UI and Macro

Oct 11, 2012 what addons give an unfair advantage i was wondering what addons you guys think grant an unfair advantage i personally think anything that scans areas waiting for things to spawn what do you thinckTuypo6 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 castsequence gets stuck /castsequence Soulburn, Soul Swap I think that the functionality of Soul Swap is what's causing the hiccup, but I don't know how to get around itRetadin5 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Action Bar Swap I'm trying to find a way where I can press a single keybind and have actionbar 1 change to action bar 2, actionbar 3 to action bar 4, and actionbar 5 to actionbar 6. I can easily make actionbar 1 change to 2 using /swapactionbar 1 2, but I cant seem to make any of the other ones work, let alone make them all work in one single macro. Is there something I'm missing? Is there maybe an addon that will help me do this? Please note that I'm not looking to use a modifier solution. I should also note that the solution needs to be something that can be used in combat.Trinityforce3 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Bartender spec specific key binds (or bars) is there a mod that will let me have spec specific keybinds or bars for bartender? Or (as i was just typing this i thought of this) Could i just make two separate profiles and switch them when i switch spec?Nyxtro2 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Addon for cross character meta achievements I'm looking for an addon that will tell me which of my characters is closest to completing achievement X for meta achievement Y. This would help me focus on which characters to play in which ways to get the meta's. Does anyone know of an addon that does this?Freljord1 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 mouseover + shift-focus macro this macro seems to work but I just want check and see if there is a better way of writing it. /cast [mod:shift, target=focus][target=mouseover, exists][nomod] Fel Flame target + no mouseover + no shift = target target or no target + mouseover + no shift = mouseover target target or no target + mouseover or no mouseover + shift = focus Thanks for any help.Betelgeus2 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Getting rid of the invisible chat box border? So around the chat box, there appears to be an invisible border around the chat box that prevents you from moving the chat window all the way to the corner of the screen. Does anybody know of a way to get rid of this pesky problem?Zeul11 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Spell API issues Was posted at bug reports without any effects. Someone recommended to post on UI forum to get proper attention: 1. To wait for BattlePet API ready I should wait for PET_JOURNAL_LIST_UPDATE. It takes too long and fires after combat state if reloading UI during combat or entering world near hostile beasts. And I can't create buttons or frames in my addons while "in combat". Load it faster or wait with combat state. 2. Some functions able to use spellId as argument, some not: GameTooltip:SetSpellByID - yes GetSpellTexture - yes IsCurrentSpell - yes IsAutoRepeatSpell - yes GetSpellCooldown - no IsUsableSpell - yes GetSpellCount - yes IsSpellInRange - no SetAttribute("type", "spell") SetAttribute("spell", id) - no 3. IsUsableSpell(spellId) returns false for example "Demonic Slash" at 0 Demonic Rage (when casting "Immolation Aura"), "Mana Bomb" ("Living Bomb") returns nil, nil always 4. GetSpellCharges(spellId) wrong results for "Demonic Slash" and talented up to 3 Monk's rolls (current charges always 2)Dussy0 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 How do you stop /assist? I'm multiboxing and running into situations where I want the master to tag the target without assistance from the team, but the /assist is persistant between targets. Is there a /stopassistingmeplease or equivalent?Righ1 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Why use oUF? It seems like a lot of my favorite UIs use oUF but I do not understand the advantage. LUA is a lot more difficult to manipulate than Stuf or Pitbull. Does oUF save memory? Does it have features the others do not? Is it just the fun and control of doing your work in LUA? Just curious :)Scian1 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Healbot bug Any other resto sham having your healing wave bind casting greater healing wave instead? Tried reloading ui, reset healbot, rebinding to a different click....seem to be code with healing wave defaulting to greater Anyone else?Shamonu0 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Need help Finding an artwork addon. I see a lot of videos where the background to their action bars is completely black on the bottem, like the whole 1/8th of the bottem of their screen, what is that called? thanks.Nârcoleptic1 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 in-game text editor in need of a little help here, im looking for info on an ingame text editor that can load/edit/save txt files in the warcraft directory, eg: someone says something funny in chat and you control c it then have to alttab to save in a file, id like to be able to just open a document in wow and paste it then save it not to savy with lua or i would try it myselfAspiriñ1 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Xperl and Blizzard Raid frames This is going to sound a bit odd, I'm aware. I'm simply looking for a way to run both Blizz raid UI and Xperl's. I run 2 monitors, and I like how the blizz ui sorts by role, as well as how simple it is, so I run that on my primary screen, but Xperl's wealth of informatinon is also extremely helpful, so I run that on my secondary screen with my other non- essential combat ui stuff (Chat window, recount, minimap, mount bars, etc etc) I had it doing this last expansion, but now it doesn't seem to work. