Achievements and Portraits not loading

Technical Support
Prev 1 7 8 9 12 Next
Yeah i just logged in and everything is back to normal.
Hello, I started having issues with portraits and achievements sin the latest patch (1 month ago), I couldn't see the portraits and would get no achievement notification but I did receive the achievement (I checked it through the battle net page).

1 Week ago mysteriously the portraits were back, but I've been getting a "Achievements are Disabled until further notice" message every time I sign in. I'm running SC2 on a iMac with 10.6.4 Snow Leopard OS, are any of the tests you mention available for Mac? I tried the ones related to downloading files and testing the browser all resulted in Test Successful.

Thanks in advance
Same as Roswell, any blizzard guy could help us?
I am still having issues. I don't know if the original issue disappeared as this other issue could potentially be hiding it. I'm getting an Achievements are disabled message.
I fixed the problem. I did all the above steps and none of them worked.

However I unistalled my graphics drivers and reinstalled them and it WORKED.

Just thought I let you guys know.
I was having this problem as well, until about a week ago. Then all my profile pictures and the achievement icons returned. This worked for a short time, but then I noticed as others have described already, that when I scrolled the achievement icons would disappear.

So yesterday, I received a notice my Avast was expiring. I installed the update license key and started to play SC2. Low and behold, achievements gone again. So, I check the Avast firewall settings, and even turn off all the monitors, relaunch, and still the same issue...then begins the search through the Blizzard forums, and researching on Avast forums, and Google searching for any tidbits of information to fix this.

So after speaking with a friend who also plays SC2 and is experiencing the continued dropped games, I decided to try something. I launched a free VPN service I use, called Hotspot Shield (http://www.hotspotshield.com/). It's not bad, but if you close the original window, you will get popups from time to time. Then I fired up SC2, and would you believe all the achievement icons populated!?!? I close out of SC2, then shutdown Hotspot Shield, then relaunch SC2, and the icons are all still there. And also, even after I restart Avast, the icons continue to populate.

I'm not sure exactly why this would work, but if I hear someone say it is the ISP blocking this, or doing that, I'd say that is bunk. The reason I would say that, is I've been playing the game on/off almost since release, and before the various game balance patches, never had any problems. My hypothesis, is it is something on Blizzard's end, whether it be latency, or TTL, or the way the game servers are configured. I hope this might help some of my fellow players. If it does, perhaps it will provide some more details to Blizzard's techs, so we can alleviate this issue once and for all.
Has Blizzard done anything to attempt to fix this issue?
Yes. PeerApp has been contacted. However, once an update is deployed it'll still take some time before your ISP applies it. If you want an immediate fix, use a VPN until the data is cached, then connect like normal.
Hmmm so I donwloaded that VPN software Hotshield, and magically i got all my achievements to load again my rewards and even the "achievement service disabled to further notice " that popped just right after i logged dissappeared.
I have no idea wut this hotshield does or w/e but it fixed my problem. Guys give it a try and see if it works for u guys too.
And bluees any idea why this fixed it ? :O
Hello All, I followed Theodisus advice and the fix worked for me, after connecting through a VPN all my achievements and portraits are shown. As Pinky said It's a shame that we have to use a 3rd party software to fully play SC2...

Theodisus Thank you very much for the fix, even Blizzard can't do that jajajajajajaja
I just tried the fix from Theodisus, and it worked. So far, this is the only thing that has worked for me.
I got a "malicious" URL while downloading the file, but AVAST blocked it. Just wanted people to be aware.
Maybe what this program does could offer some useful insight into what may actually be the problem. I'd hate to have to keep using a third party app to play SC after every patch.

Thanks again, Theodisus!
I have no idea wut this hotshield does or w/e but it fixed my problem. Guys give it a try and see if it works for u guys too.
And bluees any idea why this fixed it ? :O

Maybe what this program does could offer some useful insight into what may actually be the problem. I'd hate to have to keep using a third party app to play SC after every patch.

Again, we know exactly what the issue is... At least for you guys. (some people are legitimately experiencing a different issue)

That issue is that your ISP is using caching software that disobeys just about all of the proxy standards that exist. So far, we have contacted a major creator of one of these proxies. Hopefully, we will hear back from them soon. Additionally, many people have also contacted their ISP, however they deny that the cache even exists. More customer pressure is necessary here.

Once you use the VPN to fix the issue, it most likely won't be needed again until next patch.
@ Manyppl , Confirmed dude! My portraits are back and everything works fine. I used Hidemyip though, which is the same thing pretty much. Anybody out there having this problem I highly suggest using Hotspot or Hidemyip. Big thanks Many <3

Edit.

I used Hidemyip once, and then logged in normally and everything was still there. Not sure if that's the same case for anybody else..
I'm having this same issue. Can't see portraits at all and Achievements are disabled.