World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction

Oct 26, 2010 Welcome: Please Read! Welcome to the World's End Tavern forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss role-playing with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct ( and guidelines ( before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
Feb 8, 2015 Introducing Your Character to the Universe! How there, folks! This thread is for anybody who wants to share a short and brief description of their character, and I recommend that you use this format to share; Character's Name: Realm: Level: Age: Current Residence: Short Back Story: *Short Back-Stories Must Be Under 200 Words! If you must know what this look like well. ---Start---- ---Finish--- Seven Lines of Back Story Allowed!Dèstiny1000 Feb 8, 2015
Jul 20 [Guide] In-Game Roleplay -- The Basics EDIT: Since Meep has posted something at the top of her thread about sticky status and 'liking' the post, I thought I'd also do the same. In order to get this stickied on the top of the forums (to help out players interested in roleplay in AND out of the game), you will have to 'like' (pressing the 'thumbs up' button on the right side of my posts) my posts and press the "Request Sticky" text at the top right of my topic (directly underneath your account character's picture) to help this gain a little bit more popularity... and if you don't think this guide is sticky-worthy, please give me feedback! ---- This guide, as stated above in the topic title, will be all about the basics of in-game roleplaying, and will be relatively lengthy. It will include examples for you to see, explanations for you to understand, and links to other very helpful threads to help you learn about the joy of roleplaying. Also, since I do not consider myself 'the best of the best', this guide will be open to criticism (to question or correct what information I've provided in this guide). After all, this guide is meant to be helpful and insightful when it comes to in-game roleplaying, not a bunch of garble that doesn't help anyone or make sense. Any suggestions on corrections, additions, or deletions are completely welcome, and preferred. Even if you're skeptical about some piece of information, question me! I'll be happy to answer questions. Table of Contents I. Basic Roleplaying Terms II. Preparations for Roleplaying - 1. Character Development - 2. And The Things You Need to Know to Start III. Roleplaying Fights IV. Open World RP vs. Group RP V. Griefers and You VI. Using Online Resources for RP VII. Transitioning to Forum RP VIII. Helpful Links CompilationShandrís105 Jul 20
Aug 8 Forum RP: Types and Expectations ((Guide)) Hell Yeah! :D Thanks all, hope you enjoy this guide. Before I start. This is a very long guide, feel free to skip to the bits that are relevant to you. If you want to know how to start a Closed RP, go to that section. If you want to know about Expectations of Open RP, skip there. Also feel very free to offer constructive criticism, or criticism in general, every post is a bump :) This, as the title suggests is about Forum RP. If you wish for a Guide on In-game RP, I suggest: The above guide is very easy to read, and a lot of the basics can even be strongly relevant to forum RP. Even if you don't plan to in-game RP, the above is an easy read and comes with a few strong links that relate to forum RP as well. Edit: Second reference: This is another written set of guidelines and rules, check them out for another reference if you like, it's definitely more compact than this and might give you a good summary. And lastly: This is a brilliantly written ongoing statement and guide. It's not only personal, but comes from an experienced and helpful person. Types of Forum RPs This thread is an expression of my opinion. I am not stating fact, but I am hoping that I am vague and general enough for it to be true, even if skewed a little. I am writing this guide, so that people can understand what the different forum tags mean, how you can get into different types of RP, how you are expected to act in them, and how they work in general. First of all and most important: You are not expected to read this whole thing, it is considerably long and detailed and I probably should have condensed it. But, if you read anything, please read the second post, with Expectations and the Rules of RP, this is probably the most important part of this thread! Feel free to post criticism. Even if I disagree, I will post any valid arguments up on my first posts, for anyone else to read, so they can understand the mixed opinions that are present. This guide will also shape and form from structured opinion, I will edit as seems fit. At the start this might seem a little... not good... but with help from our community, it will grow better. I will be focusing on two main types of RP. Open, and Closed. However I will also delve into the variants of each, such as the Tavern RP, and the structured Closed RP. I will try and keep a vague sense, as it is not black and white, especially when getting into the structured aspect of things. Also, remember, I am not telling you how to do things; I am just trying to help. Each Topic will be separated by emphasized titles. At the end of each topic, there will be a short summary in italics. After the Table of Contents, there will be a summary of expectations, as it is likely the most important part of this thread. What this Guide will contain Expectations - Post 2 The "Rules' of RP - Post 2 Summary of RP Types. - Post 3 Open RPs General Feel -Post 3 How to get into one - Post 3 Expectations - Post 4 How to make one - Post 4 The Tavern Element - Post 4 Closed RPs General Feel - Post 5 How to get into one - Post 5 Expectations - Post 5 How to make one - Post 6 The Structured Element - Post 7 Quick Term Summary There are other, better places you can find these, but I will just go through the ones you will need to know here. OOC: Out of Character. Refers to any comment made from you as an Earthling, not from your character, as I am talking now, as opposed to... IC: In Character. Any comment made from your characters perspective. E.g.: Thurman took the blue silken wizards hat from his bed and placed it on top of his head. RP: Roleplay TM: Thread Master. The Person who creates a thread, this is the poster with the most control; role will vary depending on the RP type. OP: Opening Post. This refers to the first post in a thread by someone. The TM’s first post will start a thread, while the posters first post will introduce their character. Generally, the OP will be longer than the other posts, because you have far more to write about, and generally want to put more effort into it. Note Feel free to post criticism. Know that I want your opinion, and if you have your own guide, or bits of guide, feel free to give them to me, and I will add them. We are a community. The credit should go to all of us.Meep161 Aug 8
Sep 25 [FanFic Guide]: Building a Better Story! I thought I might as well toss up some guidelines that could give some new writers a path to follow. You can choose to follow what I say strictly, or just completely blow it off; doesn't much matter. It's your story, so be creative with it! I'm just here to try and help. -Table of Contents- I. Story Topics II. Creativity in Writing III. Writing Guidelines IV. Descriptive Limitations V. Hero’s Journey VI. Involving NPCs VII. Adding Flavor Lore VIII. After Publishing ---------------------- I. Story Topics Now, while this is very much your story and your creation, it does have to take place within the WoW universe (Blizzard's rules from the old Seat of Knowledge forum, not mine). People tend to shy away from stories that involve heavy lorebreaking without an explanation (such as an alternate dimension, change in the past, nightmares or dreams, etc.). But so long as you make it obvious that your story is in Warcraft, you should be fine. II. Creativity in Writing Something to always keep in mind while writing your story, is that it is your creation and your imagination that is at work; not someone else's. If you want to involve a giant, undead, fel-corrupted dragon in Moonglade for your story about a teenager with a mechanical arm and a blade that can cut through anything... Have at it. It's your story so you write it however you see fit to capture your imagination and entertain others. III. Writing Guidelines People don’t like to read walls of texts, paragraphs filled with bad punctuation, wrong spelling or broken English, so if you want to hook your readers in before they start reading, break your story apart. Split them up into smaller paragraphs, use proper grammar and punctuation and if you don’t know how to spell a specific word, try using Google’s voice recognition on your phone or laptop to pronounce the word; Google should recognize it, and then you’ll know how to spell it! Trust me, splitting your story into paragraphs and using proper grammar goes a long way with a reader’s eye. IV. Descriptive Limitations While this is Warcraft, there are some descriptive limitations that could get your thread deleted if you break some of the rules. As you very well know, World of Warcraft is filled with blood, gore and torture, all of which can be within your story without a problem (usually). However, I wouldn't go about describing in great detail the victim of some heinous death. Gore can usually be described if you’re detailing an Abomination or Ghoul, but if you’re describing a character's death, keep it to a minimum. People are much more queasy reading about dead bodies than they are zombies. Same goes for describing scenes of sexual intercourse, nudity, non-consensual sex, etc. If you want to share your Warcraft fantasy, there are sites for that, but this is not one of them. V. The Hero's Journey Any great