UI and Macro

Oct 26, 2010 Welcome: Please Read! Welcome to the UI and Macro Advancement forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss user interface customizations for World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
Jul 9 FAQ: Installing & Troubleshooting AddOns How to Install AddOns for World of Warcraft - By Unkle of Grounding Totem, US Kirin Tor - With a tip of the hat to Lopeppeppy for her original guide. When AddOns are properly installed, a new button appears in the lower left corner of the character selection screen of World of Warcaft, labeled AddOns. If you do not see this button, your AddOn is not properly installed or no AddOns are installed at all. - Where to Get AddOns Always download your AddOns from a reputable source. The author of this guide recommends you use the following sites for most of your AddOn needs. ● WoWInterface.com - http://wowinterface.com/ ● Curse.com - http://curse.com/ - Extracting your AddOns AddOns are delivered in compressed files to save space on hosting sites servers and to reduce the amount of time it takes you to download them. They are commonly in .zip format with some .rar format files. Windows and Macintosh computers have native support for .zip files. If your AddOn is compressed in .rar format, you will need another program to open them. Your web browser may also be able to open compressed files for you automatically after they are downloaded. For Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 users I suggest 7-Zip. ● http://www.7-zip.org/ For Mac OSX users I suggest The Unarchiver. ● http://wakaba.c3.cx/s/apps/unarchiver.html When the AddOn is extracted, you should have a folder that is named the AddOn’s name. ... Some AddOns have sub-folders inside their main folder. This is fine, and you should leave them there. Some AddOns are called one name, but are really multiple AddOns delivered together. When this happens, you download a compressed file that has several folders in it. ... - Where to Put AddOns Once You’ve Extracted Them AddOns belong in the following folder: World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns ... Put the folder you extracted into the correct folder for your operating system. Correctly installed, my example AddOn, Fane, looks like this: ● Windows XP C: \Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Fane [C:] (or which ever drive you have the game installed on) |----World of Warcraft |----Interface |----AddOns |----Fane ● Windows Vista or Windows 7 C:\Users\Public\Games\ World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Fane Windows Vista or Windows 7 [C:] |----Users |----Public |----Games |----World of Warcraft |----Interface |----AddOns |----Fane ● Mac OSX [Macintosh Hard Drive]../World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Fane [Macintosh Hard Drive] |----World of Warcraft |----Interface |----AddOns |----Fane The most common issue with why your AddOn won't load. If you have an extra folder layer in the mix, your AddOn won't load. [C:] |----World of Warcraft |----Interface |----AddOns |----Fane1234567 <-- Extra Folder. Bad folder. No biscuit. |----Fane More Installing Resources: ● WoWInteface.com’s Instatll FAQ: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/faq.php?faq=install#faq_howto_install ● WoWInteface.com’s Image of Correctly installed AddOns: http://www.wowinterface.com/storage/faq/correct.gif ● Seerah’s excellent YouTube video for installing AddOns (using WinZip on Windows XP). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dylXGXET8OA - What to Do When Something Goes Wrong ● Make sure AddOns are in the correct directory. - Do you have more than one copy of WoW installed? If so, did you put the AddOns in the right copy’s folder? This is especially important if you install multiple copies of the game, or you’re installing the game from DVD after a major expansion such as Wrath of the Lich King or Cataclysm. You can right-click on the icon you use to launch WoW (Windows) or use "CMD+I" (Mac OSX) to get the properties for the short cut. The properties will tell you the "Target" of the shortcut (or alias) which is where your copy of WoW is installed. - Did you extract the AddOn correctly? Make sure you are unzipping/uncompressing your addons. WinZip, WinRar, 7zip, The Unarchiver and StuffIt (for Mac) are common unzipping programs. See the section above on Extracting Your AddOns. WinZIP users: You must make sure the option to "Use Folder Names" is checked or WinZIP will just extract the files and not make the proper sub-folders. - Did you accidentally get an extra folder layer? If you have a folder called something like AddOnName6.01.01 with folders under that named like the examples above, you’ve copied the wrong things to your AddOns folder. See the section above on Extracting Your AddOns. ● I used the Repair Tool and now my AddOns are gone! When the repair tool is run the Interface and WTF folders get renamed with the date added to the file name. This means those AddOns won't get loaded. You can simply rename the folders without the date. If the problem that caused you to run the Repair Tool was being caused by a rogue AddOn you’ll have the problem again if you do this. ● Don’t install AddOns while WoW is running. WoW doesn't register addon changes until you exit the game and restart it. Save yourself some frustration and install only when you’ve completely exited the game. Log in to check them, log back out as necessary to fix things. ● My AddOns didn’t load after a patch! From the character select screen, click the AddOns button. In the upper right corner of the AddOns screen, check the "Load Out of Date Addons" box.Unkle341 Jul 9
