DarkBlade: Conquest of the Ancients

Joeyray's Bar
Post Limit:
"Well then, you should stick to the farms and outside the town. It's nothing more than for your safety. Many townsfolk don't like your kind."
IC:
[Morthos]
"I'm simply here to get a drink and maybe pick up an odd job at the bar. If anyone decides to cause trouble, they're going to regret it."
I say darkly;
"Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to find and inn."
He doesn't move and Morthos feels fighting him would end badly. "I need more than looking for a job then."
IC:
[Morthos]
Sighing, I lean on my staff;
"Look, if I wanted to cause trouble, I would have done something a little less direct, not to mention pick an easier target. I'm simply hear for the same reasons as any other traveler."
The man sighs. "Look, laws here are different then other places because we have a piece of Ser, fairly large too. Just...make up you have a friend here and I can let you go."
IC:
[Morthos]
I sigh and shake my head;
"Right, how could I have forgotten? I also here to see a fellow by the name of Valun. He's an aspiring blacksmith with a keen interest in replon mechanics."
The man nods and steps to the side. "We'll be watching. Stay out of trouble."
[Araea]
I look after the travelers and frown. After a moment I stand up and follow them at a discrete distance knowing they would likely notice my presence.
IC:
[Morthos]
Giving a polite nod, I pass through the gates, quickly heading for the nearest inn or tavern.

- - -

The traveler has a brief exchange with the guard before following Morthos into town.
As the group continues on, one in particular stands out. A larger man with a large blade at his hip. If one had to guess, he was the leader.
zark: that to me? I'm gonna say it probably is and go ahead and post if not then ... I'll edit out. also Steel posted Maya in the PRP

[Araea]
I note the large blade and frown even more. I stay a discrete distance away.
Morthos and his companion find an inn called The Horse's @ss and walk in, finding it to be better than it's namesake. Vorcha was in the same in and so were the talking Knights.

Morph: The group nears the town and veers off into the forest, one of them checking for a tail.
IC:
[Morthos]
Ignoring the stares from all the patrons, I walk straight up to the bar, resting my staff up against it;
"Good meat and your strongest, spiciest brew."

- - -

The Traveler walks into the bar almost completely unnoticed and grabs a seat with a good view of the door and a clear line to a pair of windows, before flagging a barmaid.
"More travelers. Thing's look like they'll get interesting..." I say to myself with a dark chuckle.
[Araea]
I glance at them but don't follow them finding that it would probably be a bad idea. "Wonder what they are up to." I mutter to myself as I look back towards the gates of the city/town.

[Amur]
I sit in a rather larger tree watching some children play smiling.
The children's mothers are nearby, gossiping the way all mothers do when Amur hears a piece that catches his attention. "Have you heard?" Says a blonde to a red head.

"No. Heard what?"

"Bandits are preparing to attack the village for it's Ser." Amur doesn't listen to the rest as the last part was what worried him.

The barmaid walks over, a tray with drinks in her hand. "What'll you have?"

The Inn Keeper chuckles and soon the order is in front of Morthos. "Looking for work, corrupted?"

Araea feels that she should inform the guards at the very least, lest something happen.
IC:
[Morthos]
I grin, not a plesent sight;
"That I am. Would you be kind enough to point me in the right direction?"
I ask as I pay for my food and drink.

- - -

The Traveler nods and takes a mug of mead.
The barmaid walks away, resuming her job.

The innkeeper chuckles and points a thumb at himself. "You're looking at the right direction. All the information for jobs comes through inns and taverns and I've the only inn in town. What kind of work you looking for?"
IC:
[Morthos]
I shrug;
"Something that pays well. Anything that helps local bandits and scum terrified and out of trouble is a plus."
The innkeeper frowns thoughtfully as he goes through a mental list of jobs, then he smiles. "You alright with a convoy guard?"

Join the Conversation