The Gate Project I

Joeyray's Bar
Post Limit:
1 2 3 26 Next
Colonel Jones leads a small security force through the gate first to secure the area on the other side. A quick radio burst signals the all clear and everyone proceeds through the gate in an orderly fashion. First come some additional security forces followed by the civilians with security intermixed. Several robotic probes carrying various supplies and pieces of equipment soon follow before the Stargate closes. A large open room with a blue floor and raised platform in front of the gate greets you. Small sets of stairs on either side lead down and away from the central platform and out into the rest of the complex. A full flight of stairs directly on the other side of the platform from the gate leads up to an observation deck and command room full of strange consoles. Personnel have largely separated into groups and were gathering their gear while Security surveyed the area and even scouted around. Everything was dark and the complex seemed to be unpowered. If anyone were to look directly above the platform they would see a large octagonal aperture that was closed.

Colonel Jones and Ms Braun stand at the top of the stairs and Colonel calls out. "AT EASE!" instantly everything falls quiet and all eyes turn to the two. "Roll Call!" Ms Braun begins calling off names to make sure everyone is there.

PRP and sign up: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/8920162080?page=1#1
please wait until I say you can post.
Character Sheet:
^Caprindo^
Name: Enifin Shargage
Race: Human
Skill Set: Herbalist, Genealogist, Bladesman
Abilities: Blade Dance, Herb Lore, Pestle-Hilt, Herbal Modification
Appearance: Soft green eyes, black hair with some white showing through. Hard face, although the mouth is capable of making it seem softer.
Equipment: Strengthened swords, Strengthened Knife, Several pouches, gauntlet, breath mask, mortar (Medical version), Water purifier, Scalpel, 5 pairs of clothes, all camoflague for different terrain.

^Dacder^
Name:Alvara Simunga
Race: Terran/Human
Skill Sets: Assault Trooper
Abilities: Adrenaline Rush, Sprinter, Low Profile
Appearance: 5'5, 115 pounds, hazel eyes, light brown hair halfway down back, lithe and athletic build.
Equipment: Assault Rifle, Shotgun, Grenades, Smoke Grenades, Specialized armor excelling in agility but mediocre in protection, Long knife for emergencies.

^Galvian^
Name: Irroan
Race: Terran
Skill Set(s) and/or primary field(s) of training: Vanguard, Universe level cooking, Expert marksman, Expert level CQC, Proficient with all forms of weaponry, Utility, Standard Combat First Aid, Standard Field Combat Repair
Abilities: Relentless Assault, Rites of War, Indomitable Presence, Last Bastion
Appearance: 5'11 Asian skin tone and facial features, well toned musculature, square scarred face with an appearance of twice his age. You can see his underarmor slightly underneath his skin with appears to be pockets of receivers inbedded into his body, his armor give him an extra 5 inches of height.
Equipment: Scarred MHI Rifle, 2 Combat knives, Underarmor, Full suit of battered and faded blue body armor, Grenade belt, Assorted Space Spices, Liquid Purifier, Assorted simple field repair equipment

^LeKroger^
Name: Jerrold Freidman
Skill sets: Survival expert, Master hunter, Proficient with modern fire arms as well as a longsword and axe.
Abilities: Hardy constitution, Marksman's focus, Winter native
Appearance: Wild looking man with a large brown beard that is braided slightly. His hair is neck length brown and rather unkempt. His eyes are a bright blue. He stands at about 6'4" weighs 230 pounds, and mostly muscle at that, and wears a chainmail armor that has been updated for the present times standard combat.
Equipment: B@satard sword, Hand axe, Needle Rifle. Modified chainmail style armor. Basic survival equipment (Tinder box, fishing line with hooks, flint and steel, distress beacon), Shovel, large knife

