Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios

Jan 14, 2012 Warmaster BlackHorn Help Hello so my 10m team is currently stuck on blackhorn for the 2nd week in a row, and i decided to come to the forums to ask for help. We have been watching videos and studying the fight as much as possible, we just dont know what we are doing wrong. We have been told by other people to let our shadow priest to soak twilight onslaught by himself via dispersion. One other problem is we also get overrun by melee adds, here is a link to our raid last night, the videos are broken into like 3 or 4 different parts. Thanks for the help in advance. http://www.livestream.com/xfire_shinji2009 p.s. trolls stay away plzRyuku24 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 LFR spec changing I REALLY think that Blizzard needs to implement a way to lock individuals into the spec/role they queued as. The more I run LFR the more I run into individuals queuing as healers for the shorter queue time yet them proceed to do the raid in a DPS spec and gear. This is not fair because then they get the role bonus for being healers on certain gear. There needs to be a way to lock you into a spec that is compatible with your role.Kailan23 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 LFR loot rules that need to be changed/fixed Sorry this will be pretty long but only due to the fact I am going to copying and paste my entire discussion that went back and forth of me and the GMs about LFR loot rules. I would like feedback on if you believe I have a right to be upset or not. Please give detail feedbacks. There is no need for the “QQ stop complaining” that is now how issues are fixed and change things. Fleshpeeler- How do you ALLOW a TANK to win "Gurthalak, Voice of the deeps"? They are only allowed to get a bonus of 100 points on shield and 1handing tank NOT a 2Hander that is USED by a DPS I am Reporting player "Overkill" From "Silvermoon" server and DEMAND that you take the 2hander from the tank who won it and give it to a DPS who needed on it and really needed it for an upgrade. Scrydaenz (Customer Service Representative) - Greetigns, Thank you for reporting this issue to the World of Warcraft Game Master Department. The Game Master support department strives to meet every request for restoration or reimbursement, however, there are situations in which we are unable to assist. Be aware that we are often unable to redistribute loot in situations where items have been looted incorrectly or against the group's wishes. **In general, the Game Master Department will not intervene in disputes about loot distribution.** The Need Before Greed loot system empowers players to advertise their level of interest for an item by choosing two values: "need" and "greed." It is the right of each party member to choose the value of an item as it pertains to their desires. While opinions may differ amongst the group in some cases, such situations are expected to be resolved via party discussion rather than through Game Master intervention. When using the Raid Finder, there is an additional element to ensure that items go to players who are actively filling their selected roles. Characters whose class can fill a role matching the intended spec of an item (tank, healer, physical DPS, magical DPS) will gain 100 points to their roll when choosing Need. Please note that the system has limitations; it cannot detect the exact stats a class prefers or the current spec of the player. To this end, we've implemented equip restrictions on many items to lock them to certain classes. Also please note that this system will only allow players to roll on items from the first kill of each boss per week. While you are free to kill the same boss multiple times using the Raid Finder, only the first from that week will be eligible for loot. We apologize for any inconvenience you've recently experienced while in a Dungeon/Raid Finder group, however, we will be unable to assist with the removal or redistribution of this item. For additional information, please review our article on "Ninja Looting" at http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/17761 Thank you for your time and understanding. *{1749-40997}* Fleshpeeler - that GENERAL response for everyone did NOT answer my question....How do you ALLOW a TANK who QUEUED as a tank be allowed to get the 100 point BONUS on a DPS 2hand sword? when he is a TANK NOT a DPS? he rolled need in spite to piss everyone off and laugh about it when he won...he should NOT have been allowed to get the 100point bonus on a DPS piece of gear when he is a QUEUED TANK!!!! He is not even spec'd as DPS....he is spec'd as Tank/Heals....So there was not even a REASON for him to need on it. Dellunde (Customer Service Representative) – Hi there! Thank you for contacting us! =) If you're in a raid finder raid as one of the below roles here is what you'll receive a roll bonus on: Tank: Agility Leather (for druids); Strength plate with tank stats on it; Trinkets with tank stats; Trinkets with Agility (for druids) Healer: Any appropriate caster gear without Hit, Trinkets that trigger on heals or beneficial spells DPS: Mostly everything that doesn’t have a tank stat on it, Spirit gear (for elemental shaman, shadow priest, and moonkin); Trinkets that trigger on damaging spells/melee hits Please review this page for more information: http://www.wowpedia.org/Raid_Finder If you feel that the functionality should be different, then please visit the World of Warcraft Forums (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/) and post a suggestion or discuss this issue with others. These forums are regularly monitored by the World of Warcraft development team. We apologize for any inconvenience. Sincerely, Game Master Dellund Fleshpeeler - You sir are talking mostly about GEAR.....I AM talking ABOUT a 2 HANDED weapon needed by a PALLY TANK. How is it he gets a BONUS for the 2HANDED weapon when he is a TANK and DPS need it over him? Pally TANKS use a 1HANDED WITH a SHIELD....... Fleshpeeler6 