Professions

Apr 15, 2011 Synapse Springs usable w/o breaking Stealth? just a suggestion, would yall mind makin the synapse springs (480 of your major stat for 10 seconds) usable while in stealth without breaking it? so that we can use it right before using our openers, so we can avoid the gcd when it really matters. please :]Grimhayzé8 Apr 15, 2011
Apr 15, 2011 Armorsmith and Weaponsmith I thinnk there are alot of people that play WoW right now that would love to see the armorsmith & and weaponsmith to come back into wow. I would like to see agian Sword mastery, and axe mastery, and mace mastery back into WoW. I think Cata would be a great ex-pack for the professions to come back. If you agree with what i have said lets try to get this back into the game.Rirus2 Apr 15, 2011
Apr 15, 2011 JC Daily QQ Yep, just needed to vent about the daily really quick: I accepted the quest after I had already cut one of the gems for it, not realizing that cutting the gem is actually part of the quest. Why won't it let me turn it in, I wondered. Thinking this must be a bug or glitch of some kind, I abandoned the quest and reaquired it. Well, that was a waste of three solid zephirites. Wish I had read the quest text better. QQ!Stoni5 Apr 15, 2011
Apr 15, 2011 Epic madness over Archaeology. Your thoughts? Howdy everyone, I just wanted to share my thoughts about this new profession added when Cataclysm came out, and wanted to hear your thoughts over this topic as well. I have taken note that many players are frustrated over getting epics and other rares in Archaeology for achievements and for their characters to use. What many people may not understand is that these epic items are supposed to be random along with the achievements. Not every achievement is supposed to be easy to obtain in-game, but even though some are, Archaeology achievements are supposed to be tough to earn in my honest opinion. Look at the epics for example. Many are great to use on the many classes in-game! I do understand many people are wanting the epics as they are BoA and can be used on many characters on their account rather than only being BoP as many items are before and can only be used only once. The epic drop rate is supposed to be low. Sure some players may be lucky with this profession and collect rare items rather fast than other players in-game. However, if you do keep at this profession, your items you are working hard to get should drop for you! Archaeology is an excellent profession in this game and I'm personally happy Blizzard decided to add this kind of profession to the game. Not only do you have to work hard to obtain the many unique artifacts in the game, but you also get to explore the game world, by traveling to many areas affected by the Cataclysm. So, in other words, be happy Blizzard added a profession like this one. You get to make a lot of gold with this profession by selling artifacts you don't want to keep and you get to see many areas of the game you may not have visited before or in a very long time. Archaeology is a great profession and it does defeat fishing even though Blizzard added some more achievements to it.;) You are welcome to post your thoughts in this thread, but please remember to remain civil and respect other posters, as they would do the same for you. =) Thank-you for your time and have a fun! =DTeloraelin34 Apr 15, 2011
Apr 15, 2011 archeology help needed everytime i try to learn archeology the trainer has nothing to teach me i havent learned it yet im lvl 66 i have all filters checked so it should show me even if i couldnt get it but nothing is there any1 know why? im kinda bored and i want to do archeology when i have timeLucidd3 Apr 15, 2011
Apr 15, 2011 outland ores so i am trading engineering for blacksmithing on one of my toons due to the lack of being able to use it in raids and in my farming ores i have to ask,what happened to all the bc ores? i farmed vanilla ores for 3 hours and got more than enough.i've been in outland for 3 hours already and have enough for 49 bars of fel iron and 32 bars of adamantite.about a third of what i need.i broke down and bought a hundred fel iron from the ah for 10g each and would do the same for the adamantite if there were any in the ah.here's my question to the gm's,what is the reason for the low node count and respawn rate in outland?and no.it's not because there are alot of people farming.it's 2am centeral time(1am server).Whern1 Apr 15, 2011
Apr 15, 2011 question about Archeology ok so can some 1 explain this in more detail as to what your suppose to do with it were do i find these so called dig sites or what exactly is it i am looking forMissuu2 Apr 15, 2011
