Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios

Jan 9, 2012 LFR QQ, This is what you are asking for Announcing LFR buffs to meet the demand of 'casual' players wanting harder content. Tuesday reset happens, your happy now that it'll be challenging, you get excited! You grab your red bull or monster, grab a fresh pack of smokes and que. Scenario 1: You enter a DS in LFR. The mix of classes are pretty imbalanced, 5 resto shamans, 1 resto druid, 7 paladins, etc etc. You've seen it before. But you shrug it off and proceed to killing trash. You move forward, 5 people are AFK at the start. You think, well, they'll join us at the boss so no biggie. You make your way to the boss and charge in! Good, seems to be going somewhat well. But man, is his health going down slow. You look at your dps meter and realize there are only two people above 20k, a good number between 17 and 19k and the rest hovering 15k or below. But we should be ok right? The fight progresses, the 5 afk from the start has dropped to 2, one being a healer. Your around 50%, 3 dead due to not moving, healers have blown through their mana CD's, people are still not moving towards the crystals and you start to sense something is wrong here. People continue to die until finally, Morchokk has won the 1st battle. You nerd rage in chat about how bad some people are, their dps horrible. Then you get the idea of, well, lets look at what they have gear wise. WOW, no gems, no chants, some pvp items and blues mixed with some 378's. Explains the 4-5 dps at 10k dps. ....... That story would be pretty accurate for nearly EVERY LFR if bosses weren't as easy as they are. Increasing difficulty isn't going to change the playerbase that utilizes the tool. They had to nerf a few things in LFR after it's release for it to be manageable for the PuGs, and even then, there are those LFR groups that still just don't do it, aka switching to the correct colored add when called out. But no, most just sit on the boss. Or for DW they completely ignore the small tentacles on the last platform and wonder why we died. What your asking for in increasing the difficulty of LFR is to simply waste the developers time and effort that they put into the system, because if it was more difficult than what it is, no one would utilize the tool as it was meant to be used for. It would be nothing more than one huge wipe fest of headache after headache after headache. Increasing the difficulty isn't increased the majority of those who utilize it. They aren't going to get smarter, or care more to do what they can, they aren't going to gem, enchant, learn their rotation, because quite frankly, most of those players really don't care. There here for the game and nothing more. They don't care about min/max'n, they don't care about learning their rotation, nor do they care if you carry them or not. As I said, they simply PLAY. These forums are full of inaccuracies, complaints of personal opinion pushed upon others as facts and far worse. Most of you need to sit back for a few seconds and think things through in a larger picture. In closing: 1. LFR difficulty is fine 2. If you find it to easy, then you find a guild, or create your own server pug to go into normal fitting to your times. Heck, you could even create your own raid guild to fit your own times and find people with similar time lines. 3. Evaluate what your asking for before posting a QQ thread on wanting it to be more difficult and learn to recognize that the majority of WoW players aren't average quality raiders. 4. Elitism Rest room is ----------------------> that way. Use it. Nyh12 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 World of Logs - ranked? Someone said that my main 'ranked' on World of Logs for the normal 25 Madness of Deathwing fight. I know World of Logs fairly well in general, but I have no idea where to start to find/look up how I or others may of ranked on individual encounters. Any help would be appreciated.Brutem3 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Non-English speakers in group finder I just came back to WoW on a long hiatus, and I've noticed lately there is a much higher frequency of players in the dungeon runs that can't understand English, don't know their role, and therefore can't take direction from the rest of the group. Many times, these same people are "Needing" everything in the Need-Greed dialogue. It seems to have been amped up much more than in recent years. Besides the griefing with the dungeons, I was always under the impression that you need to be able to understand the server language. So Portuguese-only speakers stay on Portuguese realms, English-only speakers on English realms, etc. I can understand if the player is wanting to play with foreign language speakers to help learn the language, but in some of these instances, they are griefing, and then speaking in their native language when we try to talk to them. Though I don't know how dungeon finder works. In short, wasn't there rules for the language barriers?Wishbone0 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Vote to kick suggestion The vote to kick feature allows people to kick others mid-encounter to reduce competition for loot rolls. I suggest only allowing the ability to vote to kick someone when they are not in combat and after any loot from the previous boss is distributed.Kogrom0 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Deserter Debuff before the first Bossfight I have had it with the deserter debuff. Queued for 20+ minutes to get in a LFR DS. Finally get called and yet the group only had 1 healer for the LFR raid. Some random decides to start the encounter and causes a raid wipe. Leave the group because no one wants to run with idiots who will cause raid wipes and yet I get the penalty. Maybe you should prevent LFR from starting before a full group is present. Can you please make a rules that the debuff only applies to players that leave after they have at least downed one boss. I am getting punished because some random and so not only can I not re-queue for half an hour, I will also have a further 20+ waiting for the group to reform. I have also had this issue on my main that was called in to tank Well of Eternity when the group kicked their previous tank. They had got to the first crystal after passing the demons and that meant that I was stuck on the other side of the demons unable to get to the group. As you just get killed by the supervisor you are stuck away from the rest of the group with no way of restarting