Counter to mass raven?

Zerg Discussion
http://drop.sc/346391

First, he proxy bunkers, which kills my natural and eventually i break it. Then, he goes Mech. I pretty much kill that with SH. The question, though, is right after his mech army is broken, he goes mass ravens.

What is the counter to ravens?

Hydras? No. They get demolished. everyone knows this.
Mutas? NO WAY, tried that, lost horribly.
Corruptors? Ha, no.
Infestors? I dunno, i was going to try, but he had a small ground army, so that would have been useless.

So, then, what is the counter to mass raven? The way i see it there is none. Literally nothing I could do about it.

any ideas or tips?
Don't let him get to mass ravens? It's pretty hard for a T to transition to them, and if you KILLED HIS MECH ARMY you could probably just a-moved him right afterwards. Especially considering he was in the middle of a raven transition...

Infestors do ok if the Ravens clump up. Hydras can work, but spread them carefully.
Well, watch the replay. I lost the match from the beginning, but i was just holding in. After destroying his mech, he very very quickly gets ravens. And the only thing i had were SH.
06/27/2013 10:28 AMPosted by roarbot
Well, watch the replay. I lost the match from the beginning, but i was just holding in. After destroying his mech, he very very quickly gets ravens. And the only thing i had were SH.

Yeah, it's really hard to come back after losing your natural.
Yea, i watched the replay. The second i killed his mech army he already had over 15 ravens.

Natural expansion, my bad
06/27/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Hunta
Yeah, it's really hard to come back after losing your natural.

So transition to mass ravens is irrelevant, game was lost from beginning, i got OP right?
Corruptors? Ha, no.
Infestors? I dunno, i was going to try, but he had a small ground army, so that would have been useless.

Hydras: What's wrong with them? It's so easy to pre-split them and attack. Having vipers with this composition even better.

Mutas: I never seen/tried going Mutas against Ravens, but I still don't see a problem.

Corruptors: And again... What's wrong with them?

Infestors: Learn how to use fungal and infested terrans. By then, maybe you will realize that Infestors aren't only used against ground units.

I know for sure Corruptors counters Ravens.
But seeker missiles!
06/27/2013 11:28 AMPosted by roarbot
But seeker missiles!

they do friendly splash, curruptor / bl is solid for this, you need to spread them out and you can actually suicide the targeted corruptor to get his ball of ravens (the best way is probably just to fly away, let it fizzle and attack again)
First off , Your upgrades were terrible, 1/1 vs 3/3 you threw away your roach army earlier when you could have finished massing your swarm hosts, all you needed to do was kill his army with the roach swarm host army then counter atk. Towards the end it was easy for him to mass ravens because he was on 5 bases to your 2 , you had a great chance to kill all his ravens when he used seeker missile on your mutas , you can split them up and fly the one that is tagged into his raven "cloud" and boom he will lose more then you. But that is what i would have done, flew my units into or ran them under his ravens for massive DMG.
I've been having nightmares about mass ravens for months now. From your game, it sounds like the mass ravens were irrelevant since you lost the game at the beginning.

But for a normal game, if you let the terran player turtle on a !@#$load of bases while you turtle yourself, you're going to have a bad time. Mass raven's and PF's are pretty much impossible to kill.

Soooo in conclusion, as many have said, don't let him get to that point (but you probably already know that). I don't think that a direct counter exists for it.
06/27/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Goodtimes
I don't think that a direct counter exists for it.

Winfestors counter everything brah!
06/27/2013 01:46 PMPosted by lolfail
I don't think that a direct counter exists for it.

Winfestors counter everything brah!

nahhhhhson raven rage > winfestors
Raven's seeker missile can do friendly damage. Just run 1 Muta or 1 Corruptor to them and the seeker missiles damage would kill them.

I had a game against mass ravens but I was able to destroy all his mining base before his Ravens came to my base. I thought I was winning until I realized that I have no anti air units.... LOL. I was able to sneak a base to build mass corruptors. It was GG when my Corruptors came out.
Something I noticed about your replay was that a) when the bunkers went down, you wasted all your lings attacking an empty bunker, with scv's repairing it. Could have at least taken the scv's out. And b) when you roach busted the bunkers, you were sitting around 10-12 roaches, that were doing nothing. He was floating his proxy barracks around your base and he had exactly x2 helions, and soon after x2 WMs.

You could have gone and done a lot of damage, or at least prevented him from expanding, bust a depot, destroy a barracks, anything to do damage. If you're worried he might have tanks, send in one scouting roach, if it lives, run in the rest.

It's always worthwhile to at least try to do damage after a cheese.
Assuming you haven't already lost the game, you can counter mass raven with the same thing that counters sky toss, mass static defense, SH's, and infestors + corrupters.
Corruptor Viper. It works really really good against any type of air. The vipers can just spam abduct as a big ball of corruptors just massacres them.
Fly with red units into ravens. They will kill themselfs lol :)
http://drop.sc/346391

First, he proxy bunkers, which kills my natural and eventually i break it. Then, he goes Mech. I pretty much kill that with SH. The question, though, is right after his mech army is broken, he goes mass ravens.

What is the counter to ravens?

Corruptors? Ha, no.

So, then, what is the counter to mass raven? The way i see it there is none. Literally nothing I could do about it.

any ideas or tips?

Some incredibly smart guys are going to tell you "don't let him get them," but they are obviously not answering the question. what's the counter? Answer: Nothing. PDD will stop everything.