New Player Help and Guides

Jan 11, 2013 Class roles vs AoE attacks... So after ten years Ive decided to give this a whirl and in playing the 'free trial' so far I have made : 20 Worgen Hunter (just to figure things out) 20 Gnome Rogue 20 DarkElf Druid (farming herb/miniables) more to see which qulaifies as a good 'main' ... I cant help but notice a complete lack of 'multiple target' attacks on these classes... are these classes 1v1 only and if so which classes have a more rounded defensive dps? any insight is super appreciated ^^Shadowpeck4 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 laptop question Is this laptop good for running on wow ASUS G75 Series G75VW-BBK5 Notebook Intel Core i7 3610QM(2.30GHz) 17.3" 8GB Memory 1TB HDD Double-layer DVD+/-RW/CD-RW NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660MDainlan1 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Riding training, cost differences Newbie here. Just a comment on something that's a tad confusing to me. It seems to me that for each character I create, when I hit lvl 20 the initial cost of riding training (apprentice) is going up. First character paid about 1 gold. Next guy paid a little over 1G. Third one, almost 2G. I made a new character on a new server, identical to the mage I made on a different server. Have followed the same path of contacts, missions, etc and I checked on apprentice riding, a whopping 3G. A couple people I talked to said it revolved around your reputation. Since I'm on the same path with the same kind of toon as the previous server, I find it hard to believe that the cost is more than doubled. Surely my rep is approximately the same as before. Just curious if anyone else has experienced a similar situation?Dyrrin1 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Rested experience when account gets frozen Just have a little question: When your account gets frozen (no more game time), do your characters gain rested exp if they were logged off in a city or inn?Actonel6 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Kinda new to the game, help please. :) Well, as the title implies, I'm new to this game. Started playing just this Jan. 9, 2013 (currently still in my trial version. Don't want to buy the whole game YET unless I get the answers that I'm seeking. :) ) Anyway, here are my questions : 1. As for profession, I chose Tailoring. In the near future if I'll buy the whole game, when do you think should I level up my profession? Immediately while story questing or is it better to level it up when I cap at 90? (Still a long ways though.) 2. Honor Points. I saw that I was limited up until 4k Honor Points. What should I buy with them? 3. Vanilla Contents. Am I already left out in the game since I just started this MoP expansion and skipped the Vanilla Contents or is there still hope for me? 4. Any more tips you'd like to share with me? Since I'm new to this game, I really need your advices. Granted that I played Molten (man, I rue the day I didn't play the legit server in the first place), this and that are 2 worlds apart when it comes to the content. 5. Should I just power level since I'm just playing this now? Thanks in Advance guys!!Arothar11 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 A few more mage newb questions :) Hey guys - I asked a question a few days ago and got good info to play an effective mage - anyway at this time I'm not having any problems anymore but have a few additional questions that are slightly bothering me. 1: My main question is that mages are listed as the "Damage Dealers" and it doesn't seem to be that way when I see other classes in same level range vs same monsters. I'm using an arcane specialty. So I'm in Cape of Stranglehorn area attacking a gator(crocolisk), using arcane blast, first hit does ~220, second ~270, third ~340, fourth ~ 420, all the way up to around 580ish. Numbers could be slightly off and sometimes I have arc missiles etc. First attack is of course a free hit, second is fast because of presence of mind in best situation. In the crocs case, its dead on 5th or 6th hit and never reaches me because its slow. But tougher/faster enemies almost always can get within melee distance after 3rd shot because they don't die as easily, and the freeze blast wears off instantly after casting another spell, and they easily catch up after a blink - at which point I always take damage (10-15% of total health) before I just spam it with spells and kill it. While I have no problem killing things, it seems to take several rounds of attacks and quite a bit of planning. I'm not complaining, just observing. Anyway, some paladin level 33 or so joins up with me, goes up to the same type of gator, whacks it ONE time with a sword and its dead in like 1 or 2 seconds. This isn't the first time I've seen this either. Anyway, my question : is it normal for mages to be this weak compared to other melee classes? I've basically upgraded armor/gear as I collect it. Not using AH at this time (theres nothing really for low levels anyway). If mages are supposed to be the 'dps' class then why are these lower level melee types so much better? 