the dialogue to join up with the rest of the group. As such I left the group and again without attacking anything get hit with this poorly thought out debuff that should be either removed from the game or changed to "No Boss Kill, No DeBuff".Strikehard6 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 MoP raids should be as difficult to clear as naxx was originally back in vanillaSnadhyarunes12 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 [LFR] Chooses need on two set piece tokens •Players can no longer win multiple copies of the same item on a single Raid Finder boss kill. For example, a player who chooses Need on two set piece tokens or two weapons and wins the first, will not be eligible for the second on that particular boss. Does this EXCLUSIVELY apply to ONLY Set piece tokens and weapons? Cientista2 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 FPS in Raids Just started raiding on raid finder and notice a considerable frame rate drop, even with graphics settings lowered. Usually I get 50-60fps, and in raid finder its like 30-50 fps. Is this normal? Thanks.Lashert7 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Where do you see cross realm raids going? So I was excited to see them taking the next step by allowing cross realm raiding, and while it didn't really surprise me that the current tier wasn't supported yet, it makes me wonder what their intent is going forward into mop. Do you think it was just a matter of not wanting to drop it mid DS progression? Or do you think this is something that is going to stay as something you can't do in the current tier? I think it would be rather disappointing if that were the case, but I can see why they would choose to keep it that way, since removing that restriction would remove almost the entire need for server transfers, but at the same time, I think it would be weird if MoP was released and you couldn't do any of the lv 90 raids with your cross server friends for half a year. So what do you think?Darthelmet11 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Thanks for the Raid Finder Second time in my WOW life that I've actually seen a raid from start till end. First was during the Trial of the Crusader era raid, with some friends in the same guild. I was mostly only able to see that raid because of them teaching me what to do. Next up was ICC, but then work got in the way, and I couldn't catch up to them anymore, and they also quit soon after, feeling bored. I followed soon too. I'm very sure I won't get into DS Normal or Hard modes, because I can't make such major time and gearing commitments anymore. So once again, thank you Blizzard for the Raid Finder. Lhavina5 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Heroic Yor'sahj help (10 man) My guild is currently attempting Heroic Yor'sahj and currently encountering numerous problems. First I'd like to explain the strat we are using and then the problems that I see currently. Our Setup: Protection warrior (Can go fury) Frost Dk (Can go blood) Arcane mage (Should be fire) Elemental shaman (can go resto) Feral druid (Can go moonkin) Ret palidan Holy polidan Holy priest Sub/combat rogue Arms warrior Our strategy: Basically what we have is both our ret pally and elementaly shaman on the boss, while the rest of the dps go and kill the oozes. Our priority for oozes are: Yellow > Green except: When it's Black/yellow/red/purple we get purple, or when it is black/yellow/green/red we get green. We also keep up our first mana void and let everyone burn there mana regains and just weaken it till the second one pops out, so that way when we go kill the first mana void it is significantly quicker. This is based off of icy-veins.com heroic strat. Our problems: I think that we lack dps, I also think our healers are doing something completely wrong considering the fact that they are both really well geared. I also think there may be a problem with our slime priority. With three healing we could do more then a few set of oozes, but with two healing we can't seem to pass one, and if we do pass one it is with a couple of deaths. Logs: Here are our attempts when we were two healing it: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2psj1872iloasmm5/ Here are our logs when we were three healing it: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2psj1872iloasmm5/dashboard/?enc=bosses&boss=55312 Here is our latest normal attempt, keep in mind this is without our arms warrior he can do over 40k on this fight on regular and that our druid will be going feral for this and our shaman will be going elemental: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/kphqpc7nobzrwkn5/sum/damageDone/?s=5243&e=5528 -Would you guys suggest we continue doing this? -I'd also like to ask is that when the double add spawns happens, should the second set of adds die before we start attacking the oozes? -What group makeup you suggest we do this with? Keeping in mind that we will lose a lot of aoe dps if me, the dk goes tank and our warrior goes dps. As I won't be able to do as much dps as he can do as tank, and he won't be able to do as much dps as I do as dps. -Are our healers doing something wrong? No deep corruption should go off? -Should we attempt another heroic? as dumb as it sounds for some sort of reason we have better static dps and heals, would it be better to attempt heroic Warlord then heroic Yor'sahj?Ath24 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Reward for completing multiple LFR's Good Day- I do LFR weekly on my hunter (main) and my 4 healer alts. I notice that healers are usually the choke point in LFR groups; most of the time, we're waiting for more healers to show up in order to kill the boss. My suggestion is this- Reward healers (or tanks, depending on need) with a Satchel of Exotic Mysteries for completing the 4th boss in either of the LFR queues. This way, more healers and tanks will accept a partially 3/4 completed LFR queue, or even better, complete multiple LFR's in a week. This is not rewarding them any extra JP or VP or gear... but will offer a reason for those limited # of healers/tanks to continue to queue. Thanks for reading, I feel better now that I had a chance to make my suggestion. Cheers! -ZeianaZeiana7 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 LFR Feedback Now that LFR has been out for several weeks I'd like to provide some feedback from my experiences participating it this tool. LFR provides a solid and rapid entry point to the new content, and that's what it's