UI and Macro

Feb 14, 2012 Talent Ability Spam I have a good macro I like to use for switching specs but is there a way to suppress the ability spam from the chat frame? If not through a macro then does anyone know of a good add on that might? Ty.Sevin5 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Hots not showing on Healbot only on Madness Hey guys, been using Healbot since I started playing WoW 3 years ago now, I love the addon but HoTs aren't showing up properly on Madness of Deawthing. My main healer being a resto druid, this is causing me to waste alot of mana. I see that many others are having this issue as well on other forums and many guildies as well. I haven't yet heard of someone who's Healbot is displaying buffs/hots correctly on this fight. And this is the only fight it's an issue on. The official Healbot forum isn't any help: http://www.healbot.info/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=4216 Anyone heard of this? Any known fixes other than switching addons?Cornat1 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 right-click out of range question This is kind of confusing but here goes hopefully someone can help me. I recently got a new laptop and when I installed WOW on to this computer several things have changed for me the biggest one which is a problem for me is that it used to be when I right clicked on an enemy, person or something and I was out of range I would automatically run into range of them to either attack, loot, talk, etc. Now my WOW does not do this. I right click on something and I just stay still with my character telling me that I am out of range. Sorry that this is really confusing I just really hope someone can help me with this thanks!Incandessa4 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 help for shaman pvp hey all I was looking to make a macro for a fast get a way in pvp on my resto shaman. I want it to cast frost shock on my target, and then earth bind totem. And then Flame shock. If there's no target, I want it to cast earthbind totem and ghost wolf.Nelvariss3 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Macro Help Hi everybody! My question is, how can I keybind my Combustion spell to go off on a CTRL + Right Click? Thanks!Fuzy3 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 How do I macro 2 abilities to trigger....... What I am wondering is can I make a macro, not a castsequence, but one that has 2 abilities and will use whichever one is not on CD instead of the macro waiting on one of them to come off of CD? I am trying to macro 2 ranges casts like Avenger's Shield and Hammer of Wrath. HoW will only activate at -20% health, so I need a macro that will spam AS until HoW can be cast. Is this possible?Pvpoverkill5 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Addon studio visual designer I've tinkered with addons on and off for a couple years and being a VS.net developer I really like the idea of Addon Studio and being able to do simple drag and drop UI work. Unfortunately I can't get the visual designer part of that to display (there is an FrameXML.editor problem). I've tried getting it running for a couple hours now with no success and google hasn't provided any working solution either. Just wondering whether anyone is successfully using Addon Studio's visual designer, and if so how did you get it running? Or is it basically completely broken now (since it hasn't been updated in ages)? Please, no "use notepad++" posts. I already use it, I'm just trying to take some of the fiddly work out of the XML. Thanks in advance. edit: On a side note I see that version 3.0.10817.0 is listed on the http://www.wowwiki.com/AddOn_Studio_2010_History page but I can't locate a download. This is newer than the one I'm using (trying to use). Any idea if it's available somewhere?Carnacki2 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 quick macro question hi, i was just wondering if its possible to have a macro that can cast word of glory on random people in bgs to get the dmg increase buff without deselecting my current target? id like it to be able to cast on all 40 people people, just randomly. is there any way this can be done ? thanksAntipain1 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Grid menu not showing anything Every time I load a new profile it just resets grid and makes the grid menu blank. I cant change any settings, thus making the addon unusable. I don't want to have the same settings on all my characters.Utherek0 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 LF best Druid caster UI for pvp and pve made a long detailed posted, timed out, submitted it, lost it all.(thanks blizzard i love how you let me submit without saving it first.) so here is the brief basics. I really appreciate an experienced druid casters help with my ui, i need to raid heal and dps plus need to cc quick while not sacrificing too much dps in pvp situations. I would like to have as much free ui space available as possible, while having full access to bars and frames. if possible, please include a screen shot with your post. here is what my ui looks like now: http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/Thereilemcee/Misc/?action=view&current=derpui.jpgTehrealemcee2 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Scare Beast Macro with Pet follow (sometimes) This is what I currently have. #showtooltip /cast [mod:shift, @focus] Scare beast; [@mouseover, exists, harm, nodead] Scare beast; Scare beast It works great, except: my pet will continue to attack the target if it is he who I am casting scare beast on and he is my current target. If I add a /petfollow