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!Dkfeever0 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 What is this addon? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVtubNuKzGs&list=UU6idiEhlPEreqzCWfQ_GiLw&index=1&feature=plcp 2:37 in, there are two boxes on his cast bar- showing the debuffs on current target, I think. What is this?Dragonsnack2 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 DSK Trouble. Hi, does any1 know of a working version of "Suicide Kings",(loot distribution mod) TYBadsyntex0 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 holy shock paladin macro Can anyone help me with a macro, I want to make a macro that combines holy shock and holy prism together. It would use holy shock and while its on the 6 second cooldown it would cast holy prism instead and when holy shocks back up it uses it again. Thanks a bunch for the help in advance to all you macro pros out there!Talvick1 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 DeathKnight Macro Would there be a way to make a macro that drops Death And Decay right under your feet where you're standing?Bloodbathe1 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 need help with spartan UI i just downloaded, its sleak, its sweet, and i love it...so far, when i logged onto my toon, my regular wow button bars are still their over lapping with the Sui, anyone know what to do?Praxius3 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Addon like Power Auras for Priest I was wondering if anyone knew an addon similar to Power Auras that is updated for the latest patch? It seems like PA won't be updated any time soon so I'm gonna need to start looking at other options. Specifically, I'm looking for something that will give noticeable indicators when certain buffs are present (like trinket procs, Divine Insight for Disc/Holy, etc) or when certain abilities are off cooldown. Any assistance would be appreciated. :)Moringa5 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Brewmaster Macro Hello, I have made a lot of macros before, but I dont know if I can do this, can someone help? I want a macro that casts Black Ox Statue, and shifts to Provoke, but when it casts Black ox, I want it to make my focus my ox statue, and I want it to ctrl to tar my statue and use provoke... can that happen? So summed up; Click, Summon Statue and Set focus Statue Shift Click, Provoke Ctrl Click, Tar statue and provoke And if there is a way to make ctrl click target my focus and provoke, is that better than it just targeting my statue? thanks for helpBacherus1 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Auto reply addon? Hello, I was going to make a buylist of items that I was looking for, but first I was trying to find an addon that auto whispered ppl back a message that i set. So if someone whispers me !buylist or just buylist it auto replies with the stuff that I am buying. Any help would be appreciated thanks.Kyross14 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Dispel Addon Looking for a dispel addon similar to Purgeatory before it got dropped. Not looking for anything super heavy if possible, would like something that displays when I've dispelled via text, or even Icon, that's moveable to an area anywhere on my screen. Tons of mods out there that display dispels in chatlog, but I prefer to hide chat during matches. Anyone know of a mod like this??Phaelle2 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Them pesky lua errors I hate them pesky lua error msgs and they nvr pop up when I'm doing dailies or sitting bsing with the guys it's always bam in the middle of raid or rated pvp is there an addon that just makes them go away or hidden so I don't see them or interutp my game playGei1 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Help with Druid Cleanse and Cyclone macros Apparently the patch that I just downloaded deleted all of my character's personal macros, so I'm trying to get some help with the 2 major ones that I lost. What I'm looking for is a macro that will use my cleanse (Nature's Cure) on a target I have selected, but if I hold down shift it will use it on myself no matter who I'm targeting. I think by default if I have an enemy selected it will cleanse me regardless. The Cyclone macro I'm trying to recreate is one that will cast Cyclone normally, but will cast it on a focus target if I have one and hold down shift (so having a focus target wouldn't automatically make it cast it on the focus target). Thanks.Hobnaker3 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 (Suggestion) Display - Hide Shoulder Armor I have been waiting, pretty much since i started playing WoW for this option, the moment i discovered i could hide my helmet and cloak, i almost died of happiness. Could you guys possibly develop a way to hide shoulder armor please? And to the people who don't want this, its just an option, you can keep your silly shoulder pads visible, I'm just extremely picky about the way my character looks... and YES I've transmogged my armor before, so please refrain from saying "transmog them" I just..don't like my characters looking excessively bulky (or like a box of fruit loops, wearing every color in the spectrum) I would just love the option to hide them is all.Filanna5 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Loot Frame Anyone know if there is an Addon that provides a better visual appearance for