Apr 15, 2011 I just made headdress shaman thing. I am disappoint. I was under the impression it would increase in levels like other account bound items. It doesn't. Conclusion: absolutely useless, once your guild gets heirloom helms then there is no point to it at all it just stays a terrible epic helm. Why don't they allow these to scale? I think at this point I'm done with archaeology, not gonna bother try for zin'whatever, may as well pray for magmaw mace.Nexsus6 Apr 15, 2011
Apr 15, 2011 Idea for archaeology daily/weekly quest Something to make the profession a little more interesting, and give players a little money and neat stuff on the side. Depending on how much value the reward is to players, it may be a daily or a weekly quest. General premise: An NPC associated with archaeology is setting up an exhibit, and he's looking for something interesting from a certain race. He wants you to go out and find something to help the exhibit, and he's willing to pay well. Players will not need to obtain a specific artifact, just a common from the race that the NPC chooses. The reward: The NPC will give you a reward in gold equal to twice the value of the artifact's normal sell value (possibly 3 times for Tol'vir artifacts based on how rare they are) and in addition, gives you a keystone from a random race. Thoughts?Iwalksoftly6 Apr 15, 2011
Apr 15, 2011 Idiot Proof Disenchanting How many of you have accidentally disenchanted the wrong item? I have done this multiple times, (usually late at night,) and it's annoying as hell waiting a few days for the item to be replaced. Would it be worthwhile to add an option, for special people like myself, where items of a certain rarity come up with a warning before destroying it? Perhaps not all people would like this, but maybe there would be room for an optional setting somewhere? I'm sure there's a forum for suggestions somewhere but I couldnt see it... Move this wherever you like I just want to put it out there :)Bluebitz7 Apr 15, 2011
Apr 15, 2011 Archaeology: Professor title and 4.1 Since 4.1 is adding 5 rates and 1 ultra rare I really feel that this achievement should be raised to 25, though those with the title should be able to keep it. Thoughts?Tagartou21 Apr 15, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 An issue with one of the Archaeology digsites I have been doing my archaeology now ever since I hit 85 and have maxed it out. I have been trying to get the Epic 2 handed sword from the Troll archaeology digs. That isn't my complaint on not getting it yet. My complaint is in Twilight Highlands there is a dig site that goes all the way through an area that is full of NPC mobs that are really close together and respawn pretty fast. I just want to know if you plan on getting rid of this spot or getting rid of the mobs after you have completed the quest chain that all those mobs are there for? I did finish that quest line and was just curious?Stormywaters2 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Fossil digsites Is there anyway to get these digsites not to spawnKaliie2 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Archaeology rares Did they recently nerf the skill level required in archaeology to find rares? I levelled it near the beginning of the expansion on my 85. At that time I remember looking at a listing on Wowpedia and your archaeology had to be a certain level before the rares started popping up on the solve menu. However I just recently picked it up on this alt and my skill in archeology is only at 16 but yet my first solve for nelf fragments came up with a rare. Just luck, or what?Spìnnìe16 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Jewelcrafting epic patterns Can anyone tell me why the cataclysm epic recipe's for jewelcrafting that you buy for tokens only make rare items? All other professions when you buy an epic recipe it makes an epic item.Hamaman8 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Profession for an unused char Wondering what is a good profession to select for a character I rarely use? My main is BS/Eng, and I already have a farming druid with herb/mining. My useless mage has alchemy atm, and I'm considering what other profession. Which professions can help support a main char better, but don't require a lot of grinding/farming to get the appropriate recipes. Some things I'm considering; Enchanting- I can send all my greens to my alt to be DE'd. I don't expect to farm the cutting edge enchants though to be able to support new BiS enchants for my own character. JC- Is it a money maker? Cutting gems for myself would be nice, but like enchanting, I'm not sure what sort of dedication it takes to get the best cuts to be able to cut my own gems. Tailoring/Leatherworking- Don't really see how these would benefit my other characters, aside from Dreamcloth CD's for making my own 26slot bags. Inscription- I do plan on grinding darkmoon