or /petstopattack on the next line, my pet stops attacking my current target when the target I scare beast on is a focus or mouseover target. I'd like him to stay on target if when I scare beast, it's a focus or mouseover action. Is there a way for my pet to stop attacking the scare beast target ONLY if I am targeting him, but if the scare beast target is a focus or mouseover, to keep attacking my kill target?Franksappa10 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Spam Filter Does anyone know a good spam filter that will let me filter out certain words?Rakatee1 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Mashable stealth? I used to be able to mash my stealth button but recently its been taking me out of stealth by simply pressing my button once after I'm in stealth? what gives? i dont understand why this is happening :(Arianfoster2 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Mod that hides icons that are on cool down? I'm looking for a mod that hides icons that are already up. For example if Prayer of Mending still has charges on someone, the icon would simply become transparent or disappear, only reappearing when the cool down and or charges are depleted.Pentateuch1 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Focus Redirect, Focus Kidney Shot impossible? /cast [target=focus] Redirect /cast [target=focus] Kidney Shot ^ by looking at it, you'd think it would work... sadly not the case :/ macro seems to have priorities on Redirect.. obviously it will use the focus redirect but even if you press it for a 2nd time (or even 100 times for that matter) it will ignore the kidney shot part and continue acting like a /cast [target=focus] Redirect macro... anyone have this macro? is it even possible? do they not want us to have something like this? I've noticed that while we have someone on focus the points wont switch to the focus name plate, think that could be why it doesn't work? Is there some way to prioritize the macro so it doesn't ignore it?Foundation3 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Crazy addon? i was wondering if there was an addon that could see what is to be looted from a corpse without actually looting it because my alt with boa kills stuff like crazy and im not in the mood to loot enemys, but then there is that chance i am missing epics or blues or w.e so is there an addon like this? see loot before you loot a corpse?Pöseidon3 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 shift macro How would I make a macro that casts rupture when I press 4 and Expose armor when I press shift + 4?Aghanaar2 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Chat Box Is there any addon that lets you resize the text box, i tried out prat, but for the life of my cannot get it to change size. thanks.Keenán1 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Personal Word Filter Addon Help http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info19142-PersonalWordFilter.html I have the addon of this, where any word is filtered, even letters, but I am having a problem, and I cannot contact the person. If I do "/filter the hello", that would replace every 'the' in what I am saying with 'hello'. Even though it can detect words non-case sensitive, if you talk in caps but the 'hello' part is in lower case, then you would get something like this: "/yell hello MAN IS WALKING TO hello PARK! HE helloN SEES hello CHOCOLATE BOX OF CHOCOLATES!" Can somebody look through the lua coding and configure the part where it does the censoring? I want this to be non-caps-sensitive when I talk.Kalimer1 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Macro for Keybind, stance dancing,mouse bind? Is it possible to make a Macro for stance dancing between battle stance and berzerker stance and then bind it to a mouse button? Like for example, I want to have one button on my mouse that allows me to switch between Battle and Zerker stance.Takatar3 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Interruptbar Wind Shear I use the Interuptbar where you manually add in spells in the lua code. Lately I've been tracking wind shear for 15 sec cd on my bar and for ele/enh shams I'll know that it's off cd whenever there's 10 seconds left on the icon. However, this isn't the best way of tracking wind shears since I can never know after the 10 second mark when it was used unless I pay attention to the animation sound, which isn't always audible in arena with other animation sounds going off. Anyway, I had an idea to write wind shear in the code twice, one with 15 second cd and another with 5. Unfortunately this doesn't work, so I was wondering if anyone knew how to get this going. Thanks.Hippiflip2 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Exclude Guildies from Auto-Fill Mail Filter Is there a way to make it so it only tries to finish the names of people on my friends list rather than my entire guild roster?Fishermanbob2 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Stuf UF Im using Stuf for my unit frames and I like it a lot. One option that I cant find is to hide the player frame unless in combat or with a target. Is there a way to do this? If there isnt, can you suggest a UF that can? Thanks =)Pónchus0 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Gouge Macro-Impossible? Hey I'm looking to make a macro for my rogue that can fit either of these specifications. Macro A) Gouges my target, if I have one. Gouges my focus, if I have one. And Gouges my nearest target if I have neither a focus nor a target. I would then like to be able to have this nearest enemy targeted. Macro B) Gouges my target, if I have