Oct 29, 2012 UI Development Resources (PLEASE DO *NOT* POST QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD, POST THEM IN THE FORUM) The following is a collection of useful resources for UI users and developers. This list is likely not comprehensive, but hopefully provides a good starting point for newcomers. WoW UI Development IRC Channel A great and active resource for AddOn developers is the IRC channel that can be found at: Server: irc.freenode.net Channel: #wowuidev There are frequently a large number of knowledgeable AddOn authors present who can answer questions, provide opinions, and point folks in the direction of appropriate resources. (If you have a question there, just ask it, don't ask for permission to ask!) Iriel20 Oct 29, 2012
Nov 4, 2014 AddOn Development Reference (PLEASE DO NOT POST QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD, USE THE FORUM FOR QUESTIONS) While there are numerous sites available with WoW UI API Documentation, there are a number of useful features that aren't exactly API calls, but are really useful to AddOn developers. Extracting UI Files (coming shortly given cataclysm changes) Lua File Arguments Whenever WoW loads and runs an AddOn's .lua file (not including saved variables), it passes in two parameters which can be accessed via the ... token: local addonName, addonTable = ...; The addonName is the name by which WoW is referring to the AddOn, based on the capitalization of the AddOn's .toc file. The addonTable is a private table which is sent to every file in a particular AddOn (but is distinct from the table sent to other AddOns). The game maintains no global registry of these tables, so it's garbage collected if not used, and an AddOn must grab its own reference to use it later. Iriel14 Nov 4, 2014
Nov 16, 2010 UI Add-On Development Policy 7/15/2009 Music Distribution through UI Add-Ons We have recently seen a number of User Interface Add-Ons that are making modifications to the World of Warcraft in-game music files and wanted to take a moment to go over some important points with the community in connection with this. While we are currently allowing Add-Ons that remove or replace existing sound files, keep in mind that it is illegal to distribute copyrighted materials, in this case in-game music and audio files, without authorization. One of the primary goals of the user interface is to allow players to customize their game experience and we hope to avoid making any modifications in the future that will prevent this. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 4/13/2009 UI Add-On Development Policy Update On March 20, we released the new add-on development policy to the public as an ongoing effort to help ensure add-on integrity, safety, and quality for the community. Since that time we have been in touch with many UI development communities on what the policy means to them and the continuing development of these add-ons. We would like to announce further that we are providing a sixty-day grace period beginning at the time of the initial release of the policy for UI developers to comply with the new policy. After May 19th, Blizzard Entertainment will begin to enforce the Add-on Development policy, and developers found to be in violation of this policy will be contacted directly. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- World of Warcraft User Interface Add-On Development Policy With the continuing popularity of World of Warcraft user interface add-ons (referred to hereafter as "add-ons") created by the community of players, Blizzard Entertainment has formalized design and distribution guidelines for add-ons. These guidelines have been put in place to ensure the integrity of World of Warcraft and to help promote an enjoyable gaming environment for all of our players - failure to abide by them may result in measures up to and including taking formal legal action. 1) Add-ons must be free of charge. All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on. 2) Add-on code must be completely visible. The programming code of an add-on must in no way be hidden or obfuscated, and must be freely accessible to and viewable by the general public. 3) Add-ons must not negatively impact World of Warcraft realms or other players. Add-ons will perform no function which, in Blizzard Entertainment's sole discretion, negatively impacts the performance of the World of Warcraft realms or otherwise negatively affects the game for other players. For example, this includes but is not limited to excessive use of the chat system, unnecessary loading from the hard disk, and slow frame rates. 