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 Interim LFR Loot Fix For a temporary solution to the disaterous LFR loot system.... You could make all the items in LFR BoE That way if a person rolls need..it is soulbound to them and can't be traded, sold, or given to guildies Might have to make it where they can't be disenchanted tooTaobender15 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 Dungeon Deserter? O.o Okay someone may need to explain this one to me. Is this new for dungeons and raids? I know I've played quite a few dungeons now...maybe only quit like..3-5 max? Well just got done doing Blackrock, or so I thought. Stupid thing popped up for queuing up. You know when your pt is short a few members so it asks what role you are playing, so it can fill the rest of the spots. Well I said I was healer. Well I guess the dungeon guide for my group actually re-queued us together for another dungeon? wtf? >.> So not only that was weird but was a dungeon I've done like 4 or 5 times and didn't want to do it, so I bailed. And now I got dungeon deserter for half hr? Really? Seems a bit intense D:Birgetsuzie1 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 Another complaint about LFR So Blizz, as you know, we the players are upset with some things involving LFR. My complaint is about one thing in particular. Recently I had the unfortunate experience to join a group that consisted of 20 people from the same guild and server in which players were need rolling on items they didn't need to give to others. Personally I feel this is wrong and I think a large portion of the player-base would agree. And here is my suggestion: Make those items soul-bound when someone wins a roll rather than allowing them to be traded. Assuming things are working properly, there is no chance for something such as a cloth belt to go someone such as a plate wearer, it cannot be looted improperly and there is no loot master involved. It wouldn't be a full-proof plan but I feel it might discourage players from doing such a thing. Thoughts? I know I am pissed but this is a growing problem I'm hearing more and more frequently.Alchameer61 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 This is why LFR is stupid. Check my armory.Stiggzlol18 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 Thoughts on Heroic Raiding .... Heroic modes are fantastic and a lot of fun. I enjoy progressing through them as a guild. But I wonder why people subject themselves to this punishment. I love gaming and all, don't get me wrong. I love the "thrills" of achieving something difficult with your friends. I even enjoy flaunting my successes to lesser beings. Take a look at a few of these posts, written by Hardcore 5 Nights 25 Hours a Week raiders and their adventures with Heroic Ragnaros and Heroic Spine and their ilk - http://fallingleavesandwings.wordpress.com/2011/10/25/are-400-pull-kills-good-design-are-they-fun/ http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3881879025?page=1 Look, here's a post only a month after Cataclysm came out detailing the ridiculousness - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1922569671?page=3#49 All of the responses seem to be negative. These players seem obligated to beat it to satisfy some sort of need or desire without actually wanting to go through the process. They do it because they 'should' do it. And they don't enjoy a minute of it. I'm sure I can find many more examples of these - but there is no need. (Also, the old wow forums archive don't exist anymore). Each tier is decried as the 'worst ever.' And it's kind of hard to argue with this - the evidence is abundant. You get heroic modes that are literally identical to the normal mode except it has +1 mechanic. Oh and don't forget to throw in more health and more damage. Even the bosses in some cases are re-skins of older models. An example of a great heroic mode is Omnotron Defense System. When you toggle this fight to Heroic - it completely changes the encounter. Deathwing adds a new mechanic to each golem. It's also random as to what combination of golems you get. This creates dozens of complex scenarios that requires thinking on the fly as opposes to copy/paste a tactic found on Learn2raid. It's also very unforgiving. A single messup can result in four or five raiders dying. But this doesn't mean that there isn't leeway. Communication and cooldown management can get you out of tight spots. All and all - this is my favorite encounter of the whole expansion. Unfortunately - it seems fewer and fewer encounters are released like Omnotron Defense System. Blizzard is having a harder and harder time of defining true difficulty and is quite obviously running out of ideas of how to challenge players. I think we've gotten smarter since 2005, the community is better. In lieu of clever ideas for new game mechanics - Blizzard resorts to the old tried and true. Increase boss/raid damage. Increase enemy health pools. Throw in an add rush or two. Add an enrage timer. Add a binary pass:fail mechanic. <--- This last one is really the key. For this whole expansion (and in reality, since patch 3.2) Blizzard's best way of making a fight challenging is to throw in additional binary pass:fail mechanics. For example ... Lich King encounter - dodge Defile or Wipe. Dispel disease or wipe. Soak Vile Spirits or wipe. Anub'arak encounter - kite Impale or wipe. Heal Penetrating Cold or wipe. Nefarian - interrupt Blast Nova or wipe, run out with Explosive Cinders or wipe. Ragaros - dodge Sulfuras Smash or wipe, kill Son of Flame or wipe, dodge Molten Seed or Wipe, Dodge World in Flames or wipe. Et cetera, Et cetera, Et cetera. The latest flavor of this is "Spine of Deathwing. Kill Burning Tendon in 23 seconds or wipe." I really encourage you all to read the links I posted at the beginning of this post. Ask yourselves this question - "Is the experience rewarding enough in it's own endeavor?" Remember, what matters more is the journey and not the finish line! If anything ... you should