the loot frame?Sýde2 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Moving the character profile Hey. Is there a way to move my character profile (the pic of my toon and his health ect in the top right hand corner) so its just on top of my action bar?Rendoring2 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Is it possible to move the blizzard UI? By this I mean, can I find an addon that allows me to move the blizzard UI around the screen, such as the petrification counter for the first raid boss of Mogu'shan vaults, or the hate meter in Shado-pan monastery?Rabzaus2 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 If/Then help(Intervene to banner IF NO focus) I currently have this macro: #showtooltip /cast [mod:shift, @focus] Intervene; Charge Question: Is there a way to make it so that if I do not have a focus, then I would intervene to my banner (assuming it's out)? So in other words, if I have a focus set I'd intervene to that player, but no focus set + banner out then I'd intervene to the banner.Daddie2 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Combat Log field question I'm looking at my WoWCombatLog.txt and I'm seeing something odd. I know what most of the fields are for, but in some instances I'm seeing extra fields at the end. Below is an example. 10/9 19:43:19.684 SPELL_DAMAGE,0x0700000004C5D07A,"Prowleress",0x40514,0x0,0xF130ECA0000004F8,"Stone Quilen",0xa48,0x0,779,"Swipe",0x1,3037,-1,1,0,0,0,nil,nil,nil -1,1,0,0,0,nil,nil,nil is what I'm looking at. Does anyone know what this is? I see these fields primarily on AOE (multi shot, dnd, mind sear, swipe) but I have also seen it on a boss hitting the tank as below. 10/9 19:43:19.654 SWING_DAMAGE,0xF130ECA0000004F9,"Stone Quilen",0xa48,0x0,0x0700000004C5D07A,"Prowleress",0x40514,0x0,17506,-1,1,0,0,0,nil,nil,nilSoulglo2 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 How would I make this simple macro? I don't know a ton about macros and can really only make the simplest ones, so I'm hoping someone can help me. I want to cast the nitro boosts from my engineering tinkered belt and when that runs out, cast power word shield on myself so I get the speed boost from that too. Either one can go first but the main problem is that I don't know how to build a delay into the macro so they don't both trigger at once. Any help? Thank you in advance. :)Covenant4 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Looking for a bit of help! Not much... just want to know what to do to transform this: /2 Bilgewater Locksmiths Inc ***[Pick Lock]*** LFW! (In front of Grommash Hold in Org ... Always free, tip is welcome!) Into... well, you know... a clicky thing (I'm refering to the [Pick Lock]) Was wondering if there was a way to actually have it remain clickable. (Don't feel like retyping everything every time I want to advertise that I'm open for business...) Help... please ?! :)Tenderiser2 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 With all the new rares in the world Please give us an option to clear creaturecache in game? Please. :)Mojones0 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Carbonite TOC/LUA fix Just today i downloaded the newest carbonite file, 5.041. As soon as i logged in my framerate was seriously reduced. I remember this happening to a previous file or patch as well. However i was able to fix it with a Toc and Lua fix that was released. I believe it was released around late august, early september. I must of went back 30 pages in this forum to find the same file in the thread i originally downloaded it from, but it was nowhere to be found. I might have skipped over it accidentally. Just wondering if anyone knows where i might be able to find that fix. Ive searched for hours in the warcraft forums and the carbonite forums to get my game to not lag horribly. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.Nitori0 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 How to add media to my UI library? I want to add fonts and textures to my UI media library. What is the best way to do this? I think I put them in the appropriate folder in My Media (e.g. font, background texture, bar, etc). And then I think I need to add those names to a list - I think I used to have a simple script that read all my new media and added it - not sure. Anyhow, what's the best way? Thanks!Scian4 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Better way to spot guildmates in a crowd Hi - I'm new to the game so forgive me if this question has a well-known answer: Is there an addon or in-game setting that lets the names of my guild mates stand out? For example, sometimes there are dozens and dozens of people standing around Stormwind, and I need to find the two of them are my guild mates. There is no easy way to do this - I have to always ask, "where are you", or if we want to trade but are in a dungeon queue it's not possible to form a group. The easiest thing I can think of would be to change the color of their names (like how PVP names are green) to make them stand out more - but there doesn't seem to be a setting for this. I have a programming background and could bulid a mod, but I looked through the API and am not sure where to start. Any help / advice would be appreciated...Anacron11 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Help finding 2 mods to replace CTmod features So I have been using CTmod for a while but it's getting to the point where I only really like 2 features and as such am looking for mods to replace these 2 features. 