designed for. Props for providing it to the playerbase. Killing Deathwing on LFR did help me prepare for Normal mode kills on my main, but overall the fight difference between the two is nil aside from a few different cooldown and minor planning involved. Killing the boss on normal feels the same. Imo, please don't make the end boss available in LFR for this reason. Additionally, please make a LFR achievement that shows you killed it in that mode instead of a all-inclusive achievement. It makes it more difficult to find a pug normal DS10 on my server unless you have the normal Deathwing kill achievement. Having tier loot drop in LFR makes it feel like a requirement to farm it just as when Trial of the Crusader was released. Please consider making the tier drop in LFR, but not have the set bonus on it when Pandaria is released. That way, there is still gear to go for if you wish to bridge a gap, however if you are missing that 4th piece of tier you do not have to feel like it's required to grind LFR. Finally, the trend I see now is that in LFR people roll on every single drop they can. They then abuse the system of trading loot to offer to trade for the one drop they did want from another player. The major downside is that if they don't need any of the gear, they either disenchant it or just leave the raid and vendor it. The option to trade loot was implemented in the game to lower the load of GMs fixing mislooted gear via the masterlooter. To hopefully fix this problem, I recommend making the loot soulbound if you win and to also check the player to verify they do not have other versions of the item in their inventory. This would prevent a player rolling on a 384 version of a item or trinket just to pass/de/vendor to another. Thank you for your time.Fizbangpow2 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Another improvement to the Need/Greed roll I'm usually fairly laid back about LFR and losing rolls. It's pugging, and anonymous pugging at that, so I don't expect much from it. But then there are the times where even I have to raise my fist and curse the blind madness of the system. Let me paint a picture for you. Hagara dies and coughs up three shoulder tokens for my class. A good sign, I think, as poor luck has me still sporting PvP crafted gear in that slot. But of course, since this was the last boss, a couple of people drop without bothering to pass on their rolls. So I wait for their rolls to time out. And wait. And wait as two thirds of the raid gets tired of waiting and drops too. Finally the rolls go off, and while I don't win one I see that someone else won two. But as I go to pipe up in raid chat to ask if this person would be kind enough to let us roll off for the second, I realize that the winner was one of the people who got tired of waiting and dropped already. I'm left fighting between laughter and tears as I realize that two tier tokens are being left to rot on the boss and there's nothing that can be done about it. So, to sum up. It's very good that the Need/Green rolls are being made smarter so that the same person doesn't win two of the same item. While the programmers are tinkering with it, might it also be possible to make it a bit smarter about people who drop group? For starters, making people who drop with rolls still open instantly pass on their rolls would be amazingly helpful. Even better would be reassigning people who select Need/Greed but then drop to Pass priority, though that's complex enough I know it might not be easily done. Is this a reasonable request, or is it something that might be implemented without a major overhaul?Alderic4 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 10m normal Spine strategy/comp So we started on spine a bit ago. We have 2tank 3heals 5dps. We have to pry up the armor plates twice, as we are just under the dps check without hero. We are finding that we tend to die right after the second plate has been detached. At that point we kill 2 corruptions and roll... this is where we die. What do most people do for this transition? Should we ignore blood and try to heal through their damage? Should we tank them away and single target them down so we don't all blow up? Our current strat is tanking the blood near the armor plate and the amalgamation in back till he's almost dead, than swapping places as the blood is all on the ground near the plate. This works golden for first and second plate, but we get overran after second plate.Ghunor10 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 8 rogue 8 mage so when's ruby sanctum maybe some peeps will log onJancy1 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Need advice on our warlock's excuses So our Warlock does 300k total during Spine on tendons. Also, we've been having a bad week on Madness farm, and we keep wiping on last platform. His contribution to blisterings is 0. So, he has the legendary staff and blames his dot spec for low dps on tendons, and again cites his dot spec as a reason to not even waste time dpsing blisterings. (I don't have a lock alt, so not sure if a burst OS is possible.) I told him to make his OS a burst spec, and he said "no it's useless, just going to keep my PvP spec." Do we boot him and recruit? Any warlocks able to chime in?Lulzlulz43 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 LFR Rumors? O.K. I Don't want to QQ, so I won't. But, I have heard several rumors on blizzard developers feelings towards looting in LFR, from things they plan, and things they frown on, etc etc. As of this time, I only know them as rumors, and searching for any blue posts on the matter have me searching through over 100,000 posts, so I'm asking for a little help in finding any and all loot associated blue posts, if anyone could be so kind, thank you. :)Cynthiapain4 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Patch 4.3 prediction Once Firelands comes out, we'll have faced every single Vanilla raid instance more than once, except for AQ. (Naxxramas, Zul'Gurub, Nefarian, Ragnaros, and Onyxia). I perdict the 3rd Old God will manifest inside AQ instead of Uldum, where he'll take over C'Thun's old room and will rezz all the bosses in there from 3 beetles to twin emps. Then we'll have done all Vanilla content again! Oh, and we'll have to reopen the gate.Maxium136 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 No points for LFR when VP capped? So I recently dinged an 85 mage, got geared pretty quickly through heroics and valor point capped with them before I had a high enough ilvl to run LFR. I expected that since I was VP capped, LFR would give me justice points in place of valor, like LFG does, but it doesn't. I'm just wondering if anyone knows why this is? Doesn't it make sense to award Justice instead of awarding nothing but the gold?Remedy5 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 LF Addon that keeps track of Hourly lockouts if anyone knows one of them. Would love you long time for a leadAeyr6 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Northrend Dungeon Loot Tables need work? Ok - Starting this thread I wanna make a few comments - If you're gonna troll, GTFO. 1. This post is probably going to come off as "Voomuu, you're a whiny *#^$*." I'm aware it probably will. Don't tell me again. 