UI and Macro

Aug 19 All I wanna do is listen to L70ETC! One of my most favorite custom macros I made runs the following script: /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\DMF_L70ETC01.mp3") What does this script do? Well it plays the metal song POWER OF THE HORDE BY L70ETC IN THE BACKGROUND! Except ever since the Pre-Legion patch, activating this macro prompts me to Enable running dangerous scripts. I ran it once and now Dangerous Scripts are enabled. :( I have to use another script to turn off Dangerous Scripts. Blizzard... can you please make a toy (not too hard to obtain, PLEASE!) that allows us to play this song in the background whenever we want? I have the item so I can burrow into BRD and watch their live show whenever I want, but it's not the same thing. Every now and then I'll be soloing an old raid, or I'll just be bored, and I'm in the mood to listen to some metal, but I don't want to alt-tab out and load some MP3. So I used this script to get a quick metal fix.Twixi1 Aug 19
Aug 19 Elvui trade spam just installed elvui for the first time and everytime i log in it spams my old guild recruit macro in trade chat. I deleted the macro but it still keeps happening , any thoughts on whats causing it?Halisstra1 Aug 19
Aug 19 Looking for a Combat Targeting Macro I'm looking for a macro that will only target enemies that I am in combat with. For example, if there are 5 enemies in range of TAB, but I'm only in combat with 3 of them, so when I use this macro it would only cycle through those 3 targets excluding the 2 that I'm not in combat with.Jarooky1 Aug 19
Aug 19 Advice on better UI So I used to use ELVui a while ago, along with Shadowed Unit Frames. I've messed around with them again but can't find a good config. I seem to prefer the original WoW look. But, having my health and target's health in the top left corner is pretty bad since I can't look there easily. Using SUF, I kinda got my personal bar in lower middle, same with target's, but that also isn't gelling. Are most of you guys moving your personal health frame or leaving it where it is? Same with your target. And wondering if you guys suggest any good UI tweaks - OR - just prefer the original look? ty.Mansfield7 Aug 19
Aug 19 Downloading ElvUI So, I wanted to download ElvUI, and I'm not entirely sure how to do this, since I've been used to Curse doing all the work for me. I can't download the client that Tukui offers because I'm on a Mac. So I downloaded the file and unzipped it, and I get a folder called elvui-5.99, inside which there are two folders: ElvUI and ElvUI_Config. I dragged the elvui-5.99 inside the AddOns folder in my WoW Interface, but when I open the game, the add-on doesn't appear in the list of add-ons. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.Maríon24 Aug 19
Aug 19 Drop down menus... Anyone know what would cause this with my drop down menus? Anyone know a specific addon or UI setting that can cause this? It's hard to copy profiles etc for different addons because I can barely see what I'm clicking on. (picture link below) https://1drv.ms/i/s!AswHwlJUzEXIhBkzERpL_IYnerR-Durukan3 Aug 19
Aug 19 Bank reordered I was on this morning and had no issues. I logged on tonight and the order of the items in my bank has been completely changed. I don't seem to be missing anything, it's just all mixed up.Nepty5 Aug 19
Aug 19 Recount help? I've been questing recently and before a cutscene or something I was doing it said it had to disable recount, so I said ok. I'm done all that now, and when I went back to try and enable it, it's completely gone from my Interface and even though it's downloaded on curse, it still won't show recount anywhere, can anyone help me?Niblit4 Aug 19
Aug 19 Auctioneer Scan Times Hopefully somebody can help... I've been using Auctioneer for a long time, but I've only ever scanned the AH with my main. The scans take, quite literally, 5 minutes or less. However, I just recently created another toon on a more populated server than the one my main is on (my main is on Eredar, my newest toon is on Blackrock), and the scans take anywhere from 30-60 minutes. My question is, will the scans on Blackrock always take this long, or will they eventually be able to run quicker and quicker the more I scan the AH?Erielle11 Aug 19
Aug 19 Resize chat/interact NPC frame Hello guys, I'm not 100% sure what's the name of the frame that appears when you talk to a NPC or when you are doing a quest. I happened to find this macro that works just fine "/run QuestFrame:SetScale(1.50)". The problem is when there is no quest available and you only want to know what the npc have to say. Is there any other macro that scales the "chat frame" or whatever the name is? I'm kinda blind, Im using glassess and stuff but i don't want to scale up the whole interface just to read that. I love that macro but is only doing half ot the job lol. Id be very happy if you know the solution for this problem. thanksLoppe2 Aug 19