story needs a hero, and any great hero needs a journey. In 1987, Joseph Campbell released a book titled "The Hero's Journey", and it showed people how almost every hero, whether it be Gilgamesh of ancient Mesopotamia over 4,000 years ago, or the well-known Superman and even Jesus Christ, all share shockingly similar traits. According to Joseph Campbell, they all follow a guideline of a story element; and for good reasons. People love it. Remember, you do not have to follow the Hero’s Journey to make a good story, but here's a breakdown of the Hero's Journey in a simplified version: Unusual Birth Whether it’s the common virgin birth story or the death of the character's parents, anything unusual that happens at birth or at a young age can fit right in here. Call to Adventure This usually includes a messenger of some sort or a way of the hero being requested for aid in a mission, usually in a faraway land. Refusal of the Call The hero tends to refuse the call to adventure at first, but is then forced to go, convinced to, or chooses to go. Meeting the Mentor It could be a teacher, father, trainer, or even a sibling, but this area usually includes training or preparation for the adventure. Crossing the First Threshold Whether it’s fighting a dragon, tackling a giant, solving a riddle, saving the town or rescuing Timmy from a well, this is the first trial that has to be taken down to achieve the goal. The Challenges These usually include physical, mental and spiritual challenges which can be in any order, and usually spread out. These challenges also don’t have to be related to the main story, and can be simple challenges on the side to further character development. The Approach Your hero is getting close to the goal! Is s/he backing out? Preparing for battle? Avenging his/her mentor’s death? Having multiple flashbacks?Canniibal21 Sep 25
Jul 30 Roleplaying Question Collective Now, I've been on these forums a while. It never fails that many questions get asked over and over and over. I'm hoping to create some kind of resource for people to come to to get their questions answered. They'll include a question(In no particular order), with a general consensus of the forums/sources as to what the answer of that question is, and a link if applicable to where discussion on that topic was held. I'll update for better threads or different opinions should things change. I'm also open to suggestions or links, so post them if you have them. ERPing and how to handle it should you see it. -- Warn them(politely), report them, ignore them if they continue. -- Thread: Using the Vial of the Sands to RP a Dragon. -- It's generally frowned upon, can be proven OoCly and ICly to not work, but if you can find an accepting group and you do it well, it can work. Don't expect wide acceptance. -- Thread: Languages, Translations, and where to find them. -- While it's possible lorewise for characters to learn other languages, you have to turn to an addon to allow you to speak them in RP. -- Thread: "Breaking" and "Bending" Lore. -- Many many people frown upon it, but there is a small community that supports it. Try to find them, don't expect people to accept you or your story/character. Most prefer to RP WoW in WoW. -- Thread: Death, Healing, and mechanics. -- There are many ways to handle death and healing in World of Warcraft. One of the more accepted ways is that Death is final. You can also be ressurected, but you can't cheapen Death by making it easy. -- Thread(s): , Races that don't exist in WoW, in WoW. -- Much like breaking or bending lore to allow things that should be, roleplaying a race that doesn't normally exist(Dark Elves, other fantasy races) is generally frowned upon. You can find those that accept it but don't expect wide acceptance. -- Thread: Vampires in WoW -- Classical vampires do not actually exist in WoW. There are vampiric creatures, there are also vampiric demons or other creations, but a Vampire like you would see in Dracula does not exist. -- Thread(s): , Love in World of Warcraft -- Love can strike anyone at any time. However, you must take into consideration ICly and OoCly genetics, cultural differences, age discrepancies, and physiology. -- Thread(s): , Why Night Elves look different from Blood Elves, and High Elves. -- Usage of Arcane magic drove the Highborne, Blood Elves, and High Elves from the rest of Night Elven culture. Arcane magic altered their culture and outlooks. High Elves and Blood Elves look differently from Night Elves because they were severed from the Well of Eternity. -- Wiki: ; Section: Foundation of Quel'Thalas. -- Thread: Roleplaying a race that you aren't. -- It takes suspension of disbelief, use of addons, and ingame items to pull something like this off, but it is possible. There's limits, but many options are within reach. -- Thread: Dealing with "bad" RP. -- General consensus is that if you see someone RPing "wrong", -politely- inform them, in whispers, that they may want to rethink how they are RPing. Don't push them, but give them a gentle nudge to these forums or other Lore sites. -- Thread: Dealing with godmoders. -- Much like "bad" rp, you can politely inform them that what they're doing may not be entirely correct. Refer them somewhere that they can use to help themselves out. Or you can simply ignore them if they don't listen to reason. -- Thread: Are Highborne Immortal? -- Highborne, like normal Night Elves, are no longer immortal. They used to be, but were sustained by demons and other unsavory magics instead of being naturally immortal. -- Thread: Roleplaying as a Dragon. -- Roleplaying as a Dragon is a touchy topic. Many will tell you to simply "DIAF". However, it is possible, and can be done. You must to a lot of research and be ready to take a lot of heat. I don't encourage or down it, it's an individual thing. -- Thread: Jul 30
Oct 9 On Sale Now! World of Warcraft: Chronicle I'm sure you've seen this by now, but I wanted to make sure since there is so much juicy info in this first volume to sink your teeth into. ... You can read the full blog post and watch the video with Chris Metzen (among others) talk about it here. For those that have it already, we'd love to hear how you're enjoying it.Nethaera4 Oct 9
8m Cult of the Black Scales [IC] Please see the sign up thread for rules and to sign up. Sign ups are still open for interested parties. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mortre paced in the depths of her caverns. “It just doesn’t make sense.” She grumbled. The contract, the death knight hunt, the stalking. What was going on? The worgen felt like she was missing a piece, a crucial piece, to this puzzle. She had almost worn a path into the stone of the cavern floor. Sterixia entered the cavern. As she did, her form began to shift. It went temporarily incorporeal as she twisted into the form of an elf like creature. Sterixia still hadn’t mastered the ability, as the elf took form it looked like a strange, alien creature. Her skin was leathery and pink, with patches of black silk like scales dotting the surface. Her hair was not hair, yet a long, piece of leathery cartilage that she could somewhat move. Her ears were indented in a way that they almost looked like dragon wings. Off of each corner of her jaw was a small tentacle. Sterixia’s form held no clothing, rather an elegant pattern of black silk scales and membrane. As she came out of the incorporeal state, she smiled at Mortre. Mortre regarded the netherdrake with a slight grin herself. “Getting better. I suppose you may look normal someday.” She chuckled to herself and resumed her pacing. Sterixia sat on a nearby stone and observed. “Sterixia… I just don’t know.” Mortre sighed. “I know someone is out for me… but who. Something seems so familiar, yet so foreign.” She paused and regarded the pondering netherdrake with softened eyes. Sterixia simply shook her head, having no idea herself. The muted woman stood and approached Mortre. She wrapped her arms around the worgen in a hug. Mortre’s face reflected a look of startled amusement, before she ran a clawed hand down Sterixia’s head. “Listen, if anything happens; go to Kersia. I am sure she will keep you safe.” Sterixia pushed away from Mortre and looked at her confused. It was uncharacteristic of her to be so… warm. Whatever had been going on, it bothered the dark woman deeply, and that troubled Sterixia. Mortre was always so confident, so decisive. And here she was. Deeply troubled. Sterixia felt a bubbling worry fill her body. “Well,” Mortre sighed. “You should go get something for food. Try to stay away from settlements okay?” Mortre grinned at her. Sterixia nodded and began to leave the chamber when something struck her. The world around her began to fade to black. She saw chains spring up from the stones, wrapping around Mortre. And then there was only darkness. Mortre watched with horror as something flew from the corner of the cavern and struck Sterixia. “Who’s there!?” she shouted. Chains sprung from the stones, binding her body in place. I don’t understand!? I sensed no one! Has the earth betrayed me!? Mortre looked wildly around the room. Laughter echoed down the tunnels and into the cavern. A figure took form, rising through what looked like liquid stone. He was human in appearance, garbed in what appeared to be formal attire. He didn’t look much older than eighteen, but he appeared sickly and ill. Dark circles could be seen under his eyes. He skin was bronzed in color, and his eyes were golden with elongated pupils. His hair was black and slicked back. He chuckled and shook his head. “Finally found you, after all this time.” His voice was dark and operatic. “Who are you!? What have you done with Sterixia!?” Mortre pulled against the chains, her face contorted into a snarl. He took a few steps towards her. “Oh my, you don’t recognize me? It hasn’t been that long… mother.” Mortre’s eyes grew wide. All the pieces snapped in place. “V-vinarion? You are alive? How?” “Well,” Vinarion walked around her, speaking with a slow and deliberate tone. “After you abandoned us, after father’s death, I took leadership. I lead us all to safety… to livelihood. I created a safe haven! And now… we want you!” A half elf female, garbed in black leather; with the same skin tone, eye color, and hair color as Vinarion, appeared behind Mortre. “Sorry, Mother.” She whispered softly into Mortre’s ear as she stuck a needle into Mortre’s flesh. “Van… exia? You are alive… too?” Mortre felt the world spin around her as she fell to her knees. Vanexia was there, standing above her. Next to her was another high elf, his hair long and loose. He stood with a grin plastered on his face, revealing the jagged teeth that filled his mouth. He leaned against a great scythe as he watched Mortre on the ground. Mortre looked between the three, the borders of her vision blackening. “Vanzer… you too? You all… are-“ The world faded out of view, as Mortre fell into a deep slumber.Mortre142 8m
