Story Forum

Nov 13, 2013 WoD = an anime i think i have an idea how WoD will play out. this is because it's set up like a lot of anime series. The orc warlords = the espada/gung-ho guns/ginyu force/etc... they will each be presented as a super-important and powerful enemy who we must defeat or something bad will happen. garrosh = ulquiorra/legato/captain ginyu more powerful than the rest of the assorted villains.... also harasses us more garrosh's unnamed benefactor = aizen/knives millions/ frieza basically the guy who doesn't do much until the end. turns out to have god-like powers that make the assorted villains look like trash... and make us wonder why they bothered amassing a stable of henchmen when they can pretty much just one-shot the worldXarreda13 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 Stuff I've Learned from Reading Story Forums Part I Genocide, noun: A) any act of war a member of the Alliance engages in which is efficient, expedient, intelligent, and/or spares the Alliance many casualties at the expense of Horde lives. B) the act of contemplating such an act of war Examples: Rounding up orcs who had committed extreme acts of aggression and putting them in internment camps? Genocide Sending a squadron of blood elves on a difficult assignment, then imprisoning them for cooperating with an enemy of the Alliance? Genocide Declaring martial law on a faction of blood elves that had knowingly broken its neutrality by aiding the Horde in smuggling a weapon of mass destruction? Genocide Contemplating obliterating Orgrimmar in retaliation for the indiscriminate destruction of Theramore? Genocide.....basically Everyone: become enlightened as I have.Delrendis107 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 List your favorite warlords! Just curious which warlord was you folks' favorite out of the 6. For me: 1. Grom 2. Blackhand 3. Kargath 4. Kil'rogg 5. Ner'zhul 6. Gul'danDelurk44 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 Time Travel in Warcraft - A Theory Below is my interpretation of time travel in the Warcraft Universe. You may disagree, you may not. Regardless, I would like your input on my ideas. (Warning, some spoilers for novels) In the WoW universe it has been relatively straight forward up until recently. Here are some examples: In previous media associated with the Bronze Dragon Flight, it has been alluded to that time travel is a straight line of events (for the most part). In War of the Ancients, Rhonin and Kalec go back in time along with Broxigar. The actions they perform during this episode directly affected the present. Broxigar was able to slightly injure Sargeras, causing him to take interest in the orcs. Broxigars axe, and the story of his deeds, also were catalysts for other events on Azeroth such as with Thura (his niece). Another example showing time as a linear chain of cause to effect was with (to some extent) with the Caverns of Time 5Ms. The Infinite Dragonflight was corrupting the timeline and we had to go back, interact with past events, and make sure the timeline wasn't corrupted. Recently, however, it appears as though there are multiple timelines in the Warcraft universe. I reference "Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects" by Golden and the 5Ms in late Cataclysm. In the the 5Ms, leading into the Dragon Soul raid, we do a fair bit of time traveling. First, we go forward to a "possible future" where Death Wing had won and the ghosts of heroes plagued the Dragon Wastes. This, obviously, is not our future for we did defeat Death Wing. It is a view of what "might be". Later, we go back in time to the War of the Ancients and retrieve the Dragon Soul. This item is plucked out of the time stream and we never see it put back in at any point (if there is a distinct reference of them putting the Dragon Soul back, please let me know). Could we have taken the Dragon Soul from a different time line? With "Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects" we see Thrall being transported into different time streams. One of which is where Thrall was never under Blackmoore's control, resulting in a very different version of Azeroth following the Second War. This is a distinct example of where multiple time lines do exist within the canon. My theory is that the Draenor that Kairoz links to our "present" is not part of our timeline. Moreover, it is a separate timeline that has no real effect on our own. In this way, Garrosh is able to take his Iron Horde and invade modern day Azeroth with no real repercussions. What do you guys think?Vóde2 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 Horde lore for WoD? I'm really enjoying the Alliance lore that is coming out for the next expansion, but I'm not hearing much about the Horde (player Horde, not the Iron Horde). Can anyone give us a basic run-down on how the starting zone is shaping up?Carmageddon22 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 Draenor name of the continent not World? So like most here we thought Draenor and the Orcs were massive in numbers. Yet the recent maps showed that there is a bigger main land ofc the southwest of the Draenor Isle. If I had to make a comparison the Orcs are either from an Austrialian like continent or a United Kingdom size continent with the mainland being Europe. Look at that land mass, it dwarf the Draenor isle easily. If that's the case maybe there are more orc culture and civilization on the mainland . Orcs that can read, work with stone, craft intricate culture, white orcs, armored orcs that prefer city walls to country side. Orcs that considered the Horde barbarians due to living in hut. Orcs that couldn't care less about honor. Orcs thaf love politics. Which also beg the question are the Draenei only on that mainland or are there more all over the world just cut off from one another?Phelios17 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 Garrosh in Warlords Ok so apparently Garrosh will be in WoD, and somehow I missed the announcement. Was this announced at Blizzcon? Or if it was online can someone link it to me please? Thanks.Falkx5 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 