Looking for 2 base Fast Hyrdalisk Builds (vP)

Zerg Discussion
Post Limit:
Really appreciate some fast Hydralisk builds against Protoss and some replay accompaniment. Looking to add a new element to my game. I would also appreciate some of you thoughts and what I should look out for.

Also, from my understanding, Hydralisk are pretty bad versus Terran but I was told on the forums today that I was an idiot for believing that. I'd appreciate thoughts, build orders and replays on that as well.

Thank you zerg community.
14g
14p
metabolic boost
pull drones off gas
queen
6 lings
21 hatch
drones back on gas
@75 gas build an evo chamber
Carapace upgrade
@100 gas lair

When your lair finishes you want 3 evo chambers, two saturated bases and to drop you hydra den asap;
start your melee upgrade and your speedra upgrade once the den finishes.

The initial lings are for map control / to scout / deny proxy pylons

build ~8 hydras and mass lings and push

should have a replay somewhere - 1 moment

I may deviate from this build a touch in the replay, due to the specifics of the game but the fundamentals of what i have outlined are contained within.
http://drop.sc/344033

when you micro you're going to want to keep your hydras behind your lings, and if/when they kill them off back up and reenforce w/ more lings to keep pressing.

[Credit to scyt for coaching / being a cool guy]
Why do fast hydra vs toss.. when you could do... this

http://drop.sc/344050

btw you can hit an even better timing than I did here. You can have that nydus hatch as early as 8:30.
I do this literally every vs Protoss game I get in, with exception of early gate / proxy play when you need to get speedlings out to hold.

I do transition into swarm host tho.. every single vs Protoss. Even when they go air.
waow, gold builds R TEH bests!!!

tanks sooo much!
Basically you just play standard but you don't get a fast third, you tech to hydra instead. You should be prepared for a transition and not rely on hydras.

I usually do 2 base ling/hydra VS a gateway expand to defend against gateway timings and to apply pressure while taking my third. I don't use roach because sometimes protoss blindly assume I'm making roaches and make useless Immortals. Also Void rays kill them easily. Just make sure the zealots don't approach the hydras with lings.

I would research range upgrade(unless you really want to be aggressive and plan to be of creep most of the time) before speed just so that if Protoss Forcefields they could still shoot. Also you can poke the wall because they will outrange,with the upgrade, the cannon behind it.

Unfortunately, I don't have any build order or replays. But I could upload one if I find the opportunity to play a good game.
waow, gold builds R TEH bests!!!

tanks sooo much!

• Excellent comment, it was both insightful and helped the OP
  • I learned this build from a masters zerg
  • I was placed in gold this season after two seasons in top plat; If you checked my MH i'm clearly omw back (quickly) (i see you were demoted yourself)
  • waow, gold builds R TEH bests!!!

tanks sooo much!

• Excellent comment, it was both insightful and helped the OP
  • I learned this build from a masters zerg
  • I was placed in gold this season after two seasons in top plat; If you checked my MH i'm clearly omw back (quickly) (i see you were demoted yourself)

• so i just uploaded your replay to ggtracker to analyze it http://ggtracker.com/matches/3517809 here

you have 7 hydras 10-13 minutes into the game, protoss all ins hit at 9-11 minutes, pretty sure you would have died to a better player...

not sure how good this "masters" player you learned from is but i RARELY see any good zergs go 14g thats just a waste of drone and slows down your macro...

edit: also why in the world would you use a 14g/14p/21hatch build? 14g/14p builds are usually for ZvZ
    i actually had my lings out (in mass for the attack) at 9 mins and by 10 i was already at his nat w/ ~20 lins and 9 hydras, pulling back and letting the second wave of lings flood back in.
    and the reasoning for the early gas is to

1) get early ling speed to scout / keep map control / deny proxy pylons
    2) start ling 1/1 and lair tech asap
    3) if you notice drones get pulled from gas at the first 100 and only return once the nat is up
    4) who cares how "rare" it is; if it's viable it doesn't matter if it's standard
    and the reasoning for the early gas is to

1) get early ling speed to scout / keep map control / deny proxy pylons
    2) start ling 1/1 and lair tech asap
    3) if you notice drones get pulled from gas at the first 100 and only return once the nat is up
    4) who cares how "rare" it is; if it's viable it doesn't matter if it's standard

again let me say the toss you were playing was BAD, i didnt watch the replay im just using gg tracker to look at the mini map, i dunno how you got into his nat (but that automatically means the toss is trash)
    you dont need speedlings for map control against a FE toss

edit: from the miini-map, doesnt look like the toss even walled his nat, thats why. and his mcore came out at 12mins...

"doesnt matter it it's standard", it kind of does matter when you get up to higher levels of play, which you should be reaching soon. i suggest abandoning that 14g/14p build and try out builds with a slighly delayed gas.

such as 15h/15pool/gas or 15p/16h/gas builds. ofc you still need to scout for 1base all ins.
    not 100% sure with these 2 builds but trust me if you look around on teamliquid you will find TONS of better builds.
    seriously 2 base hydra rush dont work well because without no speed and no range hydra are jelly like zergling..if your push fail you can just GG and leave..

if going for 2 base muta then is different story because you can keep them at their base and macro behide..

if hydra fails then you cant do anything because protoss can easily roll you over.

your hydra rush can only succeed maybe 2/10 times.
    and why go hydra rush when you can go roaches rush?
    i believe at 11min i can get more roaches than your hydra and lings.
    Its a viable build

Deal is that the timings are very tight and one small slip up can leave you vulnerable to the multitude of timings of 1 gate FE'ing toss.