1h Unrealistic Expectation placed upon RP guild Hello, I am making this thread in order to make a complaint. I am a Hard Core roleplayer because I like to play the game the way it is meant to be played. This means it is important that I always talk in character at all times, and also, I have to act like my character would. When doing raid content, I do not have time to roleplay properly. This means that my guild has been unable to complete Heroic dungeons recently, especially boss fights because when we pause in the fight to talk in character the boss will kill us. I think it is unfair that role playing guilds cannot complete content whilst guilds that do not RP are able to, as these guilds are less committed to the game than we are. Solutions? I would suggest adding a role playing mode to boss fights that has RP breaks, or basically time slots where we can roleplay when we are fighting. This should probably pause everything and we do not need to be able to cast spells, but it would give us time to fight the boss and roleplay at the same time. Regards, Patience. P.S. What do you think about my suggestion?Milktit4 1h
1h Cult of the Black Scales [SignUps Open][OOC] I am unsure what I want to do with this concept. Write a character story or use it as a forum RP. I thought, "Well, might as well see if there is any interest." I wont be starting it until the Vault of the Dead is over with, so there will be some time still depending on how fast we finish the final phase of the thread. I will be a little strict regarding sign ups, due to some chaos that has been happening in other threads lately. I love creativity, so I don't like being strict. But I worry that if I am not, things could get out of hand. Going to post the rules in case they turn people away :S Rules: ~ I enjoy a well written character as much as the next person, and even mounts can be written into characters and their stories... but please. No mounts over characters. If your griffon dive bombs a threat, that is one thing, but they shouldn't be able to count as posts by themselves. Remember, when you do that, it is like slipping in another character without the thread master's permission. Ask first. Please. ~ If I have the bad guys spying on you, you are free to notice being spied on, but don't drop on their space without consulting me in the OOC first. Some mooks? Yeah it would be reasonable to spot/sense/smell them. But I would like to be able to make the call if you actually find and engage. ~ Try to keep the thread paced. If you feel something needs an immediate post, fine; but try to avoid posting after every other person. Give people a chance to get their own interactions in. It shouldn't be YOU ME YOU PERSON YOU FROG YOU DAISY. ~ Proper punctuation and grammar is nice. Doesn't have to be perfect, just readable. ~ Posts should be more than a one liner, that goes without saying here really. Why are you on the forums if you want to do 1 sentence posts? Add some character expressions, thoughts, something. Doesn't have to be a fluff filled book, but have more than one line. ~ Don't stall the thread out. Kersia is cold. She will go one without you and not look back. She doesn't feel the need to baby you, answer your every whim and question. She will get bored and move on. One of her best friends is missing. ~ This thread is meant to have a plot and progression. Side arcs between characters are fine, as long as they don't stall out the thread or begin to derail it. ~ I trust you to write combat fairly. If I feel you are going a little over the top, I with politely let you know if the OOC. Even mooks make hits at times. They are not StormTroopers and you are not Jedi. ~ The biggest of the bad here is mine. I will kill him. I will not write to kill your characters, that will be your own choice. However, there will be spots where you may need to do what Kersia says, or you will fall into a large pool of lava. I would advise listening to Kersia. Or any of my other characters. You don't have to, but Kersia certainly wont be fighting for you to reason with her. She says hop on, you say nope, she says okay then and leaves you to fall to your death. ~ And obviously no overpowered/overbearing characters. Mooks are hack and slash friendly; but I will have named combatants and they will not be. Kill a nameless dragon using physics to behead it? Sure. Kill Vanexia that way? No. ~ No controlling characters that aren't yours. I'll let you know in the OOC if you can free for all a current mass of mooks, I'll typically give names to the bad guys I wish to directly control for combat. But don't assume, with my bad guys, or with the characters of others. ----- Sign Up Form: ----- List of Approved Characters with Links to Their Sign Up: ----- Like I said, this is mostly an interest check. I am one for bending the rules, and am open to suggestions. If you feel like I am being too strict, just say so. If you would be interested, but are worried I may inhibit your character or something because of these rules, let me know. I am actually friendly and easy to get along with, I just don't want my thread to derail or get flooded. I will be having Kersia, Vynianyx, and Sylstyx in the thread mainly. Mortre will be there as well, but wont be with good guys till towards the middle/end. Tolbyas will be entering towards the end. Depending on how the story goes. Xinaria and Etzul could make appearances as well. Sterixia will be tagging along. Kersia and Mortre are the stars of this show though. 15 characters tops, 1 per personMortre178 1h
4h WET Community Lounge 68 Ok, so Imma give this a try, since I capped the last one. Rules are rules. Everyone has to be nice to one another. Previous lounge thread: Archive: Beware of suspicious waffles!Cayssardria500 4h
4h The Deathly Descent (IC) The sun sets on another cold day in Wrathford. The bitter cold only chills deeper with the absence of the sun. What would have been a beautiful full moon is replaced by a gloomy pitch-black sky covered completely with dark clouds, soon to bring a shower of heavy rain and hail. The streets empty quickly as the townsfolk set out to take shelter from the rapidly dropping temperature. In mere minutes of the sky completely darkening from the cloud cover, ice-cold precipitation falls to the cobblestone roads, falling in a constant pitter against the stone. You and the party are hunkered up in a now-crowded tavern, Seeking to escape the cold embrace of the weather outside. Due to the large amount of guests in the tavern, All three of you have been crammed into a booth near the back of the structure. The sound of rain and hail hitting against the roof is prevalent, and slightly more prevalent than what most would consider annoying. (Welcome to The Deathly Descent, My friends)Drargrak7 4h
5h Looking for challenge?? Hello forums, I am recruiting 4 individuals for a crazy experimental rp. I have done this in the past and it has failed, this experiment the final beta. Meaning most of the bugs and kinks that caused our group to fail have been worked out, but we may run into some issues that need resolved. The general idea: we make fresh characters that will be 100 percent IC at all times. We level together IC with no heirlooms. Only the gear we scavenge or make through proffs. The idea is to make a young character, mainly orphans. Venturing out into the world with no skill abilities or knowledge. Just some street smarts and friends at their back. Death is permanent. Meaning when we lose our brother or sister it is forever It will be as realistic as possible. We will need to carry food, water, bandages. We will not stand on any crutches we are self sufficient. We will spend time in town to resupply. Beg if need be. And bond. We will make the party comp as such that we can rp dungeons. Now the goal here is not to hit max level. The goal is a week we play together, and create some powerful 3d characters with a lot of history together through real stories. There will also be dungeon mastered end events ((possibly depending on group)). We live together, die together. Some key notes I want realism to be at the forefront, I want you to carry 2 or 3 meals and water. If you don't have it, you rp the consequences. This is going to require skill and a willingness to not be perfect. In the interest of realism I want to make sure all our characters are believed. No Mary sues, no special powers. No extensive training. Having some martial abilities or magic training is fine, but these are apprentices and initiates, not murder hobo war gods. I want real emotions. I want love triangles and flaws. I want people to have arguments, differences to overcome. I want it to feel like us 5 are in the forest all alone. And someone is ignoring us because we didn't want to go in a cave. Meanwhile passive agressive comments and one liners fly. Maybe someone tries to be a diplomat. Who knows? That is the fun. It doesn't have to be orphans either, there a few other ideas that sometimes worl, such as 5 new pandaran fresh from the isle exploring the world. Or five paladins or knights doing their final training together. Once I have my 4 recruits we will hammer out details of when and what we want to do. Please post below if you are interested. Once we have our 4 we will find a way to communicate. Also feel free to drop questions. I'm always happy to answer. Last notes: I am not asking for rp gods, do not think this is an elitist snob fest. If you can make a believable character and are interested don't be afraid to apply There will be add ons required. While we are leveling together, I do expect that sometimes we branch into small groups during the week. Just like in a group of friends one or two might break from the main group just to talk. Also I typed this on my phone. Please do not think this reflects my abilities to type or form a sentenceTuiie5 5h