Status of Gamon So there is an achievement to keep Gamon alive, but which is the canon outcome? The one where Gamon dies or the one where he is alive. Also Gamon for warchief =DRepulsion4 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 Ogres/Gronn on Draenor - Titan created races? Since it has been confirmed that the Titans visited Draenor early on, I am making an educated guess that they may have been responsible for creating the Ogres and Gronn. This was probably why the Ogres became the dominant power on that planet. The obvious question of course is why the Ogres are not rocky or metallic like other Titan creations prior to the Curse of Flesh. That mystery may be addressed as we explore that planet; perhaps there is an Old God present on Draenor as well?Aildrik9 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 Just a passing thought. Being a man of overthinking things I tend to have a lot of questions about plot devices and new storylines. I paid attention to the coverage of warlords of draenor and found myself thinking this: Garrosh is defeated, and being a very sore loser he decides to go back in time and across another timline to a certain specfic point in time to dissuade the orcs from drinking the demon's blood. His plan after that is to build the iron horde, kill the draenei, and then perform a cross realm (lol) invasion of azeroth. My question is why would he want to do this? Wouldn't it be easier to invade the alternate azeroth? Why choose to go up against the azeroth that's been fighting continuously for the past 30 years? Our azeroth might be broken and scarred but it's also battle harderned and full of heroes and advanced militaries tempered by years of fighting. The alternate azeroth didn't have the lich king (ner'zhul a principle part of the lich king is still alive, therefore the lich king never came about) and while it is unknown about the fate of the alternate universe, logic would dictate that the alternate world would be easier to invade. (assuming that the other villians that we defeated were not allowed to run rampant.)(This is also assuming Garrosh uses logic in his decisions.) Any thoughts on this? or am I thinking about this too hard?Bruniik13 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 The Lich King and Ner'zhul The original host used to create the Lich King was an Orc Shaman named Ner’zhul. Obviously we will see him (Ner'zhul) in the next WOW expansion. Now Fast Forward to the Present. With that in mind the present Lich King (Bolvar Fordragon) currently sits on the Frozen Throne in IceCrown. Will we see the Lich King return in the next expansion. Read Below for More Detailed Information about who the Lich King really is. Ner'zhul Ner'zhul was originally a shaman and spiritual leader of the Shadowmoon Clan, but his wisdom and reputation far exceeded the clan he called his own. Widely respected and admired by the orcish race for his deep connection to the spirits, it was Ner'zhul who originally and unwittingly set the stage for history as we know it today. Ner'zhul was contacted by a spirit who he presumed was his deceased mate, Rulkan -- and she had some disheartening news. According to Rulkan, the draenei were plotting against the orcish race, and it was only a matter of time before full out war would rage. Ner'zhul took this knowledge back to his people, and that's where the slaughter of the draenei began. Later, Ner'zhul discovered that Rulkan was in fact Kil'jaeden the Deceiver. Horrified, he returned to his people with the intent of telling them the truth, but instead found himself betrayed. Kil'jaeden had already been informed of Ner'zhul's intent to betray him, and stripped the shaman of his powers, forcing him to simply watch as the orcish race fell further into bloodlust and depravity. When the Dark Portal was destroyed at the end of the Second War, Ner'zhul was caught in the blast. While recuperating, he went just a little mad, just a little more power-hungry. When approached by Teron Gorefiend with a plan to find new worlds for the Horde to conquer, he agreed, and quickly went about bringing that plan into action. Unfortunately, that plan also involved opening mass portals all over Draenor -- an act that shattered the world into the disparate regions floating in the Twisted Nether that today is called Outland. As the world began to shatter, Ner'zhul decided to ditch the majority of the orcish race and escape Draenor by leaping through one of these portals. He was greeted on the other side by Kil'jaeden, who tore Ner'zhul apart, taking his spirit and binding it to the helm of the Lich King. Ner'zhul was no more -- but his legacy would certainly live on. PS The Lich King is not dead :-)Novyart2 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Jaina & Sylvanas I was thinking the other day about faction leaders, and how Garrosh had to be defeated, and I got to wondering if any other faction leaders will have to be defeated by the players as well. After some thought, Jaina Proudmoore and Sylvanas Windrunner were the two most obvious answers. Sylvanas is becoming more and more treacherous, even to her own subjects (using what appears to be a sovereign rod on Koltira), and Jaina has become increasingly bloodthirsty. Then I realized something the two of them had in common: They both came within very close proximity of Arthas’ soul-twisting sword: Frostmourne. I theorize that the corruption from Arthas’ sword triggers by a combination of proximity and a will for vengeance or hatred. Arthas held the blade already filled with anger, which is how he was corrupted so quickly (though he was kind of on his way already anyhow). Sylvanas had ample supply of hatred and vengeance in her heart, but did not actually touch the blade itself, which is why her corruption has been slower. Finally, Jaina had little hatred in her heart initially, but the transformation after Theramore’s destruction is all-too-obvious to ignore, which is why her corruption has taken much longer to begin than Syvlanas’.Schliemann4 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 The difference between questing All I remember with