Update to GM league in 2013 Ladder Season 4

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Reaching Grandmaster League marks the pinnacle of achievement on the StarCraft II Ladder, and being able to show off that GM icon in your character profile is an accomplishment to which only the best players in each region can lay claim. Now that the highest echelons of StarCraft II ladder play have shifted over to Heart of the Swarm, we want Grandmaster League to continue to feel meaningful and relevant for players who strive to earn a seat among the top 200 in their region.

For this reason, we’ve decided to make Grandmaster League available only for the latest StarCraft II expansion level. In this way, it will always be very clear who the top 200 StarCraft II players are in each region, and the league will maintain its significance as we move through future ladder seasons.

This change will go into effect for the North America, Europe, Korea, and Southeast Asia Battle.net regions once 2013 Ladder Season 4 begins at 12:00 a.m. on Monday, June 10 in each region. It’s important to note that this will not be immediately reflected on the Grandmaster League section of the Battle.net website, though we will be updating it soon.

Thank you, and good luck to everyone in Season 4!
Thanks Blizzard!
Good implementation, it was total bull!@#$ that Silver leaguers could make it into Grandmaster on WoL.
It also masks the complete infestor imbalance that was left to WoL:

http://i.imgur.com/24Txb8Y.jpg?1
Good implementation, it was total bull!@#$ that Silver leaguers could make it into Grandmaster on WoL.

OH NO WAS YOUR POOR SENSIBILITY OF SUPERIORITY DAMAGED? THOSE DAMN SILVER LEAGUERS MAKING IT TO GM AFTER EVERYONE ELSE WAS GONE. TERRIBLE!
:^D

I still will never make GM but this is good.
06/07/2013 12:33 PMPosted by TomJones

OH NO WAS YOUR POOR SENSIBILITY OF SUPERIORITY DAMAGED? THOSE DAMN SILVER LEAGUERS MAKING IT TO GM AFTER EVERYONE ELSE WAS GONE. TERRIBLE!

What he said i could care less either way I just don't get why people would make a big deal out of it.

You don't even play. Why do you care?
i wonder, will ppl who got their gm archievement in wol during the time after hots came out until know, will they loose that or still keep it ?
06/07/2013 01:00 PMPosted by KillerofGods

What he said i could care less either way I just don't get why people would make a big deal out of it.

I don't know...that guy had caps lock on.

I think I could feel the fury off him. Not the best person to quote.
"Want the content you originally payed for? Buy HotS to unlock it now!"

Honestly, this whole thing is a major "!@#$ you" to the people who can't/won't buy HotS.

Blizzard, we are all adults here, we can handle some people having a shiny emblem next to their characters' names. So childish.

Honestly, this whole thing is a major "!@#$ you" to the people who can't/won't buy HotS.

Blizzard, we are all adults here, we can handle some people having a shiny emblem next to their characters' names. So childish.

You never payed for specific leagues.... its not taking away from the actual gameplay

Yet you're having a fuss over this.
What's the big deal? It doesn't matter that much. People really shouldn't have strong opinions on this. You're still fighting people with the same skill before this change.

The only way you're paying for "content you originally payed for" is if you were GM when the majority of people played WoL and had to get get HotS to get it again. You're not a true GM.
You never payed for specific leagues.... its not taking away from the actual gameplay

Some people really want their shinies

I don't know...that guy had caps lock on.

I think I could feel the fury off him. Not the best person to quote.

I read it sarcastically and sarcastic fury isn't real fury.

You're not a true GM.

IMHO anyone who's not a current GM isn't a true GM so it really doesn't matter. An if you cared so much as to check if he is GM in WoL or HotS then you could easily find that out.

I think the better change would be to set their profile info be different for every expansion as its a new game and no one cares if you were diamond in WoL if you're bronze in HotS (exaggeration but you get the point.)
I read it sarcastically and sarcastic fury isn't real fury.

Maybe it's just caps lock.

I think the better change would be to set their profile info be different for every expansion as its a new game and no one cares if you were diamond in WoL if you're bronze in HotS (exaggeration but you get the point.)

I would like this.

LOLOLOLOLOL

Why so upset, WoL gm? Don't want to lose your illusion of superiority? Does it just look too good in team game loading screens?
I agree, good move.