6h From the Ashes, Civilization RP Sign-ups(OOC) From The Ashes is a bit of a spiritual successor to the last Civilization Roleplay some of us were doing on the forums(Wasteland). However, these sign ups are open for everyone. We need you, World's End Tavern, to join us on this endeavor once more. Don't worry if you've never been a part of a Civilization scenario before, it's pretty easy to get the hang of and incredibly fun. You just may need to digest a bit of information before we delve deep into Azeroth. Firstly, the scenario. What exactly are we going to be doing? Well, it's been 175 years since the Legion Invaded Azeroth. So horrid was this course of action and its following that it left Azeroth crippled. Factions dissolved and as such there is nothing really left of the prior world but memories and relics of ages past. What sort of civilizations may have risen out of the rubble in that time-frame? It's up to you to create your own and find out. And Although I'll give an explanation below, you could also check out Meep's, it's quite detailed and will give you all the information you need to know as we will be following a similar format manner. In fact if you read that, aside from the scenario you should be quite ready to create your own based on the template I'll provide, likely in another post. (And if you were in the last thread, you can just skip all this. You pretty much know the rules already.), There's the link to the last threads OOC. Also might be a good idea to check that out, see what people thought up last time, might give you some inspiration!Pärker46 6h
7h Questions about Roleplaying I want to start RPing. But I have a few questions before I do: 1. I want to roleplay as a Tauren Hunter and join a tribe. Which server would I find these on? (I want to stay on Emerald Dream if I can, but I'll switch if that's going to be impossible) 2. If I do join a tribe (or RP guild in general), what is the age group of the people I will meet? Reason I ask this is because I get along better with people around my age, which is 20. 3. IRL I am introverted and have no charisma, will I still be able to roleplay as a charismatic tauren? Similar to Lasan Skyhorn for example. 4. I'm low key afraid of my friends finding out that I RP or want to RP, they won't let me live it down. How do I find RP guilds without them knowing? I'll update this if I have any more questions I forgot, but any help is appreciated.Xironn12 7h
9h From The Ashes Civilization(IC) 175 years ago our world was plunged into chaos by the burning legion. They brought with them a fury and destruction unlike any other Azeroth had faced in recent times. Our world was wracked with pain and loss as countless died. However, we managed to survive, though our world was forever shattered and broken. Many years have passed and you or your ancestors were those that persevered. The world as we had known it may be long gone a blip on the history of Azeroth, but its peoples still stand strong. Now. once more civilizations are cropping up and lending themselves to the cause. That cause? To build a new world and with it usher in an era of peace or destruction. The choices are yours. This world is what you make of it and with that you will reap what you sow. (Felt wrong to not post, well anything. Have at it y'all. Sign-ups and OOC thread are here :ärker6 9h
13h What does your character sound like? Simple enough, what does your character sound like?Akemitis27 13h
14h Drinks of Jade <Preview> Taking place three weeks after the Horde and Alliance landing on Pandaria. The setting takes place in a tavern run by Shan-Po near/in (undecided) the Jade Palace. It involves the local pandaren and how they view the arrival of the Horde & Alliance along with the war they bring to the normally peaceful land. <Characters> Shan-Po: A proud patriotic pandaren who runs the tavern, and believes that the Horde and Alliance are bad for the people of Pandaria Bo Chang: A scroll master and storyteller who is excited to uncover the unknown beyond her homeland. Fa Khan: An old nearly retired farmer who believes that the Horde and Alliance have the potiental to bring good fortune to the citizen of the Valley of the Four Winds Ling Fu: A neutral cloud serpent rider who is uncertain about the arrival of the Horde and Alliance, but is willing to see what potential they have.Genrazy4 14h
18h Natures Antidote Ooc sign ups Dawnflower Apothacaries Tandrina watched with a frown on her face as Dr. Suntriker was examining her bedridden father Seirus who was clutching his chest on top of tossing and turning. "Just as I feared" Kalithos said looking to the she elf a look of concern on his face "By these symptoms and the tests I ran,your father was definitely poisoned with a powerful toxin, could you tell me what happened before you found him?" She gave a nod taking a moment to wipe the tears from her eyes with a piece of cloth " Papa had just returned to our store through a portal from teaching his potion's class at the Dalaran Academy when a customer had come by with a box containing tea leaves." "She said it was a gift of gratitude for one of the potions we sold the other day and shortly after closing shop he decided to make a pot of tea for us. That was when I heard the crash upstairs and found him on the floor clutching his chest and sweating profusely. I grabbed his scrying orb and called you as fast as I could hoping you'd be able to be of help." Tandrina's eyes welled up once more before Kalithos put a reassuring hand on her shoulder "You did the right thing Tandy,I'll do everything I can to sustain your father's life though I have a small task I need you to do since I can't leave your dad's side." He pulled out a small parchment with a drawing and research scribbled on the bottom. "When you described your father's symptoms it reminded me of an old case file I read so I figured this would be of help. There's supposed to be a cavern in scholozar basin that contains a spring. In that spring is said to grow a rare set of saplings known to combat deadly poisons and devastating ailments." " I won't have you going alone however seeing as your father's assailant is still out there on the loose and something tells me they may have been a hired gun. Not to mention the beasts that reside in those jungles are quite dangerous even for a magic user such as yourself so I'll write a missive on your behalf." Tandrina gave a nod and hugged the good doctor before making her way to her room "Thank you doctor,take good care of papa I'll get packing right away!" With that, Kalithos pulled out a parchment and quill and began to write the missive : To whoever finds this letter, My name is Dr. Kalithos Sunstriker and I'm writing on behalf on a young mage in training by the name of Tandrina Dawnflower. Her father, Proffessor Seirus Dawnflower has fallen bedridden to a powerful poison distributed by an unknown assassin and I ask that you aid his daughter on her mission as I fear she may be next to fall victim to these scoundrels in some small way and possibly to the unpredictable fauna of Scholozar Basin's jungles. Tandrina is Seirus' only daughter and soul heir to his legacy and Seirus is her only surviving blood relative so I implore you please help this family and keep Tandrina safe on her journey. Welcome ladies and gentlemen to Nature's Aantidote an adventure themed RP thread starring my Mage Tandrina Dawnflower. Aside from a few friends who reserved a slot I'll be starting out with a sign up sheet of 6 available slots and will possibly add a couple more if it doesn't prove to be too much and I am looking for a volunteer to be the main villain who hired the assassin in question just be sure to add a motive to why they'd want Seirus out of the picture. I have a few rules I'd like to lay down before I put up the bracket. 1. No God Moding/Mary Sue characters,if the crisis were averted in one go that just wouldn't be very fair or fun now,would it? 2. Keep consistent posts should you sign up I'm pretty lenient on post time,though should something come up IRL,lemme know and within a certain time window, I'll have your character follow their respective group. 3. Plot twists will occur from time to time so try not to jump the gun too quickly so as to keep the story on track! 4. Have fun! Sign up bracket will be nextKalithos77 18h