the difference of my Alliance and Horde Leveling Experience? Horde: You're nothing more than a tool to the Horde War Machine, your life truly doesn't matter, you're there to achieve a mission, and you're doing it if you like it or not. For example, Stonetalon. You aid goblins in building a miniature nuke, then go on to get chewed out and threatened with death because you followed your general's orders. Then you end up pretty much having this trend non-stop, seeing most of your people are not cared for by the Horde Military (I'm talking to you, Camp-T refugees). The only place to where you feel remotely proud in the Horde leveling experience is the Forsaken quest line, where you're plopped down halfway into a war and just hear the "THEY'RE ATTACKING US" side instead of the "But we attacked them first, so it's really just a counterattack". All in all, you can feel like a hero, but you're uncared for what so ever, which follows until you start aiding the rebellion in MoP. Alliance: You're immediately able to tell you're under attack at all sides, Blackrocks, Satyrs, Troggs, ect ect. Overall though, you're not alone in your fight. You're fighting alongside the Alliance military throughout almost all of this, be it Humans, Dwarves, or Gnomes. Your life is valuable and you're an important part of the operations for the Alliance. The downfall of this is shown in zones like Ashenvale, where you're on the defensive for the entire time, and the satisfaction that is found within this is too small. Eventually, you're able to push the orcs out to be able to hold the orcs. Being such an important part of the military, who can turn the tides of war, you're sent to a far worse off place, Stonetalon, and just told that they can hold. All in all, you don't get the same satisfaction, but you truly feel like a valuable part of the Alliance military, and furthermore, no Alliance citizens are just left behind, for the most part, the members of the Alliance are cared for and looked after by the Alliance military, which is extremely spread thin. After an analysis of both of these, in truth, the Alliance questing experience makes the player feel more at home, and important. But I'm eager to see a different viewpoint, as perhaps I'm the sole Alliance player that feels this way.Maladonir9 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Warcraft lore delivery kind of wishy washy Was anyone else disappointed at Blizzcon when Metzen came out and flatly told us the next events leading up to the expansion? Don't get me wrong, I wanted to know, just felt it would have been so much more epic with a video like the 5.4 trailer than just having it mentioned. It would have gotten the crowd fired up seeing Garrosh escape with his new friend and approach Grom. The video of WoD they did show was good at showing off the content but somewhat weak on lore. I know it is a lot of work but would love to see a new video for every patch that's heavily lore focused to fill in any progress that has happened since last patch. Would be a cool way to bring people up to speed if you had the option to watch a recap of everything that's happened since the last time you played.Shadowave5 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 new to rp, please help! Ok, so I am trying to come up with a back story for a couple of toons. I have an Orc DK and a Human Dk, problem is that I am not super familiar with the DK lore (started playing in Cata). As a result of my ignorance I am having trouble coming up with a liable story for them. I am not asking for anyone to do it for me by any means, but I would love a few simple ideas that I can flesh out into a story. Thanks!Kryts3 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 What Makes Your Race Special? So, as much fun as Warlord of Draenor is and that we are starting to see threads discussing other things, I though this would be a good time to voice our appreciation of our favorite/respective playable races. So, what is it that I find so fascinating about orcs? ... I also like certain aspects of the Tauren race as well, particularly their reverence toward the spirits and their almost spiritual approach to the Hunt. Still, I'd better stop now, as I'll end up covering each and every races given the chance. So, what fascinates you about your favorite in-game race?Mugtha5 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Christie Golden WoD Novel http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/09/new-christie-golden-novel-on-the-way/ Christie Golden will be writing a new novel that will tie in with Warlords of Draenor. So what do you think it will about?Gornur16 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 when does it come out i just wanna know when does warlords of draenor come outWoshiheshang6 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Will we see Broken In Draenor The Dark portal is changing colors from green to red. A wave of migration is about to hit the untouched world of Draenor. But what about the inhabitants of Outland that have moved to Azeroth? Will they move back to Draenor? If I was a Broken/Arakkoa/maghar orc, etc, I would be thinking: those lucky SOBs! They didn't have to go through the entire shattering of their planet. And then one would have to wonder about the reaction that the native Draenei on Draenor would have to Broken. So many weird possibilities...Commando10 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Naaru in the Exodar So...there's a Naaru chilling in the Exodar. Whats it doing there really? For all the power that a Naaru has, it just chooses to do nothing? CMON!Naluun5 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 WoD: Alliance and Horde Perspectives. "The trailer shown for the announcement is more of a tease, but if you look at the main image, those are all orc warchiefs that those familiar with the original Warcraft RTS will readily recognize. This is a chance for the Alliance to take the initiative and go after the Iron Horde and it's a chance for the Horde as it is now to rediscover who they are and what they're about. The story is about YOU as a hero as well, facing down an incredibly