Aug 19 Can I bind an ability to double tapping S? Hi, I'm new to the game and I was wondering if I could use Bartender4 to bind double tapping my "S" key so that it would proc my Hunter ability "Disengage." If any of you have played Blade and Soul you would know what I'm talking about. My friend says there's pretty much no way to achieve since you can only use single input on Bartender4, but can double tapping a key also trigger an ability using BT4? Thanks in advance :)Gjunki3 Aug 19
Aug 19 Interface/UI Complaints 1. Nameplates are too big or too small. 2. The names on the nameplates are too big and have an exceptionally ugly font. 3. Nameplates are RECTANGLES, WHY RECTANGLES??? 4. I can't seem to zoom out beyond like 15ft? 5. can i please have the combo points on the enemy's portrait rather than underneath mine?????1Seanna48 Aug 19
Aug 19 Love you macro forum I don't know if the macro forums has ever let me down, so thank you in advance for being awesome. I am looking to make a macro that will do the following: After I cast Soul Effigy, I want a macro that will allow me set the Soul Effigy as my focus target, and then let me use a castsequence on it. Preferably without every switching targets. Keep in mind that Soul Effigy will cause you to automatically switch to the Soul Effigy immediately after casting. Thanks again.Aecheon3 Aug 19
Aug 19 Multiple items + casting macro help So, I've always liked to macro in some Toys with my ascendance + elemental mastery + berserking racial for extra swag points when going ham in pvp. I usually just spelt out the full item name (/use Druid and Priest Statue Set) but learned today that i can use the item:ID shortcut to free up a TON of space to add even more toys! But It doesn't work. It works when i try out the /use item:ID by itself + /cast spell, but all of them together wont activate anything except the 3 spells. Is there a restriction or limitation on too many items or something? i've tried googling but everything I found was extremely dated. Heres my super sick epic dmg macro #showtooltip /use Ascendance /use Elemental Mastery /use Berserking /use item:64631 /use item:108743 /use item:117550 /use item:64358 /use item:113670 /use item:116115 /use item:108745 /use item:111476 /use item:104262 /use item:117569 /use item:115468Univearth3 Aug 19
Aug 19 Cast Bar Options? What happened to the cast bar options that used to enable players to see a cast bar below their focus target? I can't see mine and can't locate where to enable it.Antipater2 Aug 19
Aug 18 Weak Aura Help - Blackout Combo/Ironskin Brew The Brewmaster talent Blackout Combo empowers Ironskin Brew to cause your stagger to stop doing damage for 3 seconds. There is not a buff for the empowered Ironskin Brew (at least not one that's visible to me). It's the same ID with and without empowerment and so I have no way to track it. I'm needing help to create a 3 second timer that starts when Ironskin Brew consumes the Blackout Combo buff.Cyntric0 Aug 18
Aug 18 Mouseover / cast on target macro Hello, I seem to be having some issues getting my mouse over macros to work. For example, on my warrior I have a macro that will cast a pummel on mouse over and if I am not mousing over anyone will cast it on my current target. The setup is as follows. /cast [@mouseover] pummel /cast pummel Now for some reason if I try to use this same setup for my heals the mouse over works fine but the regular target cast does not work at all. Any thoughts?Imoldgregg11 Aug 18
Aug 18 Macroing a different Language dialog So, I would like to create a macro and change the language of a phrase I say in /yell to Demonic, can someone help me?Verilis4 Aug 18
Aug 18 Need help with priest macro Using my holy priest i use healbot to heal but healbot doesent have holy word: serenity for whatever reason to bind but it can however bind macros. so i created a macro for /cast holyword: serenity and bound it to my healbot and it casts the spell but it casts on my target and not who i aim to heal on the heal bot so i done /cleartarget /cast holy word: serenity but it doesent clear my target before casting the spell. am i doing something wrong?Menchanie1 Aug 18
Aug 18 Raid health bars Hello there! I want to get some tidy simple designs and displays of health for my own healthbar and for the raids healthbars. I know Elvui does this automatically but I really dont want to change from the standard blizzard ui, I simply just want to change the healthbars display. I loved the Elvui one so if there are any similar ones i'd appreciate if you told me about them. Thanks! :)Starmind1 Aug 18
Aug 18 Is there a class conditional? I use a lot of the same mouseover macros between all my different healers for their fast/slow healing spell and various other buttons. I'd like to make some macros that will change based on the class I'm playing, so I don't have to remake the same ones over and over again. Also, to reduce clutter in the macro window. I looked around for a bit and couldn't find one. I did find a list of conditionals, which is useful, and I'll use the spec one, but it hasn't been updated since 2012. Link below in case it helps anyone. http://macro-wow.com/guide/full-list-of-wow-macro-conditionals/Stormaker1 Aug 18
