UI and Macro

Sep 18 Triggering Sounds when Ally has buff Hey guys, I am trying to figure out how to make it so when an ally has a spell on, a sound plays. There are a million addons, scripts, and macros to tell you when YOU have buffs on/off, but not for allies. This would greatly help me sync with my partner/s in arenas, bgs, and raids. For example when a shadow priest in my party casts "Surrender to Madness" I would like the game to play a sound on my client. I understand this probably goes into writing the script myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated!Kurren2 Sep 18
Sep 18 Garrison Report Minimap Icon Upon accepting my Weapon Artifact quest in my Class Hall, the Garrison Report Minimap button vanishes. Is this intentional? How are you supposed to check your status without being IN your Class Hall or Garrison anymore? Is there a way to bring it back? There is an option in the key bindings under Interface Panel to 'Toggle Garrison Report', but setting to anything doesn't actually toggle something. I'm still doing Drainer/Garrison quests and losing this button is kind of a pain.Makanito3 Sep 18
Sep 18 Making a Custom UI/HUD So as I have been playing more, I find it is SO annoying to constantly have to check the top right of my screen for my health and enemies health and enemy casting bars ect. What is the best way to center all of that stuff a lot nicer so you don't have to take your attention away from the fight, which is obviously so bad for PVP. Thanks!Bareb2 Sep 18
Sep 18 Replacement for Auto Loot Spec? Anyone know of an addon that works like this addon did? It let you pre-set a loot specialization for each boss in the dungeon journal, and once you targeted said boss, it automatically changed your loot spec for the boss. It came in handy before gear changed between specs, and now that relics are unique between specs and trinkets still are, it'd be a very handy addon to still have, but it hasn't been updated since MoP. And manually checking the dungeon journal before each and every boss is very daunting. So I was wondering if anyone happened to know of a replacement?Reinhilde6 Sep 18
Sep 18 AOE loot issue In AOE loot situations, the GetLootSourceInfo function is not returning an accurate array of GUIDs and their respective loot quantities. For example, if I kill four Dark Zealots in close proximity in northern Icecrown (near the Argent Tournament) and loot them, all the coin that's looted is attributed to just one of the GUIDs. This is wreaking havoc on my loot tracking addon that I've spent many hours on. :( Can this bug please be fixed asap? I'd be happy to provide more information or supporting screenshots.Gaviin47 Sep 18
Sep 18 Resource bar flashing when resource capped http://imgur.com/P6SaPf4 Is there anyway to turn this off with a macro or script?Trig2 Sep 18
Sep 18 WoW API: spell last casted and cost I'm currently trying to implement a weakaura 'counter' to count the number of each type of demon I have, decrementing this by the number lost after the amount of time has passed. In order to track Hand of Gul'dan, I need to know two things. One: When I have casted it, or if I am casting it. (I do not know the function for this, and cannot find it in the API.) Two: How many soulshards it consumed. As it consumes soulshards over a range depending on how many are available, I could just increase it by the number of soulshards available at the time of casting. However: I need to know this AFTER the cast as completed. Is there some kind of pointer object to the last spell casted?Linkstery2 Sep 18
Sep 18 Holy fire target of target macro I cannot get this to work. I usually just copy and paste then change the action but for some reason Holy Fire will not work. Could someeone tell me what I am doing wrong? I would like a macro that will hit target of target with holy fire. This is what I have right now #showtooltip Holy Fire /cast [@targettarget,harm,exists] !Holy Fire /cast !Holy Fire It does not work. It shows the icon for mind blast as well.Ginni7 Sep 18
Sep 18 Add-on to track total artifact power The total amount collected on a given toon. Does this exist?Teradan1 Sep 18
Sep 18 "You have Honor Talents available." Disable? http://imgur.com/a/gbvpg I'm unable to find an option in the interface options for wow to disable this. There's a talent called "Blood for Blood" that makes Heart Strike take away 10% of my health. I really don't want this as first, I don't really pvp much, second, I don't want it kicking in when I'm doing world quests. Decomposing Aura seems to automatically enable my pvp talents whenever the opposing faction is within range, without directly attacking or AOE'ing them. Can anyone help?Molatov0 Sep 18
