Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 25)

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 19 20 21 25 Next
"Guys. I have a proposal. A completely serious one. I think it would clear up our minds, let us have a better community. And maybe even attract a few people who are hesitant to join our ranks."
We have been talking about it in DA and we believe it could possibly be a good idea for the greater good and will actually be fun.
"Being present when it was discussed, I back this up entirely."
As do I.
rad
I have returned.
?
"After Epilogue is finished, we wipe out all RPer lore. We restart with a clean slate. None of the RPers currently ever happened. No 'Demon', no Poltergeist, no Lorians, no anything. They never existed. The Lorians and such can come back, but I believe that it is better to leave out the 'Demon' and Poltergeist permanently. The events with the Changelings never happened, although they can come back into existence. We go back to the basics. Back to the established lore. We can stray away, but not too much. This is my idea. This is what I believe. Some RPs can be exceptions back to this chaotic time of RPer lore and RPs. We disconnect everything from our RPs."

I was standing on a table now, many random people assembled around me. "ARE YOU WITH ME?"
Here here!
Here here!
"HERE HERE!" I shout, raising a glass into the air.
"Isn't it supposed to be 'hear, hear'?" I ask before shouting "Hear, hear!"
06/27/2013 06:31 PMPosted by Owlfeathers
"Isn't it supposed to be 'hear, hear'?" I ask before shouting "Hear, hear!"

My masterful indoctrination plan worked flawlessly.
"Nay." I stand up and shake my head. "We go with established lore, most of us are better off leaving. It simply...can't be done. Those RPs and their creators, myself excluded, are apart of the bar. The people are hesitant to join because most of us are...sporadic, to put it kindly. Look at what would happen. We'd grow bored."
06/27/2013 07:20 PMPosted by Zarkun
"Nay." I stand up and shake my head. "We go with established lore, most of us are better off leaving. It simply...can't be done. Those RPs and their creators, myself excluded, are apart of the bar. The people are hesitant to join because most of us are...sporadic, to put it kindly. Look at what would happen. We'd grow bored."
"New lore can be created. It would be like the... 'rebirth', so to speak, of the bar. The idea was not to go back to only established lore, but to remove all current RPer lore so that we can create it anew. As it stands currently, the present RPer lore has reached its due conclusion. If we go beyond that, it will grow stagnant and die, slowly, over a long period. Things will just get progressively worse and begin to get too... 'out there'.

I have seen this happen before; things connected to the current RPer lore will just become ever more extravagant and excessive, to the point where it overpowers the actual SC lore. At that point, since the SC lore is its foundation, it will naturally begin to collapse and die. If we completely wipe it out however, maybe with a few exceptions, we can prevent this slow collapse and begin all over again from the very start."
"We'll see."
"Eh ... I'm undecided ... might reintroduce the Mozan after I give them a bit of TLC and the Elerian's would be seeing a come back but both would be limited in their use most likely."
"ShadowFury... I have to hand it to you."

I stand up and raise my rifle with a grin.

"That's the best !#@$ Idea I've ever heard in this forum. It's also what I've been secretly wanting, but for fear of being burned at the stake, have never proposed."
Out of curiosity for those of you who DM, do you determine the success of an action based on a die roll or is it arbitrary?
I have to agree with Owl and SF, but there's no reason we can't reuse some of our various RPer lore. However a fresh start after Epilogue sounds like a very good idea. It would give everyone another chance at things and what not.