New Player Help and Guides

Jul 22 Jul 22 Jul 22 Jul 22 Jul 22 Jul 22 Jul 22 Jul 21 Jul 21 Jul 21 Jul 21
How do I get into a Mythic Raid? I will not listen to people that say "OH! That's for elite players with ilvl 725+, you cant do it" No one is going to take initiative over when I decide when i'm ready to do a mythic raid, if I get absolutely destroyed and make the healers cry, then that's on me to deal with. I am probably not well geared for one reason and it absolutely makes no sense. Known as "Guild Logic" and it seems to have the same cancer that I see in the real world. So guilds want applicants who are 13/13M with an ilvl of 720, 725, 730, etc. Ok? So I go to look up how I can get all that via google and everything points in the same direction. Mythic raids is the only way. But when the only way to get ilvl 725 gear is mythic raids, and guilds only recruit people who have ilvl 725 gear and 13/13m... How the hell am I supposed to get that kind of gear when it's locked behind mythic raids and the only way to get into a mythic raid is to have these minimum prerequisites. I want something more challenging and rewarding than LFR, something other than PVPing or leveling other toons for endless hours. I really want to do tough raids and become more qualified to join a mythic raid and not be locked outside of having absolutely no opportunity or fair advantage. I'm just stuck with getting this trashy ilvl710 gear which is great for pvp but optimal for pve and it's not getting me anywhere even if I do get the complete set because no one will accept an applicant with ilvl710. I could not find a single guild that runs mythics for entry applicants, if anyone has any leads then i'd be happy to take them. Gashadokuro7
Jul 21 Jul 21 Jul 21 Jul 21 Jul 21 Jul 21 Jul 21 Jul 20 Jul 20 Jul 20 Jul 20 Jul 20 Jul 20 Jul 20 Jul 20 Jul 20 Jul 20 Jul 20 Jul 19 Jul 19 Jul 19
LvL100 boost warning I used the lvl100 boost on one of my low level characters, I already have 5 lvl100 and 4 lvl90+ toons on various servers, and I found that in doing this I basically ruined that character and wasted $60, I strongly advice against using this boost unless you only plan on using the character to PvP, farm crafting mats, raids, dungeon runs (farming gold or items), here are the reasons: 1) once you boost your character you will automatically get a lvl3 garrison, many of the initial quests needed to obtain garrison resources will not be available or not able to complete, which reduces the garrison to only providing some crafting mats. You will be able to upgrade some buildings and place which ever buildings you would like but that is limited because in order to upgrade buildings you need garrison resources. 2) most quests in Draenor will not be available because the initial quests were not completed. 3) Many followers you would have received as a quest reward will not be available, again because the initial quests were not completed. 4) these are the quests you will not be able to complete: "Keeping it together", "Qiana Moonshadow", "Ravenous Ravens". if I remember right in order to get garrison resources you need to complete Keeping it together, and Qiana Moonshadow is already a follower once you boost your character but the quest to recruit her still shows its available but you won't be able to complete it because shes already a follower. There maybe more quests that cannot be completed but those are the ones that I found so far and they are the most important ones. 5) your followers start out at lvl90ish, but since your lvl100, most of the follower missions will be to high lvl for them to complete so you will only be able to do a couple missions at a time, even though you start out with a good number of followers. The only thing that I have been able to come up with that would eliminate this problem is for the Dev's to change the results of the boost, so that it only affects your character and nothing else. A lvl100 character can lvl their garrison rather quickly and they would still be able to do all of the Draenor quests if they chose to do so. As it stands right now the garrison is rather useless, if you use the lvl100 boost, its only useable for farming a few crafting mats or doing some crafting, but not much else. I truly believe that this lvl100 boost idea was not planned out very well. I hope that other players that used this boost have found a work around and will post it here. Catryanna26
Jul 19 Jul 19 Jul 19 Jul 19 Jul 19 Jul 19 Jul 18 Jul 18