powerful and dangerous foe in order to protect Azeroth as it is today. " It really does seem like the Horde is going to be doing the really in-depth soul searching and deep thoughtfulness... Juxtaposed to the alliance who may not be giving much thought to what their doing at all.... hmmmm.... Cite source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/Sanctinius18 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 The Changing Face of Draenor I'm not sure why Blizzard are doing this - homogenising Draenor to make it a boring clone of Azeroth: The first time we went to Draenor, it was known as the red planet. The soil was red, and the forests were of mushrooms. Years later, we returned, and the land has been torn apart, there are no oceans just chunks of land floating in the Aether. Fair enough. The soil is red in only a very few regions only... and there is only one area of giant mushrooms - Zangarmarsh. Much of Draenor has now changed to have Azeroth foliage instead. Ok. Now, with WoD, the only place that had mushroom forests, Zangarmarsh, has become an ocean, and I wonder if any of the red soil of what Blizzard calls the 'Red Planet' still exists? I just don't understand why the attempt to make it less alien and more like Azeroth? I understand adding more diversity and alien landscapes as one would expect of another planet, but it seems like many of the changes are just changes to make it Azeroth-like and remove any surreal or alien feel about it.Xanimus9 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Craziest thing Anduin could do Mostly made for fun...(At least its not an elimination game) Basically what is the strangest and out of no-where thing that Anduin would do in-line with the white knight character he's been given. Mostly just do it for the laughs. ex: Anduin Wyrnn adopts a baby Naga and attempts to raise it in the way of the light Go ahead give it a try.Vyerra28 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 In a game of chicken... Who would win? The Alliance or the Horde?Cbredbeard1 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 **Warlords of Draenor - Clarification!** Okay, folks. I know the expansion was just announced yesterday, however, we're already having people talk about things already clarified by Blizzard. This is a list of things that have been clarified and you do not need to keep asking. - This expansion will NOT affect Warcraft's past as we know it. It is an alternate past. - Our Dark Portal is being linked to alternate past Draenor's. It is NOT connected to our past, it is connected to our present. - Lore characters will NOT be running into past selves. There will not be two Velens, or Vindicator Maarads. The only logical way to account for this is that as soon as the present character goes back to Draenor, they merge with that timeline's version of them. This is not canon, but it is my own headcanon which I'm going to stick with until told otherwise. - Warlord's of Draenor takes place on Draenor before the Orcs began their conquest under the Legion's sway. Therefore, it takes place before they invaded Azeroth and before the First and Second Wars. - Since this takes place on Draenor prior to the First and Second Wars, there will be no Alliance of Lordaeron on Draenor. If there is anything else that you feel needs to be added to this list, please post it and I will add it! I highly recommend this gets stickied, because I'm already tired of seeing people ask these things and its only been a day.Lorelaî37 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 What will Jaina do? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10490859595?page=8#150 ... Oh come on. Just think of the possibilities. I am hoping she follows us(probably in 6.1) and give the Iron Horde a taste of the Focusing Iris and her Thunder King staff.Zerde7 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Will the Burning Blade Clan show up? I hope so because they are one of the coolest clans. They were originally the crazy leftovers from all other orc clans that were kept in check by ogres, and the ogres are still a part of an empire it wouldn't make sense for them to help the Iron Horde.Pajuh17 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Fel Orcs green or red? So can anyone tell me why the orcs from the past turned green from drinking fel blood while the outland orcs who drink it turn dark red and spiky?Jaimis20 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 What happens to Outland Ally/Horde Garrisons In Burning Crusade, the alliance and horde came marching through in full force. We saw entire armies setup bases and outposts, travellers, researchers, and merchants come through. Now Azeroth's portal no longer connects to Outland. Are all the alliance/horde in Outland now stranded? Nazgrel in Thrallmar for example. Being stuck in Outland permanently isn't exactly the most appealing experience. It is still Burning Legion infested, shattered, and fully of dangerous marauding bands of fel orcs, orges, and such. Are they just stuck lore-wise? That said, there could be some potential for introducing a new expansion. If we ever do get reconnected, it would make for a great story to find Outland and its inhabitants completely obliterated or almost wiped out by a Burning Legion Invasion. A way to introduce Alleria and Turalyon.Commando8 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Gul'dan lore Little is known of Gul'dan's early history except that he was originally a member of the Shadowmoon clan, and showed extraordinary talent with working with the elemental powers of shamanism. Because of this, he was chosen as the honored apprentice to the elder shaman Ner'zhul, chieftain of the Shadowmoon Clan and spiritual leader of the orcs. As Ner'zhul rallied the orcs for a war against the draenei at the behest of Kil'jaeden (hiding behind the facade of a powerful ancestor referred to as "The Beautiful One"), Gul'dan supported Ner'zhul fully. However, when Ner'zhul began to notice that they could no longer call upon the power of the elements or the ancestors, the shaman began to sense something was amiss. He discovered at Oshu'gun