Aug 18 Cant find way to increase npc load distance So what im trying to do is increase the distance that i can see npcs and mobs from, currently its pretty atrocious especially during the invasions. I couldnt find anything in the settings. was wondering if their was a console command or maybe an addon that would help do this.Bijanater3 Aug 18
Aug 18 Zoom in/out with mounting Does anyone know of a macro to cause camera zoom to change depending on whether you are mounted or not? Kinda like what happens with vehicles. When playing on my DH I like to watch the fighting up close but when I get on my mount it just fills up the entire screen. Manually zooming in and out can be annoying so I am hoping there is a way to automate it. Thanks in advance!Daementress7 Aug 18
Aug 18 Change race language in ElvUI? Is there a way to change the language(for ex. Thalassian for Blood Elves) instead of Orcish in ElvUI?Flinch7 Aug 18
Aug 18 Mod that counts time to death of mob? Years ago I used to have a mod I used for raiding called time to die or something like that. It used the current dps to calculate at that rate how long you have until a boss will die. Very helpful to know if you are gonna need to wipe before an enrage timer hits, so you know if you need to blow cooldowns or not. I quit for a few years but now that I'm back I can't seem to find anything like this. Any thoughts?Luigibro3 Aug 18
Aug 18 Request For UI Change Blizzard, Can you please change (read: fix) the Wardrobe panel so that you can see what appearances are unlocked by your account, regardless of whether or not the character you are currently logged in to can wear them? I know this info is available to the client, because there are addons that will show in an item's tooltip that, for example, the cloth item you are mousing over is unlocked, even though you are logged in on your Paladin. Why is this not implemented in the Wardrobe UI panel by default? It shows what toys my account has collected even if I can't use them on the current character, it shows what mounts my account has collected even if I can't use them on the current character, why is this not in place for transmog appearances--where it would be much more useful information than it is for toys/mounts.Vladock1 Aug 18
Aug 18 mouse cursor is soo tiny recently resubbed wow for next expansion. But the mouse cursor size is sooo tiny. How do i make it bigger... specs 4k monitor 4790k 980 ti sli 16gig ddr4 ramGentlestrike11 Aug 18
Aug 18 Castsequence and Emote Hi, I have a castsequence macro set up so that I can prep and pull a boss. What I want to do is sequence through all my spells by clicking the left button and then right-clicking to send out an emote or say message to tell the DPS that it is safe to start attacking. The macro looks something like this(though this is from memory so some of the syntax might not be correct.): #showtooltip /castsequence [button:0] Divine Plea, Inquisition, Avenging Wrath, Exorcism, Avenger's Shield, Judgement I have tried adding: /say [button:1] CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR! but it just spits that out each time you click the left button. (including [button:1]) Does anyone know of a way to do this? I considered writing an addon for this but then I would be messing around with secure functions and I haven't gone there yet with any of my addon dev work. Thanks, XapeXapewaio7 Aug 18
Aug 18 NPC chat bubbles. During the invasions these large rectangular chat bubbles pop up with the NPC's picture on the left and then text, well these pop up over my UI.. Can these pop ups be disabled. I don't need and I don't want those chat things, when I can look in my chat window and see the dialog if I choose to read it.Coyal3 Aug 18
Aug 18 Tellmewhen change font/stack size Is there a way to change this at all? Where would I find the option? You'd think it would be fairly simple and straightforward.. ThanksTiltev1 Aug 18
Aug 18 ffxDeath - [Q] How to turn off? (2016) So here we are in august of 2016, and the old /console set ffxDeath 0 command no longer works. Is there a new way to turn off the death effect & glow?Majeye9 Aug 18
Aug 18 Status Text on Portraits Prior to 7.0, when having the Status Text option enabled, it was only for my portrait and my target, post 7.0, it's on my whole party. I was wondering if there was a way to remove it off my whole party, it's kind of distracting, since I'm used to watching health bars and not numbers, especially on a healer.Selastina1 Aug 18
Aug 17 Custom LUA for Stuf unit frames Hoping for some help with custom LUA for stuf. My knowledge is limited to none so any help would be greatly appreciated. What I want is for my rage value to be hidden when it is at 0, and shown when it has a value 1-100. Thanks!Qhorin0 Aug 17
Aug 17 Enhanced Tooltips? So i use Tiptac, and before the changes i had turned off tooltips and advanced tooltips for my rogue since i knew all the abilities before the new patch. Now i cannot find and or figure out how to get them all back. Is there a script that i need to run, or where are the options located now for those who never re-enabled them before stuff got changed around? I did a search and it seems people are looking to get rid of but not restore these. Tiptac doesn't give me an option anymore for tooltips or global ones or enhanced ones either, so i figured it was in the game somewhere just can't place where now that "help" was it's old home, currently gone.Pastage2 Aug 17
