15/2013 10:52 AMPosted by silkenat
One other thing on maps is there was a really interesting suggestion for Klontas Mire. This map is turning out to be really rush friendly as expected, but one downside was that it also encourages timing all in attacks. So the suggestion was to add destructible towers on the bridge area so that early game rushes are still possible, but all in attacks are delayed in the early mid game.
Weeeee!!!

I like this, but it would hurt zerg timings the most and terran timings the least.

Except the part where that map is horribly zerg favored
suggestion,
it would be so helpful if you guys put some sort note next to each map that lets players know that it is a CROSS-SPAWN ONLY map. it would help new players and just in most players in general, since MOST players are not regular forum/news readers.
suggestion,
it would be so helpful if you guys put some sort note next to each map that lets players know that it is a CROSS-SPAWN ONLY map. it would help new players and just in most players in general, since MOST players are not regular forum/news readers.

+1 def needs to happen. Honestly, even tournament maps need to have this too.
I miss some of those small maps. Whats wrong with rushing?

Changes to klontas mire: Complete removal of the map and any text that ever mentions it from any blizzard website/game. Any further mention of this atrocity will cause ban.
Not gonna lie, klontas is a huge piece of !@#$e.
suggestion,

A simple ping on the map on the possible opponent spawn locations would be perfect I think.
Diagonal only for tournament play, I agree 100%.

But, I liked the 4p spawn on ladder. It really had a big affect on my strategy, and allowed me to mix it up.

close spawns I liked to mech, cross spawns I'd play bio. I'll miss that.
TYBG
Well, I may be the minority, but I really enjoy Klontas Mire. I like how you guys are experimenting on smaller maps because I think it encourages a game that's more scrappy, and although the bases are close together, that also means that you can scout all-ins faster. Then, if it's a mid-game all-in you can wait for them to cross the bridge, which is extremely dangerous for them because their units get clogged up.

I feel that Klontas Mire was tossed to the curb to quickly by a lot of players which is quite disappointing because it's a map that requires experimenting and people to play on it.
suggestion,

Blizzard please do this, it would help so much!!!
Map pool just got a little less bad.
A part of the job is done, now do something for Klontas.
I personally dislike Star Station overall, not due to the near excessive size, but due to the dominance of Reapers and lack if cross spawns only, so I think this would be a good change.

Konrad Mire, on the other hand, is my second-favourite map, and I have never used a rush tactic, in fact, removing the bridge entirely, and possibly adding in a wider one further down, makes more sense to me, as I never use the bridge as it always puts me at a disadvantage, taking into account I tend to play a MMM Terran build on 3-6 Rax, attacking at 12min, I find that moving my army through the bridge brings a lot of unnecessary slaughter, as it is the expected tactic and so people defend it strongly, although I can see it's merit in terms if scouting, small raids, and giving me wins due to my opponent's defence concentration.

On the other hand, if the bridge were to be simply removed the map may as well be unfolded and made a simple rectangle, so I can understand that that is unappealing.

As a final note, I am Bronze League, so what do I truly know? Everything I have said is from my few matches, mostly as Terran, so I cannot claim to understand the game truly, especially not from another race's viewpoint.
Blizzard, why do you not put info on the map loading screen about spawn positions?
Like 'Cross positions only'. Because not everyone checks up the battle.net site, and it is critical info to gameplay, it doesn't make sense why stuff like this isn't displayed when loading the map.