never want to reach the finish line! That means that the journey is over! That means that the fun ends :( I love raiding .... but to an extent. Everything in moderation. To require 500 attempts to defeat an encounter ... which is for all intents and purposes something that I have already beaten ... does not inspire much motivation.Octaevian94 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 LFR Experiment. Who's With Me? Bueller? I'm going to join LFR again this week and try this out and see how it goes. I'm going to make a macro to use at the start of any boss fight that will state: /say I will initiate a vote kick on anyone winning an item with a need roll who already has that item or a better item equipped! I figure it will either catch on or I'll get kicked. I'll report back this weekend or try it yourselves and report back.Sarvan61 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 LFR, Positive Thoughts The notion to allow all players, no matter their skill level experience all the content in the game is excellent. When the majority of the subscribers get to experience the game content it must be very rewarding to the people who design this game - they are the ones, not the l33t players, that need to be recognized. If you really think about it, if only a small portion of your subscribers are ever getting to the end content, why devote so much development time toward that? Blizzard is a business, not a caterer to l33t players. With that in mind, they did a great job in rewarding the best players and organizers to obtain specialty mounts and the best gear stats. Aren't you satisfied with that? This is a game for entertainment purposes, when it becomes more then that, you have a serious issue. I like looking for raid because in my old guild I could only ever get my best toon into the raid, and then never ever completed any tier set. Coordinating schedules amongst friends so that everyone was available is a nightmare. And for those of us with alts, LFR is fantastic with few exceptions. On more then one occassion, I have been in a group where one person gets multiple drops of the same item OR needs something only to use it to trade it for something else. This sucks. Also, one of our guildies has outright quit WoW because he has watched this practice and never got a drop. I suggest that instead of getting 250 valor points per raid, that you get 75 per boss. If you get one of the drops, you do not get the Valor points and it counts toward the weekly total. This notion that you can only 'need' on your spec is ridiculous too. Get rid of dual spec, then it will be fair. See how many healers you have then! If someone participates and a encounter is completed, everyone should have an opportunity receiving a reward. Or see above, you forfeit the valor points for the gear! Needless to say, nearly all of my small guild has gone to another game. If I didn't have a years subscription I would too, at least until MoP comes out. I really hope that Blizzard makes something amazing, because the competition is getting good.Daelyte0 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 Exploiting the Odds, The Real Numbers It doesn't take long to figure out that this forum is full of some very intelligent people, I have come to respect and appreciate your replies, they are often well thought out and voiced ( mostly ). In fact when I was first directed to this forum by a CSR and I started whining about Guild Hoarding in LFR many of you almost had me convinced I was wrong, especially when you started talking about the odds and numbers when it came to winning LFR loot, made a lot of sense to me. There is a very convincing arguement out there that a person's odd's ( DPS ) will always be 1/17 no matter how many guild members roll for one another, but this only happens when people do not abide by the Need B4 Greed rule and all 17 roll " need ". I am not smart enough to figure out offspec rolls and role bonuses, so we'll just work with 17 dps rolling on LFR Loot Let's say an Item drops that is an upgrade to 2 of the 17 dps when people abide by the need b4 greed rules, only the 2 people for whom the item was an obvious upgrade would roll " need " 2 need rolls, each person has a 1/2 ( 50% ) chance of winning the drop What if one of the people had a guildie in there rolling for them that didn't really need the item, but was there to roll for them Now there are 3 need rolls, the first person now has a 1/3 ( 33% ) chance of winning while the guildie has 2/3 ( 66% ) chance of winning...........3 guildies = 1/4 chance vs 3/4 chance And with each subsequent guildie rolling, the odds get more and more skewed for the Guildies they are essentially cheating them out of his/her odds of winning, while exploiting the system and inflating their own chances To me this is very serious and dishonestTaobender16 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 22, 2012 Fizzcrank forming Herald of Titans group <Broken Saints> of Fizzcrank is hosting a new group for a Herald of the Titans run, planning to start running Ulduar 10 and ICC heroics to build up gear sets in approximately two weeks time. If you aren't familiar with the achievement: http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=3316/herald-of-the-titans Basically what the achievement entails is to defeat Algalon the Observer - the hard mode boss in Ulduar - on 10man mode, with no one in the raid above level 80, or wearing gear of a higher item level than 226. It is difficult, and it will take time to level and gear a group, let alone down Algalon. We don't have many requirements to join the group, at least not at first, all we ask is: - Be prepared to do it. Levelling a character to 80 can be gruelling, and we totally understand, but it will only be irritating if someone signs up, only to be level 42 in two months time when we want to start running. - Be prepared to listen. People who do their own thing despite nine people yelling at them in vent are pretty annoying. - Don't be annoying. This achievement will require quite some time spent together, and the last thing I want is one person driving the rest of us mad. If you're interested in completing this achievement, and earning a prestigious title, please post your name and role below, or send in-game mail to War. I'll welcome anyone, whether you server transfer, or faction change, but I *do not* wish to be held accountable for any fees. Currently we have 2 mdps, 2 healers, and a tank. Thanks.