Aug 17 Game Changer UI Change! We all use raid frames as healers to check the health and debuffs of our team. Usually players use mouseover macros or some kind of addon to seamlessly heal their targets. WELL WHAT ABOUT DPS?! Addon Enemy Grid: https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/enemy-grid What does it do? Enemy grid displays a raid frame style layout of all the enemies in range of you and shows whether or not you have threat, and some other features. This is amazing because you can manage all of your dots on each enemy seamlessly as you can now monitor their debuffs just like a healer would monitor their heals on a friendly raider. I can only imagine shadow priests and warlocks managing dots with these, we'll probably see 99%+ uptimes. My Proposal to Blizzard! I propose Blizzard adds in a feature like this by default so we have enemy raid frames. It'd be nice to show enemy bosses and all of their spawns/minions in a clean neat raid frame. Some features it should have: - Enemies friendly buffs (so we can dispel them) and also option to show only dispelable buffs - Enemies debuffs (with option to show entire raid or only yours) - Make the raid frames essentially identical to raid frames, but they'd fill in as the fight progresses if more adds come in. I feel like this is SOOOOO much better than tab targeting or having to install dot tracking addons that put a bunch of bars and timers on your screen.Abrakadabruh0 Aug 17
Aug 17 Gamon's sound files Im not sure if this is the right place to put this topic but here it goes. With some simple blank sound files in the WoW folder, its possible to mute virtually any sound in the game. I have used it to silence Rhonin's Ulduar event to great success. Does anyone happen to know what Gamon's "I, Gamon will save us" line is filed under? It would look something like this: \World of Warcraft\Sound\Creature\Rhonin\UR_Rhonin_Event01.ogg ----- EDIT: after some poking around, and some educated guesses, I figured it out. If anyone is poking around this thread months later looking for the same thing I was, I will put it here for you: \World of Warcraft\Sound\Creature\Gamon\VO_54_OR_GAMON_INTRO_7.oggLaggspike0 Aug 17
Aug 17 7.0+ how to disable ffx____ effects please... With the changes in the graphic settings for 7.0, the following commands no longer work in the wtf config folder to DISABLE ffx glow to the world, ffx "phasing" such as with Twins in Throne of Thunder, Death Effect, or the 'drunk effect': ... I'm wondering... where in the wtf config file or what needs to be added to, the wtf config file to turn these features off? I am having a hard time with the full screen glow effect, "drunk blur effect", and death effect, in that it's giving me a headache, every time I play. and I'm surprised that there already isn't a Blue post about a "FIX"... I can't be the only one having this issue. Thank you.Tendo6 Aug 17
Aug 17 Add on request: Bigger cursor There is one add on that is always linked to when I search for something that does this and it is called cursor, however it is not up to date and not working. Anybody know of one or mind making one if its not to hard? I'm sure it will be popular, 4k monitors are becoming more popular but the cursor is just to small when using em. Also I am aware of third party apps that can do this but they are a violation of the wow rules.Spizzlespee4 Aug 17
Aug 17 No click-through on new health bar The new legion health bars are great but they prevent clicking . . . not click-through . . . which is a problem for me. I either need a way to move them or a way to enable click-through. Help?Vehlia3 Aug 17
Aug 17 Using Mumble to talk for raiding but Good day, I hope everyone is enjoying there Sunday Weekend today! I've been using Mumble voice chat for a while now while raiding. I've also tried out and used Ventrilo, and Discord. Out of all the voice chat programs I have used I still come across this one problem. And that problem is no matter which voice chat program I use It will never tell me in wow which character is talking in the raid or guild. What I would really like to see happen is a speaker or mic icon next to or on the players raid frame. So when they talk on Mumble, Ventrilo or Discord a icon will pop up so you will know the voice your hearing is this persons character. I can't tell you how many times I hear others talk in vent having no clue who their character is. So having a icon pop up sounds ideal. I'm not sure if there is anything out like this yet for wow or not. If there is please let me know. Otherwise I would really like to see this as an add-on to help others out.Evilfranz5 Aug 17