2. I'm also making this post as much for others as myself and there may be another thread up. I'm in Heirlooms. Some playing Hunters or Enh Shamans are on their first toon and don't have them. I have a friend with a non-loomed hunter on a realm he doesn't have an 85 on - He can't get looms. He doesn't like playing his hunter because there isn't anything for him. 3. All of the posts I've seen in this forum are SOMEONE IN LFR STOLE THIS and LFR LOOT SUCKS. ACTUALLY STARTING: Has there been any thought from blizz to alter the Northrend loot tables now that Cata's been out? I'm speaking in terms of helping Mail users... Namely Hunters and Enhance Shamans. Saying this, I realize - In wrath, Hunters ran on Stam/Int... they were the only mana-using class that was physical DPS... Now that Cata's here, they run on Stam/Agi. I am aware, and many of you will probably point out - I am (Almost) full Heirloom. I lack trinkets and one weapon was replaced by my Nifflevar Bearded Axe This however, only covers for about 1/3 of my gear. I still need a Belt, Pants, Boots, Bracers, Gloves, 2 Rings, a Relic, and 2 Trinkets. Now if you want to go look at my profile in a new tab you may note - My trinkets are from Scholomance and Sunken Temple. My Relic's from Stratholme's kill Rivendare quest. - 3 Upgrades I probably need, amd want sooner rather than later. I've searched loot tables for the northrend dungeons I can specific que for at 73: Utgarde Keep Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom Violet Hold Azjol-Nerub Drak'Tharon Keep And Nexus. OF THOSE PLACES - The only useful pieces for an Enhance shammy/Hunter anymore are UTGARDE KEEP Dragon Stabler's Gauntlets - Prince Keleseth Arm Blade of Augelmir - Skarvald/Dalronn - Shammy Preferred if not BoA'd THE NEXUS Cleated Ice Boots - Anomalus Drakonid Arm Blade - Ormorok - Same as the Arm blade from UK Glacier Sharpened Vileblade - Keristrazsa - Probably battling a rogue for this if you're a shammy... Azjol-Nerub Cobweb Machete - Once again - Probably battling a rogue if you're a shammy... Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom Blade of Nadox - Elder Nadox - Once again, probably battling a rogue. Slasher's Amulet - Prince Taldaram - Battling any Melee DPS for this. Jedoga's Greatring - Jedoga Shadowspeaker - Battling a rogue, feral druid for this. Spored Tendrils Spaulders - A trash drop. Drak'Tharon Keep Summoner's Stone Gavel - Novos the Summoner Helmet of Living Flesh - Prophet Tharon'Ja Darkweb Bindings - Trash Drop Finally... VIOLET HOLD Xevozz's Belt - Xevozz Jailer's Baton - Cyanigosa - Hunter "stat stick" Prison Warden's Shotgun - Lavanthor - Hunter specific There are 16 Items on this list (Probably missed a cape or two). 8 of them are weapons. That can go in a Maximum of 2 slots if you Dual wield. There's a Hunter gun, but no relic There's no Mail AGI/STAM Pants. When one looks through the loot tables, there's a ton of Caster mail. This may be fine and people will say "Go ele. Go Resto." Breaking News - Hunter's CAN'T. tl;dr Now that Hunters switched away from Stam/Int and Mana to Stam/Agi and Focus, It seems like Northrend Dungeons need a refresher for the Loot Tables to adapt... And now that my first comment was ignored - Trolls: BEGIN!Voomuu5 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Northrend Loot Altercations? Now that Hunters switched away from Stam/Int and Mana to Stam/Agi and Focus, Are there plans to switch some gear from stam/int mail to some stam/Agi? I've noticed Hunters and Enhance Shamans seem to get shafted on gear from the dungeons... I'm almost full Heirlooms, so not all things I need, but there's a fair amount of upgrades I need that don't exist in those dungeons...Voomuu13 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 4.3 5-Mans And The Holy Paladin Travesty =) (Someone suggested that class threads are rarely commented upon by Blizzard and directed me elsewhere to post this thread. These are the two posts I've made concerning what I view as a "problem" with the 4.3 instances and something I'd like to see rectified.) I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but although we have a kick-!@#, dragon-themed gear set available in the 4.3 dungeons, we have no gloves! This is actually the very first non-PvP pally set that I've liked and will keep to transmogrify should nothing better come in MoP. But what of the gloves? The plate dps and tank gloves don't match at all. This is just mean! Does Blizzard propose to add the gloves somewhere or are we supposed to just not wear them? =) Really? Does nobody care about this at all? Do most people think the 4.3 gear is ugly? I submitted a ticket and was told to come back and post to the forums again, that this was the best way to contact a Blizzard employee who would explain, so... here I am. I have the 384 RF T13 gloves but they don't match at all. The closest I've found are the ilvl 397 plate dps gloves for valour points, but that just doesn't seem right... and they are only "close." Why does every other spec get a full set of 4.3 dungeon gear but holy pal lies? =(Haleakala6 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 My biggest issue with LFR and LFD You wanna know my biggest issue with the Looking For system. It's not the loot, it's the lazy players. You know what I mean. The guys who refuse to run back after a wipe and sit there waiting for a rez. It takes less than 10 seconds to run back in DS. Lazy asses.Onipriest3 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest Overall Reward Compared to the ICC Shadowmourne of Wrath of the Lich King, where the wielder received several novelty items including a mount and a tabard, is there any goals or plans in the future to make Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest reward