fair rep, so this could be handy there for making cards. Any other benefits for my other characters with this one? What do you guys thing?Devinator4 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Fishing pools What i don't understand is why blizzard had not added any " Deepsea sagefish" pools to the game, seeing as it makes both the spirit and intellect food buff. It would be nice if it was more readily available, rather than just a random cast in which you have a chance of pulling up "Algaefin Rockfish" among other things. Algaefin Rockfish have a huge amount of pools spread over WoW, so where is the love for the casters blizz? </3Bartush6 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 What do I do with all my Gems? Im going to be honest here, I pretty much have no idea what I am doing. I have 3 stacks of each green gem and a stack of each rare gem. I need to level enchanting so i was considering making necklaces to DE. I don't have any rare cuts yet, just got back to the game from a break,but just from looking at the ah the only ones that sell are Bold,Brilliant,Delicate, i was going to buy those first and then maybe some meta's after that. Other than what should i be doing with my stuff? Thanks, DredayDreday20 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Carnelian Ok guys I just ran into someone who wanted to get rid of 14 stacks of Carnelian and he sold it at 2800 gold which seemed like a good price. I want to craft it for DEing purposes so which item is best for crafting when it comes to Carnelian and Nightstone?Roix26 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Archaeology=Digging for fossils? I always thought that Paleontologists Dug and studied fossils….lol Yes, I know it is only a game but really? Ankiana2 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 What Mats you saving for 4.1/4.2 Hey farmers and crafters, What items and materials are you saving come 4.1 and 4.2. Do you think there will be any new craftable items come 4.1? I'm fairly confident that 4.2 will definetly have new craftable items, but will 4.1?? What items will you save? Personally ive saved 200 of each Volatile And 500 Cloth :) What else should we be farming? Enjoy :DAngeloffire11 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Engineering Stuck at lvl 234 ive recently started doing Engineering but when i got to lvl 234 it wouldent go any higher..does anyone know what i could do?Rädish4 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Archeology rare suggestion I have a suggestion for an archeology rare. Have a blue or purple rare be some kind of portable anvil/forge. I love working on my tradeskills but the mining/BS/engineer ones are often held hostage to the need to return to a major city frequently to smelt/craft. I don't think this would be too overpowered given that most professions can craft their goods anywhere, and this would be a good item to reward those that worked on Archeology. Naturally, I think Dwarfs would be the best race for this but maybe for variety make this a Vrykul or Orc rare, since those two don't have much in the way of other rare artifacts (and the two that they do have are of limited usage). Lorewise, both those races have expertise in metalworking for their warriors.Claire2 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Leveling Fishing Alliance Help I was just wondering where is a good spot to level fishing. And make some money at the same time I hear people talking about devite fish sell for like 1g a peace but I have no idea where to fish at. If someone could help me that would be great.Breezyod4 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Chaos Orb I have a blacksmith needing Chaos Orbs....and I hate doing dungrons.....why is this game always geard for pve players...I'm pvp player...not good I've been playing this game for over 5 years blizz wake up...you are makeing ppl spam for gold or hackers....Hycin5 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Blacksmithing Issues I need some help with this one. How is it in WOTLK we are able to create or specialize in either weapon or armor and get 1 specialized weapon or armor to create but we cant do so in Cata? I dont get it as B.S. we should be able top make weapons and/or Armor. I think we should be able to make bows, swords, axes, pole and staves. It seems we are limited in this expansion. I would like some feed back from some fellow B.S.'s or anyone else for that matter.Plagueoria3 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Foe Reaver 5000 Scavenging. Foe Reaper 5000 in Heroic Deadmines can only be scavenged by engineers that are Gnomes. This is unfair because all other professions can harvest from bosses without needing a racial bonus.Hematemesis6 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Palladin/DK