Aug 17 Is there a way to?? This is the first time I've ever had to run into this and I was wondering. With the new mage food/table it makes one kind of food for when your solo and one for when you spawn the table in a group/raid. Is there a way I can use a macro to notice if I have either of the food in my bags and just use one of them without using up two different slots on my bars? Thanks ahead of time for any help.Ariwyn9 Aug 17
Aug 17 Slash / isn't opening chat prompt I switched my game mode to Spanish as a sort of jumping in the deep end approach to learning but it seems to have broken some things. I can fix my WeakAuras and macros easy enough but my / key's function is broken now. It no longer opens the chat prompt, and I didn't realize how reliant I was on that until it stopped working. Is there a way to fix this, or an addon that forces it? I already tried binding / to the same function as Enter but that isn't what I want it to do, since I'd need to hit it twice in order to actually issue a command with it which is difficult to remember after so many years of relying on it working correctly.Nakhara3 Aug 17
Aug 17 Addon to switch between hotbars Is anyone aware of an addon that would allow me to simply change my talents and hotbars (in a rested area, of course) to a saved set? Basically, I'd like to use my Fire mage for PvE grouping and solo play, and for BG's. The problem is that all 3 require different talents, and to keep relevant skills at my primary keys, each also requires different hotbar setups (i.e. for pvp I'd like mirror image to be on F, but for pve, I don't want to waste that keybind on Mirror image when I'm not even specced into the talent). Maybe there are addons that manage each separately. Anything would help, to alleviate the pain of making all the changes manually every time I want to do something different. I looked around a little and couldn't find anything. Thanks!Disquo2 Aug 17
Aug 17 Non-group friendly frames? So I am really loving the invasion events. I would legitimately like to see this kind of thing happen more often, and not be limited to just pre-expansion stuff. But one huge limiting factor is that because we are not in a raid group, it makes healing people quite difficult. I've resorted to showing friendly nameplates, and have been able to mostly get along, but often times people die who I could have saved, had I been able to more quickly identify them, and heal them. With name plates moving around constantly (and some classes moving significantly faster than others *cough rogue* *cough DH*) this is problematic. I was wondering if it is possible to create raid frames dynamically from players within range. Is this something an addon could even do?Kielá4 Aug 17
Aug 17 Elvui for prepatch? For some reason I can't get Elvui to show up for prepatch. I have everything checked and updated but I can't get it to load when I log into the game. Thanks for any help in advance.Tubesteakxxl15 Aug 17
Aug 17 [Ret] Judgement in Weak Auras error Hi, I'm having trouble making a Weak Aura for the new Judgement debuff as of 7.0.3. I've listed it as an target debuff, and the "type" is under an aura. Whenever I try and put in the Judgement spell it never comes up and instead gives me a spell called "Summary Judgement" (ID: 224704) Any thing I could be doing wrong? Never had problem creating one before.Ahlstroms2 Aug 17
Aug 17 Item comparison not working in Legion? Hi all not sure if this the right forum & I did a quick Google/forum search/bug search but didn't come up with anything. Is the function to compare an item in your bag to what your wear not functioning anymore? You would normally hold down the Shift key over the item in your bag and it would bring up a pane with the item you have equipped for that slot. The only thing I could find in game maybe pertaining to this was under Key Bindings->Miscellaneous->Item Comparison Cycling->SHIFT-C but that doesn't seem to work or I'm not doing it properly. Anyone know and thanks in advance!Bilespew6 Aug 17
Aug 17 New [Hex] ability ID Hi UI & Macro, The Shaman ability [Hex] (turns your target into a frog) now has variations that turn your target into different creatures, I just obtained the Tome of Hex: Cockroach. http://www.wowhead.com/item=136972/tome-of-hex-cockroach#teaches-ability this is my macro: ... How do I put this new ability variation into my Hex macro? It has the same name as regular [Hex]! Thanks in advance!Creeks3 Aug 17
Aug 17 Macro Error As of the legion pre-patch a lot of my macro have broken I wanted to make one for my priest #showtooltip Symbol of hope /run local s=""if GetSpellCooldown(s)==0 then SendChatMessage(s.." Activted! Healers Cast free!","YELL",nil,nil)end /cast Symbol of hope its suppose to say "Symbol of Hope Activated! Healers Cast Free!" but when i use it i get an error You are attempting to run a custom script... ect Has something changed with the way macros are written/work or have i typed something in wrong.Midorizaya1 Aug 17
Aug 17 Crafting a Macro to help demons I have been trying to craft a Macro that would help me increase my demon's damage output by combining Demonic Empowerment and Demonwrath. But so far all I've done is make a horrible mess. Can anyone give me a tip or at least point me in the right direction to make this happen?Ebonnie3 Aug 17