that he had been duped by Kil'jaeden and attempted to back out. To Ner'zhul's horror, he discovered that Gul'dan had seen everything at Oshu'gun and told Kil'jaeden of it all before Ner'zhul returned. Kil'jaeden approached Gul'dan and offered him the chance to become a master of warlock magic, on the condition that he help bring the orcs under his banner. Gul'dan accepted with no qualms whatsoever, and immediately began the work of reshaping the orcs, hitherto a collection of simple shamanistic clans, into an unstoppable and bloodthirsty Horde. As a necessity of his bid for power, Gul'dan trained a number of like-minded and powerful orcs, whom he named the Shadow Council. The Council was soon using its power and influence to direct almost every aspect of orc society, so as to distract those few who opposed his dark ideals from their true masters, Gul'dan and Kil'jaeden. He even founded and created his own clan, the Stormreavers, who were loyal only to him. However, this clan wasn't founded until sometime later. To seal the bargain between him and Kil'jaeden, Gul'dan and the Shadow Council offered the clan chieftains the Blood of Mannoroth. The resulting Horde was bloodthirsty, barbaric, and evil, an extension of the demons whom they now worshiped. As a test of the Horde's strength, Gul'dan and the Shadow Council guided the orcs into murdering every single Draenei they could find on their homeworld. The near-extermination of the Draenei, a race as old as his master Kil'jaeden, proved that the orcs were ready for the next slaughter. It was at some point during these proceedings that Gul'dan acquired the loyalty of Garona Halforcen Eventually, Gul'dan was contacted by the mad sorcerer Medivh - possessed by the Dark Titan Sargeras - who offered him the promise of godhood, locked away within the Tomb of Sargeras if he would use the Horde to conquer Azeroth (Sargeras' ulterior motive, however, was to regain possession of his body). Gul'dan agreed, and with the assistance of the Shadow Council, he helped Medivh open the Dark Portal between Azeroth and Draenor. Over the next few years, Gul'dan and his ogre-mage apprentice Cho'gall would secretly manipulate the Horde as it rampaged across Azeroth. Gul'dan manipulated the election of Blackhand as the Horde's new warchief , as he was the perfect pawn for the Shadow Council. Though Blackhand was competent in battle and a relatively sound tactician, he was extremely lustful — and thus easy for Gul'dan to control. Gul'dan saw the Horde led to supremacy over most of the Kingdom of Azeroth, but on the eve of the final siege of Stormwind, Gul'dan was aware of a raiding party against Medivh's tower of Karazhan. Realizing that the Azerothians intended to slay the Guardian, Gul'dan hastily ransacked Medivh's mind for the Tomb's location. He was still deep within the Guardian's thoughts when Lothar and Khadgar killed him, ending Medivh's treachery and forcing Gul'dan into a coma. Without the counsel of Gul'dan, Blackhand was easily slain by Orgrim Doomhammer, who, with information acquired from an interrogated and tortured Garona, proceeded to slaughter Gul'dan's warlocks and the majority of the Shadow Council. Gul'dan awoke from the coma with only Cho'gall, the Twilight's Hammer and his necrolytes still loyal to him; Blackhand, the Shadow Council and the warlocks were dead, and Garona and the other clans had betrayed him. Garona's betrayal of course had been forced. Doomhammer was willing to spare Gul'dan's life, despite his gut feeling he would one day regret this, and even let him run Balor and the ruins of Stormwind Castle, in exchange for information in regards to Blackhand's followers. This was simple enough; Rend and Maim hadn't professed continued loyalty to Gul'dan, so the warlock had no qualms about betraying them. Gul'dan informed Doomhammer that the raiders were preparing to join the sons of Blackhand and stage a coup against him, as Blackhand had once been a raider himself. Whether this information was true or not (not even Gul'dan was certain), it was possible, and Doomhammer disbanded the raiders and placed them among the many grunt regiments. As a token of his "loyalty" to the new warchief, Gul'dan promised to create an army of undead riders loyal to him and him alone. Gul'dan and his necrolytes, led by Rakmar Sharpfang, tried to raise the dead Stormwind knights into the death knights but failed continuously. Gul'dan became frustrated and in the end found another way. With the help of Cho'gall, Gul'dan joined his necrolytes in a powerful ritual and at the height of the incantation slaughtered each and every last one, so that they could nourish his newest creations. He stored their souls in glowing green gems, which stored their powers along with the recently summoned spirits of the slain Shadow Council Warlocks. Finally the jewels were embeded into truncheons, and placed in the hands of the corpses of the Knights of Stormwind and their steeds - to create the dreaded death knights. Of course, at the end of the day, they were still loyal to him, and Doomhammer had no idea that they might not be his warriors. Doomhammer then let Gul'dan to his own devices as he was quite busy with war. Ultimately, Gul'dan's thirst for power proved to be the Horde's undoing. On the eve of Doomhammer's attack on Lordaeron's capital, Gul'dan took the Stormreaver and Twilight's Hammer clans and set out to sea to locate the Tomb of Sargeras. With nearly half of his standing forces suddenly gone, Doomhammer was forced to retreat and hunt down the traitorous warlock. This reprieve would ultimately give the Alliance time to regroup...and retaliate. Gul'dan did indeed locate the Tomb, and used his power to raise it from the ocean floor. Taking with him his most select followers, Gul'dan cast open the doors and entered. He did not however find the godhood he was hoping for. Instead, he was torn to shreds by a swarm of insane demons that they had unleashed when the tomb was opened. The remainder of his clans were slaughtered by Doomhammer's retaliation. In those last moments, Gul'dan realized he had just been a pawn, that Sargeras had fooled him into