Äbaddon3 Jan 22, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 Kicking from LFR and LFR Looting I was in the fall of deathwing tonight and I brought a bunch of my guild with me. As soon as we got on the boat part and was about to finish it up we wiped. The Twilight Onslaught hit and a few people hung out on the sides of boat to get the drakes down and didn't move into it. After we wiped the people who didn't move in kicked all the heals out of the group. Calling them "baddies" (childish thing to say about anyone). I think this is wrong in all sense of the word. There shouldn't be a vote to kick. They booted people who had 3.5 and 1.4M in heals. Another thing that I believe should be fixed NOW not later is the loot. People see what they want isn't there and leave and the rest of us don't get anything due to it. You should make it so that if they leave the raid without rolling they auto pass without a timer. Comment if you agree about any of this.Neruil3 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 Easier way to see epic drops? I'd like to see something like that in raids or even dungeons to where if an epic piece of loot drops off a trash mob, it should have a purple-like glitter effect to let you know an epic dropped. It would be helpful so we dont have to search through all the trash just to see if an epic piece dropped or not. Neoprime10 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 Heroic ICC 25 man buggy? Hello My issue is that today i ran a Heroic ICC 25 man and cleared 10/12 on heroic and not 1 shard dropped. Yes i have the quest chain. Yes i have looted shards before. I have seen usually 5-7 shards a week and that is part normal part heroic. Wowhead states that the heroic shards are like a 50-89% drop per boss on heroic. I paged a gm and he stated that the loot table shows no shards at all,( I was hopng my end was bugged or something). So is there a bug or something with ICC and these shard drops as of now? Or did i really roll 0-10 drop on a 50-89% chance per boss?Crimefightar1 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 Unique Rules & Rolls I recently made a post In-Game as well as Support Ticket via Battle-Net. The post is about changing the way Loot Rolling is Evolving or not. Currently I am looking at my Mage In-Game at a trinket I received during the Halloween Event called Mithiril Stopwatch, this is a Unique-Equipped Item, meaning I can only have one Equipped at a time, yet while the event was on the item was classified as Unique as in only One in my Inventory. Well with these new rules on the Random 5 Man Groups there are a number of problems erupting, players unable to be booted for many reasons, 4 players from one guild Needing on items to give their Guildie even if it means robbing the 5th person of any loot and the worst scenario Players Needing on Items they currently have Equipped yet are Unique such as the "Foul Gift of the Demon Lord" a Unique Trinket that cannot be Reforged yet players who own one will Need on the Item simply to be jerks or rob another player of the item. The Rules on Rolling need to Evolve with the Random 5 Man Groups. Their needs to be a change in Rolling and my idea is simple and I believe easy to accomplish: NEED Main Spec (Current Spec is always considered Main Spec as far as 5 Man Groups are concerned). NEED Off Spec (Spec not Currently Used) GREED (same as always) PASS (same as always) DISENCHANT (when available same as always) Also include the Unique Items Equipped or in Bags the Best a Player could hope to Roll on would be NEED Off Spec as that Character already owns One of the Items and thus allowing players whom do not Own the Item a Chance to Win on an Honest NEED Roll. Also this would mean that items such as Tanking Shields would only be available as a NEED Main Spec to one person, The TANK or a Healing Item only Roll-able by the Main Spec Group Healer. It would also eliminate a lot of favoritism that those 3-4 Players LFG Groups Robbing the Tank, Healer, or DPS Slot they require to do the Instances their just reward. This new variation is completely fair and just, and by no means would it harm the game, if anything it would help eliminate some trouble. I am hoping that since this is Customer Support that this would be the ideal place to post this in hopes that the Dev's might see and read this. Below is the description given to me by Game Master Nesmosse, Customer Services: Thank you for your followup. Please keep in mind that "Unique" and "Unique-Equipped" are different rules. "Unique" means you can only have one of an item in your inventory, whereas "Unique-Equpped" means you can have as many as you'd like in your inventory, but only equip one at a time. In other words, this is not presently considered to be an exploit. Even though this isn't considered to be an exploit though, our developers who have the power to make the changes you are requesting are always open to suggestions and feedback about the game, and they would love to hear you constructive feedback about this looting mechanic.Captamerica4 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 Why can't I que for a random dungeon...? Ok.. I don't know if this is a bug or what.. I am hoping I can get someone to enlighten me and maybe help solve my issue.. I opened a ticket MANY hours ago and of course I got no response... so I am turning to people on the forums... Here is my situation... I am trying to que for a regular non-heroic random dungeon on my 85 Night Elf Mage... I have item level 293... and I know that 272 is the minimum required to run a regular random