Sep 18 Disabling visual effects While some of the new visual effects are cool the first 2-4-10 times you see them, I'm at that place where they are mostly annoying and causing me some issues. Is there a mod or manual changes I can make to get rid of the following. The new drunk effect seems to blur the screen, this really wreaks havoc on my eyes now The standing in poison effects that also blurs\smears whatever the terms is for the effect I don't mind an effect to alert or penalize me for being bad, but these effects are just kicking my eye's butt. The downside is when the effect kicks in, they are having the effect of shining a flash line in my face in that my eyes start squinching, thus making it harder to correct my wrong doing. Mostly it's just hold down the forward key and hope I don't run into something worse. Thanks for any tipsDaleus2 Sep 18
Sep 18 Weakauras - Target in combat ? I've been through a lot of the options but i can't seem to find if there is a way to check if my target is in combat? i know i can load a string if i am in combat but basically what I'm looking to do is create a string so that if my target is in combat it will display an aura that way it makes it easy to tab-target/dot without pulling anything the tank hasn't as there is no way i can tell with all the name plates much less manage to click on one to cast on.Ksa1 Sep 18
Sep 18 Request: Restoration Shaman - Tidal Waves I'm looking for an addon that creates a visual signal of the number of stacks of Tidal Waves. A while back I saw someone post a screenshot with an addon that pictures a small plant that grew based on the number of Tidal Waves stacks. Anyone know what this is? I cant seem to find the post. I'm also looking for a bar-timer for Healing Stream Totem.Naytur1 Sep 18
Sep 18 help me plz so listen u know how like when u have a cat form ability on ur bars and then ur not in form it kinda like goes dark and looks terrible.. how can u make a macro that like shows the cooldown of your cat form ability, such as Ashamane's Frenzy, but doesnt go dark when you exit form..? is this possible?Blayk1 Sep 18
Sep 18 SPriest MindBomb/PsychicScream Macro Hello everyone. I would like to create a macro to put on one of my action bars that will cast mind bomb at my enemy mouseover target, if one exists, and otherwise function normally, if I HAVE taken the Mind Bomb talent (3/1 I believe). Here's the deal, Mind Bomb, when talented, replaces Psychic Scream in your spell book. So, if I have NOT taken this talent, I want this macro to just cast Psychic Scream (which is an area of effect fear, no target required). Halp plz! TYTYTYJuniveth2 Sep 18
Sep 18 Health Bar Addons? Hi all. I use a number of addons on WoW to change my UI around. At the moment, I'm looking for one that changes the look of my characters health bar and the look of my targets health bar. http://oi45.tinypic.com/25p4y9u.jpg I would like to change the health bars in the black box to something similiar in the red box. My favourite health bars that I have seen are the ones used in ElvUI, but I can't use that UI as it takes up the majority of my screen and is not as clean as I'd like. Does anyone know how I can get health bars like the ones I descrbed? Thanks.Syrayline6 Sep 18
Sep 18 Any mod that allows other tabs to dock? Well, poking my feet in, decided to ask on the UI folks here of this. :o So i assume we all know, that the basic chat allows one to undock and move around individual tabs, expect the main tab of course. And you can redock them back into it... what i am wondering for, is, is there ANY Mod or addon that allows one to dock ON the undocked tabs? So far, i'm not really keen into the popular chat mods of Chatter and/or Prat, so i am wondering if there was any minimal mod, or heck, maybe a little aid to set that up myself if possible? ...Not that i know much of addon creation but hey, that's why i'm asking. I appreciate the aid though, or any comment/confirmation of the possibility on this. :ONevliasa0 Sep 18
Sep 18 Bagnon Addon broken for all toons but 1 On my hunter Bagnon sorts and puts all item to the top of my bag window. On every other toon it puts them at the bottom and changing every setting doesn't seem to help. Does anyone else have this problem or know a fix to it?Feridor1 Sep 18