18h Death Knights and Runeblades? Hey everyone. Friendly neighborhood speculator here with a question or two about Death Knights and Frostmourne. Now, Frostmourne had the ability to devour souls and held great power, filling the user with the whispers of the victims of the blade. With that being said I have to wonder if it would be possible for a player Death Knight to craft a weapon similar? Now, obviously I don't mean a reforged Frostmourne or Shadowmourne, but a runeweapon forged for the Death Knight that devours the souls of their enemies and strengthens the blade and the Knight wielding it?Maimfury3 18h
19h Character Help Hello everyone! I didn't see a topic like this around so I thought I might fire one up for the role players of WoW. You know, we love the characters that we make. We are writers in a very unique way, and sometimes the background, the core concept of a character can escape us until we can get someone to sound off on. That is the purpose of this thread. A place to put your blossoming character and ask for help to brainstorm something that, even if it turns out cliche, is well written and believable. To that end, I will start. My current character is Lizza Stonewrench, goblin warlock. I'm drawing a blank on a personality and backstory for her. So, if there are any goblin role players who can offer tips, any warlock rpers as well I would welcome some ideas to get a profile together.Stonewrench2 19h
22h Nature's Antidote ( IC Closed) Tandrina had finished packing a small bag containing needed essentials and a small herb bag for the sapling she was going for. She placed on her hooded coat over her tunic and leggings in the event of cold weather along the way. Papa, you're in good hands under Dr. Sunstriker's care just keep fighting until I can come back to you with this antidote,and if lucky we can find the person responsible. She closed the bag and draped it over her shoulders and walked up to Kalithos,who had just sedated Seirus after another fitful episode. "I'm ready,please stay safe and take good care of papa." Tandrina said with a weak smile doing her best to keep a brave front. Kalithos gave a reassuring smile and a nod before his expression became serious "You have my word Tandy,those who may have enlisted in aiding you on your journey were instructed to meet you by the local flightmaster. You can either fly straight from Dalaran,or you can make your way towards Un'goro crater where a portway leading towards scholozar basin awaits. Both paths may be riddled with danger so be on your guard." Tandrina closed her eyes as a small aura of frost surrounded her and caused a creature of pure water to appear. "I promise doctor,Jarvis will keep me safe until I come across my escorts,I cant thank you enough for what you did." With that,the young mage bowed and made her way towards the rendevous point followed by her elemental bodyguard.Kalithos104 22h
23h Coldwater Trading Company (Open RP) I've been itching for some light RP on my downtime and it's been a while since I've seen an open RP thread here, so I thought I'd whip something up and see what happens. Plus the idea of a sort of general store seemed interesting, and I could always use some practice writing. Feel free to RP the shopkeeper NPCs as needed. I chose kaldorei because it seemed like a good fit for the shop's flavor, but that doesn't mean there aren't other employees lurking about. --------------------------------------- Tucked away in a little hole-in-the-wall on one of Dalaran's side streets is a cozy little shop. The weathered sign hanging out front reads "Coldwater Trading Company", depicting a beautifully carved, if simple, depiction of a salmon swimming upstream. The exterior is a bit plain, but well-maintained, and the warm light shining from the windows welcomes patrons of all kinds to the wonders within. Inside, the shop boasts a warm interior, the smell of food mixing with the scents of leather and other things. Overall, it seems to be divided into two halves. On the right are racks and tables full of knick-knacks and curios from across the Broken Isles: carvings from the Highmountain tribes, seeds and dried herbs from the druids of Val'sharah, and various other interesting goods and wares. A female kaldorei patiently waits behind a dry goods counter here, making note of stock in a small ledger and occasionally rearranging the knick-knacks as she sees fit. On the left is the tavern side--a male kaldorei tending the bar. A few tables and chairs can be found here, sturdily built to accommodate the large races as well as the small. Along the back wall is the bar, hosting several shelves of various beverages as well as the door leading back to a small kitchen area. Various hunting trophies and tapestries depicting pastoral scenes decorate the walls, while a stone fireplace completes the scene. Seated at one of the tables were two patrons. One was a short, lightly built female human, sporting shoulder-length dark blond hair and dressed in simple linen pants and a blue plaid shirt. Seated to her right was a male human death knight, his hulking armored frame standing in stark contrast to his companion's. Four long claw marks scarred the left side of his ashen face, with a shaggy mane of dark blond hair tied back in a hasty ponytail. Though his armor bore many scuffs and scratches from past battles, the massive runeblade sheathed on his back and Alliance tabard covering his breastplate seemed to be much newer. All was quiet for now--the female human scribbling away in a sketchbook with a small array of pencils laid out before her, with the deathknight watching over her shoulder with interest.Morician70 23h
1d Druid RP question? Is it possible for a druid in the Cenarion Circle to lose faith in giving Azeroth back life? Like, after the events of the Broken Isles, and the Horde and Alliance still having their faction dispute, is it possible for them to feel like it's not worth protecting anymore, because anything they do end up healing gets destroyed again? And where would the Cenarion Circle be now, in Broken Isles? It appears that the Guardians of Hyjal are more seen? (When you do work orders, the flag signalling that your troop is done is the Guardians of Hyjal flag, NOT the Cenarion Circle.) So, are more druids in that faction, or is Cenarion Circle just on the back burner for now?Shabbsie2 1d
1d Hallow's End Party! (Open RP) Banshees are wailing as the night claims the sun, the dead are waking, let's party and have fun! Dress up for the occasion, don't be shy! It's not a situation where you live or die. The Dalaran coffee shop is where it's at, come at night on a fel-born bat. Eat some candy apples, have some punch, we have all sorts of goodies for you to munch! All are welcome to the party bash, just come in a costume and have a blast!Silvanni11 1d
1d Need a little help with mage RP Hey guys, I have a question regarding my mage rp story I am coming up with. I have him as a High Elven sorcerer who in the past became a guardian of Tirisfal, (there is alot more to his story but my question is only with this aspect) and after his century of service was done, he gave up the mantle of guardianship to another. He still retains the wisdom and knowledge of a guardian, but not the sheer power. Do you fellow mage rpers think this is okay to roleplay or does this go into the territory of too powerful, "Mary Sue", or uncreative? Any thoughts and suggestions are welcomed ;)Sylende24 1d
1d Cross-Race relationships? I remember there was a human woman that married a male gnome. So I'm wondering, what other relationships could there be like that out there? Like, Night Elf-Dwarf, Gnome-Goblin, Human-Dwarf, and junk like that.Akemitis10 1d
1d Hallow's End Fashion Battle Reminder! Fashion Battles™ is an occurring server wide event with many amazing Guild sponsors and volunteers! [Fashion Crafters] lead by Stealthstar, has done well to assure that the Realms : Silverhand, Farstriders and Throiumbrotherhood always have a good runway battle. (Outside Realms also welcome!) There will be a premade group on LFG titled " FB : Hallow's End", feel free to sign up there is no charge! Just bring a great attitude! ---------------------------------------------------------------------- When is the Show? October 30th (Sunday). What time is the Show? 7:00pm(Realm Time). (7 pm -PT, 8pm-MT , 9pm -CT , 10pm-ET) Where is the Show? Brill Graveyard, Tirisfal Glades. What is the theme of the Show? Hallow's End (Costumes)! ----------------------------------------------------------------------Namine0 1d
2d How can Dwarves fight if they're so short. I love my Dwarf shaman, I've been a enhancement shaman since cata. Recently I've been thinking how can the shorter races Dwarves, Gnomes and Goblins fight one on one with the bigger races like Orc's, Draenei, Tauren and Humans. I would imagine that the other races would just knock over or punt away the shorter ones, it's been bugging me so much I've been thinking to race switching to a Draenei for my shaman. I was hoping you lovely people could help clear this up for me. I'm sorry ahead of time if this is the wrong forum to post on, I wasn't sure where to post this thread.Tolir63 2d
2d OOC: The Deathly Descent (Closed) Welcome to the OOC thread for my upcoming forum roleplay "The Deathly Descent". On this thread we will discuss Sign ups, Both before and after the roleplay begins, OOC chat about the roleplay and other miscellaneous discussion. On this thread, I will state the rules of the roleplay and some of the basic plot. I will use this thread as a tool to communicate to the roleplayers in The Deathly Descent and those who wish to join them. For further inquiries, Contact me via Bnet: (Cryptwalker#11813) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hello all! I am very excited to present you all with a new opportunity to tell with me a story of war, adventure, and so much more. Through this roleplay we will develop characters and hopefully have a good time doing it. I have done hours of preparation and I assure you that I will not let you down. Basic info: The setting is in winter. A kingdom in Northrend that suffers from unknown causes, and needs it's king more than ever, But for unknown reasons he is unable to be found. For your character's own reasons, They have chose to undergo the task of locating the monarch, but the risk is great. For the winter in Northrend is known to not only be dark and cold, But for darker beings to lurk among those who dare traverse in these cold times. This is a roleplay that will involve a good amount of combat and travel. I intend to give each roleplayer and character a chance to shine greatly and to allow their true colors to shine through. This is intended for both a fun and cohesive storytelling experience. In the next two posts, I will post the rules and the sign up sheet. I look forward to a great roleplay!Drargrak37 2d
