Well !@#$.....

Protoss Discussion
I got proxy raxxed while I was one gate expanding, how do I defend against that as toss, plus he had a bunker next to it so I couldn't do !@#$ so I gg'd. I am bronze (technically unranked but I finish as bronze) and I wish i could have some advice for this type of cheese, thank you toss players that reply to this thread
Scout
That's the only advice I can give
That douche just did it in the corner inside my base, i didn't even know he was doing proxy rax, i didn't even see the scv. I hate the idea of cheesing your way to masters
I hate the idea of cheesing your way to masters

I'd normally say that it doesn't work.
But then I remembered CombadEX

EDIT: Just noticed the typo, but it fits, so I'm keepin it
Scout

This.

Also cheesing is part of the strategies in a strategy game.

05/08/2013 05:08 PMPosted by EvilPinkamna
I hate the idea of cheesing your way to masters

EDIT: Just noticed the typo, but it fits, so I'm keepin it

CombatEX is actually pretty good (at least high master). Despite being a jerk and a stream sniper.
05/08/2013 04:33 PMPosted by Epican
i didn't even know he was doing proxy rax,

Then scout his base with your probe after you make your first pylon. If you don't see any rax and he has a low scv count you know he is proxying rax.
If you're doing a 1 gate fe, you should be able to defend. Post your build order for more specific help.

You should already be checking around your base after your stalker/mothership core is out, to ensure that there isn't an scv hidden in your base. Photon overcharge, chronoing units, adding gateway(s) at a good time, and pulling probes can help you defend.

You're silver.. yet you're calling CombatEX bad, that's hilarious. Yeah, I guess you have to be pretty bad to take a macro game off of Parting..
CombatEX isn't bad. I personally don't like him. But I would never call him bad because of that.
Scout with 1st Pylon probe then you see not barracks in his base then you 4 gate and win.

You're silver.. yet you're calling CombatEX bad, that's hilarious. Yeah, I guess you have to be pretty bad to take a macro game off of Parting..

It was a joke. I'm not doubting any of his skill in his macro game. I'm just saying he's bad because he got his fame from cheesing and stream sniping. I doubt I could do better even if I did do the same.
all he did was beat a bronzie. thats a bold statement to say.
1 stalker should stop any marine aggression if you micro right
I hate the idea of cheesing your way to master

watch Weedamins... He got to GM by cannon rushing

scout tips:
if your bad at defending cheese you can scout after pylon and if he walls off with 3 supply depots or if you get in and his base is empty then hes probably proxying you.

if your really good then its possible to defend it without even scouting it(only against certain cheese)