Flight Speed This needs to be nerfed to the ground. It is extremely unfair that as I'm flying looking for herbs that I get passed by a Paladin or DK. I have the same mount as they do but just because they are a Paladin/DK they can get to the Herbs faster than I can. This is extremely unfair that they can fly faster. Everyone should be able to go the same speed with no enhancements. What makes them so special that they fly faster? It's incredibly unfair to the rest of us. They can do every gathering profession along with Archeology FASTER THAN ANYONE ELSE!!! This needs to stop. It needs to be that you need to toggle between gathering and not gathering. If you're gathering you get 0 speed enhancements this way its fair to everyone. If you are in non-gathering mode you get your flight speed enhancement but you can't gather. You have to switch spec's/toggle if you will back into your gathering mode in order to gather said node. I think this is the only fair solution to deal with this completely unfair advantage that Paladin/DK's get. Trumadore7 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Looting & Skinning... Blizz, Any plans on opening up the ability to skin something after a player has failed to loot it completely? Like say, putting a timer on it that allows others to loot it? 30sec maybe? Gets annoying in TB when someone doesnt loot the crocs.. kthxbyeBarbaque12 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Limited Blacksmith abilities I am wondering why the B.S. cant make weapons for cata grade weapons? We were able to do so up to WOTLK. It seems it was or has been taken away. Why now allow us to make weapons like bows, swords, axes or any other weapon for that matter or have us choose one or two to specialize in and/or weapons and armor. I know it would cost a lot like Vial of sands or something even more expensive but why are B.S. being limited. Atleast allow a specialization in a weapon and/or armor that is ilevel 372.Plagueoria3 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 +5 Engineering enchant? Or item? I would like to skin Foe Reeper but it's apparently impossible unless you're a gnome?Waat9 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Recipe: Vial of the Sands should be BoA So, we all know that leveling Archaeology isn't the most fun thing to do. When I started leveling Archaeology, I didn't know about this mount. I figured this out when my Archaeology was around 300. This toon isn't an alchemist and I don't want to go through that ruthless grinding again on another toon just for this recipe. Are there any plans on making this a Bind to Account recipe?Demontor0 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Mining Help Hey i just started mining and i go to look for the find minerals abilty and i can't find it anywhere does anyone know where it could be?Elefi2 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 The Cauldron problem So the cauldrons are an awesome item for any raid, don't really need to go into the whys of it but i think many people understand that. Basically the biggest problem with them is you have to have the alchemist who makes them to be in the raid... because they are soulbound items. I understand why they are soulbound because otherwise they would just be another thing going up on the AH (which would defeat the guild achievement idea). My question is this, is there any way to make them guild bound in some way to allow a guild member to make them and still allow them to be used in a raid (when you don't have an alchemist in your raiding group)? because it becomes problematic when you have the ability to make them but have to force a raid member to have that skill. Would it be incredibly difficult (impossible) to make another form of bound items? we already have BoP BoE and BoA, is there anything stopping a Bound to guild type of item? What happens when your alchemist isn't able to come to the raid tonight does the guild get the short end of the stick? I would love to hear input from any and all players and see what you all think about this (don't see why other Bound to guild items couldn't be made Engineer seems a likely start). Perhaps Seafood Magnifique could be another example of an item being guild bound (although everyone can learn cooking, so it is not exactly equitable).Moreman9 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Enchanting: Shatter Those Shards! With the advent of the LFD system, finding shards to enchant with has become no problem. My question is, why is there not a shard shattering option (like void shatter) that allows for shattering of lower shards into their equal level mats?Rapacious20 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 [Tailoring] Cloth Scavenging in LFD Groups As a