Can someone help watch a TvZ Replay?

Terran Discussion
Hi, I'm a silver player who is expecting a promotion really soon and I just lost a rather non-aggressive TvZ match, I think partly because my army was unexpectedly caught by some ultralisks.
Could somebody please add me and watch the replay together? :)
Thanks!
I'm only gold, but I might be able to help you out.

chrss#971
post the replay friend
Hi, I'm a silver player who is expecting a promotion really soon and I just lost a rather non-aggressive TvZ match, I think partly because my army was unexpectedly caught by some ultralisks.
Could somebody please add me and watch the replay together? :)
Thanks!

You should try that really expensive unit that terran has to make against ultralisks, you know?

Maruders.

I had a bunch, but I think the main thing is I got caught out of position.

Anyway, here's the replay for those who want to watch:
http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=download&id=284692
I saw your replay, and I think you've destroyed by baneling, not ultralisk.
06/28/2013 08:44 PMPosted by LoseForce
I saw your replay, and I think you've destroyed by baneling, not ultralisk.

Haha okay, thanks. Was there anything I could've done better (besides not getting caught in the middle of the map)?
06/28/2013 09:31 PMPosted by EWen
Haha okay, thanks. Was there anything I could've done better (besides not getting caught in the middle of the map)?

yes, the Zerg was really greedy and went for a double expand before pool. You should have scouted this and either went for a quick third or some type of early timing attack in order to punish this. I think your problem in this replay was not that you were "unexpectedly caught by some ultralisks," but that you were out-macro'd. In TvZ you need to do some economic damage while the Zerg is dronning up. For example if you would have used your small group of marines (around 11min in this replay) to drop in, lets say, his third and/or his main, you would have killed a lot of drones and have been able to slow him down, meaning his ultralisks would have been delayed. In the end, it's really hard to out-macro a Zerg who is playing greedy, so you need to punish this type of play with early pressure. You also need to scout more. In this game you had no idea what he was doing until he actually moved out. Anyways, I hope I was able to help.

-cheers
06/29/2013 01:26 AMPosted by AdmiralCrnch

yes, the Zerg was really greedy and went for a double expand before pool. You should have scouted this and either went for a quick third or some type of early timing attack in order to punish this. I think your problem in this replay was not that you were "unexpectedly caught by some ultralisks," but that you were out-macro'd. In TvZ you need to do some economic damage while the Zerg is dronning up. For example if you would have used your small group of marines (around 11min in this replay) to drop in, lets say, his third and/or his main, you would have killed a lot of drones and have been able to slow him down, meaning his ultralisks would have been delayed. In the end, it's really hard to out-macro a Zerg who is playing greedy, so you need to punish this type of play with early pressure. You also need to scout more. In this game you had no idea what he was doing until he actually moved out. Anyways, I hope I was able to help.

-cheers

Ohh okay, I never really know how to respond to scouting, even if I know what it means. xD That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the help!