4) Add-ons may not include advertisements. Add-ons may not be used to advertise any goods or services. 5) Add-ons may not solicit donations. Add-ons may not include requests for donations. We recognize the immense amount of effort and resources that go into developing an add-on; however, such requests should be limited to the add-on website or distribution site and should not appear in the game. 6) Add-ons must not contain offensive or objectionable material. World of Warcraft has been given a "T" by the ESRB, and similar ratings from other ratings boards around the world. Blizzard Entertainment requires that add-ons not include any material that would not be allowed under these ratings. 7) Add-ons must abide by World of Warcraft ToU and EULA. All add-ons must follow the World of Warcraft Terms of Use and the World of Warcraft End User License Agreement. 8) Blizzard Entertainment has the right to disable add-on functionality as it sees fit. To maintain the integrity World of Warcraft and ensure the best possible gaming experience for our players, Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to disable any add-on functionality within World of Warcraft at its sole discretion. For more information... If you are an add-on developer and have any questions about and this User Interface Add-On Development Policy and how it pertains to the add-on that you've developed, please don't hesitate to email us at WoWUI@blizzard.com. Nethaera0 Nov 16, 2010
Jul 1, 2014 UI Add-On Changes Compilation The number of sticky threads that have accrued in the UI and Macro forums have been cleaned up and combined into this compilation thread for reference purposes. 5.1 Battleground Queues and Addons http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199643338 5.4 Addon Changes – Saved Variables http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9362996672 5.4.7 Changes to Battle.net® chat http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11437004031 5.4.8 Changes to CVars While In-Combat http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12674209697 6.0 UI Add-On Changes http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13421662064Rygarius1 Jul 1, 2014
9h Macros - What Every Player Needs to Know Table of Contents: ------------------------------- 1. Intro - Macro Basics 2. Macros - What can they do? 3. Macros - What can they NOT do? 4. Conditionals - How do they work? 5. Scripting - What is possible in a macro? 6. Macros - Tips, Tricks, and Shortcuts 7. Off-GCD Abilities List 8. More to Come 9. FAQ 10. Reserved 1. Intro - Macro Basics Macros are a very useful tool within the World of Warcraft client. They allow you to combine multiple actions onto a single button. While the entire macro will run every time, actions which trigger the Global Cooldown will stop later GCD actions from functioning. You can make a macro to take almost any action you can click or keybind, with certain restrictions. Macro commands can be made more useful with [conditionals], snippets that check on various things to allow a small degree of decision making. While macros stop at the first valid item from the top down, individual commands stop at the first valid conditional, from left to right. Macros can be used to execute scripts, small snippets of Lua code, from within WoW without the use of an external addon. This is done by using the /run command. Scripting is an advanced feature and is explained more in detail in post 5. There are a number of tips, tricks, and shortcuts to help you get the most out of your macros. Most of the ones listed have come from this very forum, and I have consolidated them here to make it easier. My intention is to continue to expand this post with more useful information over time, so feel free to add a post with any questions or useful information you think I should add.Adreaver180 9h
8m Quest Mob Nameplates Always Visible Earlier today I hit something and changed the settings on Blizzard's default nameplates. Whatever I did, I've set it to show nameplates for quest specific mobs 100% of the time, any time the nameplates are set to "On (Auto)". My current settings shown in the interface menu are to only have the Personal Resource Display, Flash on Aggro Loss, and Minor Enemy Units checked. The rest are left unchecked, as I have no need for larger nameplates, always on nameplates, or minions shown. Example of issue: http://i.imgur.com/vpePTzB.png Current Interface Options: http://i.imgur.com/VRgisyZ.jpg In hindsight, using a nightmare affected area of Val'sharah was a bad idea, but it worked to show the disparity of the problem. On the left is a normal mob, not affiliated with any quest that I'm on in game, and there is no nameplate visible even when they're turned to "On (Auto)". On the right, circled in red, is a mob relevant to "Twisted Ash". Visible underneath is the Quest Unit Circle, at his feet... hooves. I've tried to turn it off by going through the nameplate options under AdvancedInterfaceOption's CVar browser. However, I'm not finding anything relevant. I know, however, that it's not a complete list (It's missing the "ShowQuestUnitCircles" for example, which would turn off the Quest Unit Circle.) and I'm thinking there's an option not listed that I accidentally triggered to turn on whatever option permanently shows quest-related nameplates. If anyone could help me find a way to turn them off when I'm out of combat so there's no disparity between quest mobs and non-quest mobs I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd continue digging myself but I somehow reset half my addon preferences in the process and don't want to make that mistake again. If that's just how it's supposed to be and I never noticed, any clarification to put my mind to rest would be appreciated as well. Thanks in advance.Hnetu2 8m