dungeon... the problem is when I que.. it tells me this: "you are now queued in the dungeon finder" Then RIGHT below it says: "You do not meet the requirements for the chosen dungeons". I need to run regular randoms so I can get justice points to get better gear so I can then run heroics... I am going out of my mind here because I want to play my Mage... Can someone PLEASE help..? Thank you...Larken23 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 Shadow Fang Keep Why when you finish the dungeon Shadow Fang Keep, does one not receive the message “Dungeon Complete" banner and the musical completion sound? I always wonder if there is more after the Lord Godfrey kill. Shouldn't this happen as it does on other dungeon?Bluesmokey1 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 LFR please... Stop putting me in half finished groups. ThanksGuenhwyvaria4 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 Save last RDF dungeon setting As soon as I hit 80, the RDF defaulted to random Cataclysm Dungeon. I can't queue for Cata dungeons because my ilvl is too low. I have to go and change it every single time to something I can actually queue for (wrath heroics at this point). It's getting really irritating. It would be nice if it defaulted to something that I can actually queue for. Ideally, I'd like it to save the last set of dungeons that I queued for. If I choose wrath heroic, then next time I queue for the RDF I want to see wrath heroic selected and not random Cata dungeon. When I hit 81, then default to random Cata dungeon since I can no longer queue for wrath heroics. Saving the last set of dungeons will help when I'm starting to gear at 85 as well - I wouldn't be surprised if it defaulted to something I don't feel like I'm ready for (e.g., pvp ilvl 355 while my equipped pve ilvl is 340, and it'd default to hour of twilight heroics). It'll be annoying having to change it every single time again.Cosi0 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 How often can I raid? Okay, here's a question from a long time casual, first time raider (thanks to LFR). I'm trying to go for my Time Lord's Regalia because it looks awesome and I finally get to see end game content. So, what's the fastest I can try to get my gear? How long can I expect to take to get it? Any advice for trying to get gear faster? It seems to me that I can only attempt to get gear from each boss once a week - is that right?Hydrow13 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 lfr raids and lag Is anyone else having super bad fps in the new raids , my ms home and world are both under 100, but i had to play the whole fall or deathwing at 3 or less fps, so when someone decided to give away a weapon they didnt need and i did they gave it to someone else, cuz i waS A BADDIE. Not because i even died once or stood in fire but because I couldent even hit a spell more ythan once every 2 sec or so. I tried the same fixes i was told for za/zg i disabled all my addons cept dbm, quartz and recount but still nothing. Does anyone know any possible solutions I could try? thanks for any help.Margrave3 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 This isnt about LFR. Srsly it isn't. I spent my morning (7:00-9:00) trying to find people for a BH10. My guild is a night-time guild so none of them could attend. We had just won Tol-Barad so I thought that would be a good time to start up a raid...WRONG. It took me two hours to fill, 3 people afk/2 people ninjalogged. I gearchecked everyone (yes, BH10 on my server is srs bsns because of high amount of bads). All seems good, everyone has the appropriate levels. I explain the fight to the tank (just incase, because hey..you never know). He understands the mechanics he tells me. The first time we wipe because he doesn't taunt, okay I can handle that you know? Just rinse and repeat. So all is swell the second time around. She isn't going down as fast as I would hope and then DBM is like "LOLURDPSISBAD" and she goes into rage mode. So..all of my members were geared, and only two of them passes 10k dps (22k and 15K <- myself) I had to halt all DPS because my offtank could not handle my aggro. TLDR: Is there anyway to avoid getting baddies into your group? Have we yet found a way to skip over this problem without getting a competent guild group together(Which could take a day and does not fit my hours). I disbanded the group as soon as I saw the DPS chart, would like not do that whole thing again -_-.Flagcarrier27 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 Whats up with Warlord? This boss cracks me up. Morchock 1 shot Yor'sahj 1 shot Hagara 1 shot Ultraxion 2 shot Warlord 2..........Hour wipe fest! Are we alone?Dwarves17 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 Increase drops for Firelands Legendaries! It's taking forever to finish legendaries and by the time MoP comes out we MIGHT have three completed. It's also getting increasingly harder to get people to attend firelands so half the time we end up just doing normals. We already had one guy with a legendary just quit playing WoW for Star Wars. >_> I also would like to not be running firelands for all of eternity lol. We were a 10M guild that formed rather late so I'm sure that didn't help us at all.Síeara40 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 Question about Heroic Dungeons I'm new to WoW and was wondering how are you able to do Heroic Dungeons?Hunterrite4 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 Add JP to LFR? So, I was thinking the other day as to why I run 5-man dungeons so much even after my valor cap compared to LFR. I have fun with the dungeons and LFR, but you only gain coins from LFR after doing it the first time. Could we get ~300-400 JP or something like that approximately for doing it more than once, like in dungeons? It would give people some incentive to keep going simply because they like the content...and will put out less people just going to need on everything.Bealina6 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 