2d Dread Return of Darak(IC) Marttius stood holding a neckless, an old trinket of the past, putting it away he looked over to see the the scourge forces amassing a small horde of undead, "Hope i can find you and end this before everything gets worse." said the paladin. he then turned and looked over lights trust, "this place maybe weak and defenseless but we are not here to hold out! we are here to End this madness." said again to himself. As he looked over lights trust, workers make tents and small fortifications to help themselves stay alive should the undead strike too early, even now Adventurers and other factions of people arrive, mostly small numbers but should be close to enough to finish it here. Marttius walked to the center of the new lights trust base. seeing that the base is now in good numbers of support. "we can strike soon if this works out.." muttered to himself.Marttius239 2d
3d [RP] Shattered Memories This is hopefully a set of stories I'll be working on, alongside just a test for various styles of writing. Please leave any note for things to improve on, and things I could possibly do to make the story more interesting. Thank you in advance, and enjoy! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Isolation does a number to someone, but he understood why he couldn’t leave. He was too dangerous; but the lack of explanations hurt none the less. The walls began to speak and his head spin as time ticked on, alone, and left with his own shattered thoughts. Thoughts shattered by the cruel mistress of death, who tempted him, but never let him stay. Of course this was his fault, a phylactery wasn’t exactly something you’d want if death was appealing. The lines connected there, but the rest were just night terrors, too real to be brushed off. Faces that he knew from somewhere, each with it’s own, fragment. As he sit in deep thought, trying to shake them away, he can’t help but he propelled to the past, to a place he’d barely recognize, as a man he refused to accept was himself. Though with little control the lich’s consciousness was thrust to his past, and for a moment all he saw was white. He awakes, his eyes locked with the sky, as he found himself in a set of old ruins, he’d look to a worgen at his side, she smiled, clearly pleased with what they had done, and as he glared around at the wandering spirits that surrounded them he understood what just happened. Though before he could speak he is thrown forward, the forest around them shifting to somewhere after their return. The blur and haze was only ever broken by a few faces, which he’d center onto before being forced to focus on the next. Those that stuck out were those he thought he’d known, but none range a bell. Though suddenly he found himself watching all of them at a table, a human with his short blonde hair, and a what he assumed another man with a glowing green bag around his head spoke, a short kaldorei to the bagged man’s side. They spoke in gibberish to his ears, but they seemed important, their words of those who held sway. Though as he tuned in and tried to look closer, he suddenly was forced to turn, but before anything could register, the light from the sun blinded him, white all he could see. Suddenly he shook to awareness, his arm resting on a box as he leaned, facing an overlook where people spoke, it was none of his business. Though as a man broke off and turned to walk away from the group. As he looked he noted the man adorned in white cloth, his worn face showed age, but the spirit of the man was as young as any other. He strided before he waved to Hanollin, and the person he know noticed was next to him. A young lady with, rather little armor on, he human features complimented by her golden locks, she was likely considered beautiful by others, but that mattered not to him. As the group came together, the three seemed glad to be together, their faces friendly, but again just outside what he knew. Though as the glee seemed to speed past him, events blurry after those moments of focus, he looked up at the stone, before the shadows took his gaze, and he met only darkness this time. This time he awoke in a tomb, staring up at the ceiling, which was soon blocked out by the face of a human woman, black hair falling over her face as she looked down at him. She stood back, removing her hand from his armor, and helping him to his feet. As he glanced around, faces and shapes of allies blurred once more, but as they shifted, he noted another few faces. A Kaldorei adorned in purple armor, close the the woman who he’d seen earlier, along with that, a paladin caught his gaze, his black hair just sneaking out of the helmet we wore, the radiant holy energy blinding. As he looked away, he found the blurry scene not fit for his weak mind, the memory not strong enough to recall others. Though as the shadows of the crypt crept to through his mind, he looked up at the ceiling, and once again the mind taken over by shadows, darkness. He came about to find low light covering his vision, and opened his eyes to a dim room, the only one inside was a woman hiding, though not hostile towards him. What features he saw were only matched by the fire, the orange hair the covered her head, and the bright, almost pale skin tone that shifted throughout the room. He quickly turned, to what he assumed was a guard post. The stone floor outside the building char marked, and his armor burned. He took a few steps out as he heard voices, before silence was brought by a gunshot. Suddenly he was thrust forward into the scene, turning to corner, a boy with short black hair on the floor, and a man, bald, armored, gun in hand. Without a moment's pause he charged the man and was thrust into battle.Hanollin1 3d
3d Shammy rp help So I made this character for fun to try out shaman (recommend it BTW) but I have no idea how to shaman rp. They seem so rare even that I haven't seen many in popular places. Any tips or tricks I'd really appreciate <3Lisalah1 3d
3d Roleplaying as your Opposite I'm a very introverted, socially-awkward person who tends to play more introverted, socially awkward characters. I tried my hand at playing Faellum (who I've only ever drawn and written stuff for), who has a charismatic air and carries herself almost like a hostess. An all-around charmer who uses that as a weapon on the job. Needless say, I utterly failed when I tried to RP as her. My friend told me to step into the character's shoes, but how can I? She's basically my opposite.Faellum5 3d
3d New to RP - Does this make sense? With all the hype and good reviews coming out about Legion, I thought I'd come back to WoW and pick up on a few places where I left off. Keep in mind, I've never looked into the lore of things, and I've never had a character above level 80 before today, so I apologize if this doesn't make any sense. After looking over each class hall, I was a bit disappointed in the Warriors. It didn't seem to fit my idea of the class. I decided to look into this "Odyn" guy and learn a bit more, and how it might pertain to my race/class combo. Long story short, would it make sense for my Undead Warrior to be a "Vrykul", but more specifically, a "Ymijar"? I'm just trying to make sense of, and create a connection, between my Undead Warrior and the new class hall. Thanks.Bury7 3d
4d Reason for Transmog? This topic is simple: Why are you transmogged the way you are? My Orc, Man'kreen, is a Peon by day, but by night he becomes Man'kreen, Protector of Peons! He's also an adventurer, and I thought this would help him look the part.Peonon28 4d
4d The Deathly Descent (Teaser Short-Story) Chilling winds blew through the now-thinning streets. Merchants, guard and civilian alike ducked into the nearest form of structure they could find, hoping to escape the freezing cold in whichever way they could. While it was certainly not unusual for temperature to drop ridiculously low in Northrend, especially at night, This was no ordinary cold. It is said to have both the capacity to chill the flesh and soul alike. Any man who dared to face the cold in this region of the icy continent was as foolish as one could be. The city of Wrathford was not a simple city, But an intricately designed metropolis of two connected cities united under a single name, And a single ruler. This ruler accumulates enough wealth from the copious trade his city's port accumulates that he names himself as a king. This "King" holds not only a desirable trading post, But also a greatly coveted strategic military location. It's position allows many ships to dock, unload, and the like in large numbers in quick succession. The fact that city also lies at a vital location in Howling Fjord makes it even more easy to defend against whoever dare attempt to sack the city. Wrathford and it's ruler are truly a valuable asset to whoever, or whatever, they decide to ally themselves with. Wrathford's ruler, however, has been missing, and without his influence, his council has done a poor job of maintaining trade. The reports of "Questionable" activity in the local area and the return of the Legion will all soon spell the end of the great trading port unless a figure of authority can be restored, Soon. The cold winds of Northrend blow only more colder, and it's dark winter skies only further black out the light during these dark times.Drargrak0 4d
