Possible changes for balance test map

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 23 Next
2. Combine mech ground and air upgrades

We don't think Terran is struggling

Right now, it's looking like the only area where Terran might be weak is late game PvT, but it’s debateable.

So basically..

1) Terran's not weak... So let's buff them just because!
2) Terran is never weak except debatably in late game in 1 MU
Delicious every race tears >:3
2. Combine mech ground and air upgrades

We don't think Terran is struggling

Right now, it's looking like the only area where Terran might be weak is late game PvT, but it’s debateable.

So basically..

1) Terran's not weak... So let's buff them just because!
2) Terran is never weak except debatably in late game in 1 MU

Same reason Terran was nerfed despite being balanced.
pretty good changes imo
I think making widowmine easier to spot on creep can be consider as well
1. Remove Infestor upgrade for energy. Make Infestors auto matically start with the energy.

2. Overseers containment ability, if used on static defense, should disable them, supply depots should not be able to lift or lower.

3. Blinding cloud should disable widowmines

4. Fix mothership core. I am not a terran, but a lot of terrans seem to be !@#$%ing about the mothership core. I seem to understand and agree with them. Protoss can play so greedy and be so safe against everything including all-ins, they don't need to scout, while a terran has to scout for proxy that can be game ending, while protoss can nexus cannon and be safe vs everything early game.

08/12/2013 12:20 PMPosted by Dayvie
3. Vipers start with full energy

I think u could just reduce viper's spells energy cost OR add an upgrade to increase starting energy
Can Protoss please get a buff as well? <3
At least they realizes they ruined hellbats, step in the right direction.
Fix Photon Overcharge instead.
Posted by Dayvie
3. Vipers start with full energy

How about 100/200 energy? Full energy right off the bat seems to be a bit strong. No other casters starts out with full energy.
08/12/2013 03:00 PMPosted by Ezekiel
It's a nice little buff, but i don't see how it solves the problem they're trying to solve.

Spam Overseers and do Contaminate fly-bys :D

Actually, you just gave me an idea. Allow Contaminate to target mechanical units alongside structures, units affected can still attack and move, but cannot use spells or activated abilities (Blink, Prismatic Alignment) and any cooldowns (such as the Widow Mine's) would be halted for the duration of the spell.
I can guarantee that Terran will win the GF this season with TvT or less likley TvP, AGAIN. Go ahead. Buff terran again. Sigh.
#1 - I think you're looking in the right place to help Zerg without going too far. I would also suggest perhaps a vision radius boost. More speed is good, but in comparison to protoss (observers are stealthed) and terran (uses scan) the zerg will often have to sacrifice some unit against a widow mine, and for us lower level zerg it is often the overseer itself because there is such a fine line between being able to spot the mine and being shot by it.

#2 - I don't like this at all. Personally I still think Terran is the strongest race... hear me out! Not because they are just OP but because the units are the most straightforward to use. Think TvZ, as you described in the section for #1 the zerg has so much stuff to do to stop a basic marine medivac mine push. Sure, the zerg can stop it if they are ontop of the fight and can keep their injects going but that matchup asks the zerg to do so much more to be successful than the terran needs to do to be successful. Giving terrans an even easier upgrade advantage isn't going to help this. Give the terran something that it useful but requires micro to be effective.

#3 - Yes I play zerg but no I don't like this. It's too much. Start them with enough energy for 1 abduct or better yet let them consume enemy buildings.
Let changelings trigger widowmines and we're good.
08/12/2013 03:58 PMPosted by PsychoBob
#3 - Yes I play zerg but no I don't like this. It's too much. Start them with enough energy for 1 abduct

This^

or better yet let them consume enemy buildings.

This would turn ZvZ into Viper Wars xD
1. Remove Infestor upgrade for energy. Make Infestors auto matically start with the energy.

2. Overseers containment ability, if used on static defense, should disable them, supply depots should not be able to lift or lower.

3. Blinding cloud should disable widowmines

4. Fix mothership core. I am not a terran, but a lot of terrans seem to be !@#$%ing about the mothership core. I seem to understand and agree with them. Protoss can play so greedy and be so safe against everything including all-ins, they don't need to scout, while a terran has to scout for proxy that can be game ending, while protoss can nexus cannon and be safe vs everything early game.

1. I'd rather look at buffing Neural Parasite over giving Infestors base 75 energy.

2. An interesting idea, though the only problem I have with it is that it shuts down a Planatary Fortress.

3. I disagree.

4. As far as I'm concerned, the MSC is fine; don't feel it needs a nerf.

5. Doesn't seem so bad. Though whether it would change to much I don't know.
does absolutely nothing for mech aside from buffing it in TvT
it will still be awful in TvZ because theyre inadverdently nerfing mech AA and immortals still roll over everything in TvP
overall another nerf to terran
have you all considered instead, to make Widow mines unable to burrow on creep?

This would both reward the zerg for creating/holding creep spread, while at the same time not have to worry about the insane micro requirements in late game harassment.

I like this one.
does absolutely nothing for mech aside from buffing it in TvT
it will still be awful in TvZ because theyre inadverdently nerfing mech AA and immortals still roll over everything in TvP
overall another nerf to terran

How are they nerfing mech aa?