11m 3 to 5 must-have addons, semi casual raider I've raided for years and just getting back in (this time as Destro lock and Mistweaver) I don't want to go overkill here, so plz name the top mods that would help me raid. The only thing I have installed now is Grid.Honeypigg1 11m
1h Grid Issue with Bestow Faith So, I've noticed an odd problem while using Grid. It is with bestow faith. If I try to apply it after clicking on the raid member or dungeon group participant I want to heal, it won't apply. I have to move my mouse cursor off grid, and apply it. I tried making a mouse over macro for it, still nothing. Anyone else notice this? For any other heal, I can leave my mouse hovered on grid and move through the people and spam heal away.Vartonis2 1h
1h Something Similar to NPCScan - Non Rare mobs So I'm looking for an add-on that will let me select a mob in particular and then show me where to go to find mobs similar to that selected mob. For instance, if I wanted boars from Elune forest, it'll show me something that will direct me to more. Does anyone have something similar to that? Or do I not have some option in NPCScan activated?Archemedies1 1h
3h keybinding help please I currently have an IMAC running OS-X el captain at it most updated form and the same with wow Im also gaming on a 2014 Razer Naga ( 2014 ) and Death-stalker keyboard. The issue Im having is I am attempting to key-bind abilities to the keys on the side of the mouse. I already use the mouse keys for my main action bar and such but for the multi action bars I want to use the mouse keypad as well because of the easier access. However it isn't letting me I want to know if you can have thee keypad on the side of the Naga bound to your main action bar aswell as use it for your multi action bars by pressing something like <shift>+<# on the side of the mouse> , because it hasnt registered for me in the key binding interface in wow. All help is appreciated and if any one can give me a solution or path to completeion that would be greatLumiar1 3h
3h Macros in Legion I know we can create them. But I wonder why is is still so difficult to get the current list of macro commands. I did a general search at the game level and got only 4 hits, the newest was 2014. You search outside of WoW and can get a few hits, sites where someone has done some add-on like thing they want you to pay for. Even Wow-wiki does not seem to list them. So why is there not an easily found list of macro commands that are legion current and easily locatable?Richardcyphr5 3h
3h Misdirection on Bodyguard Hi All, I had posted this in the Hunters forum but it probably makes more sense here! Just started playing WoW again about a month ago after a 7 year hiatus and have a simple question about a macro for my hunter. I did some searching on the forums and Google but couldn't find a specific answer and figured this would be much quicker! I'm currently using one of my followers as a bodyguard and am trying to do simplify my misdirection macro to include him. Right now I just use a basic macro that I found on here. It will cast misdirect on a mouse over, if none exists, focus and target after that. I'm using this one, which I pulled off Icy Veins: #showtooltip Misdirection /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead]Misdirection It would be nice if I could have it always cast on my bodyguard if I have no focus or friendly target but I can't figure it out. This way I don't have to have a separate macro for my bodyguard or have to worry about setting him as my focus. I tried as best I could using other Macro resources but cannot get any macro to cast directly on him. I can set him as the focus and then it works but my whole idea is to not have to set a focus in the first place. Would I just have the last line in brackets cast directly on the target? Would I use his name, in this case Rexxar? Thank you for any help, it is much appreciated!!!!Njoror3 3h
4h How do I make my nameplates fade @ 40 yds? So because all my abilities max range is 40 yards, and same with other enemy players, I would like their name plates to fade out when they aren't in range of me. I'm using tidy plates although I'm pretty sure it was doing it before I downloaded it. ThanksSocksy2 4h
6h move anything http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749276039Eurø1 6h