a permanent/normal mount rather than a use effect.Kilnot11 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 The REAL Problem with LFR Feeling obligated to do it. If you're not doing it, you're hurting your raid. But the chance for loot is slim, it sucks dealing with all of those players AFKing and isn't fun. Please remove tier gear from LFR, and make the loot heroic-equivalent. The queue times will almost certainly go up, but that should tell you something: half the people doing it don't want to be anywhere near it.Penguins20 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Language Barriers in LFG [I understand at least one thread on this was locked because it was in the wrong forum which developers do not read. I also understand that (probably due to abuse issues) another thread may have been removed for TOS violations. I am trying to post in the correct forum in an appropriate manner.] It is very hard to enjoy a game experience when the party members cannot communicate to accomplish the goals of the game in a manner consistent with the expected gameplay experience. Emotes are insufficient to express some of the behaviors expected or necessary to ensure a smooth instance or raid. I find that I do not want to group because I cannot explain to other players (often, but not always, non-English speakers) how their gameplay affects the group. Trying to explain party expectations to new players who lack the game experience necessary to even understand their role in a party is hard enough... when adding a language barrier it becomes extremely frustrating. I am willing to accept new players provided I can communicate sufficiently with them. I do not want to have to kick players simply because I cannot communicate with them properly. I do not want to constantly quit newly formed groups until I get the right combination of players, roles, language, and experience. I would prefer to take language out of that combination by not being forced to group with others who do not speak my own. A language checkbox in LFG should be enough to simply filter out LFG requests similar to a role check. It would allow those who prefer to speak French, English, or Portuguese to group with others that also specify a preference. No check means an open invite. To those players who suggest learning Portuguese or French or Spanish: I think it's a wonderful idea to expand one's language skills. If I thought I could make myself understood by flip flopping gutter gamer patois while switching roles, specs, and stances I might try. I bought my copy at a Target in the USA. I would never have imagined I would be expected to learn other languages to play a MMORPG in my free time. Please understand I mean no disrespect to nos amis Québecois e amigos Brasileiros. I'm not calling them anything but fellow gamers in other countries and I appreciate their interest in the game. I'm simply saying it's very difficult to do simple things when forced to group with those who do not share your language. I'm sure they feel my pain (except I suspect their command of English is far superior to my ability to order a beer in their language). Thanks for your time. Be well.Ariarandar0 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Cataclysm Raiding: Your Most Memorable Fights Wrath, Burning Crusade and Classic raiding were all full of many memorable fights, the experience of which has lingered in many players memories long after that content was rendered obsolete. Some examples: Vanilla - Onyxia, Ragnaros, Twin Emperors, C'thun, Nefarian, The Four Horsemen, Kel'thuzad. BC - Shade of Aran, Netherspite, Prince Malchezaar, Chess, Zul'jin, Leotheras, Lady Vashj, Kael'thas, Mother Shahraz, Illidan, M'uru, Kil'jaeden. Wrath - Sartharion (3drakes), Malygos, Flame Leviathon, Hodir, Freya, Thorim, Mimiron, General Vezaxx, Yogg Saron, Algalon, Faction Champions, Anub'arak, Blood Queen, Professor Putricide, Valithria Dreamwalker, Sindragosa, Lich King. Fights can be memorable and stick in players' minds for a host of reasons. One is difficulty, another is unique/interesting mechanics, story, or even just a particularly horrid reputation for failure even if the mechanics are fairly simple (e.g. Malygos phase 3 in EoE). So, of the Cataclysm raid fights, which ones do you think will still be burned into your memory long after MoP has been released and why?? For me, there's not many. Ragnaros - I simply love this fight. Well designed (a dull phase 1 not withstanding) that requires everyone to be raid aware and do their job. Alysrazor - Fun fight with really cool flying mechanic. Rhyolith - I'll remember this one for all the wrong reasons. Al'Akir - Ditto to Rhyolith Cho'gall - Amazing fun fight. None of the Dragon Soul fights will ever be very memorable for me. Even Deathwing just feels like one long extended add fight (both Spine and Madness).Aethenor19 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 *suggestion* Cross realm raiding I'm sure that others would agree with me, but I think that blizzard should allow you to invite players on other realms to raid groups, as i have several real ID friends who play on diff servers who would love to help me raid some of the old engames but are unable to due to this. I just find it odd that blizzard allows cross realm dungeon-ing without the need of LFG, but cross realm raiding is only allowed with LFR.Dückbüttër4 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 LFR story of a life time. Hunter does 10242 DPS on Madness. Full pvp gear. 1 other hunter in the group does 42k dps. PvE gear. Bow drops. Guess who won it. Proceeds to say 'teehee thanks for the afk carry'. Awesome.Tears39 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Poor manners in LFR. I just got done with a run of Dragon Soul, Fall of Deathwing. During the second boss the tier hat drops and I feel I'm set to get it, considering only 2 other people don't have it already. Yet it ended up going to a druid already wearing the hat. I asked him why he would roll on something he already has and he tells me it's for "OS". (I know some druids like to do more than one role, but you queued for that specific role so you shouldn't be reaching out for more gear that you don't need.) After I asked if he would give it to me since I was second highest roller the raid just turned sour, all he did there after is insult me and parade around with it trying to gloat. We eventually got to Deathwing and he tosses it to the other druid who was last on the roll for it, and of course he tries to