4d Character Vingettes Write a short character vignette illustrating as much about a character of yours as you can in as short a piece of fiction as you can manage. No real rules, just a tiny story about your character is fine, a poem, a news story, whatever you like. Creativity is encouraged. The goal is to say something about the character. Give it a try. -------------------------------------------- The orphans huddled beneath and around the table in the corner of the room, dirty faces cold with fury and tears. Some clutched arms and shoulders, cheeks and sides where blood snuck between fingers and into patchwork clothes. Their matron lay twisted on the floorboards, crumpled down into her dress. A dark stain flowered out through her brown hair and spread beneath a motionless tanned cheek. The two muscle-slabbed oarsmen standing over her turned at the sound of the door closing. Dockside light touched the edges around the door and a dark figure stood nearly the height of the room itself. A shadow with a shadow that shifted behind him, its dark shoulders soundlessly shaking as if in maniacal laughter while the figure itself stood stock still. “You best leave off fella. Sully the Blade wants some snatchers an dats what ‘es gonna get.” One of the toughs pointed his cudgel at the figure. Its blunt tip still dripping with the matron’s last moments. Something shifted in the darkness, the heavy sound of metal plates. Eyes opened and their blue gleam shone as cold as the depth of the frozen sea. In that light no living thing lived long and something hungry stirred at its core. The figure’s voice vibrated like a struck blade and under it thrummed the sound of continents moving beneath waves, devoid of sympathy or warmth, deeply inhuman. “Would you like to be forgiven?” The two rousts looked at each other as the orphans crawled from their shelter knowingly. “Criminals and wrongdoers always want to be forgiven in the end.” Said the figure as runes scratched themselves into life slowly filling with glowing light horrible to the eyes, a thick light that poured out from the marks across the broad blade the figure held. One by one they awoke along the length of the ancient sword. The two faced the figure more fully raising fists and the tainted cudgel, lips curling back from crooked teeth. “But it is not I who can forgive you.” A host of cracks and pops sounded close by and then the whisper of fabric, a sweet scent tipping over into the flower of decay moved past them like a sigh. “You must ask her.” The two looked at each other again and then quickly glanced behind. The matron stood there shaking as if with a fury indescribable. Her fingers had split and claws arced out slicing rents in her dress with each spastic jerk. Her eyes burned with a blue incandescence that seeped out onto smooth skin like vaporous tears. Pale lips moved like a prayer and the stain that colored fully half her misshapen head plastered once lovely hair across a cheek. She moved like an animal suddenly uncaged and deep screams rose to fill the low rafters. The orphans looked on unflinching. They were familiar with the Shadow of Old Town. They had seen his work before. The figure breathed in the scent of blood and terror. Metal plates moved against each other. The sword hissed as if fresh from the forge and in the hissing a hint of language, words dark and buried in the weave of its awful steel. “Where might a wren rest but in the nest of its making. Where can you tread but the painful streets you have cut and paved. Welcome gentlemen. Welcome, to the evil you have wrought.” His laugh had no mirth and even those hard-eyed orphans closed ranks as the shadow lifted his whispering blade.Anthaniel0 4d
4d Thief rp etiquette advice What is the best way to rp pick pocketing and confrontation with guards specifically?Amelly9 4d
4d About warlock summoning I once ran into a debate while roleplaying. I roleplayed as myself summoning an infernal within the span of a few seconds, equivalent to how the summon infernal spell is coded and balanced in-game. One of the people said that summoning an infernal should take a day or two, and I didn't say anything in response as I had to go to bed and I logged off within a minute or so. The part I didn't tell her, or anyone else involved, was that my warlock is a demo spec warlock, meaning she's not as proficient in shadow (affliction) nor fire (destro), but she does know a few utility spells such as fear, drain life, healthstone, and water breathing. Anyways, it is acceptable for a regular warlock to summon a somewhat powerful demon within the span of a few seconds as I described above?Ilithyll5 4d
4d LF new realm (Maybe) Long story short, I may be interested in looking int other Realms. All I want is Good RP, and a good friendly PvE community as well. And Suggestions?Kogull2 4d
4d [RP] Why do I try? (I didn't proofread this...) The door slammed shut, the quickened breathing of a distressed mage filled the room, the dark empty room. The daunting silence that greeted him when he arrived home, the dust covered tables, the unused books. The boy pressed his back against the door, sliding down to sit on the floor. Arkeas looked up at ceiling in the dark, letting the back of his head rest against the wooden door behind him, "what are we going to do." The boy asked aloud, his voice breaking the palpable silence. "I can't lose these people." The young mage muttered beneath his breath, "I can't be alone again." The young mage pulled his legs up close and hugged them, "I don't want to be alone anymore." Arkeas whispered to himself, the young boy tensed clutched his chest slightly, "why does it hurt. Why does it always hurt like this." The boy whispered, his hands trembling and breathing slowly becoming ragged. "Luna, Tavi, Kel" Arkeas whispered, the boy thinking about the different interactions with them, the long amounts of time spent working with Luna, the arguing with Tavi as if she were a sister. Kel actually being worried about him even risking her life to help him when everyone else went ahead. Arkeas let out a choked breath, clenching his teeth as tears forced their way out, leaving wet streaks down his face, "I can't lose these people." "I don't have to pretend with them." The boy whispered to himself, again letting out a soft sob his shoulders shaking with each breath, "I've worked so hard to get somewhere with them." "I can't lose this. I can't be all alone again." Arkeas muttered as he looked around his empty house, "maybe I would be better off gone. It isn't like anyone would miss me." The boy choked out. "I keep trying to help." The boy exclaimed his voice cracking with emotion, "I risk my life to help them and they lose someone." Arkeas muttered, "I help with what people need and they don't think I'm worthy, that I'm not good enough." "I try to help and make things worse." Arkeas said as he clenched his hands, trying to stop his body from trembling, barely able to hold himself from breaking down completely, "who am I to think I am unique. What am I worth." "What can a boy do to help anyone." Arkeas whispered as he drew his legs up and wrapped his arms around them, "Maybe I am better off alone."Arkeas0 4d
5d Dread Return of Darak. (sign up rp) a paladin, dressed and announcing that he/she is from the argent crusade, hands you a flyer that is long written and well preaching, seems to be involving the scourge once more but involves a certain death knight. "Adventurer, hero, mercenary. i care not for what you are, but we of the Argent crusade require aid against the scourge, but alas we are fighting a certain scourge lord to end his reign, so that everyone may sleep easier tonight, we will discuss who he is when you arrive Sir or Madam. but all you need to know is we are paying well, our base of operations is at Dragon blight, we are using our old base called "Lights Trust". the pay is heavy, but should you refuse the payment we will find other means to commendate you for you're time, Report to Marttius for more information P.s. tell the flight master lights trust and he will give you a discount." the paladin that handed you the flyer stops paying attention to who ever he/she handed it too and starts moving towards the next person. ______________________________ This is a rp involving Daraks return but not as expected, so put down your name, class is optional and a brief description. and no its not gonna be that quick. also welcome to Daraks dread return, it is mostly about Daraks return but as of what is the question, Darak may appear to be almost easily beaten at first but darak has a special surprise for those invading his new fortress.Dârak146 5d