3-5 years and still can't pick my main Was running a fake Mage Main during Wotlk and other alts like worgen during cata. But I was a newb and treating it as the best class to be playing in wow and most powerful intelligent as my friend was playing it and thought he ownz everything as a Mage. I still have the running perception of a Mage Main but I've gone to Pandaren Monk during Mysts of Pandaria expansion. How ever I still get mixed feelings when I play Pandaren Monk as the tendency seems to be towards playing something like a Human Warrior something strong. As Pandaren Monk seemed good during Mysts of Pandaria but now I've been playing this alt every single time and mostly doing Random battlegrounds. On the Windwalker monk same alt all the time man. Sorry maybe I am not making any sense with the Main Human Mage and perhaps I am clouding and making it so confusing as it stands now, I don't really know what my issue is with wow. The ever persisting issue was I play a lot and enjoyed it a lot during cata and such so perhaps to sum it all up in one sentence and I'm not 100% definite if that's it: Here is the summary I've been playing for a long time and my enjoyment has fallen as the time progressed when I was a newb I enjoyed my game time. Could this be for everyone and this was raised on the forums that original vanilla was much more fun then WoD and MoP and Legion. Or maybe I am progressing from a newb Newbie Noob into something.... And this is completely normal as my friend might of had the same experience before as he was playing since vanilla and perhaps I am still a newb in a sense and I am garbage player but this should not put me in a discriminatory position as such as martial arts teach respect and strength and confidence or doesn't even matter I perhaps need your help to sort this out as it keeps getting worse. I like mining but now it's leather working on my monk its ok. I preordered Legion and want to go demon hunter and also want to go this Pandaren monk and my old Mage human which I boosted to 90 and did dreanor experience and I don't get the way of playing the Mage since it's changed I don't have good gear and my professions are tailoring and herbalism which is a bit weird and they were boosted haven't really went full on with them. So my idea was demon hunter as main and then go the monk to 110 and Mage to 110 and then I still got the boost for preorder which I haven't used as I want to test before I boost any alt as I don't know who I want to play. I really don't have a super main main as such so I just want to focus on something full on and I feel kind of bad now that I don't like playing as much as older time. And my eyes are tired and my body doesn't feel right as I stopped doing my martial arts I feel like crap. I've tried other alts like warrior hunter and ect... And I got some like level 60 or 40 should I level those I am always overwhelmed with buttons on action bar and don't have those automatic things like when you can set it in options for pressing one action and it binds other spells to it I've never used this. Generally in WoD I am always trying to get gold through followers and level fishing as I stopped doing random bgs as I feel tired now. Anything else I need to tell you please ask. Apalon5
Jul 18 Jul 18 Jul 18
Questions about Realms, Names (?) and Lore! Hey everyone, and thanks for checking out this post and wanting to help :) I am completely new to the World of Warcraft and Blizzard games in general (The last one I played was Warcraft III about more than 10 years ago), but I am very excited about jumping in head-first and experiencing everything these games have to offer. I just created my character on the Proudmoore realm and played for about one or two hours. It's fun, but I already have lots of questions and feel a little overwhelmed by the game, even after reading the Beginner's Guide! However, I am not so much overwhelmed by the gameplay mechanics; it's more about the little things - and the lore! I want to address the latter first, as I am very anxious to learn more about the Warcraft universe after watching the movie. As much as I'd love a huge guide on all things Warcraft, don't waste your time for my sake, just give me as short of an answer as you can spare. I was just wondering if there is a way to catch up on the story. I know the Warcraft universe is huge and has tons and tons of books, movies, etc. to cover it, and my initial idea was to go through it all by starting with the first three games, and the first few books in the order of release. However, I've noticed that the first two games are not available for download anywhere, and that the first few books are not in print and fetch high prices on sites like Amazon and Barnes and Noble. I've also read that the early World of Warcraft lore is now lost due to some sort of overhaul that happened a few years ago... So... I am really worried!! I really want to avoid wikis, but is that even possible at this point? I am ready to read the books, play the games, and do whatever it takes to learn it all on my own... I just don't know where to start now! Any quick tips? As for the game itself, I mostly had trouble deciding on a realm to play on. I did read about the benefits