Tailor, one of my favorite perks -if not my favorite- is Northrend Cloth Scavenging. Cloth Scavenging, as described on the tooltip, allows you to "sometimes find additional cloth on Northrend humanoids". For those of you that don't know, Northrend Cloth Scavenging also works on Cataclysm mobs. Despite what the ability says on the tooltip, this has been tested and proven by numerous people, and if you doubt my word, many other Tailors will be able to confirm it. Now... the main flaw this perk has is that other people have to loot their mobs so that the Tailor can check that mob for extra cloth. That almost sounds reasonable, except most people in LFD don't even loot their mobs. They let other people loot the greens, then gladly roll on them, but they do not loot a single mob throughout an entire run (not even when there is downtime/afks). On average, I would say that 3 out of 5 mobs aren't looted. This is just a guess based on my own experience/what I've seen, but I'm pretty sure it's somewhat accurate (-/+ 1 error margin). The reason I'm here is I just got kicked from a group for asking them to loot. I don't know about other servers, but on mine, Embersilk stacks go for around 40g (not lower than 30, not higher than 50). Every bit of cloth I can get helps. And basically, when other people are too lazy to right-click on a mob which is "given to them" for being in the group, my profession perk goes to waste. I am left knowing that if the perk didn't make me depend on other people to loot, I would have come out of the instance with 2-3 additional cloth stacks. I wouldn't be making this post if I didn't feel like I was talking on behalf of a wider audience... If it only affected me, I would accept my loss and move on. But truth is, I'm sure tons of other Tailors have been in this same situation before and -like me- would like to see the system change. Hope this thread results in an improvement to WoW and not in trolls and flames. Sincerely, - Hardmoad of Blackrock-USHardmoad6 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Vial of the Sands and Druids Does a druid using Vial of the Sands come out of dragon form to gather? I know everyone else does, and I assume druids do too since it isn't a druid form, but I wanted to confirm if anyone happens to know.Cedarblade13 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Deepsea Sagefish. Pools please.Sataniktaco75 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Archaeology question So my friend brought this up that you have to be 450 for the destroyer of worlds to show up because its a level 85 weapon is this trueJalee2 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Blizzard screwed professions up big! I am tired of people always thinking they can ask for enchants or gems or other profession specific goods with their own mats and then tip barely anything. This is complete BULL! Blizzard needs to go back and reamp all the profession rules so that u can only obtain mats for ur profession. This will ensure that enchanters are the only people who can D/E and JCs are the only ones who can get gems, ect. This will make it so there is no more of this I have my own mats for a 375gold enchant but with my mats I will have you make it then tip u maybe 10gold. THAT IS COMPLETELY ABSURD! Blizzard please do something about this. Every profession has a means to profit by doing this, miners= only people who have ore, Herbalism= only people who can get herbs, skinners= only people who can get skins, Eng= only peps who have advance gadgets(which should be allowed in arena and bgs) they can buy ore from miners for gadgets, Tailors= only people who can craft cloth gear and special cloth, Blacksmith= only people who can craft plate gear they can get ore/bars from miners, LW= only people who can craft Leather/Mail items they can buy leather from skinners, Inscription= only people who can make inscriptions/darkmoon cards they can buy herbs...ect. If blizzard set the professions so that players can only buy goods that serve their profession we wouldnt have the issue of cheap scapes who low ball those making them products. Gold would still be balanced since everyone would have a means to make gold with their specific professionDisrupt8 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Archaeology RNG Writing this thread for my displeasure with the RNG for Archaeology. I have been grinding for the AQ mount and based on all the forums I have been reading most players have obtained this mount in the 200s tolvir solves. Of course you have the lucky ones in which most cases dont even go for the mount and get it in their first few solves. I am currently over 1300 total solves and am at 287 tolvir solves with no luck. I agree that this should be rare and tough to get but once a player gets