one. Gouges my focus, if I have one. And Gouges my nearest target if I have neither a focus nor a target. I would NOT like the newly gouged target to be targeted. Any help on either of these macros would be VERY VERY VERY appreciated. Thanks :DPhotonz2 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 DBM Updates Does DBM really update like 2-3 times a day, or is it something funky with the curse updater?Rhem3 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 More macros addon? is there one that lets you make more of em past the game limit?Moobs2 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 renew + circle of healing macro? Mouseover? I'm trying to get a Renew + Circle of Healing macro. Problem i am running into is I can use Renew and then it will goto Circle on the Tooltip and i can cast that but then it just stays on Circle until the CD (8sec) is over. I tried using a Reset syntax but that just made it worse. #showtooltip /castsequence Renew, Circle of Healing I had it mouseovered at first which is what i actually wanted but i can't get the tooltip to display the correct spell, Sometimes it shows CoH on CD and it only shows renew after the inital cast or it just stays on CoH the entire time and won't let me cast renew after. Is there a way to make this work that I'm missing? I also tried #showtooltip /castsequence [@mouseover,help,nodead][]Renew, Circle of Healing This had similar probs displaying circle on cd and locking me out of renewChayot1 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 hi! i need some help here lokk! im looking for a addons like debuff filter but for enemy cooldowns1 any1 know the name plz? a see that alot en european ppl! p.d: sry my english!Nastycha2 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Cross realm trade chat addon beta Hey guys, I'm beta testing a cross realm trade chat addon. So far so good. It is not ready for full scale implementation yet. it will send out far too much data in its current state if too many people start using it. but I will have the flow control algorithms ironed out by the end of the week. I have a pretty awesome idea of how to control the chat traffic. Just working out some stuff, well, learning wow api lol. First addon I've made so. Just lost my job as lead programmer for XBOX call center software so I needed something to do. lol. But if anyone would like to test it out. it is available for testing at http://pharEverTRADE.NANOCHEEZE.com (update daily if you use as I change the channels) Keep in mind. This is extreme beta. Idea just kinda popped into my head the other day when the patch came out so. This beta is really just a demonstration version. It works and that's about it. There is no control mechanisms in this version so don't expect it to operate properly if a bunch of people were suddenly in the channel and using it. However this is not a problem in the next version of course. Like I said. Just ironing out some "choices". This is gonna be awesome I think tho. Will also be adding a cross realm invite system using a buddy system algorithm so you can invite non battlenet friends cross realm using a slash command. Let me know your thoughts. And yes, I am aware of how awful 50 different trade chats in one chat flying by at once will be. I am also adding a white list / black list to it soon to filter out what realms you do and don't want to see. I also pulled some pretty sweet magic on the item hyperlinks to make them transferable from realm to realm. especially with the raid links. Basically you make a list of local realm raid ids and insert them into the cross realm hyperlinks so that you can view them as a link and not corrupt plain text. :) SCORE! Also, NO CROSS FACTION CHAT! I have placed several checks in the code to make sure chats aren't being linked cross realm. Please do not modify code to make this possible. Due so at your own risk and I'm sure blizzard would ban you the moment they caught wind of it and looked back in log files to see which client was posting the info from another faction. So fair warning lol. But if you wanna give it a try. feel free. there are bugs. so don't flood me with bug reports, I am fully aware of what needs to be done. Like I said. WIP, just a proof of concept at this point really. I do need a buddy or two as well that I can hit up for some api questions. I've hit a few snags. Nothing I couldn't figure out, but I could have saved myself hours of research with some advice lol. And you do have to have at least one battlenet friend on another realm with this addon for this to work, or at least someone else on your realm using this addon has to fulfil the first requirement. more people that use it though, the more linked it becomes. (not in this version though lol)Shrapnal3 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Lock Z-axis camera possible? Hello, I am looking for a script or addon to lock the looking up/down axis of my camera. Many times during battle, when looking left and right via holding down my left mouse button, it looks up or down and I'd like to stop this. I'd like to play the game being able to only look left and right, not adjust it up/down. Obviously, while on a flying mount, I'd need to be able to disable the script or addon to navigate properly, but there has to be a way to prohibit the camera from being able to look up at the sky or the ground. Thank you.Franksappa3 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Help! I'm trying really really hard to get this ui figured out, and it's being incredibly difficult. I am using the Domino's addon, and am trying to get it so that 3 of my actionbars have mousover