of checking out the Alliance/Horde ratio of each server, its population, and consider the type of realm I want to play on, so I understand the basics here. The thing is, I really want to play on an RP server that will let me interact with lots of players, but I was worried about my lack of lore knowledge which is why I picked a Normal realm. Do you think it's okay for someone like me to play on RP servers, or should I stick to Normal/PvP servers until I develop least some sort of understand of the world, races, factions and etc? I was thinking of RPing as an amnesiac, but... I don't want to be thaaaat guy... Besides the type, I was also confused about the 'New Players' population. I read conflicting things about it, with one side saying that those servers have the lowest population, and others saying that it really is for new players. Can anyone clear this up for me? Lastly, I saw lots of players with long names running around on my travels, but I myself couldn't use a long name because of the limited character space in the character creation menu. Is it possible to change my name in-game? Or are those long names not names at all, but some sort of ranks? I am really lost, and I am even having a hard time describing what I am referring to (I hope I am not confusing you!) And... That's all! Sorry for the long post, but these are all my major questions. I just thought it's better to compile it all in one long post than to spam the New Player forums (I hope that wasn't the wrong thing to do). Thank you for reading and for your help! :) Elbyo10
Jul 17 Jul 17 Jul 17
Can't pick a class I have been having trouble finding a class that I am actually able to level without getting bored. With the prepatch coming in 3 days I thought I might as well use that can't pick a class sticky's question, with legion specifically in mind. Thank you if you take the time to answer. Do you want to have a permanent pet? Is a temporary one okay with you? Or does it not matter if you have a pet? Pets annoy me. They get in the way, and do things you don't want them to do. Are you partial to cloth wearers or do you want a little more bulk in your armor? I don't really care about the type of armor, though I don't like being really squishy. Overall I just don't want my armor to look stupid. What have you played in other games before? Maybe you played a caster in another game and liked it, or have a fondness for barbarians/warriors. WoW might have a rough equivalent for you! I have always loved casters, but also found warrior and ranger type characters fun. Sorry if this bit doesn't help much. I'd just like my class to have good established lore. Do you want to be able to heal yourself and others, or are you okay with lacking those spells? Healing myself be nice but isn't necessary, and healing others isn't to important. Which is your preference: attacking enemies from a distance or being up in their faces? This I don't know. I like the safety of range but hate the turret like gameplay. I don't want hunter because they have a pet, but they can move and shoot if I'm correct. Are you the sneaky type or do you take pleasure ripping out internal organs as a greeting right off the bat? Sneaking has it's uses but relying on it just isn't something I'd like. Do you want to be on the front lines with a shield or watching over your group to keep them safe? This, I have no idea. See my earlier response of close vs far away. Will you be leveling with a friend or mostly on your own? If you're doing it with a friend, what are they planning to level, or have they not decided yet? On my own. I am going to try to catch up to my friend's Death Knight, eventually. Have you read about classes at all yet? If so, what stands out as interesting to you? Have you tried any classes already? I have tried many, like this mage, but it gets boring real quick. I have tried mistweaver, fun but it will be changing and losing everything I like. Druid I keep coming back to but I never get past lvl 25. Are you interested in the lore or story of Warcraft? Some classes have a lot of easily-absorbed lore while others are a little "less detailed" in their history. As mentioned before I would like a class with good, established and interesting lore. Interested in roleplaying at all? This goes with the previous question, but some races/classes are easier to roleplay as a newbie than others (with lots of history to adhere to). No, I will be playing on Greymane which is a normal low pop US server Do any of the races stick out to you as being attractive? Not every race can be every class, so if you have an early favorite (or if you really dislike one in particular) this can narrow things down. I hate worgens and I want to be alliance because my friend is alliance. Also, I'd like my character to look decent at the least and be male. Droe5
Jul 17 Jul 17 Jul 17 Jul 17