doing his dirty work. Gul'dan's memories survived within the warlock magic of his skull and the runes he painted on the walls of the Tomb. Illidan found the Tomb using Gul'dan's memories from the Skull, and Maiev Shadowsong found the runes. When the tomb caved in, Gul'dan's final testament was buried. his dark legacy lives onDruphammer5 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 No Draenei shamans! So, from what I understand, in our alternate timeline: - The orcs were never fel-tainted - Which means they couldn't cast the fel-mist - Nobundo/other draenei were never cut off from the Light and turned into Broken So our Draenei will be culture-shocking the AU Draenei with shamanism. Could this cause possible conflict with militant followers of the Light who never needed shamans? There's also little miss Dornaa, powerful shaman in training who is going to do or not do something that got the Bronze Dragonflight guards mad at her, although she's probably just forgotten.Lilendae15 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Anduin Wrynn: Theorycrafting I just wanted to start a post here. I also started it on MMO Champion. Before I begin let me start by pointing out one of the biggest acts of treachery and illusion in World of Warcraft. Saidan Dathrohan the end boss of the Scarlet Crusader section of Stratholme was secretly possessed by Balnazzar. Balnazzar had secretly commanded the Scarlet Crusaders for years as Saidan and he did this by shape shifting into Saidan's form after he killed him. Well one of the biggest acts of Mists of Pandaria was that we witnessed the "near-death" of Anduin Wrynn. Garrosh when he claimed the divine bell attacked Anduin and many thought he died until 5.2 that is when we learned that he was healed by Velen. What if Anduin did die during the events of the Divine Bell and one of the Dreadlords became him. This would explain the vision of him letting Garrosh out of prison and the instigation for the events of Warlords. Now many would say that Anduin is a peace lover and still is in the lore. There haven't been any hints that he was possessed, but why would there be? Anduin is the perfect person to transform into. The Dreadlords would have a hold in the "last remaining" superpower and control the son of the High King. If Varian was to "die" then they would be in charge of said super power. Plus there are many hints out there that the last raid will be Stormwind, but what if we aren't raiding it to destroy the Iron Horde which have occupied it? What if we are raiding it to destroy Anduin after he has killed Varian and is in the process of summoning the Burning Legion? DiscussRanoir9 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 What is Gul'dan doing? Out of all the BIG characters that have been shown in WoD, he's the one I'm most confused about. Is he against both the Iron Horde and the ones coming through the Dark Portal? Does he have any allies except for the few in his Stormreaver clan? What role will he play? I'm very interested in WoD and would just like to know more about the characters.Movalon20 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Lore character smackdown 2013 Who'd win in a fight between the following lore characters? Draka vs Aggra Blackhand the Destroyer vs Malkorok Khadgar vs Gul'dan Lei Shen vs Thrall Durotan vs Grom Garona vs Garrosh (provided it was a fight, not an assasination)Delurk9 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Why on Azeroth... Would pvp make ANY sense in Warlords of Draenor? The Frostwolves clearly aren't interested in fighting, and the Draenei aren't either. What was up with the Draenei pulling an ambush on Durotan / Random Frostwolf orc in the trailer?Delurk58 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Think Lorewalker Cho will be in WoD? Seems like he would jump at the opportunity to go to a completely different world.Slaz11 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 So, for the expansion after WoD... I'm predicting CRISIS ON INFINITE AZEROTHS. You heard it here first. With Jaina Proudmoore as the reality puncher. Retcons from the freshly-punched new reality include Silver Hand/Argent Dawn as Alliance only, Earthen Ring as Horde Only, Forsaken as a violent, universally hated NPC Faction, Night Elves as neutral, and Thrall and Jaina makin' babies together after WCIII.Jaelara3 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Garrosh's Benefactor and his Motivations We all know Garrosh's motivations in creating this new timeline with the Iron Horde, but we don't know who actually frees him and gets him started. It may in fact have nothing to do with the bronze dragon Kairoz but involve a Horde sympathizer who was able to recover Timeless Isle artifacts that could allow one to travel to the past, or someone even more nefarious. It intrigues me because the Iron Horde does not really fit the Infinite Dragonflight's modus operandi. All the instances we've fought them have revolved around them trying to stop catastrophic events like the Purging of Stratholme and, of all things, the arrival of the Horde into Azeroth. Such events were potentially well-meaning but would have changed the course of our history hence why we had to stop them. It seems strange they would turn right around and try to do the same thing they attempted to prevent. Could the Legion be the true mastermind behind this? While the Kil'Jaeden in this timeline is stymied in his attempt to enslave the Orcs to bloodlust, this entire universe could have been put into play by an agent of the present Legion as a distraction as part of the preparations for an invasion on Azeroth. Knowing plenty about the tragic Hellscream line, this agent could have offered to free Garrosh and gave him the tools to remake the Horde in the past, knowing exactly what he would do with them. Whoever they are may have manipulated the mightiest of us into the suicide mission to destroy the portal from the other side and strand us, and while the rest of Azeroth is frantically preparing to resist with their eyes on the Dark Portal, other more sinister preparations may be in progress without our meddlesome