5d The Worst RP Idea You've Ever Run Into... That was done really well. There are certain taboos in role play, for good reason, as often a lot of the concepts that we despise we despise primarily because they are done poorly and or are associated with bad RP in general, and while this has some merit it to, a lot of merit to it actually, once in a blue moon I've run into people Rping insane utterly obnoxious ideas...not just well, but EXTREMELY well. By all standards it shouldn't have worked, the characters should have been unlikable, exasperating, lore destroyers, god moders, or Mary Sues, but they weren't. In fact they where some of the best RPers I had ever run into. For example I once encountered a person RPing as one of the Doctor's (from Doctor Who) companion, stranded in Azeroth by freak accident and trying to make her way in this strange world while searching for way back home, or a way to reach The Doctor. Sounds terrible right? Wrong, boundaries you might expect to come up, came up. The Companion couldn't speak Common or any other language and when I encountered her was just barely getting the basics down, the RPer had also rolled a Warrior but was at first hopelessly incompetent at fighting and learned it slowly. Also the fact that she was a former Doctor Who companion was slowly unveiled through hints and even reveals, she thought her story was insane and that she would be endanger of being thrown in the nut house if she went around telling everyone about, so she played it close to the vest,. The character was likable and nice, but had clear flaws and faults and vices, like a real person, if one with an eccentric backstory. It was a surreal experience knowing that RPer and playing with them for time to time and I know I can't be the only person that's encountered these types of Players, with insane ideas that they make work. So I ask you: What was the worst RP idea you've ever run into...that was done right, amazingly even?Alyane15 5d
5d Dull Sheen (Story) I have lived in this city for my entire life. When I fought with Thrall and erected the first building with the rest of the Horde, how the sun stung my wounds and the sand filled my pores... I knew it would be a hard life. But my brothers, my sisters. This patch of land where nothing lived, pure and barren, this is where our home would be. Sehen was summoned back to Orgrimmar as soon as the Warchief had died. The Legion had come to Azeroth, and what was a few months of relaxation from conflict on Draenor was soon dashed into dust. On the zeppelin from Thunder Bluff, he allowed himself to survey the damage left by the most recent invasion into his world. The Barrens, destroyed first by Deathwing, charred with the remains of demons and soldiers alike. The stench of tainted, burning flesh rose up higher than the clouds, but it did not force him into the more protected areas of the vessel. He needed to see this, to see all of it. For however destroyed it was, it was still Azeroth, and in the next coming months or years, there might not be an Azeroth to come back to. This late in the summer, the heat of the Barrens still stung at his dusky, green skin. When Thrall had decided to build Orgrimmar in the middle of a desert he had his reservations, but in the years that followed he had learned to call the city his home. Durotar was hot, oppressively so. Like the elements were testing the citizens of Orgrimmar, like it wanted the sun to boil out the weak. It never rained in Orgrimmar, and if it did it was meager and pathetic. Even with the coaxing of shamans and spirits, the rain would never come. The city itself was a monument to the Horde's pride, it's hubris. How exiles and aliens could make a home in a land nobody wanted and survive. No, not survive, but flourish, and become one of Azeroth's most feared and respected centers of power. Sehen was there during the Siege of Orgrimmar, where many of his brothers and sisters had died in the name of a crazed fool. And now, he was here to greet another invader, another strange entity that threatened his people. Who the invaders were did not matter, for it did not matter if it were the Elements themselves who wished to destroy the Horde; there would always be someone who wished to break what they had created. That is how it always was, and how it always would be. Another army, another race, another faction. They had all come to destroy the Horde, to kill it's peoples, to wipe the monsters from the desert below. But the Horde always endured. The Orc woke from his daydream when he heard shouting. Immediately he jumped to his feet and drew his blades, but when he scanned the deck of the zeppelin, he saw no demons or attackers... just people staring up at the sky. And it was not just shouting, but laughing. Sounds of joy, wonder. Not the things he expected during an invasion. Below decks he heard people rushing up the stairs, clamoring to the edges of the zeppelin to hold their hands out to the air, along with an irate captain shouting over the bustle. A rumble shook through the sky and Sehen felt a cool, soothing gust fill through his clothing. "Rain!" an Orc cried out, holding his body out to the air to let the wind hit him full on. The rest of the passengers were filled with laughter and disbelief, and for those few moments Sehen could feel the horror of the Legion lift from their souls. He looked over the edge of the vessel into the rest of the city, where the heavy storm sent knee-height rivers of rushing water through the streets, where the Drag's massive cloth shades hung with the weight of water. But he also saw citizens staring up into the sky, children of the Horde playing in puddles, taking advantage of the strange miracle. People rushing into their homes and out of it, letting the rain wash the heat and sweat from their bodies. Buildings that had stood since the time of Thrall were shredded of their years-long layers of dirt and sun, lines of liquid dust running off the edges. The iron structures of Garrosh's time shimmering with a dull sheen in the fading sunlight. The zeppelin slid to a halt near the tower platform, and the passengers rushed off into the city to fulfill their duties, but Sehen stayed. He stepped carefully on the wooden planks of the tower and looked up into the blotted-out sky. Over the horizon, far in the distance to Azshara was one of the many Legion ships, under which spewed demons and monstrosities the world had never seen, and the brave warriors who fought them. He closed his eyes to the fear, and felt the wind fall over his shoulders, the downpour crashing over his head and washing away the dirt from his journey to Orgrimmar. His clothing felt soggy, soaked, but soothing. For the first time in years, he felt calm. So he walked down the stairs of the tower, away from the rain, boots filled with water, stepping through the exit and—with a heavy breath—back into the storm.Sehen5 5d
5d Do You Trust The New Lich King? OOCly, when I started playing Legion on my little DK here, I did NOT expect the frozen Fire new Lich King dude Bolvar to be the FIRST voice I hear in introduction to the DK Order Hall. 8-| I have mixed feelings about it, and so does my Vixtin Rotgame ICly. While it seems so far (and mind you, I didn't get very far yet), it seems like his main goal is to take out the Legion like everyone else by what means he and his Scourge Army have. Any self-respecting WoW player would be VERY aware of the Lich King's rep in the past. He's supposed to be a bad guy, right? If not easily one of the most awesome bad-a bad guys we've had in the WoW franchise. And knowing all that and suddenly working for him? It feels -very- strange... and uncomfortably disturbing... So far he does -seem- like he's not trying to be evil... It's really hard to tell though... The best way I can describe my feelings towards it is if we got an amazing and inspiring new President of the USA that just HAPPENED to be named "Adolf Hitler".... You know it's not literally the same Hitler from WWII, but... Ya just can't help feeling uncomfortably cautious while wanting to hope for the best... Pleasedon'tbeabadguyeasedon'tbeabadgiyPLEASE!! >_<;;; On the bright side, I have been told that Bolvar, unlike Arthas, has a very strong mind and will, and thus supposedly would be too mentally powerful to succumb to becoming the dreaded evil we know Arthas succumbed to. But still... One can't help but still worry and doubt... ANYWAY, what do your DK characters ICly think? Do they trust the new Lich King or think he's going to be another Arthas? Explain why or why not! Also, how would your non-DK toons respond to the fact a new Lich King is now actively leading the Death Knights of the Ebon Blade and Scourge Army against the Legion? Share their IC thoughts on it! And have fun!Rotgame37 5d
5d Other Worlds and RP My question is about your thoughts on battling Old Gods on different planets, as the Void Lords kinda threw them out into space. If a group of characters were given a reason to do this, and a means as well, could they potentially end up in a desolate world destroyed/conquered/corrupted by a single Old God? I ask this because it is my understanding that the Legion's obliterated a large majority of the planets and turned their inhabitants into demons. Is it probable that there might be a world out there devoid of all life save for an all-powerful Old God who's been abandoned there by its masters with the Legion cruising about the Twisting Nether killing everything?Aztrel11 5d
6d One race guilds I've been in a few of them on and off throughout my wow life, they seemed to always have great rp and good solid story arcs. My question on this manner is I have been on a few rp servers and tried to find Human only rp guilds. Now I know that in rp most of us don't want to play humans but other than that is there some other reason? (like a nefarious gnome plot?)Zengna5 6d
6d Help me get started I have searched around a lot, installed the basic RP addons and made a plausible lore-friendly character backstory, however I am now at the hard part of actually finding RP. On my server Role-play has sort of died out aside from a few select guilds, and being fundamentaly a PvPer I don't want to leave my server or guild. TL;DR I am having trouble finding any sort of Roleplay, be it hanging around talking with people.Mortess2 6d
6d DK Surnames for RP. My DK's name right now is Kronos Shadowbourne and I want to change it to something else so if anyone could provide some good surnames that'd be nice. Here's some insight on the name 'Kronos'. Kronos is derived from the Greek God Cronus, which is the God of Harvest and the father of Zeus.Killshott3 6d