Sep 18 Undocumented Stopcasting Changes? Hello smart people. Prior to 7.0 I had macros with double /stopcasting commands surrounding a spell. This was used to prevent me from casting a spell unless I had instant procs. For example: #showtooltip /stopcasting /use Lightning Bolt /stopcasting I used a macro like this on my enhancement shaman, which would only cast lightning bolt when I had built up 5 stacks of maelstrom weapon. I tried to build something similar for my mage: #showtooltip Flame On /use Fire Blast /use Flame On /stopcasting /use Pyroblast /stopcasting However, when pressed, it will attempt to hardcast Pyroblast, which is undesirable. Did I miss this change in the documentation? Is it intentional? Thanks!Starlust5 Sep 18
Sep 18 Looking for help with nameplate addon I don't use nameplates since vanilla so I always have a hard time multidotting as a subtlety rogue. Today I just had a thought. Is it possible to have nameplates disappear if it has certain dot(dot remaining time can be set) on them? 10 targets near me while nameplates floating every fcking where, I dot one at the time until the screen is clean. Is there an addon that could do this?Shadyrules1 Sep 18
Sep 18 Certain options not saving Whenever I turn off ambient sounds and blacklist Alterac Valley, I log in the next day to see them both gone again. Ambient sounds turns itself back on and Alterac Valley somehow removes itself from my blacklist. It does this literally every single day, sometimes even multiple times in a day. Help?Soliouss7 Sep 18
Sep 18 Simple Group Targeting Macro So, when I used to play a healer a long time ago I could target the group member positions and then add the /cast (whateverspell) so that I could 1 click heal abilities. But it seems they have changed and nothing I am trying is working. I have tried the following options that I found on the internet and even on the wow wiki I am still annoyed. ... I could really use some help, cause I don't want to have to make a macro for every person I group with to just be able to 1 click heal. I even used to have it where It could do the following, but now, I'm just lost on what to do. ... any help would be so awesome thanks in advance Hakumie - MoonGuardHakumie4 Sep 18
Sep 18 ElvUi for Resto Druid? I'm very new to the ElvUi thing, and there's so much customization to the point where I don't know where to start, or what to do. I've looked up videos and pictures but it's all so overwhelming. Does anyone know of a profile link I could upload (it doesn't even have to be specifically for resto druid it could be just a basic one that would be easier to work off of) that would make it easier?Âesha1 Sep 18
Sep 18 Stop casting w/ modifier Hey folks, I'm trying to troubleshoot this macro. #showtooltip /stopcasting /cast [@mouseover,harm,mod:alt][harm,mod:alt][mod:alt]Purge;[@mouseover,harm][harm]Wind Shear The purpose of this macro is to do the following. 1. Cast Wind Shear on an enemy target. 2. Cast Wind Shear on an enemy mouse over. 3. Cast Purge on an enemy target. 4. Cast Purge on an enemy mouse over. 5. Stopcasting for any condition, but cast Wind Shear if no modifier is pressed or cast Purge IF alt is pressed. It NEARLY works completely with one caveat. The stopcasting section only works for Wind Shear, not Purge. If I use this macro while casting say a heal and having alt pressed, it will only stopcasting and NOT cast purge. I'm hoping someone can help diagnose where I goofed, TIAIronshocks2 Sep 18
Sep 18 comments in macros? Is there a way to put comments in macros? something like #showtooltip //blood fury is not on GCD /cast Blood Fury(Racial) //use my trinkets /use 13 /use 14Valdro8 Sep 18
Sep 17 lua errors Anyway I can turn of lua errors? Annoying doing a mythic and they are popping up on my screen. Currently using elvui.Xertz2 Sep 17
Sep 17 Spell Alert Opacity Command I want the spell alert visuals on one of my specs and not the other, so I'd rather just throw the command into one of my spec specific abilities than change it in interface every time I change spec. Does anyone know what the command for it is? Probably like /console spell opacity 0 or something but idk.Geuz0 Sep 17
Sep 17 Auction House UI changes! Blizz can you please change the UI of the Auction House. We have to many damn people spamming singles of 1 item and it sometimes just goes up to 30 pages long and it takes a damn long time to get to stacks of 20 or 200. Either, limit players on how many singles they can put up for auction for an item or allow us to search for a particular amount. Also, would be nice if you could allow us to highlight as many items in a page for buy out or bid, so we won't have to keep clicking buy out for every 1 item we want. Like the add on Auctioneer but more responsive and simple.Glaivezofwar1 Sep 17