6h Camera Zoom Distance Hello! I used to be able to use the following commands to make my camera zoom out pretty far, farther than I am able to now: /console cameraDistanceMax 50 /console cameraDistanceMaxFactor 4 This seems to have stopped working. Is there a new way to go about doing this or has Bliz gotten rid of that functionality?Øókäçhùçä1 6h
6h Question about WeakAuras I'm a bit new to the addon but I'd like to set it up so it shows me an icon of Arcane Familiar when I don't have it active, as a reminder to activate it. Is there a way to do that?Maleficus1 6h
7h Macro help Hello i'm looking to make a macro for casting Cinderstorm while its off cd and then while it is on cd for it to cast Fireball. I don't have very much experience with macros so any help would be greatly appreciated!Wtfusay1 7h
7h Missing Raid Party frames/window. For the past week or so I've noticed the party frames go missing whenever I'm in a raid group. They'd be present in dungeon groups, but missing once I'm in a raid so it looks like I'm not even in a group at all (which gets annoying when I need to find party members for whatever reason). Does anyone know an addon which would cause these frames to go missing, or how to get it back? I tried going to Options > Raid Profiles and turning on 'use raid style party frames' but even that bugged up and disappeared on me, even took a while to load (thankfully the toon I was trying to get it to work on wasn't a healer).Sokar66 7h
7h Honor Talents on hotbar disappearing I hit level 2 in honor and got the Gladiator's Medallion talent. Placed it on my hotbar in case I get drawn in PVP combat. Everytime I log out or change zone it disappears off my hotbar. What gives? How do I get this to stay on my hotbar? I'm using base UI with no addons at all.Helspeth3 7h
8h Addon to move corruption/pride frame Is there any addon that allows you to move the Blizzard frame for debuffs like Corruption/Pride to? thanks in advanceUzul3 8h
8h WeakAuras: Indicator for Secondary Pet I'm trying to find a way to track my second pet's living status and health. To be more specific, I'm looking for a way to show my Risen Skulker's status (similar to Hati for beastmastery hunters). I've already tried a google search with no such luck.Bonzu0 8h
8h Need to change background Active Quest List I want to make what seems like a very simple change to the Active Quest List which shows as we play. I find that with no background it is sometimes very difficult to read the list. What I want to do is exactly what we can do with the Chat box, to modify the background. I have looked high and low for a solution with no luck. Move Anything was the closest but I could not get the change in background to take on the screen.Drawde2 8h
8h Waypoint Addon? Im looking for an addon that will allow me to make a route out of waypoints that i can follow with a waypoint arrow. I tried TomTom but it doesnt seem to work the way I want it to. Basically i want to make a "circuit" on my map for gathering herbs but each time i make a waypoint in tomtom it deletes the waypoint once you reach it and then goes to the next waypoint instead of keeping it permanent. Anyone know of an addon that will do what im looking for?Ekkar3 8h
9h NPC Chat Text Bottom Mid-Screen Help I hope I'm placing this in the right place - more then that hope I am explaining this somewhat understandable. When a primary NPC chats for a quest line or when you enter a daily area - you get a giant text bubble that covers the mid bottom of your UI. This has gotten me killed numerous times due to inability to move it - and it's where I host the buttons for items, toys, etc. But primarily my Glider (For those long distance jumps.) Is there any way to remove this or an add-on that would allow me to? It's very annoying and I can't seem to find anything to do so.Galve1 9h
9h need a developer add on creater great idea I have this idea on a add on What is it Youtube raid boss videos in-game Puts all current in old raid videos into one plug-in allowing users to easy access raid fight videos from Fat boss All in one add on. Also would like a option to look up any quest while in-game Videos. Would a developer be willing too take on this tasked if possible to even do. This would be helpful in remove the alt tabing from game to youtube.. I don't know if there is already such a addon for youtube but i would love to see this as a addon also It should tell what boss your on in give you suggestions for that boss videoVapex1 9h
11h Are the Ashbringer sound files still in game? Hey everyone, I am using PowerAuras and they have an option of attaching a sound file when your aura goes off. I chose this one /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Ashbringer\\ASH_SPEAK_12.wav") -- It's the 'Kill them all' sound from the Corrupted Ashbringer (found here: http://www.wowwiki.com/Corrupted_Ashbringer#Will_of_the_Ashbringer) Does anyone know if this sound file still exists in the game folders? I need the file itself to put it into the PowerAuras sound file doohickie. Thanks a ton! Solarflair2 11h