flaunt as much as possible during the whole process. This is just unbelievable, is Blizzard really going to keep rewarding those who act like this? Am I just going to have to need on everything and fake-afk to get a single upgrade from now on? I want to be a nice guy, but it's just so hard when RNG favors this kind of shenanigans. TL;DR: Yes, I'm mad. Edit: From the looks of my ticket's answer it seems that way, which depresses me further. Edit2: Changed title because it was not signifying what the thread was about well enough.Delexan88 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 THE Comprehensive LFR Woes Thread I have decided to go through the Dungeons and Raids forum and compile all the relevant LFR woes into one thread. This is where you will contribute your woes to the LFR system for ease of the developers. In this thread, you will see LFR woes listed as Problems along with a number in the first reply. In the second reply, you will see Solutions to Problems that share the same base number with an increasing 'version' number. Each Solution will have an Issue with the same number in the third reply. These are in no particular order and are only numbered for convenience. I will try and update this frequently. (Maybe a forum mod can help. :D) If a woe/problem does not appear in this first reply, please reply stating the Problem, along with the Solution(s) and any Issue(s) with the Solution(s). If the Solution has no chance of being implemented I probably won't put it in the main post. (eg. Players who gem all resilience shouldn't get loot. Blizzard will not enforce anything that tells a player there is only one way to play this game.) If you have a viable solution to an existing problem, list the Problem and number along with the Solution(s) and any Issue(s). Solutions are considered independent from any solution unless otherwise stated. This should also give you some insight into the kinds of things the developers go through. You can't implement all of these solutions, and some of the solutions work against each other, or bring up even more problems; it is not an easy task! If you see any additional Issue(s) with any existing Solution(s) please provide them. For all Solutions, assume that development time is an Issue; you don't have to state it.Fmya92 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Redo LFR loot system This is what I think needs to be done for the LFR loot system, and I'm sure most will agree to this or even have some to add. This thread to make the blues realize that there's a major flaw in LFR loot and provide ideas to make it fair for others. 1. Have the loot be in LFR untradable. Reason why is this will prevent the trolling of other people to roll for their friend and hand them the loot. 2. A roll reduction for classes that have already received teir token. Reason why is I'm sure most agree they are tired of classes rolling for something they already have these loot rules fall under MS>OS. When you have a DK roll need for their token which they already have for their OS leaves a mage is the dust for their MS. 3. Stop the multi-loots to the same person. Most are tired of one person winning all the loot off one boss. Set a lock out to if they win a loot they are locked from the rest. No reason to be greedy. This will also prevent them from winning multi-tokens from different bosses. 4. % reduction in rolls for those who die, most people troll raid and die on purpose while they do whatever they want while the rest of us kill the boss. Then they roll for loot and win it in the end. These are at the top of my list for the major problems in LFR loot, if anyone else has a suggestion please post up.Hëra7 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Enforce role-specific loot rules in dungeons I love how the loot rules are in LFR. I know some of it still needs to be fixed, (i.e. DK rolling on agility trinket,) but the idea is what's great. In dungeons, there aren't any restrictions besides the usual "can't need on cloth as a plate user," etc. This would keep healers and tanks from needing on dps gear. They don't have to sit throught the usual 10-30 minute ques like dps do. It would save a lot of complaining and probablly reduce GM tickets with people asking for loot removal of the thief.Zedagna10 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Questions about Brazilian servers I have a few questions about the Brazilian servers Tol Barad and Goldrinn, related to LFG. One aimed at the blues, the rest aimed at the players. To the blues: My characters on Trollbane, when queuing in LFG, seem to be partnered with people from Tol Barad and Goldrinn almost 60% of the time. Literally, in any four random players, at least two, usually more, are from those servers. And they're not all in the same guild or whatever, so I don't think they're all friends who grouped up. Why am I seeing so many? I note it's more prevalent in BC and LK content levels. This has become an issue. I don't speak Portuguese. Most of them don't speak English. I can't tell the tank to wait for my healer to get mana back. I can't tell the DPS to quit pulling before the tank is ready. It's aggravating, and made more so by the issues I'm addressing to players below. Is there anything you guys can do to balance it to where these three servers group with themselves, and the 324 other servers in my battlegroup can group with me? Just a thought. Hopefully I don't come across as racist, it's simply that a language barrier makes this game a lot less fun. Now, to the players of Tol Barad and Goldrinn (those of you that can speak English and hopefully understand me): What the heck is with you guys? Lemme break down some of the players I've encountered: 1) Most are wearing full pvp gear 2) Most of those are completely wrongly geared for their role/class. Some examples. I have twice encountered a holy pally (same guy) who is level 78. He wears all pvp ret plate, except his shield, which is a pvp tanking shield. And an agility and a str trinket. And somehow, oddly enough, every time I encounter him, his tanks die constantly! Funny, that. And he's OOM after every pull of course. No int. In another a blood DK, tank level 76, in all pvp dps gear. and refusing to budge from frost presence. And DPS DKs that won't get out of blood. In all of these occurrences, these people where repeatedly doing dungeons that should be green to them at best. Why? And why all the pvp gear? Look, I expect a lot of "who cares, it's lower level content, wow is easy, blah