^Jester^
Name: Feldraxium
Race: Protoss
Skill Set(s) and/or primary field(s) of training: Demolition, Psionics
Abilities: Scarab Volley, Psi-Explosion, Cybernetic Enhancement, Psi-Shield
Appearance: Standard Zealot with helmet covering all his head save for his psionic appendage. A robe covers the entire suit, colored white with symbols of both Protoss and Xel'naga origin.
Equipment: Scarab Launcher, Cybernetic-augmented Armor w/ shields, Psi-blades, Plasma Det-packs
Name: Sentry #193206
Race: Protoss (Machine)
Skill Set: Support
Abilities: Guardian Shield, Hallucination, Nano-Repair (Machines only), Forcefield
Appearance: Appears like the Nullifier
Equipment: Purifier Lightning Gun, Sentry-variant Support Drone

^ShadowFury^
Name: Mareesa
Race: Ral'zar
Skill Set: Gladiator, proficiency with mechanics, basic Ral'zar medical training
Abilities: Short-range warp, active cloaking, Battle Rage, Predator(passive).
Appearance: (See PRP)
Equipment: Lightning Spear, Abyss Blade, Blood Rifle
Name: AXeDD (Anti-Xeno Defense Droid) Mk. 1
Race: Terran Droid
Skill Set: Ranged Combat, melee abilities poor, grunt work.
Abilities: Plasma Cannon, Booster Pack, Energy Overload, Vacant Module
Appearance: (See PRP)
Equipment: Ionic Turret, Miniature Machine Turret, Photon Hand Blaster, Hand located Flamethrower, Chest located mini-missile cannon, HUD, Core Generator, Ability Based Equipment, Optical Camera

^smylez^
Name: James Anderson
Skill Set: reconnaissance, general purpose infantry, mobile infantry
Equipment: C-8 Rifle, Dual Scythe Pistols, D-6 Grenades, G-4 Anti-personel mines, Stimpacks, Jetpack, Bailsong
Abilities: Pistolslinger, Fearless
Name: Edmond Jr. Van Lynn Hathway Baez
Skill Set: Chemist, Xeno-biologist and cataloger extraordinaire.
Abilities: Cower, Play dead, Misdirection, Volatile Compounds
Equipment: His data pad running on solar energy and vials on his belt. Also his brains and carries a pistol with a single bullet.

^Steelwolf^
Name Aya 'Lotus' Misoko Zareese
Skill set: Medical Doctor, Biologist and Botanist.
Abilities: Heal, Rapid Growth, Viral infection
Equipment : Bullpup, .45 cal Pistol, Stun Rod, ODST type of armor with medical symbol and extra pouches for gear.
Appearance- 5'3" earthy brown long hair hair and almond brown eyes, Small build but is pregnant so yeah and very bookish looking.

^TheLostMorph^
Name: Jack "Magneton" Zareese
Skill Set: Computer/Electronic Tech, Translation Expert, Novice pilot
Abilities: Polarity Shield, Electro-Magnetic sight, Electro-Magnetic manipulation, Master Hacker/Programmer
Physical Appearance: Well muscled but not overly so, 6' even, brown eyes, short cropped red hair,
Equipment: Magnum, Assault Rifle, combat knife, Personal computer

^Warhawk^
Name: Blake Ericson
Skill Sets: Marksmanship, Scouting, Advanced survival skills
Abilities: Snipe, Tracking, Stealth.
Appearance: 5' 10", A dour square face with a mat of jet black hair. Hard brown eyes and slightly tanned skin. Sturdily built and well muscled. 200 pounds and not a gram of excess fat.
Equipment: Basic military grade bio-enhancements, Sniper rifle, Magnum, 12" utility/combat knife, Solar body armor with energy weave suit, Compression ammo tooler, Rebreather, Optic visor, Extraneous gear.