resistance to prevent it from happening. Whoever wins on the other side doesn't matter as long as they have the time to enact their plans. Alternately, this could be a giant-scale 'test run' courtesy of Kairoz to test the effects of said artifact and how far the manipulation of time can occur in preparation for something bigger. He may have let Garrosh have his fun knowing he would likely still fall in the end, and because only someone like Garrosh with nothing left to lose would be crazy enough to try and change history so dramatically regardless of possible catastrophic consequences. And it may not even be him. The question is, who has the most to gain from this turn of events?Andarin2 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 what color would a Nelf and Helf spawn be? Would they take after the dark purple or the light skin? Maybe brownish color and become drow? What about physical appearance, woukd they be white and musclar or purple small and frail? Yes I have too much time on my hand atm.Crappytank11 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Queen Azshara Maybe I'm just asking this simply cause I was hoping for a Naga expansion to be announced instead of WoD, but do you guys think Queen Azshara could play any role in this expansion? I mean I know she's still under the sea, sexting Sargeras and all that, but they did say the big bad of the expansion wasn't Garrosh. Do you think the lore could fit?Charging14 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Chronicles of War I just got done reading all four books. (They were fantastic!) I am confused though. I started playing near the tail end of Vanilla, and I was there for the opening of the dark portal for The burning crusade expansion and all that but I didn't delve into the Lore that much back then. What was the reasoning behind how the Dark Portal got rebuilt? At the end of "Beyond the Dark Portal", Turaylon and the gang witness the Dark Portal on the Draenor side being destroyed. Was is Illidan? Was it the remnants of the Horde in Hellfire Citadel? Thank you for any answers, ThorjakThorjak1 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 The Ebon Blade? So I know everyone's caught up with WoD, but all this revisiting old content has got me wondering... what happened with these guys? I recall waaaaay back on the old forums that a blue posted and asked a question with what we wanted to see happen with them right around Cataclysm coming out. They had a poll asking if we wanted to see a manga, comic book, short story, novel, game content, etc to continue their story. And... nothing's happened. I mean I understand that we're not dealing with Undead stuff, but at least any kind of update might be nice.Savlith12 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Do we get to keep anything from WoD? Do we get to keep anything from WoD? In this alternate timeline can we actually take things from it? (I don’t mean loot) Will the people we help and work with have a bearing on our own timeline when the expansion over. Like the new Draenei faction hero Yrel? Can she come back with us to lead, teach, and develop beyond our interactions in this time laps. If so then how do we deal with Thrall's father Durotan(dead person in our time), or doubles like Garona , Saurfangs, Akama and Velen? The only sour apples I have about this expansion is when trying to wrap my head around it, is that in the end this time bubble must be collapsed( destroyed, erased, or corrected). That correction in it makes everything we did nothing more than playing out a “what if scenario having no real development, growth or progress for each faction that is tangible”. Everything we do in this next expansion seems like it has to be wiped away to prevent it from hurting or time line. Making it a dream sequence expansion if you will. If that’s not the case then someone please explain thing to me. I like the idea of this expansion, the looks, the races, and who we are following. It like being presented a great meal of steak and baked potato, and corn on the cob….this meal looks great but instead of being served on a platter its being set in front of me on garbage can lid. So if anyone can help me with this garbage can lid of time travel plot bubble spoiling this meal for me, please feel free.Dyslexica16 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 WoD explained; or, Time Loops and You. As a fan of the Legend of Zelda series, I have a lot of experience with split timelines and time travel in fiction. Here on the forums, I see a lot of confusion about just how the time travel is working in Warlords of Draenor. Here's how I understand it: http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/7921/mwgw.png The dates come from the Ultimate Visual Guide, which said MoP is Year 30. At Blizzcon they said we're going back 35 years, so WoD is Year -5. Explanation After Siege of Orgrimmar, Garrosh is arrested and imprisoned. We all know this. But he escapes that imprisonment, and with the help of the bronze dragon Kairoz (who Tom Chilton said was the one helping Garrosh at BlizzCon), Garrosh goes back in time 35 years to the world of Draenor. On Draenor, the orcs had been manipulated by Kil'jaeden into attacking the draenei and were on their way to becoming the first, demonic Horde. When Garrosh arrives he is able to convince the orcs not to drink Mannoroth's blood. Without doing this, they are not enslaved to the Burning Legion, and their skin stays brown instead of turning green. (Sidenote: Gul'dan has green skin and is confirmed to still serve the Burning Legion in WoD even if the rest of the orcs do not.) This incident creates a split in the timeline. Like a river flowing as one, then branching off into two. As I said before, players of Zelda have already experienced something similar with the ending of Ocarina of Time. The split timeline means that the changes Garrosh makes do not affect our history and the world we know is not changing. Garrosh, with his knowledge of the future and all the fantastic weapons and blueprints he brought back, unites the clans into the Iron Horde. With Kairoz's help, Garrosh creates a