blah". And that's true. All of it. But, why play a game if you're gonna play it badly? Mostly, why are the players from this server ALL (or near enough) taking tons of time to grind up full level 70 pvp sets, then grinding level 70-71 dungeons over and over in those sets? What is it they're doing? It's not like it's even efficient leveling, it just makes no sense. I refuse to believe two servers are completely full of idiots, so what is the logic here?Demesne3 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Please Fix LFR!! Dear Blizzard, There are two really easy fixes that you guys could do, and I am hoping that you do them. They might have been suggested in another thread, but I'm not a forum-rat, so I'm not sure. If I am posting on here, it means I am annoyed. Issue 1: I decided last night to respec my OS to heals and queue for LFR. I kid you not, 50 times in a row, I had the same 2/8 group pop up. If I didn't want to join it the 1st time, why would I want to join it the next 49 times? I understand that group needs a healer, but that healer wasn't me. Couldn't you hotfix something in where if you pass for a group, when you reqeue in LFR, it won't try adding you to that group again? Issue 2: LFR/LFG rolls. I cannot stand, as well as I am sure others, when we kill a boss, and someone decides to leave the group without rolling. Then you have to wait until they roll timer goes through. Couldn't you implement something where if someone leaves a group during loot rolls without rolling, they auto-pass? That, or you could change the timer for rolls in LFR. People don't need more than 20-30 seconds to decide whether they need something or not. I'm not here to just complain about an issue. I just gave you solutions. Hopefully you can implement them. Thanks. V/r, NinjampNinjamp0 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 It only took me... ...under 24 hours to get my priest to 85, into LFR legitimately (gearing via heroics and not 377 PvP gear), and get 2 pieces of tier. I still have to do the back half, ha! I could have four piece on her already if I'm lucky.Fmya18 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Worlord Zon'ozz - A Plea for help So my guild has Morchok and Yor'Sahj on farm now but we are running into some maddening difficulties with Zon'ozz. I have total confidence with everyone in my raid group and believe we can get this boss down but we seem to be running into some issues with bugs, lag, or just generally missing something. First off I have been reading the boards, watching videos, reading wowhead, and asking advice from a friend who's guild has completed 10m normal already. We have tried various positioning, various timings, and just seems to be having the hardest time in the world with these damn balls. So what I would like to know is how to aim the ball, what is the true controlling mechanism here? We fully tested the idea of "it bounces in the direction you are facing" to find out that this is false. We had our ranged bouncer face almost 90 degrees off from boss and let the ball roll into him... what did it do? Bounce right back the way it came from. Does the bouncer need to be moving while facing the direction? Another thing I noticed as the tank was that positioning him is kinda wonky and he seems to like to take extra steps or move through me for no real reason. I almost want to call this fight buggy. A request to Blizzard; 1 - On the bounce back to the boss always make the ball bounce towards the boss. 2 - Make something different about his melee range; so when tanks position him he does not move so much.Whaang74 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 How do raid soft resets work these days OK, we've cleared the trash to Hagara I'm still in a raid group but others in the group are offline I can zone out and zone in without the trash resetting How long can I zone out for without the reset? Can I log out and in again? Back in BC days it would seem to not reset until "overnight". Feraighin0 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Heroic Ultraxion bugged? this is our order of soaking 1. druid tank + rogue cloak 2. Prot Pally + fire mage 3. Shadowpriest + Arcane Mage 4. druid tank + rogue cloak 5. Prot pally + Fire mage 6. Shadowpriest + Unholy DK(AMS+AMZ+IBF) 7. Druid tank + Rogue cloak the problems we are having is shadowpriest disperses and takes a 200k hour or dk takes the same amount of damage with all his sht popped we have logs to prove it if you want to take a look, its attempt 25 and 26 http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-smazk95x8o9nlzih/deaths/?s=15615&e=15929 can someone please explain to me why this is happening.Xzón6 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Questions for Normal Zon'ozz Our guild has actually killed this guy once, but we are inconsistent with him.. Either its errant balls or people just end up dying. We're getting better with the balls, so I am not too worried about that. But it seems that some raid members keep dying somewhere during the dark phases, occasionally, the tank dies (inside or outside of Dark phase). On our successful attempt, I was healing, but lately I have been tanking him. 1) During the dark phase, is it safe for the tank to stack with the rest of the raid? I haven't seen him do a Psychic drain during dark phase, and his melee hits (once he has stopped just standing there) has no AoE effect. (I was tanking him a bit off from the raid, still in range of AoE heals, but not directly stacking with the raid) 2) Today we had 2 shammy and an HPally heal. Dark Phase 1 - Pop SLT. Dark Phase 2 - Other shammy pops SLT, Dark Phase 3 - Pally pops Aura Mastery. Are these generally sufficient enough cooldowns, or should I be popping rallying cry too as well or something? 