11h Target Macro issues In previous expansions I used @PetTarget as a conditional in many of my macros on my hunter to make switching to a new target when my current target dies smoother, similarly I used @FocusTarget & @TargetTarget on my healers to make it easier to cast an interrupt on bosses while healing the party or to do some damage between heals occasionally... However, now it seems that those conditionals are no longer working... I was told that many macro conditionals have been renamed, so I was wondering if maybe these are among those and if anyone knows the new names for them? It would really be useful to have this functionality back on my paladin with some of her heals being attached to attacks such as Judgement of Light and Holy Prism's AoE heal...Ehrin4 11h
12h WeakAuruas functionality in Bartender? I would like to know if there is any way in Bartender to make action bar buttons only visible when the ability is off-cooldown, like what you can do with WeakAuras. If not possible, then what is the easiest way to do that in WeakAuras? Thank you.Hackebeck2 12h
12h npc nameplates stuck at their feet I don't know WTF I pressed last night but ever since I messed with the nameplates, they're stuck at the feet all of the npcs and it's so annoying. I like the nameplates ABOVE their head like I am used to.Eilindris4 12h
14h Target of Target with mods for diff spells I'm trying to create a macro for Purge/Hex. My intention is the following Nomod: Target = hostile? -> Purge Target = friendly? -> Purge target of target Mod:shift Target = hostile? -> Hex Target = friendly? - Hex target of target Been trying this: #showtooltip /cast [harm,nomod] [@targettarget]Purge /cast [harm,mod:shift] [@targettarget]Hex The purge piece works, but the shift for Hex does not. Would appreciate any help!Darkkloud2 14h
19h PvP talent macro Is there an honor talent version of the [talent:#/#] modifier for macros?Dreadfang1 19h
19h cannot get this to work as an addon local f = CreateFrame("Frame") function f:OnEvent(event, addon) if addon == "Blizzard_AchievementUI" then AchievementFrame:HookScript("OnShow", function() AchievementFrameTab3:Hide() end) self:UnregisterEvent(event) end end f:RegisterEvent("ADDON_LOADED") f:SetScript("OnEvent", f.OnEvent) What am i doing wrong?Eurø7 19h
20h Key Bindings: Toggle Garrison Report I'm trying to get the toggle keybind to work. I've opened Game Menu > Key Bindings > Interface Panel > Toggle Garrison Report and tried to set a single key and a bunch of different key combinations. Nothing seems to stick. Is this the right panel? If not where do I find the right one... Would love to be able to open this without having to click the minimap button (so I can hide it).Enzaki6 20h
20h Help with Talent Macro I used to use this command for my talent macro to make to macro icon change according to what talent is chosen. It was working in WoD but not in Legion /run local X=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("<macro>", X"<talent1>" or X"<talent2>" or X"<talent3>") Anyone know how to make this work again in Legion?Djsoda1 20h
20h Frenzied macro I have my bear form on my #5 and am trying to get a macro to put on my bear form # 5 to get it to cast frenzied real quick and shift out of bear form after. The problem I have is that the: /Cast Frenzied Regeneration /Cast Bear Form macro actually "casts" frenzied regeneration, but because the bear form comes so quickly after it doesn't complete the animation, and the ability goes on cooldown without actually giving me the heal. Is it possible to get this to even function correctly?Stargleam5 20h
22h Raid Frames - Increase Debuff Size? Hi, Little bit late on the reason behind me posting this. But we did heroic ilgynoth the other day and when corrupter tentacles would spawn and do spew corruption (very high damage every 2s for 10s) and would appear as a small debuff on my raid frames. I was watching a streamer who is more known for PvP than PvE (Sodapoppin) on his monk and I noticed when he was doing ilgynoth the other day his debuffs were very large on his raid frames. Is this an addon? Is there anyway to increase debuff size on blizzard raid frames?Dèpti0 22h
22h ElvUI Buffs/Debuffs The buffs and debuffs that show up on top of your nameplate in ElvUI, how do I disable these? I have tried going into /ec->nameplates->player frame->buffs/debuffs but it seems as that doesn't even work.Tuxweedo0 22h
23h Help with AddOn Translation I have an AddOn for mages that updates a single MageFoodMac macro based on what mage food is in the mage's bag. It currently uses the English name of the food, but I figured out I can rewrite it to look for the itemID, which should be the same regardless of language. So far, so good, but there is one point that has tripped me up. My main check is for when mages get an item in their inventory. The AddOn searches for the "You receive" or "You create" item text in English. Is there a better way to do this, or is there some easy way I can put the nonspecific language string so it works for everyone? elseif (event=="CHAT_MSG_LOOT") then local arg1 = ... if (strfind(arg1, "You receive item")) then if (strfind(arg1, "Conjured Mana")) then if (GetItemCount(MageFoodCurrent)<1) then MageFoodCount(); MageMacroCreate(); end end elseif (strfind(arg1, "You create")) then if (strfind(arg1, "Conjured Mana")) then if (GetItemCount(MageFoodCurrent)<1) then MageFoodCount(); MageMacroCreate(); end end end Cedric2 23h