Sep 17 SUF, what are these frames? Hallo I am trying to set up SUF and I can't figure out what these frames next to the raid frames are? https://s10.postimg.org/3yeglrbt5/suf_help.png I enabled/disabled units and they seem to go away with the raid frames when I disable the raid frames, but I can't move them (the raid frames move separately from them and can even cover them) or seem to make any changes to them so have no idea what they are actually for or how to modify them one I do know what they are for. :( Edit: Ok, super weird I just went to take another screenshot so I could show the UI not cropped and now those five little frames aren't showing up anymore. O.o I guess SUF was just wonky before and they weren't supposed to be there? If they come back I will edit this post again. Thanks for the help. :)Eirstc3 Sep 17
Sep 17 Quest circles not showing on minimap Having an issue, where im not seeing where to go on the mini map in temrs of objectives Watching youtube clips alot of quests have blue circles on the minimap, im not seeing any. I have POI ticked, anything else I can try?Zolí23 Sep 17
Sep 17 It works, but... So I made a Penance macro to account for all conditions, but in chat window it says macro command not found heal. Not sure why it would say that. Anyone have any advice/suggestions? /cast [mod:alt, @targettarget, harm][mid:ctrl, @targettarget, heal][@target, heal][@target, harm] PenanceVarqov6 Sep 17
Sep 17 Issue with rotating camera and placing AOEs Hello. So I've been having this weird mouse issue where when I try to rotate the character/camera with the right mouse button,. half the time it wont register or it will "release" (stop spinning) despite me having the button still held down. This is the same problem reported here: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/6471787243?page=3 Anyway, I found this lines that just changes the 2 mouse button camera functionality: /run SetBinding("BUTTON1","TURNORACTION") /run SetBinding("BUTTON2","CAMERAORSELECTORMOVE") /run SaveBindings(1) This works great for me. However, I can no longer place any targeted ability on the floor :( Right click still cancels it, bit left click will do nothing. Does anyone know a way around this, or a way to fix the weird right click issue to begin with? ThanksBrisyngr1 Sep 17
Sep 17 Inspecting another players artifact rank ^ its all in the title. Could you please implement a way to inspect a players artifact rank for min/maxing purposes in recruiting for raids?Seirim3 Sep 17
Sep 17 Event viewer in game A long time ago i made an addon to help with guild inviting, i remember using something in game to view what even is called when something happens. I cant remember if it was an addon or built in and how to enable it. I could be remembering wrong, any help would be greatByuann2 Sep 17
Sep 17 Trade Advertising Just wanting to know if theirs a macro out there that can post on trade to help advertise me guild every hour or so. Would be much appreciatedFrombëhind1 Sep 17
Sep 17 Mass Guild Mail Addon? I want an addon to send mail to a certain rank in my guild so information can spread easier as people don't like reading the message of the day or anything else.Jitantzul0 Sep 17
Sep 17 Weakauras Stat Tracking Has anyone found a nice way to track a player stat actively. Such as Haste, using Weakauras 2? if so ide love to borrow your code. Thank you.Bougetoncul0 Sep 17
Sep 17 WeakAuras to track summons with a timer So, what I have right now tells me how much time my grimoire: felguard has left right next to the time in which it despawns. [See http://i.imgur.com/thkJ02z.jpg] However, I do not want this as it looks very clunky. What I want is way to track the time, counting down to zero from 25. Is there a way to 'subtract' from the current time, or do I need to do a custom display with a lua script?Linkstery1 Sep 17
Sep 17 Emerald Winds Issue Is there any way to activate the extra boost button associated with the Emerald Winds toy without having it appear in the center of the screen where it can be blocked by dialogue or annoying class hall alerts?Stormbrook3 Sep 17