Dark Portal and then uses time magic to connect it to our Dark Portal. He is invading the present from the past, and plans on getting revenge after SoO using the Iron Horde. The Horde player with Thrall and the Alliance player with Maraad dive into the Dark Portal and travel back to the alternate timeline Draenor. There, they meet the Frostwolf clan and draenei of Karabor and we fight Garrosh and the Iron Horde in the past.Reignac16 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Sky Admiral Rogers, SoO, and WoD I was doing Jade Forest on an alt today, and every single time, this sticks out to me: "Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore, laid siege to your children in Redridge, and massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore. It. Is. PAYBACK TIME!" How did this character get dropped?! Where was she during SoO? Where will she be in WoD? It's hard to imagine she'd pass an opportunity to slaughter orcs. She was the character that made me, for a brief moment, actually proud to be Alliance. Please tell me she isn't going into the lore abyss.Tiro117 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 So when they said a Joan of Arc Dranei hero.. Do you think they mean she's schizophrenic and tend to talk to herself a lot thinking she talking to a higher power but is an incredible strategist or that a naru somewhere is aactually talking to her and telling her battle strategy and how to win?Crappytank67 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Sand Gnomes. Does anyone remember the quest in Outland with the Explorer's League and the dialogue about the sand gnomes... Then we fought some sand gnomes in the bone wastes. Are those canon or just a joke? If they are canon, I'd actually laugh so much if we had Gnomes trying to discover the underground sand gnome kingdom of Draenor. <.<Lorelaî6 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Shattrath City Am I the only one who was peeved off when they found out that the Iron Horde still captured the Draenei's capital on Draenor? That it will be a raid instead of a shining bulwark against the New Old Horde? That the Horde will get to probably "liberate"(lol) the city somehow? It's like Blizzard gave the Draenei Karabor but removed, retconned or destroyed every other Draenei settlement on Draenor.Quirnheim47 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Burning Legion? So we know now that garrosh went back to stop the drinking if demon blood and the slavery of the orcs to the demons. But what about the demons? They just lost any army to attack their most hated enemy....what will they do nowPirias1 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Ideas for upcoming races/classes? Okay, I have been looking into possible ideas for new expansions and what they could offer. These are my ideas and I have taken from the material provided by the lore. Please enjoy and feel free to add your own stuff! RACES: For our next expansion, I don't really want to see my 'create a character' screen cluttered by a bunch of new characters. So what I think would be pretty cool is new takes on our old races. Being able to choose from different side-races of our currents. Alliance For example: The Krokul - (Broken Draenei) High Elves - The slightly blueish version of the Blood Elves from when they were Alliance Antlered Night Elves (not sure if they have a name) Black Rock Dwarfs Mixtures between Night Elves and Humans, or High Elves and Humans Horde For example: Fel Orcs and Dragonmaw Orcs The overly masculine Trolls (unsure if they have a specific name) ANY OTHER TAUREN RACE. You have 5, give us something! Taunka, Yaungol, etc... Vrykul or Tuskar would fit our ranks nicely as well. Now, as for new classes, I have a few in-mind, not everyone may agree, but like I said, I personally would enjoy playing as them. Necromancer - Able to call forth undead spirits with ease, rot his enemies with his poisons or take on all enemies with his manipulation of Bone. *NOTE* My fun idea for this would be that each spec has a different armor specialization, I mean, we have different sets for our different specs, why not get a different type of armor and mix it up? *NOTE* DPS Spec - Poison - Uses staffs as his main weapon and sports leather as his armor class. Utilize your knowledge over the different poisons of the world to slowly destroy your enemies by rotting their flesh from their bones. Support (not healing!) Spec - Summoner - Uses a one-handed weapon and off-hand as the main weapon and cloth as the armor class. Summon forth spirits to either attack, defend our heal your allies, utilizing the situation of the advantage with the use of the spirits you control to turn the tides of battle. Tank Spec - Bone - Uses dual-wielded daggers as main weapons and mail ('bout time for mail tank) as the armor class. Cover your body in the bones of the fallen to harden your resolve in battle, causing attacks towards you to glance off as you hold the attention of your enemies. Bard - Use your mastery of sound to hold the sway of war in your favor. DPS Spec - Strings - Uses class-specific items that resemble stringed instruments such as cellos, violins and guitars and wears leather as the armor class. Create piercing shrills of the strings to tear and rip at your foes, or low and melodic riffs to burst your enemies into pieces. Support (I am big about having healing being less of a thing to make it more fun/challenging) Spec - Vocals - No weapon slot, just bare hands. Uses cloth as the armor class. Your mastery of your voice can hold off enemies or destroy them. From the bellowing booms of a Bass to the high range of the Soprano, you can use this to your advantage, healing and aiding your team, or chanting the words of old to defend them. Tank Spec - Brass - The sounds of war clang and ring out, you answer back with a blast of deafening proportions. Using your brass weapon of choice can depend on how your abilities work, trumpet, trombone or tuba, it doesn't matter. All can eradicate any creature foolish enough to come across you. Well, these are my ideas, feel free to critic and post your own! =DQoye11 Nov 11, 2013