^Zarkun^
Name: Rave
Race: Human
Skill Set: Advanced CQC training, Wilderness survival skills, Combat Lifesaver
Equipment: Shield blade, twin SMGs, Halo 4 Venator armor painted white and forest green
Appearance: 5'10", blue, spiky hair, ice blue eyes, 195 lbs, thin, but deceptively strong.
Abilities: Shield Bearer, Supressive Fire, Charge, Incindiary Rounds
NPC Character Sheet:
Name: Katniss Braun
Skill Set: Diplomat, Arbitrator, Expedition Leader
Abilities: N/A
Appearance: 5'6", slight build, lithe, semi athletic, shoulder length brown hair,
Equipment: service pistol, ghost like Hostile Environment Suit(no cloak), personal computer,

Name: Femiix
Race: Protoss
Skill Set: Lead scientist, Survivor, novice combatant, moderate psionic
Abilities: Psi-pulse, Technopath,
Appearance: 6'4", relatively slight build for a protoss
Equipment: modified zealot armor, single psi-blade

Name: Jamal Jones
Skill Set: Combat Veteran, Security Chief,
Abilities: N/A
Appearance: Bald, gruff, medium build, 6', well muscled
Equipment: Full set of body armor, Light Weight Machine Gun (LMG), combat knife, pistol

You may now post
IC: "Dr. Mis... Zareese reporting" Aya says standing next to Jack as she put down her duffly bag. She was in her armor and looking around the room her smg still in her hands.
IC:
"Blake Ericson, here."
He says, still inspecting the place through the scope of his rifle.
"Sentry 193206, all systems functioning within normal parameters." The Sentry chimes, scanning the surroundings.

Feldraxium, combat ready. Feldraxium says telepathically.
OOC: Valdis in third person, Alvara in first.

IC: Valdis paused, staring into space for a few seconds after they called his name. He then dumbly and loudly yelled out "Valdis here!" Before sitting down on the floor.

___

I wait my turn, and professionally call out "Alvara Simunga.", standing at attention the whole time.
I keep a constant sweep going with both SMGs, waiting for my name to be called. Once it is, I call out, I reply, "Rave reporting!"
"System diagnostics running..." The Mk. 1 robot says as it is fired up. "All systems functional. Anti-Xeno Defense Droid capable of duties."

Mareesa rushes through the forests, her eyes set on one goal, a beast that would provide some food for the lost expedition. As she leaps her warp system activates, and she dematerializes for a split second, and materializes right on top of the her prey. Not having the time to impale it with one of her weapons Mareesa latches onto the beast's neck with her claws, and tears through the flesh. In order to sustain any injuries she lets go after her ripping and rolls off to the side as the animal topples. She approaches the animal that was holding on by a thread. She draws her Abyss Blade with her thumb at the pommel. She holds onto the hilt over the animals head, and she drives it into the her prey's brain, putting it out of its misery.
Enifin raises his hand, his other on his sword. "Here. Enifin Shargage."
"Mr Zareese here." I call out before setting my bag down next to Aya's. "How are you my Lotus?" I ask quietly so as to not disturb others from hearing the roll call.
IC: Aya gently poked Jack and motioned for him to help her get her backpack off.
I nod and help her get the pack off.
IC: "Thanks Jacks. It was killing my shoulders" Aya says looking around the room. "I wonder if its safe to set up yet."
[Valdis]

Valdis approaches Aya. "Hi." He says simply but excitedly, fidgeting greatly.
IC: Aya looks at valdis though her helmet. "Umm hi"
OOC: sorry lekrog and Galvian but don't feel like waiting.

IC: "Your welcome." I gently rub her shoulders while waiting for roll call to finish.

*Activates DM Power so everyone has checked in*

"Alright all accounted for." Ms Braun looks at the assembled expedition members for a moment. "Mr. Zareese, and Femiix please come up here. The rest of you may begin looking around for rooms we can use both for work and habitation." As Ms Braun speaks lights start to come on around the room the complex suddenly sensing the presence of the expedition.

"I'll come find you when I'm done here." I head up to the control room with Femiix a couple other personnel coming as well.
IC: "You be careful." Aya says before looking around for a room she could use as a lab and medical station.
IC:
Holstering his rifle, Blake draws a well used magnum and knife before vanishing into the shadowed and labyrinthine halls of the complex.
Enifin begins to walk around, eventually finding something along the lines of a door, upon which he knocked.