4-class tokens with the most popular classes It's starting to get a little ridiculous here with Vanquisher tokens...especially in LFR groups, but even in my normal raid groups it's not so fun either. Druids, DKs, Mages and Rogues seem to be the most popular classes in the game - just about every LFR group I get into no matter what character I'm on at the time is comprised mostly of those 4 classes, druids taking the cake by far. That said - when you have just about half (if not more) of the group all rolling on the same token (and usually only one Vanq will drop while several others that nobody even needs drop) it kind of takes the joy out of it. It was ok for WotLK to take a bow and have the 4-class token but I was kind of hoping in Cata they'd have given us a break. I fear to see MoP when Monks come into play. IMO the system for doling out tier tokens needs an overhaul.Phaidrae19 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 LFD/LFR Queue Wait Suggestion Instead of just showing average wait time, how about showing how many healers, tanks and dps in current queue and where I stand in my particular selected role? May be 3 queue colored bar and a line to show my relative position. On mouse over actual count and my position number. I think this'll give more realistic view on the wait time, instead of just staring at the average time, which keeps changing low to high to low pretty much randomly. For example, last night I was in LFR queue for around 40 mins, when the average wait time initially showed 9, then after some time 12 and then finally 18 when I got my raid grp (remember at that point i was 40 min in queue). So in those cases, when wait time goes past 'average' time, we keep wondering any moment now, any moment now..and then keep waiting like that forever without any idea on what the hell is going on with the queue.Elvorin4 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 To Many Druids In LFR: Ok well every LFR group I have joined have plenty druids.. to the point where all the healers are druids and that's really just insane.. And that should deffinatly be looked in to...Just saying.Moonsian36 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 LFR - allow zoning in during combat Haven't seen a thread on this yet.. My queue popped just now, I accept, but it doesn't zone in (presumably the others started combat while my Acecpt window was up). Stuck in org while everyone else is killing the boss.. Lusignan0 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 ppl queing heals but dpsing instead & vv WOW needs to find a way to fix this. I have been in two raids today and found where someone qued as dps but was healing and needing on dps gear (and winning). Or, they were queing as heals and dpsing instead so they could win healing gear. This is basically cheating those of us that que as heals or dps and heal or dps out of gear we need.Kimila14 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 Clarify a common sense issue Just to keep it simple: 1. I queue as a tank with the satchel present, the queue pops and I enter the dungeon with a satchel present for the extra reward. 2. Go through the entire run with no kicks and no issues. 3. Right before the last boss some random person has to leave so drops and another is found. 4. No satchel is given. I am trying to understand why I would not receive my reward for filling a role in short supply when I did as promised and completed the entire run. The only reason I queue as tank is for the satchel. Trying to understand why I would be penalized for another's decision.Metankgood22 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 [10 man] Your guild's heroic kill order? What order after Morchok did you tackle heroics and the most important part: why It appears that we will be doing Yor'sahj first but I'm not sure where to move from there; zon'ozz v ultraxion v hagara I hear with recent resistance fixes it might be better to skip zon'ozz Xjennyxxi12 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 Do you really think we're THAT stupid, Blizz? Time and time again, as I journey on rolling the dice for some satchel drops I decide to queue for a random cata heroic or HoT. "Hopefully it'll be a sporebat, or a phoenix hatcling, or one of the other companion pets / mounts I'd like to collect!" I foolishly tell myself. It usually ends up being agility pots. But meh... I've gotten a few lucky rolls thus far. (I'm not complaining about dice - I'm pointing out your strange design change with the latest patch. I realize I'm probably not the first to voice this concern.) And at an alarming rate of increase, time and time again I see the queue pop up and the CTA satchel icon disappear shortly thereafter. I will admit, there is a large portion of the playerbase who would not notice such obvious trickery, and/or who are alt-tabbed out waiting for it to pop... probably mostly healers and tanks. But I'm not that ignorant. It used to be that joining a queue with the CTA highlighted meant a guaranteed satchel (barring, of course, the initial glitches and design flaws and whatnot when CTA launched)... Fix it. Stop wasting our time. EDIT: Because it almost seems like you're trying to take advantage of satchel hunters as well.Tyrrannus8 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 H Zon'ozz?.... What happened? Was the buff to his damage intentional?Desi13 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 Challenge mode for Ulduar? Please make a challenge mode for Ulduar so that players over level 80 can do Herald of the Titans. I tried to get a group to do this achievement during ToC and ICC but no one wanted to spend the time to get the required gear (partly due confusion on what ilvl counted towards the achievement) unless I faction switched to Horde which is difficult for a poor college student. If you made a challenge mode for Ulduar that dropped all your gear to the appropriate item level it would make doing this achievement easier to prepare for. If the level difference