show, as well as having entering combat show. I want the bars to be invisible until I mousover AND/OR enter Combat. I can do one or the other on a single bar, but not both. Any ideas?Dkfeever4 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Dominos and ugly colors The cast bar and experience bar that came with dominos are ugly. Anyone know if there's an addon that plays nice with dominos that can change it?Windfuehrer4 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Need help with a macro. How would I go about making a macro to cancel "Sudden Doom"? By cancel I mean remove a buff. This is probably a very basic question and I am sorry for that.Skytip1 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Paladin macros I have been trying to get a few macros from EJ to work, but I am having no success. #showtooltip Hand of Protection /cast [target=mouseover,exists,help] Hand of Protection; [target=target,help] Hand of Protection; [target=targettarget,exists,help] Hand of Protection; [target=player] Hand of Protection; Hand of Protection; #showtooltip Cleanse /cast [target=mouseover,exists,help] Cleanse; [target=target,help] Cleanse; [target=targettarget,exists,help] Cleanse; [target=player] Cleanse; Cleanse; #showtooltip Righteous Defense /cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][target=targettarget,help,nodead]Righteous Defense I am not good with macros, not one bit. I am particularly interested in the Righteos defense macro, it combined with grid will be useful. These are the exact macros the site provides me with, no changes. http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t126438-prot_4_3_send_me_my_way/ got the macros from there.Utherek1 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Turn Evil Macro PVP hey guys i need help with this macro basically i want to stun any undead that are attacking me with [Holy Wrath] then use the same button to fear them with [Turn Evil] but i cant get this one working are you able to help? /cast [nomodifier]Holy Wrath /cast [modifier:Crtl]Turn EvilJohassa4 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Macro Questions I have two questions about some macros I'm fiddling with. The first thing is how reliable are castsequences? I'm currently using this in all stances on my rogue for a single hotkey, #show [nocombat] Stealth; Vanish /cast [stance:0] Backstab /castsequence [stance:1] Premeditation; Ambush /castsequence [stance:2] Premeditation; Ambush Is it dangerous using castsequence that way? Is there a better way to set it up? The second questions is how does stance:x work with shadowdance and stealth? I read that 0 = nothing, 1 = stealth, 2 = vanish, and 3 = sdance, but that doesn't seem to be correct. Upon further testing, 0 appears to be nothing, and 2 appears to be stealth.Raichuu4 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 /click Is there any way to use a macro to drop a Wild Mushroom at my cursor location with one button press and without having to click my mouse? I've tried /cast Wild Mushroom /click MouseButton1 and just /click but while I do get the targeting graphic to place the shroom, it still needs me to click to place it. I'm assuming at this point that it's not possible and I suppose I understand that, just figured I'd ask here anyway.Cowspy2 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 UI and profiles.. help? So i was wondering if there is a way to save 2 different UI's and load between them at will? for example, i play mainly resto, so i have my UI set up around healing a group, with all those spells and abilities featured. Also, healbot is my main addon so i tend to focus on that. I have my bars set up (bartender) the way that i want them, etc. However, when i play ele, i usually pvp, so my UI needs to be completely different! I want more bars in different places, and different addons that i DONT use when healing, but i need for pvp. i know i can disable/enable them, thats not a problem. I just want to be able to reload my UI when i change specs and BAM theres my pvp UI, or vice versa someone help! please :D thanks! -StagsStagger3 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Linking multiple achieves in /1, /2, /3 heres what i want: /1 ele/resto LF cr 1400 [Centurion]// all arenas /2 ele/resto LF cr 1400 [Centurion]// all arenas /3 ele/resto LF cr 1400 [Centurion]// all arenas i want it to say all of that in a single macro, cause im either spamming it in org or durator (full pop server, alot of chat zooming buy). please just give me the code so i can copypasta. im a little frustrated because it wont link [Centurion] more than once via shift click, and i dont wanna take a #$^ing programming class to write one stupid macro.Univearth3 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Guild Reputation Addon Hello there mentlegen! Before anything, I'd like to apologize for my... Grammar mistakes... English is not my main language... Anyway... I'm a Guild Master in Tol Barad (a brazillian server)... And it's quite hard to promote members of my guild (i use 3 criteria... and one is the players reputation with the guild)... I currently am using the "Armory" here in the website to look each players reputation... And I was wondering if there's any addon that could check a player reputation with my guild and automatically promote'em based on that... Or, atleast, if it possible to create such addon ^^ Thank you :) ->> moved from: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3967847799?page=1#9 Btw I took all the security measure to ensure what Avanna said won't happen... There are only 3 ppl with the second rank... And 2 of those are friend