23h Macro to toggle friendly/enemy name plates So basically I'm trying to make a macro for my monk that toggles friendly and enemy name plates. Basically like pressing Shift+V. Does that make sense? I'm using it so it's easy to see where the orbs need to be placed /run local a = GetCVar("nameplateShowFriends"); SetCVar("nameplateShowFriends",1-a); SetCVar("nameplateShowEnemies",a); This is what I am using and it works exactly how I want it to... except it only works out of combat!Socksx10 23h
1d marks L90 talents Is there a name for the lvl 90 marks hunter talent row now? It used to be heavy artilary or something and could be used in a macro.Alikka1 1d
1d Addon For Quests I am doing the Suramar quest line, and its getting quite confusing finding all the story line quests. Is there a addon that I can download from Curse, that will display quest starts on the map? I have downloaded one called "Wholly" but it does not seem to be working.Diizzyy4 1d
1d Equip with artifact weapons? I am trying to equip my artifact weapon from my bag with a macro. I can use /equip 4 3 to equip my fishing pole, but when I click it again, it will not equip my artifact weaponArdonn1 1d
1d Please help! Arena Pet Name Plates... Can someone please tell me how to disable all pet/guardian name plates in arena? Yes, I have disabled every option possible in the interface options. I set all the CVAR values to 0 as well. I even tried with no tidy plate addon and everything. They still show up. HELP!Rageland1 1d
1d Custom guild tab addon. Right now I have a custom addon to set some things when I log in, it looks like this. DEFAULT_CHATFRAME_ALPHA = 0 for _,v in pairs({EJMicroButtonFlash,EJMicroButton.NewAdventureNotice})do hooksecurefunc(v,"Show",function(s)s:Hide()end)end SetCVar("TargetNearestUseOld", 1) SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax", 50) Is there something I can add to make the guild window default to the roster tab the first time I open it? (default is news tab) And also to set the sorting by zone?Alikka2 1d
1d ElvUI Quest/Talking Head Font Size ElvUI is amazing. I've spent a good few hours tweaking it to my standards, but there's just one issue that keeps bothering me. It's the font size of the quest dialogue and the talking head. I've tried increasing the overall font size, but it doesn't seem to affect the quest text and talking head font size. Am I missing where that option is or is it missing completely from ElvUI?Valassía0 1d
1d Cast Sequence Macro Help So my Artifact Ability "Stormkeeper" empowers my next 3 Lightning Bolts to do double damage, but I need to be able to cast lightning bolt more than 3 times before the cooldown on Stormkeeper is up otherwise id have to have a 2nd button for Lightning Bolt or Stormkeeper and in which case whats the point of the cast sequence.... here is what I am using #showtooltip /castsequence reset=60 Stormkeeper, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt The problem with it is If I dont cast all of the Lightning Bolts listed, Stormkeeper wont pop back up until I do. But If I Do cast all of them before the cooldown is up it switches back to Stormkeeper and I cant cast Lightning Bolt. (The cooldown on Stormkeeper is 1 minute, hence the reset at 60 seconds) incase anyone was wondering. Anyone have any way to macro Stormkeeper to just appear as soon as its off CD Regardless of how many or how little times Ive casted Lightning Bolt?Remnos1 1d
1d Cast Sequence Macro Failure (Sometimes?) So I have a Cast Sequence macro that lets me cast Icefury, then afterwards 4 Frost Shocks (because Icefury empowers the next 4 Frost Shocks) I seem to have problems with it sometimes where when Icefury becomes available again Ill cast it but then I wont be able to cast the Frost Shocks. sometimes it works, other times it doesnt. not sure why, Ive tried multiple things to see if its gameplay related like not casting all 4 frost shocks or casting 2 with the buff and 2 without or only casting 1 shock without the buff. but it just seems completely random #Showtooltip /castsequence Reset=30 Icefury, Frost Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock Any Ideas?Remnos3 1d
1d Requesting a Weak Aura [Lua] Hey so I have little knowledge of LUA but I do have some knowledge of C++ I've been wanting to create a custom effect that would alert me to the ability "Ghostly Strikes" reaching X seconds. I did some digging around and I have a very loose idea of how to make it and with an attempt I got something that doesn't work. Here is what I made function() local Debuff_name = "Ghostly Strike" local time_remaining = "" local debuff = UnitDebuff("target".debuff_name. null. "PLAYER") if debuff then local time_now = Gettime() local time_expires = select (5. UnitDebuff("target".Debuff_name.null."PLAYER")) local time_left = time_expires - time_now time_remaining = string format ("%.1f".time_left) end return time_remaining end Gárrett1 1d