makes it easy, drop our level down so that combat ratings are not so high.Shaax0 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 Possible to make VP into JP? I know your probably wondering why would you do this so I will explain. I can't raid right now, between work an college, it simply can't happen. I don't want to LFR because it is about as fun as watching paint dry and offers no rewarding feeling for beating it since it requires little to know actual skill. This makes Valor points worthless to me. No, less than worthless, because they impede my getting JP, since I need to do the weekly VP runs in dungeons and LFR to get at bonus JP for LFD completions. What I want to do that would be fun is level alts, and I would really like to do so with Hierlooms. So, I want to know is there anyway at all possible to turn my VP into JP? What this game has to offer right now for me is really low since I'm not raiding, and its mechanics that focus on raiding as the main end game thing is only furthering to create a strong dislike for me, since it stops me from doing what I want to do.Swaggles16 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 Sapper and other random q's --Can the sapper be gotten out of the smoke bomb or whatever faster? It hasn't been wiping us but it's annoying. --Does going into the normal realm drop beacon of light or anything else on Ultraxion? --Do Dreadblade Slayers cleave? The tooltips all say no, but I've got some anecdotal evidence that they do. Could be threat though. --Are there any times you ignore a sapper or twilight onslaught to raise dps --Is heroic blackhorn absolutely stupidly hard and require everyone to be in 3 places at once? --Does blackhorn have a berserk timer starting from when he drops or from when the encounter starts? I was thinking of toying with the last drake to regen some mana and get everyone squareCarlrov5 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 Ultraxion Trash Here is an idea.. maybe make the dragons land so that melee and tanks can hit them. Tanks are losing aggro cause inability to hit and cause aggro. Melee are making failed attempts at hitting these drakes. Can we please do something to fix this its very annoying and because of this it makes the trash a lot longer than desired. I think i speak for everyone when i say we dont want to spend more time downing trash than downing the actual boss encounter. Temptationz14 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 Tier Token Suggestion Howdy folks, Problem I have seen a lot of threads talking about how tier tokens are going for offspec or disenchant when there are a bunch of other classes in the raid who could use the comparable token drop for main spec. This seems quite common in 10 mans, where only 1 token of each slot appears per week. Solution Perhaps, if tokens were given as such, it might be better: A token drops that can be used by (three? four?) randomly chosen classes who are in the raid for the kill. It would still be "randomized", but there would no longer be tokens dropping for Pally/Priest/Lock when there are zero Pally/Priest/Lock in group. Furthermore, groups will get to focus on bring the player, not the class. What paladin tank wants to join a 10 man raid group that already has 1 disc priest, 1 holy pally, 1 demo lock, and 1 affliction lock? You'd guarantee that half the raid would be rolling on any current eligible token! With my suggested new method, the pally tank will feel comfortable joining, because a token can drop for Paladins that could also have randomly assigned Warrior and Rogue eligibility. Would love to hear your thoughts.Siswai4 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 BoA and TOC So im trying to get better gear becuase my character is a bit of a mess atm as far as gear is concerned trust me i know LOL. But i am trying to do ToC but it says that my iLvL is too low. Im not sure if this has been said before but I noticed that my BoAs are item level 1. I have quite a few BoA on my toon and am wondering how I do ToC with a couple of lvl 1 gear equiped? -Thanks, Vel.Veleina3 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 Raid Lockout Question I wasn't sure how to phrase this when searching for threads or on Google, so I thought I'd put the question to this helpful forum: With the shared lockouts between 10 and 25 manned versions of raids, is the following possible: Go into Ulduar raid with the 10 man setting on and clear entire dungeon except the final boss. Leave raid, change difficulty to 25 man, and then down final boss? Darsmora1 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 Raid suggestion. I've been away from these forums for a while and it seems the "Suggestions" thread is gone or hidden. I LOVED that thread. anyway.. I'd like to toss a suggestion here as it's raid related. I LOVE how Blizzard either forgot or intentionally left the Molten Core port in. I would love to see npcs near each Raid portal with an opportunity to port me in so I don't have to multi-box, ask a friend or bug a guildie. I would be more than happy to pay a 10-25g port fee to the npc. Here's my suggy: Place a "Raid Explorer NPC" near each raid portal. upon talking to this npc you would get one or more of the following options like the MC Npc. "Transport me to the normal <name> please" <10/20/25/40> "Transport me to the Heroic <name> please" <10/25> These would be correct to the raid ie 40 for mc/bwl, 10 for AQ10, etc.. If normal is chosen another box could pop up with a fee of say 10g to port. For heroic, it can be 25g or make it free, up to Blizzard. You would then get a 2 hour persists through death buff called "solo raider" which allows you to rezone if you die. Anyway I know it would be easier to just get a friend and group for free, but this would be great for the soloists that prefer to not bother other players -)Shantai0 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 LFR loot rules changing in patch 4.3.2 For everyone complaining about current LFR loot rules, they will be changed