of mine in real life...Trauer6 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 My super-clean work-in-progress UI EDIT: Going to make a package for this on wowinterface very soon! I'm gonna go with the name "ResponsiveUI" until I think of something else - it's well suited for the time being and I really like the suggestion! So yes, it should be up there shortly - I'll post a link here once it is. :) ...Ilandria10 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 How do I beind spells to right and left click I use to have a macro back in the day that would allow me to say for example, Key 1 I could right click it and it would corruption, then left click the same key and curse of agony would cast. But I can't for the life of me remember! Could someone give us a hand with this I would much appreciate it :)Aphria4 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 DBM issue Hello! I didn't notice this problem until now, but when i go into alterac valley. And we attack drek or someone they are supposed to yell right? Well its not happening. And my Deadly boss mods isnt working in Alterac valley either, there is supposed to be a Timer counting down when the Tower or Fortress will be lost, but its not there anymore. Can someone help me out?Superaxe3 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 Target macro for neutral mobs Lets say I am surrounded by a pack of neutral mobs. What would be a good macro to cast Corruption on the nearest target that is not hostile to me. I want to keybind this macro so I can essentially tab dot the nearest neutral mob to me and not continue to dot the closest hostile mob. Please assist. I currently use this: #showtooltip /targetenemy [target=nocombat] /cast Corruption It seems to only target 3 mobs before it targets first mob again.Shutyourface1 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 Darkflight macro I want to make a macro where I use darkflight and it turns me into a worgen and gives the speed boost, and then after the effect, it uses two forms and turns me back into human. Is this possible? If so, please help. :)Calamityqt1 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 Need help with lua errors! http://pastie.org/3368375 So the above is a copy of LynStats that I pulled out of one of LED++ UI's over at WoWInterface a good while back. It's rather simple and hasn't given me any problems, however I'm now trying to swap out the fonts and running into some issues. The only thing I've changed is the file path to my new font on line 9 and now in addition to throwing lua errors roughly once per second, the clock has just plain disappeared. I do still get the popup showing latency/fps if I hover my mouse over the area that it's supposed to be though. Here is the error that I'm getting in-game: Message: Interface\AddOns\!Lyn\stats.lua:59: <unnamed>:SetText(): Font not set Time: 02/12/12 11:58:13 Count: 993 Stack: [C]: in function `SetText' Interface\AddOns\!Lyn\stats.lua:59: in function <Interface\AddOns\!Lyn\stats.lua:31> Locals: (*temporary) = <unnamed> { 0 = <userdata> } (*temporary) = "11:58"Eyo2 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 X-Perl replacement I'm looking for a Unit Frame replacement addon that isn't X-Perl. I'd like it to do similar things: allow for fine-tuned placement of the unit frames, removal of the "flash" around the actual data, etc. I don't need the fancy 3D portrait. Any suggestions? Browsing the "unit frames" section of Curse isn't helping. They've got full UIs in there. Not helpful.Glaras2 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 /Yell Addon? I want an addon that I can have that will make me /yell something when I use an ability. Like, when I Howling Blast I want it to automatically /yell, "Say hello to Critc's burst!" Something like that. Do any of you know of an addon that can do something like this?Critc2 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 Uninterruptable Cast Bar and Proc Add-On Hi, I have two questions. 1. When an enemy casts something while uninterruptable (i.e. Aura Mastery), his cast bar is supposed to look different with shields or whatever. For some reason, it looks exactly the same for me. Is there a way to fix this? I've been wasting my interrupt because I can't tell when he is uninterruptable. 2. I've been unable to find a working add-on that shows when procs are active with their cooldown displayed. If I can get an add-on that shows an icon with the timer when my spells proc (Stampede and Predator's Swiftness to be specific) that will be great. Thanks so much :)Ziggymon1 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 Update the UI in WOW I've been playing wow for 4 years now (levelled 4 85's and play everyday pretty much) so with that I hope someone considers what I have to say about the original UI. My feedback: It's old and it's becoming a pain not having all spells in view, opening this and that to mount, etc. I'm tired of updating/downloading add ons that eventually don't work. Perhaps this is in the works, but it if not, it's an absolute MUST. I've seen pretty much everything else updated; roster, raid finder, guild finder and so forth so what has me baffled is that the UI remains untouched. If you could change anything in the next patch, PLEASE update the User Interface! Give players a fresh look to enhance their gaming experience. Have all our spells viewable so we don't have to scroll, make our spells flash when it's time to use them, help us mount faster with a mount column so we can quickly click and go and make our map and portrait sexier. Thanks and please send this along...Tigerkiss6 Feb 12, 2012