3) DBM's Psychic drain warnings seem to be off, is there an audio or visual cue when the boss is about to do it? Thanks.Rocketfeller8 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 LFR LOOTING SUGGESTIONS Ive seen alot of posts about people ticked at LFR looting problems so I figured I'd create a thread where they can post some ideas on how to fix it. I know these ideas will probably never be seen by Blizz and I don't care. I know I will eventually win the pieces I want or even better get them in normal mode and eventually heroic with dkp. Anyway here are a few of my ideas: 1) Would it be possible for Blizz to make the loot rolls take into consideration some sort of effort to ilvl ratio so that people who put in the work have the highest chance to win? I mean the info is there such as ilvl, damage done, damage mitigated, and healing done plus alot more. Put folks in one of three catagories: a) High or above average play, b) Mid or average play, c)Low or below average play. 2)Team that with a gear checking program so that people with currently equipped pieces can't need them again and get the role bonus. Seems like that would sovle all the loot issues. Im not a programmer so I don't know if this is even possible. Im just making suggestions.Dirtydueler6 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Needing PVE Help!! Now that im good on my pvp gear for now, im getting my pve gear together for raids and dungeons specifically immolation gear with JP points but when i went in to start buying stuff i noticed that some gear needed certain other gear to be traded for it...Where do i find this gear? I love raiding and doing dungeons and sick of ppl telling me my crit is too low so the help is desperatly needed because im not understanding how to get the rest of my immolation set! Please Help!!Shadowmelt2 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Bliz needs to get rid of LFR I know, I know. The same old argument against mine is "I don't get to play often and this allows me to experience endgame." But I get tired of seeing rogues and warriors autoattack mobs (using no energy or rage) until loot shows up then win loot. Or seeing a boomkin druid win a leather piece that was obviously for ferals or rogues with the + loot bonus. How can they even do that??? Things bliz should do: 1. Since you already have to have a certain ilevel to join you shouldn't be allowed to go below 10k dps (which is EXTREMELY easy) or you cannot roll on loot. And if you do go below 10k for more than 20 seconds you cannot roll on loot. 2. Simply make casters (like boomkins or shamans) not be able to roll on obvious enhancement gear or feral gear with the ROLE BONUS. They can role for it but shouldn't be allowed to get role bonus. 3. Maybe this is asking for too much but maybe they could do the +1 loot rule so one person doesn't win all 4 loot pieces (Yes it happened before) on ONE boss. It just bothers me ppl can go afk and win loot and get role bonus when it's not even their role. I know people know that LFR is broken but it could be upgraded just a bit more....Iwuvbarbies28 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Suggestions for LFR... I see many people taking issue with raiders being AFK or offline during the raids and still being able to roll on loot. Others who are annoyed with the deliberate 'coat-tail riders' who do no more than jump up and down during encounters and then rub it in the raid's face that they got the goodies for doing nothing. Both of these situations could be reduced dramatically by making events activated ONLY by the Raid Leader or Raid Assists. It is extremly frustrating to be in the middle of rez'ing bodies, explaining encounters to new people, getting buffs up, or filling empty raid slots and having some random person start an encounter. I've seen some start encounters out of spite, others because they didn't know that talking to the NPC would start things up, and still others who can't be bothered to see if the raid is full and up to speed, as well as those do it to keep from being kicked. This would also allow time to remove individuals who are AFK or offline and get them replaced with functioning raid members. I understand that no system is perfect, but adding impediments to the ignorant or arrogant in this instance seems to be a possible solution.Shalandra3 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 5 Man drop rates I don't know about all of you, but for me and my druid who is barely two weeks into 85, I am having some serious issues with the drop rates in the new five mans. Call it a rare drop percentage, call it QQing, frankly I don't care. When you are full 378 (minus one trink, 359) and the ONLY thing you are running the new, repetitive, frankly boring 5 mans for is the staff off Manaroth, things can get pretty heated when it doesnt drop. So here is my quarrel with you WoW Dev team, tell me why I have been on my shaman, and seen the staff ( mind you this is in the past two weeks overall) drop 4 times out of the six i have been in there on my enh sham, and on my DK I have seen it drop 5 out of the 7 times I have been in there. Yet while on my druid, which it is THE ONLY THING I NEED YET AGAIN, out of TWENTY THREE (23) times ran, it has dropped ZERO TIMES. To everyone reading this I know you have been on an alt, or your main for that matter, and see something drop and go "well crap if only I was on my other toon". It would seem that the loot system has it out for us, but I am not that naive. All I am saying is, wow, look into the drop rates. The new LFR system is entirely too easy to get gear from, but for people looking for gear here and there, the rates need to be buffed. I am not paying 7k for a 365 weapon when I KNOW the next one I get into, the polearm would drop. And then I would have to go start punching children and burning down historical museums. Just look into it...Golluk2 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Healing 25m heroic zon'ozz 6 or 7 healers? PRetty much that. We're putting together our heroic zon'ozz strat and I'm wondering if we should just go 6 healers to increase dps. But is it possible? all logs, parses, and videos I've seen go 7 healers. Is 6 viable?Zolvolt2 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Heroic Instance (25/10) Lockout question. Ok, so tonight for the first time my guild attempted to finish up our 25 man heroic Firelands (finishing up a staff) on 10 man heroic. We weren't able to, I was under the impression that as long as the raid ID was the same, you could do 10 man or 25 man heroic. Obviously that's not the case, what I am wondering is, if it's possible to swap it the other way (do up to Rag on 10 heroic then swap to 25 heroic). We only raid 25 for any type of progression, so was kinda caught off guard by this, any information would be helpful.Wrennardx1 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Lord Rhyo Friendly? Ok, so finishing up a staff in Firelands right now, and when Lord rhyo went into P2.... couldn't do any damage to him.... every dps got a message saying "target is friendly" which.. he is NOT!!!! cause he proceeded to destroy the raid. Also, he seems to be moving incredibly slow... anyone else have issues?Wrennardx16 Jan 8, 2012