-THE- ALL-IN Roach Rush Toss... can stop :(

Zerg Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6
Please let the thread die..
08/24/2011 11:32 AMPosted by PLAtiDiamUBM
I may try this, I don't like my current roach build.

I wouldn't suggest it, look at the time stamp. This build is 10 months old. You're probably better off using a newer more refined build.
player who can -consistently- beat my 7RR ALL-IN OPENER

There is a big misconception where people think that the 7rr is an all in strategy, it's not. This tactic is used to force the enemy into choosing a tech route or punishing him for not having early defences. You are not supposed to invest in roaches past the 7th unless you can pull a decisive victory instead you use your offensive push to gain an economic or technological lead.

Ref [7RR]: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/7_Roach_Rush_/_Expand_/_Lair
The extractor trick is using a drone to build an extractor (remember this removes the drone), then build a replacement drone, then cancel the extractor, giving you the original drone back — this allows you to build one more worker than your supply would allow. The extractor trick, as used above, has been tested and seen to be economically inferior to a more standard play of buying an overlord on 9 supply. The extractor trick + very early spawning pool do some economic damage and induce a small larva delay, so they are almost never seen. In this case, however, the extractor trick + early pool end up speeding up the entire tech path (this is the primary reason why the 7RR produces roaches much sooner than the 5RR).

i prefer the 3 RR with speedlings comeine behind it so strong :D he will always waste FF ir sometimes they get stalker first and lose

This thread proves there is intelligent life out there. Optimal economy roach build. Obviously not good verse cheese rushes, but if you scout a cheese rush, easily defeated. Wish I had this idea sooner.

Different paths, same destination.

Wut wut wut? You do realize this is a 100% all-in blindly done cheese, right?
01/07/2012 12:48 AMPosted by Vosskiller
The extractor trick is using a drone to build an extractor (remember this removes the drone), then build a replacement drone, then cancel the extractor, giving you the original drone back — this allows you to build one more worker than your supply would allow. The extractor trick, as used above, has been tested and seen to be economically inferior to a more standard play of buying an overlord on 9 supply. The extractor trick + very early spawning pool do some economic damage and induce a small larva delay, so they are almost never seen. In this case, however, the extractor trick + early pool end up speeding up the entire tech path (this is the primary reason why the 7RR produces roaches much sooner than the 5RR).

dont necro threads