Hunt for the Snowbound Relic

Joeyray's Bar
Post Limit:
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
Cursing to myself as the Spartans sprint down the mountain to warn the others, I jetpack forward, using my ability to control the earth to knock the boulder off course. Hopefully it was enough.
The boulder rolls straight through the attempt to knock it off-course, not even budging from the attempt to change its direction.
Sliding to a stop, I slam a pillar of earth into it's side, trying to knock it away.

OOC: Rather not have the entrance to my base blocked off thanks.
The pillar knocks it slightly off-course, however, the path the boulder is now taking kills one Spartan, along with bringing it BACK around to the path it was on earlier.
Giving a quick prayer for the Spartan, I raise a pillar up under the boulder, sending it flying.
"Telnis, this is the Executor here. Those...machines are constructing something that is a cause for concern. Have one of the slave broods attack their encampment and see if you can destroy it. Poach around and see what their capabilities are if you cannot."

"Your will is my command Executor!"

Some time later, the Abbadon Brood makes their way to the Ser'vanar base.
The boulder makes a slight jump, but falls back down and continues on its course.
Finally out of options, I open a rift directly beneath the boulder, too wide for it to roll over.
The rift was opened too slowly, and the boulder grinds to a halt, closing off the Lorian base.
Growling in annoyance, I close the rift and walk over to the boulder, slamming my fist into it and open a person sized hole in it so people can move through. "Someone bring some explosives. We'll blow it open."
"Telnis, this is the Executor here. Those...machines are constructing something that is a cause for concern. Have one of the slave broods attack their encampment and see if you can destroy it. Poach around and see what their capabilities are if you cannot."

"Your will is my command Executor!"

Some time later, the Abbadon Brood makes their way to the Ser'vanar base.
From above, the Archive Ship spots the brood inbound. Their threat level is estimated based on scans, and the information relayed down to the base. A decision had been made; the incoming creatures would not be allowed to pass the outer perimeter, but would not be fired upon until such time as they either attacked or trespassed.

The ground forces, all of which by this time had been delivered to the base, repositioned better defend the angle from which the brood was coming. If the swarm did indeed plan to attack, they would not go unchallenged. Meanwhile, the Archive Ship stands by to commence orbital bombardment if necessary, it's missiles prepared to fire.
OOC: I just realize a small hitch. Is every capital ship just going to commence orbital bombardment when a ground force attacks?

The brood closes in the base.
I'm with holding as a final option. Can't speak for the rest.
OOC: I just realize a small hitch. Is every capital ship just going to commence orbital bombardment when a ground force attacks?

The brood closes in the base.
OOC: Possibly. Some weapons wouldn't be all that practical to use though, purification rays would do too much collateral damage, as would nukes. Yamato cannons and my long range missiles would both be somewhat viable, though the Yamato Cannon uses energy. And personally, if I were to attack someone who had capital ships in orbit, I would attack those at the same time as the ground forces went in so that they would have to choose to either save their ground forces or their ships.

IC: As the brood shows no signs of stopping, the moment it passes the designated perimeter line the defenses open fire, attack drones swarming the brood and wreaking havoc with their plasma cannons. The Watchers, having the longest ranged weapons of the ground units, open fire first. Their rapid fire beam weapons are designed specifically for destroying large swarms of enemies, and they do so with terrible efficiency, cutting through the enslaved Zerg forces with their fiery beams, killing hundreds of them within the space of seconds.

As the Zerg continue forward, the stationary beam cannon emplacements and Guardians begin pouring forth their fire onto the enslaved brood's forces, sending corpses flying as beams hit their marks with computerized precision.

Far above, the Archive Ship launches its missiles, volleys of lime green streaks falling through the atmosphere as they home in on their targets, spread in such a way that the antimatter warheads would cause damage to as much of the hostile force as possible.
The ground beneath one of the Drones explodes and Nagg (who is also Cloaked might I add) pulls it back underground in the blink of the eye and before it can get a good read of what attacked it a claw stabs into it, sending it beyond repair and the pack moves away from that area too a new area, sensing the tremors of a battle nearby.
Would like to point out Nagg would still be seen as there would be detectors and not to mention he may have just been blown up by a missile as you didn't account for those.
06/18/2013 10:11 PMPosted by MechaGhidrah
The ground beneath one of the Drones explodes and Nagg (who is also Cloaked might I add) pulls it back underground in the blink of the eye and before it can get a good read of what attacked it a claw stabs into it, sending it beyond repair and the pack moves away from that area too a new area, sensing the tremors of a battle nearby.
OOC: What drones are you referring to? There are the construction drones, which are building the tower and safely in range of detectors (for all intents and purposes, the fixed beam cannons are basically photon cannons with better range and damage), and then the attack drones, which are currently flying around like miniature Interceptors and shooting at things. To catch the construction drones, you would have to somehow burrow in without being blown to dust, and for the latter, that would require tunneling under the enslaved brood , grabbing a drone (they're moving very quickly, mind you), and then tunneling away again. Without being blown up by the missiles, shredded by Zerg, conflagrated by beam cannons, eviscerated by particle beams, or any such. Difficult, to say the least.
"What do you think Executor? They've quite the firepower, especially from that giant ship of theirs although I am convinced they can be overrun with our broods."

"Yes, it will be quite hard to approach them if their flagship is free to do what they will and I am convinced that it is a grave mistake to let them finish constructing whatever it is they are making. Pull the brood back, we will devise a plan, especially for the others in the area..."
As the brood pulls back out of range, the attack drones chase them a bit, killing a few more Zerg before returning to the drone hubs. Several missiles, still airborne, blow holes in the remaining force as they land, however no more are launched. The Archive Ship tracks the brood as they head back to the Tal'darim base, while business as usual resumes around the Tower. It is now very close to completion, as is the station overhead, and a faint blue glow can be seen permeating the seams between its plates.

OOC: Going to sleep now. Good night.
[Tal'darim]
Something appears at the southernmost point of the base, and it appears to be moving closer toward the base.