Sep 17 Can weakauras track out of combat timer? Is there a way to make a weakaura to track how many seconds until you are out of combat that resets every time you attack, are attacked, or take any action that would set you in combat? I'm not sure how to make this weakaura, and it would be quite handy for me personally, would love any help on this one if it's possible. Failing the weakaura option, anyone know of a seperate addon for this?Maiv5 Sep 17
Sep 17 Left click macro My friend has just gotten into the game. He plays MMOs on console so he was trying to use his controller to play, and it is going great to my suprise (wowmapper and console port are great). The problem he is having is that he has a targeted AOE ability (death and decay) set to lets say the A button, however inorder to place the death and decay he must left click which requires him to hold 3 buttons down. I was wondering if there was a way to left click in a macro sequence. pseudocode: /castsequence D&D, left click or TURNORACTION Any help would be appreciated.Cloud3 Sep 17
Sep 16 RANDOM BATTLE GROUND MACRO im looking to have a macro that Qs me to the random battle grounds.Keven0 Sep 16
Sep 16 Masterplan addon for order hall missions? I know masterplan was updated for 7.2, but it doesn't work for order hall missions. Does anyone know of any addon that does work for them? I've gotten so used to masterplan, I'd rather not play without it. :(Akeiva12 Sep 16
Sep 16 Ashamane's Frenzy Macro Is there a way for me to add Ashamane's Frenzy to go off each time it is available somewhere in this macro? thanks /cast berserk /cast tiger's fury /targetenemyplayer [noharm] /castsequence reset=30 shred, brutal slash, brutal slash, brutal slash, shred, shred, shred, shred, shred, shred, shred, shred, shred, shred, shred, shred, shredToomanyalts0 Sep 16
Sep 16 bandage macro stop double tap cancellation Trying to work out a way to stop the cancelled effect when accidentally hitting the bandage key twice. currently using for self bandage. showtooltip# /use [@player] bandage name I thought using /use [@player] !bandage name like the old Druid trick to stop form cancell would work but no luck. Anyone know if this is even possible or what I may try? Sorry very limited macro knowledge, thanks for your time.Wanthalf1 Sep 16
Sep 16 Mouseover Macro isn't working properly #showtooltip /cast [@mouseover,nodead][] shadowstep With this Macro, I intend to shadowstep to anything I mouseover as priority, and failing to have a mouseover target, it should default to standard shadowstep casting (aka, cast on any unit I have currently targetted normally.) Instead, it works on mouseover targets, but -never- works on normally targetted units. If I mouseover nothing, but have for example, an enemy 10 yds away from me, currently targetted, it won't go to that enemy ever. I've tried testing it on many different units, moving my mouse all over the place multiple times to just be sure im not mousing over something accidentally, etc, and it just never works. Any ideas what the issue is? Any help is appreciated.Cyy2 Sep 16
Sep 16 Enchancement Shaman Macro? Anyone have a one button macro to use Doom Winds and Blood Fury? I was hoping to have Omni CC cooldown for Doom Winds to show. Or, I was looking for any other good Enchancement Shaman macros. Thanks!Lennybrisco1 Sep 16
Sep 16 Mod Shift PVP /cast [target=focus,mod:shift][]SpellName Hi, I was just wondering for the above macro, would it only cast SpellName on my focus if I press shift as well? For example, say my keybind is X. 1) If I just press X would it use Spellname on my target? 2) If I press shift+X would it use Spellname on my focus? Cheers, thanks! Appreciate itShamboyent7 Sep 16
Sep 16 Pet Talent Macro help I'm looking for a way to set up a macro to check which talent spec my pet is in Ferocity or Tenacity and display the proper ability. I currently have this which will show the tenacity ability due to it being listed first if she's in tenacity and will activate the ferocity ability if she's in ferocity, but since I don't know how to set it up to show the proper ability when dealing with pets, if she's in ferocity it will show nothing... #showtooltip /use Last Stand(Tenacity Ability) /use Heart of the Phoenix(Ferocity Ability) Any help would be greatly appreciatedFaithe2 Sep 16
Sep 16 Can someone explain what buttons I pressed? I must have pressed something because the A and S buttons on my keyboard don't work in-game. They only work when I hold down the SHIFT key, and when I don't, the A button does absolutely nothing and the S button makes this camera noise. Can someone tell me what I hit, and how I fix it? I already tried resetting the key bindings, but that didn't workDuncain3 Sep 16