soon. Hopefully these are the changes you have been waiting for. World of Warcraft Patch 4.3.2 Classes: General Vengeance is no longer triggered by receiving damage from other players. Druids The Tier 13 Balance Druid 4-piece bonus now also increases the damage of Starsurge by 10%, in addition to its current effect. Hunters Aspect of the Hawk now grants roughly 35% more attack power. Deterrence now also reduces damage taken by 30% while active. Black Arrow now ticks every 2 seconds for 20 seconds, as opposed to every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. The total damage dealt by the ability is unchanged. Lock and Load no longer benefits Arcane Shot, nor is it consumed by Arcane Shot. Mages Fireball damage has been reduced by roughly 6%. Pyroblast damage has been reduced by roughly 6%. Paladins Holy Radiance now costs 40% of base mana, up from 35%. Priests Mass Dispel should again prefer dispelling targets that have magic effects that can be dispelled. Dungeons & Raids You can now form same-faction raids with Real ID friends, allowing you to enter Raid Finder in groups larger than 5, run older normal or heroic raids, or participate in Battlegrounds. You will not yet be able to run normal or heroic Dragon Soul with cross-realm raids of Real ID friends. Several typo fixes and clarified descriptions have been added to the Dungeon Journal entries for Dragon Soul. Players can no longer win multiple copies of the same item on a single Raid Finder boss kill. For example, a player who chooses Need on two set piece tokens or two weapons and wins the first, will not be eligible for the second on that particular boss.Aarcadius20 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 Consume Flesh bugged? I'm playing my mage, farming reg SFK for wool cloth kindof absent-mindedly, when I realize that my low health warning is going off. I naturally go into panic mode and blow all my cooldowns...to kill a pack of level 19 elites. Apparently the ghouls there have an ability called "Consume Flesh", and it was hitting me for about 13k a hit? Is this a bug?Complete2 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 For Heaven's Sake, Fix LFR The idea that LFR brought was pretty interesting, making raiding an option to players who either don't raid or don't have the skill/time. It is possible to gear yourself some pretty nice gear right? Most certainly not. When I did LFR today, I lost some AGILITY boots to a BALANCE Druid. Nice right? This isn't the first time either, oh no the list goes on. Here are some of my personal ideas to at least ATTEMPT to fix LFR (post your ideas too!) -PvP gear should count as 0 item level in LFR or LFG Why? I'm not trying to tickle my own peach but I'm pulling 35k dos when these people who are rocking PvP gear aren't getting passed 10k -A minimal of 15k AVERAGE DPS must be pulled or you can't queue for LFR. Why? Really? No matter the class if you know your "priority system" you can do more than 15k.... -You can only roll on gear that you entered the LFR group with. Why? I'm not losing agility boots to a Balance Druid. Neither is anybody else losing a piece of gear to someone who will barely use it. -"YOU NEED TO HAVE THE IQ OF THE F****NG MUFFIN I ATE FOR BREAKFAST" Why? Blizz you added your own little DBM, people still are too stupid to read it, if they don't follow the mechanics of then game there is a penalty. Longer queue times, and it resets monthly. -Yo solamente hablo espanol. I'm tired of being in a LFR where the language barrier is too severe to get anything done. -You can't roll on a piece of gear you already have. Why? Last week a Death Knight rolled on my tier helm, he had his helm already. At the end of the boss fight, I quote "selling that tier helm if ne1 wants, 8k." What the fudge, he makes a profit and also makes WoW fair -----------//-------------//----------------------//------------------//-----------------//------------//------ Please excuse my ranting but it just gets me so annoyed when any of this happes. I understand people can't comply to all of these "laws" but in the next fix please, please make LFR more srict or better yet just trash it. If people want to raid so bad try looking for a guild or maybe you can pug it. Sincerely, Crizzle Crizzle23 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 Mind If I Need for Off-Spec ? I just read an excellent post by Maltharis in the Thread : LFR is Awesome...But ( check it out if you haven't already, it's worth the read )...He got me to thinking I remember a time, it seems like only a couple of months ago, when I would often be in a 5 man pug and a party member would wait for everyone else to roll, then if everyone else had rolled greed or disenchant, you would hear that person ask, " Mind if I need for Off-Spec ? " Those were good times...gud timez I have only played for a couple years, but for those couple of years, 99% of the pugs I was in, people respected the Need B4 Greed Decorum...if someone rolled need on an item that wasn't an upgrade ( which rarely happened ) it was considered rude and innappropriate... and that person was promptly kicked. Then Came LFR........ And although everyone keeps saying " it's not about the loot bra...content, I stole your content, you butt hurt ?? " Well if it's not about the loot, why has everyone thrown the Need B4 Greed Code out the window.....so they can get their digits on some loot ?? Seriously, what happened to us ?Taobender6 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 Madness of Deathwing What health do the aspects kill Deathwing (not the percentage, but the exact health amount)?Spices10 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 LFR loot is not fair at all I rolled a 191 on Guthrak voice of the Deep and another pally rolled a 180 and won the item I really think they need to fix this system. This is the 2nd time this happened to me and I have had friends with the same issues. Please fix this system its bad enough with the disconnects atleast get the rolls right.Ezmode3 Jan 13, 2012