2: While I'm on equipment - for mages, the DPS/damage listed for a weapon is virtually useless, correct? The listed number is only if you use the weapon to attack correct, and has no bearing on spells (i.e. a weapon with low attack but + 2/3 int is better than a higher dps damage with no int)? I ask because in Diablo 3 weapon power directly relates to spells, and thats of course a bliz game as well... And a 1hand + offhand with more int vs a higher dps staff with less int would always be better, correct (assuming no other stats on it)? Does +Hit benefit mages at all? 3: Finally, how the heck do you use glyphs? I can't seem to figure this out. What should I be glyphing as well? Someone said slow should go on arcane blast, but I don't see it in a glyph list? Is it related to the slow spell I have? Help me on this. Thanks a bunch!Denethenor10 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Recipes Can I buy Blacksmith recipes anywhere instead of finding them? and does it include all the recipes i can find in loots? Thanks.Rubberchops4 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 At what level can I get mount? topicDhaphyni9 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Im new and have a pvp gear question. Im a bit confused on what happens after a pvp season ends... Do the Conquest gears get reduced cost in conquest points? or do the current conquest point gear change to honor points? Im just a bit confused.Aiduhh1 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Have Artisan flying- where can I get a mount? Hello, I am so new here...I just purchased Artisan flying..and I have no idea where to purchase a flying mount. I am very new...and do not play often. My character's book says to see my trainer with the ARtisan flying? What trainer- I went to my Priest trainer and they had nothing to show about a flying mount...and I went to Origimmar- this is where I purchased ARtisan and Master flying...and there are no merchants selling mounts there for me....checked them all out and nothing. :((( Should I just buy one with real money?Sassarila11 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 BMAH Question I screwed myself on this before, so I figured I would ask 1. How long do the posting last for? I heard they go longer if people bid. 2. Is there a certain time of day that they get listed? 3. If i make a bid, and later decide to increase it (sleep, work) do I have to wait ot be out bid or can i just top it off?Mantaur8 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Horde player in Stormwind A few days ago I saw a Tauren player dancing in Stormwind, why didn't the guards attack him? I have no problem with horde players in SW, but I'm curious why he was right in front of the guards and they didn't attack him.Drusilla2 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Display/add on question Everyone in the game treats me like garbage because I am a noob. I get it, new players that are learning are annoying. But how I am I supposed to learn without asking questions? Were you not all annoying noobs at one time, even if it was six years ago? Geez. Ok, so I see screen cap after screen cap of different display set ups. People have their map down in a corner or in the middle of the screen, some people have like 20 lines for their different spells and weapons they can use. How do people do this? i have seen numerous posts about add ons and people suggesting them. But what are they? Are they free? How do you essentially 'add them on'? Is it a game hack? If it is a game hack, I don't want to do it in fear it will mess up my game. Just like how I don't want to jail break my iPhone. Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance. Please, no name calling and bashing because this question is stupid. I have had enough of that already by people.Hephzibah16 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Leveling 85-90 I was wondering can you level in disc just as good as shadow in pandaria? I am leveling in disc now and it does alot more damage then shadow plus the healing in dungeons is good to since i want to heal at 90.Zenadar7 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Should i do heroics at low level? Greetinngs my friends. This is something that led this young rogue's path to stand in a doubty mood. Should i do it? This is level 75 and after that, no more BC's heroic avaialable. And i cannot do it at this character anymore, i guess, which is unwanted because this will be my main toon and getting the achieves is kinda important. BUT, i see some mouths talking, that all character's achievement sum up to the account, and as long as i'm going to create a PvE Healer in future, if those words correspond the truth i shall give a f... to PvE and keep suffering on this crazy chaotic stressing thing called random BG. The ones who answer shall receive satan's blessing. Thank you very very much.Avpaulista3 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 I Just Hit 85 and Was So Excited To Raid But. My gear isnt high enough ? How can I fix this if I cant even que for a 85 dungeon to get higher gear am I just stuck where I'm at?Ogheman5 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Healbot vs Grid vs Vohdo Which add-on would you recommend? I realize that this is mostly about preference but I thought that there might be one in particular best suited to my needs because I need something that is 1. usable on an old computer 2. fairly user friendly to set-up and use this probably isn't relevant, but I will be playing a holy priestApridellice4 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 How do I get a hoodie on my character?? I see many people with robes with a hoodie on their head. How do I get that??Piruzo6 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 AH Deposit and Cut Is the Deposit and Cut the same across all realms? If so, shouldn't they be smaller for lower population realms so as to encourage more items to be listed? ThanksColdwar9 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Mount System I just got back from a 10 month break, and a lot is still new to me. After doing a lot of research and asking questions I still cant