[Sugg] Dont move comments in UI xml code, pls

Editor Discussion
Since interfaces are designed to be used by the end-user directly, I wanted to use comments within my code to organize the settings the end-user can edit to alter his default settings for the interface.

On the right side, there is what I intended to do, on the left side is the displayed result after opening the layout within the editor.
http://i.snag.gy/ROSET.jpg
So, could you please disable the moving of comments within the code?

Btw, in case it's not possible (I didn't try it yet), add a way to reference constants within other layout files, so I can create one page for all settings. Then the end-user doesn't need to click through multiple layouts to alter his settings.
Hey Ahli, sorry that you are running into this issue. It's actually just a bug (or missing feature) in the Layout file parsing/writing process. When you save the Layout it needs to write it from scratch using the in-memory representation, and right now certain types of comments are not preserved during parsing. It's kind of similar to how the Data Editor can change certain values like a "1" into a "1.00000" because we don't preserve the precision.
Thanks for the answer. :)

I hope you will look into changing that one day to make it easier for non-modders to edit interface files. :)