in to the hundreds of solves the chances should improve slightly. With the current method i may never get it. I have self imposed a limit of 300 tolvir solves before cancelling my subscription to this game. I will not be one of the players in the 400 solves. I was asked to write this by GM so here it is. I hope I am still playing this game in the next few days as i am quickly approaching 300 tolvir solves. good luck to all going for this rare as i am not having any luck myself.Jomach2 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Suggestion for Fishing A Tacklebox like icon next to your Fish icon in your professions tab, inside of it you could keep your fishing poles and bait that you buy, awarded, or find. Also the fishing bonus you get from the different fishing poles is given to all of the fishing poles you own depending on which fishing pole is the highest that you had obtained. (For Example, you have a fishing pole that gives +10 to fishing then all of your fishing poles have +10, that bonus will remain until you gain a fishing pole with a better bonus.) This will allow players to use which fishing pole that they like without losing any bonuses.Zidain0 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Best looking weapon enchant? So I just finished my lovely darling Sulfuras tonight, and need to slap a weapon enchant on it. Which one do you think looks the most badass?Kolotaro7 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Rare Gem Shatter Ability Please add in the ability to Shatter Rare gems into 2-3 Uncommon gems like Enchanting can with Crystals, Jasper are 3x more expensive than Dream Emerald if not more and so are a couple others on the Auction House.Powerforged14 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 13, 2011 Completionist Enchanting Needs Help! Now that ZA is being retooled and us enchanters are probably going to lose our valued Sealed Scroll case (sold by Gunther in 70 tuned ZA), we have no other place to really attempt to farm our beloved enchanting formulae. Turn up the formula drop rate please! I need may battlemaster chant and with the case gone, I have no other way to get it other than just dumb luck. *sniff*Manahammer1 Apr 13, 2011
Apr 13, 2011 Fishing Dailies: to fish, or not to fish... It seems as though the fishing dailies don't give you anything anymore. At least not the ones in Orgrimmar/Stormwind. Every bag you get gives you garbage that is more worth it to me to toss away rather than sell the trash. Is it supposed to be like this because it's a vanilla fishing daily? The fishing dailies in Dalaran reward you with at least some interesting things and occasionally you get trash that sells for 10g here and there. But that would require going back to Northrend and that definitely isn't worth it to me. Am I missing a Cataclysm level fishing daily somewhere? If so, can you please send me in the right direction? If not, why isn't there one?Ainotna19 Apr 13, 2011
Apr 13, 2011 Engineering Should have more Creatable items a good idea for a item Engineering should get. A speech translator usable on any alliance player to decode what they are saying usable by only Engineers gnome/goblin no more BUR and silly stuff, Just a random idea =) Batizer0 Apr 13, 2011
Apr 13, 2011 Question about Archaeology rares(85 BOAs) Just a quick question. Do you have to be level 85 *AND* 450 to start getting the BOAs, or just over 450? I'm at 525 on this character, just wondering if I should use him as an archaeology alt, instead of leveling it up again. Don't really plan on leveling to 85 with him.Kharanis6 Apr 13, 2011
Apr 13, 2011 Is the bonus from Insc better than LW? First, I'd just like to point out that I'm a noob... That been said, which one of those professions has the best final bonus for a Worgen Hunter: Inscription or Leatherworking? Searching on the web I found that leatherworking gives me the "Draconic Embossment - Agility - 130 Agility for a bracer" while inscription gives me "[Swiftsteel Inscription] 130 Agility, 25 Mastery (+80 Agility) for a shoulder" whatever this "25 Mastery (+80 Agility)" might be it seems like a better choice but... Aren't the shoulders enchantments usually better than those for bracers? Than wouldn't those bonuses prevent me from putting an enchantment on my shoulders/bracers? As you can see, I'm really lost. Thanks for the help...Warwicked9 Apr 13, 2011
Apr 13, 2011 Uncommon gem vendor prices? Do you guys think this is going through today? In class I was doing some research and this was all players opinion off course but they were predicting the whole market to crash if it goes through because Obsidium Ore and Elementium will not even be worth investing on. I personally think that they are going to hold back on the vendor price nerf.Roix10 Apr 13, 2011