find/figure out my problem. Can someone tell me how the new mount system works for sharing mounts on your account? For example. I cant find my Swift Zulian Tiger (ZG orange tiger) on my 87 Tauren paladin. The mount is on a different server and obtained by a worgen priest. A link to an FAQ or something would be great if anything, other than that, cheers and thank you in advance!Qcumbers3 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Can I need on spirit items at lower levels? I was told not to need on intellect items with spirit, and so I've been greeding on all of them and letting the spirit-using classes take them, but this policy is making me very poor item-wise. I think almost every item I've encountered so far in a dungeon which has intellect has spirit. I haven't been able to need on practically anything, and so I haven't really gotten any rare items even after many dungeon runs. It's not very fun, to be honest. :( Should I just say screw it and start needing? Also, at what level do items with only intellect and no spirit start popping up frequently?Amelica6 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 What should I do if I die in a dungeon? I need a confirmation here. Assume I'm the only one dead and no one else dies. The best thing to do is to wait for the healer to resuscitate me, because all healers have a resuscitation ability, right? It's a bad idea to become a ghost and walk back into the instance? I tried doing that once but then I realized I would have a long way to travel to get to my teammates, and there might still be mobs between me and my destination, etc. Also, a side question: is the the Loot Rolls window supposed to automatically close? Because mine doesn't.Amelica8 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 super noob question :X ok i feel like a huge noob asking this, but it seems always the last guy back running through dungeons is their a key, or something that will make me run faster.Dillydust11 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Secondary Traits I am just wondering if anyone could shed some light on which secondary traits are most important to a death knight (After the obvious strength and stamina) I play as a frost death knight and am currently only doing dps, not tanking. I'm just not sure what traits will translate into getting better dps for raiding and instances, and I haven't really been able to find any current information on the subject (I rarely post as usually a quick google search will tell me what I need to know) so if anyone could shed some light on these secondary traits it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.Ruboneout2 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 heirloom help!!!!! i tried sending a herloom item through mail to my shaman but cause its a pandaren it said "target has not chosen a faction" does that mean i cant send something between my horde character and my alliance shaman?Ñarkólópz5 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 When does my mana stop regenerating so fast? Currently my mana regenerates crazy fast. I never need to drink. At what level does that taper off? Was the regeneration rate increased for lower levels? I might be remembering incorrectly, but I seem to recall the last time I played WoW - about 1.5 years ago - I was drinking regularly around this level between fights.Amelica3 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Brawlers guild more bosses in 5.2 pwreeez?Zexexe2 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Shadow Priest Arena Partner Question... I am returning to WoW, starting on a new server with a friend. They have a shadow priest main, and we are wanting to form a 2's or 3's comp. I'd prefer to play a caster, but I'm not sure which would work best (mainly with 3's) so that we just need 1 more player. I was leaning towards warlock or mage, but not sure. Any advice?Quilak10 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 battleground insignia's? just wondering if some one could explain if there's a point in removing them in a BG or just focus on the offence or defence, and also if there's a way to build honour point's faster would i guess im getting better at PvP's been getting in the top horde player's and have been the highest like twice, but a little stategy or help about undertanding BG's abit better would be a great help.Ñarkólópz9 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Gold! I have a question about gold. How do so many of y'all have so much gold. Like I was talking to a guild I was in and said how I thought those panther mounts were expensive and they were like thats not a lot of gold at all and start talking about how much they have. How do they have so much like how do you make gold? I have herbalism and alchemy and there both at 75. How do I make money with Alchemy? Or can you not really make money with alchemy? I wanted to do Jewelcrafting but I heard it takes like 17k gold just to level it. Please help me! Thank You in Advance!Ogheman19 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 What class should I level to 90 first for PvP Just coming back and I mainly want to PvP. Just wondering which of my 85s I should level up first? Which ever one requires the least effort to kill people is what Im looking for. So Lock is probably out because I had to use like 40 keybinds on her. This is my list of 85s: Priest DK Shaman Warlock I also thought about starting a Monk to play but I heard they were pretty horrible at PvP.Saiina2 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Name change Sup guys I really like the name I use, use it for almost everything.. The problem is I