Which map is good to play mech terran?

Terran Discussion
Akilon wastes?

Neo planet?
I dont know the maps names yet, but the maps that you can defend 3rd base easy... like antiga in WoL
atm i only veto 2 maps playing mech in every matchup and they are

belshir vestige
red city

well technically any map is good for mech, but im assuming you mean with tanks so that means any maps that are wide open or are just easy to avoid your siege line are bad, belshir seems to just have too many attack paths but at the same time one of the longest rush distances making mech harder to play... there are a lot of maps in the pool atm that just have so much open ground space in the middle

derelict despite being open does have a distinct advantage of being able to plant tanks between the natural and 3rd and essentially take one for free, same with akilon wastes and star station

red city i find sucks for mech, too big and too easy to abuse air play or drops against mech so its just too slow for those kind of maps without going super turtle mode which may cost you if they just go for a straight attack and you dont have enough army... games are just too long i find

i would say any maps where your 3rd is easy to take, like its close enough to defend from the main, like star station or newkirk may work for some styles of mech as well because of how much area you can cover with tanks

whirlwind seems to be fine since its not forced cross spawns, so there is still a 2/3 chance you will be close ground and the attack paths are much narrower making mech stronger

for me, the maps which i have the highest win rates playing only mech are

Derelict 67%
Newkirk 61%
Neo planet 58%

all small maps lol
I love red city for mech so many tight areas makes it hard for any army to engage mech even toss army's get slaughted engaging in the chokes.
06/28/2013 07:26 PMPosted by MetalGear
I love red city for mech so many tight areas makes it hard for any army to engage mech even toss army's get slaughted engaging in the chokes.

tbh, i veto red city pretty much because of TvZ in general, i dunno at my level most zerg just go 4 base turtle mode and regardless of how much econ damage i can do they still able to keep going no matter how much i kill... that and that map is just hard to deal with swarm hosts on as well
Thank you guys :)
-Red City (workable but difficult for reasons other players have explained).
-Akilon Wastes.
-Korhal Sky Island: I don't think this is on the ladder anymore, but it is relatively good for Siege Tanks once you get started.
You can at least transition from Tank-based mech into Thor-based mech after three or four bases on any map. Tank-based mech still has problems because of the Siege Tank's late-game power issue, so I don't know how workable that is.