1) Turning the default unit frame health bar from green to red fading based on the HP so it would go green->orange->red 2) The ability to have a percent AND health total on or beside the default unit frames, for example right now I have the HP on the health bar and the percentage beside it to the left. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Pandamonium1 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 NPC Names Super Tiny I have a friend who recently started playing WoW she is playing on a 29inch screen and for some reason all her NPC name text is super tiny and distorted (They look like little sticks connecting). Any ideas?Lovegood2 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 New arena frame scripts Hello people. I was using two scripts before mop to show arena frames outside of arenas and move them to a desired location. Mop totally broke them and I suck at writing scripts. Can anyone help me out with an updated version? SHOW: /run ArenaEnemyFrame1:Show();ArenaEnemyFrame2:Show();ArenaEnemyFrame3:Show() /run LoadAddOn("Blizzard_ArenaUI");ArenaEnemyFrames:Show();ArenaEnemyFrame1:Show();ArenaEnemyFrame2:Show();ArenaEnemyFrame3:Show();ArenaEnemyFrame1CastingBar:Show() MOVE: /run ArenaEnemyFrame1:ClearAllPoints() /run ArenaEnemyFrame1:SetPoint("TOPLEFT",- 850, -95) /run ArenaEnemyFrame1:SetScale(1.10) /run ArenaEnemyFr Thanks!Crowing2 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Need help with a few macros. I need help with 3 advanced macros... 1) cast spell A if i press 1 and if I Ctrl mod + 1 = spell B @mouseover if exist and @self if no mouseover... Going to edit in my own spells here. 2) Another macro I need is summon pet with X key... if X is re-pressed pet attacks @mouseover, if no mouseover it attacks current target 3) Lastly how do I cast sequence two spells to hit my focus target or mouseover? e.g. Key 2 = castsequence of holyfire, smite... Shift mod + 2 = holyfire, smite on focus... Ctrl mod + 2 = holyfire, smite @mouseover, if no mouseover, attack current target. Don't worry about the #show tooltip parts... Thanks, you guys are the best!Jexy2 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Healing with DPS, Macro Hey all, This is an odd request, I am looking for help with a macro that allows to me cast a harmful spell on either [@targettarget] or [@target]. For example I often spam lightning bolts on pulls during downtime for healing by keeping the tank targeted and having a macro: #showtooltip /cast [@targettarget] Lightning Bolt However when running out to help with dailies or at times in instances I mistakenly miss click and target the boss, or switch to boss mid fight for various reasons, thus causing my spells to not cast. Is there any way to create a type of or statement for targeting mobs?Desemix2 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Grid Pretty simple problem I can't figure out. I installed Grid. I joined a Sha group, and Grid was only displaying ten raid members including myself. I haven't messed with any of the settings besides the font. I've tried fixing it myself but I've been messing around with the options for about twenty minutes and I'm still stuck this. Any help?Hrrom1 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Autoexec Hey guys I'm not so clued up on scripts. I have a -very- basic understanding. Essentially, what I am in the process of doing is cutting away 99% of my addons and replacing what they do with scripts. What I don't want to do is manually activate these scripts every time I log in. To this end I have found references to something called "Autoexec'; which supposedly auto-loads scripts. Can one of you guys do me a huge favour and help me out? Would be much appreciated.Theninth1 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 DPS taken addon? I've looked everywhere and I simply cannot find any addon that will show my DPS TAKEN at any given time, not done. Does one exist?Thirkbanks8 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Which addon compilation is this? http://i45.tinypic.com/sy154l.jpg Would really appreciate the help :)Newtype2 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Gatherer Hello. I got the Gatherer addon a while ago from Curse after I finished mining Copper. (I don't think I have mined any Copper from Elwynn Forest, or at all since). For some reason, Copper Ore has popped up all over Elwynn Forest for no reason. How come the Iron, Mithril Veins haven't popped up in the zones I got them from? When I hover over the Copper Ore it says... Copper Vein Source: Kelzling Why does it say that? Thanks in advance!Âzzarth4 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Weak Auras graphics issue I have recently been having a stuttering in my graphics during raids, I tried everything I could think of and finally decided to check my addons by disabling. I found that it was weak auras causing the problem. I deleted a lot of my auras and made sure I had none with high cpu usage enabled, but that did not fix it. I really like the addon so if someone knows a solution.Washedupmage0 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 WeakAura Currentlying using weakaura now, Have been using monktimers but this is a bit better. My question is one feature from monktimer i like was the stagger bar was clickable and it would cast purifying brew so i didnt need to have it on the action bar. Not such feature in weakaura but you can add custom code by the looks of it, Any ideas about how to do that?, So when i click say the icon that weakaura has, it casts purifying brewLuccide1 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 What addon is this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-nCm681QE8 the addon that shows skills used, buff & debuffs on top off player. Pls helpGôdfree2 Oct 10, 2012