hate my class and I am very interested in starting a DK. Do I have to delete my char to use the name Loochi?? Rumor has it that if I name change I have to wait 3 months before I use the same name again...Loochi5 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 3 Questions about "Giving" Players: How to: 1) Give a ticket to a Darkmoon Fair barker? I want to play at the shooting gallary. I bought some tickets, but every way I try to play the game, the guy keeps telling me to buy tickets. I have tried various combinations of right click, left click, drag the tickets on to the guy... and nothing. Do I need to make the prizes first? If so, I have the bag of ingredients, but I can't figure out what to do with them. 2) Give a Lurking Worgen some medicine. I have a quest where I am supposed to give a Lurking Worgen some medicine. Again, right click, left click, drag the medicine onto him... nothing. One of us just ends up dead, but apparently I fail to administer the medicine. 3) Give a real players some thing. How do I initiate a trade with a real player?Igorrock5 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Leveling I was wondering how long it would take to level 1-80 if i did RAF? Thinking of buying the battlechest for 5$Loviblestacy5 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 whats a good healer.. uhmm just wondering, what a good healing class is that isn't all that complicated for a noob im currentley playing a hunter but i wanna be able to self heal cause i've been doing alot of BG's or i was kind of thinking a lock but i'm not entirely sure :c im not going for a druid just wanna see what people say about these pally shaman priest all helps appreciatedÑarkólópz16 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Items with very high buffs In the auction house I see several items for sale (expensive) that offer very high +'s On the order of 5,000 to 20,000 agility What affect does this amount of agility have on a hunter L31? ditto for stamina and other hunter improving traits?Reddervish28 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Mage or Warlock? I can't decide! Please, tell me the good things and the bad things about those classes!Vallaria15 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 New armour OK, i think i am actually doing really good, i got all blues and greens, and any armour i get from quests suck, so i just want to know where i get better stuffArithis6 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Pandaria Quest Itens Hi everyone I noticed that many quests in Pandaria give soulbound itens, like for example, Totem of Harmony, Cremating Torch, The Golden Banana and Ken-Ken's Mask. Does these Itens worth to be keep in my bag/bank? or can I throw them away without fear? =P tks everyone.Dogotaura7 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Vengeance cap I was recently told that Vengeance has a cap. Is this correct?Ayrithialya6 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 How do you invite to brawler's guild? Like the title says. I just managed to win a blood soaked invite earlier tonight, did some fights (got to rank 3. fun stuff), but I want to start getting my guild and alts in. How do I do this? Do I have to hit a certain rank first or buy an item or what?Mackenzy2 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Raids? Ok, im talking to friends and apperantly Raids are a big deal in wow, only got to lich king, can i do raids? how do i do them?Arithis4 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Against the Rules Name Someone told me that I can't have 'General' incorporated to my toon name... I didn't thought about that when creating my Monk. I've checked the Terms of Use to be sure (should have did in the first time...) and it is against... Now what should I do? Will my toon get into any trouble or even my account? I am a new player in WoW, and I have spent quite a lot of my loose time to level this toon, I don't want to lose it or anything. How do I proceed to change my name? Please, thanks.Généraltao12 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 im looking for a sever excuse me i would prefer playing in the cyclone battle-group, only interested in horde does anyone know the most horde populated sever in that battle group? ty for the helpThroth3 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 LFR what in the world does this mean? I feel stupid for asking. It wasn't in the codes sticky. ThanksFlickr9 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Addon for finding quests... Hello all, I found on icy-veins an application to help me find the list of quests I have not completed in a specific zone; but I was wondering the following : - Does an addon exist that will show me the quests in a zone which are not done yet AND show me the way to complete them (such as what quest before another) ? Thanks for your help!Drakco4 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 What just happened? http://i.imgur.com/pnCLD.pngWhat do I do?Lockpick4 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Mounts I'm level 20 and can't lear the ridding skill because I can't find the trainer, I have all WoW games from WoW to Mists of Pandaria, hope you can help!!Maioshi6 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 buying it Im on a trial account and it allows me to play as a death knight. how many levels on it can i level it up? and if i buy the account upgrade for 60$ that comes with all of the expansions will it also give me a free month?Loviblestacy6 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Fastest way to get from SW to Ashenvale? Thanks guys.Amelica3 Jan 9, 2013