Battlegrounds

5d Strongboxes in Random Battlegrounds We've been seeing some confusion about how Strongboxes are awarded in Random BG's, so I wanted to take a moment to clarify. In point-based Battlegrounds (Arathi Basin, Eye of the Storm, Battle for Gilneas, Temple of Kotmogu, Silvershard Mines, and Deepwind Gorge), Strongboxes are awarded based on how many points the losing team was able to earn before the match ended. Earning 500 points will award a Bronze Strongbox, and earning 1000 points will award a Silver Strongbox. In capture the flag Battlegrounds (Warsong Gulch and Twin Peaks), Strongboxes are awarded based on how many times the losing team was able to capture the flag. One capture will award a Bronze Strongbox, and 2 captures will award a Silver Strongbox. In Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest, Strongboxes are awarded to the losing team based on how many reinforcements the winning team had remaining when the match ended. If the winning team had 300 or fewer reinforcements left, the losing team will be awarded a Bronze Strongbox. If the winning team had 100 or fewer reinforcements left, the losing team will be awarded a Silver Strongbox. In Strand of the Ancients, Strongboxes are awarded to the losing team based on how far they were able to progress before their turn ended. Destroying either the blue or green gate will award a Bronze Strongbox. Destroying the yellow gate will award a Silver Strongbox. Of course, winning any Battleground will award a Gold Strongbox. In addition, Strongboxes are awarded to every player on the team that earned them, as long as they are still in the game when the match ends. The goal of this system is to ensure that, even if you think your team is likely to lose, it's still worth your while to put up as much of a fight as possible and stay through to the end of the match.Lore78 5d
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome: Please Read! Welcome to the Battlegrounds forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss Player vs. Player battleground combat with your fellow World of Warcraft players Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
3m MUST READ DEVS! Pvp ideas! Okay, so I really get the point that rated or ranked pvp should be very normalized in terms of gear and dmg. But I do also enjoy being able to put time on a toon and be a bit stronger in randoms and world as well. I also hate the idea that pve guys can come in and be at an advantage over me fairly easy. Sooooo What if the first 5 times you prestige in honor it increased your damage to players 1.5% and reduces damage taken from players 1.5%. Not enough that people would feel a need to grind, but its just enough so if you spend your time doing random pvp you will just a bit of an advantage over some others. Rewards older toons, and mains more as well as casual pvp'rs. Plus, if you choose you can remove this buff from any ranked play, so it wont be needed at all,and just extra fun for casual pvp'rs or those who choose to do it! OR if you decide to bring back pvp gear (and I would love that) that has something like pvp power, you could still totally normalize all RATED play, and people can still grind gear in rated play. But, in random bg's and world pvp maybe the pvp'rs could have their advantage back? I just think a few things are missing from the old play of pvp, but I also do really love all the new changes, a mix of both would be great.Breicken10 3m
3m Hydra Honor & Hk AV Farm Welcome to post Legion PVP. Hydra Premades farming Alterac Valley nightly. Start gathering by 6:00 PM Central Time in Public Vent: wow.publicvent.org, port 4135, no password, Horde AV 13 channel. We are averaging 600+ honor per game. Fast track to Prestige. No gear requirements. Look for Hydra Premades on Facebook.Zeela101 3m
4m Feral Druid Burst is CRAZY! 523k BS? Check out this montage. Went full burst spec for this and the numbers are crazy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Zdx-0fq_oOlfis7 4m
6m [SotA] Invisible walls for boats Hello all. Just a suggestion I thought could help improve this BG (marginally). I'm talking about getting some invisible walls for the boats on the ride in. It's happened to me a few times (the last one being when I had the game minimized but still had control of my character, apparently) and it sucks! If I go overboard at the start of the BG, it will take MINUTES for me to get back on land. During that time, I'm completely useless to the team. Honestly, I won't even bother swimming back. Better to just "/afk" and let someone take my place. How hard would it be to implement some barriers so that this kind of thing doesn't happen?Fjornog4 6m
14m PvP Timed Events Sometimes I wonder if the devs ever actually play the game, and not just for 1 night. Actually play the game, like a year long sub would. Cause ..... Why oh why haven't we had a timed PvP event since TB? Still to this day I have online friends I met in WG & TB. They were some of the best PvP experiences I ever had and was one of the best ways I've ever seen in-game of bringing a realm and the community together. TB & WG don't even show up on the PvP menu anymore. MoP didn't even have a PvP event ..... WoD gave us 'cry' Trashcan .... and in Legion we get 'cry' Sewers? I like the PvP World Quests .... but why did those lazy non-gaming script kiddies of Devs stop there? PLEASE BLIZZARD!!!!! BRING BACK A TIMED PVP EVENT THAT ISN'T PVE BASED!! This isn't a "PvP" thing .... it's an MMO thing, and severely lacking. TYRobölogy1 14m
16m Glorious Tyranny illusion - BRING IT BACK The Glorious Tyranny weapons illusion for 2400 rated players is missing in Legion. This is very upsetting to me considering this illusion gives me and lots of other players great motivation to push 3s. I feel this enchant is a great edition to the game , it allows players to show off that they are skilled in pvp, much like arena and RBG tittles. I was never big into PvP / Arena until I noticed this weapon illusion. After lots of work in the off season I feel I have prepared my self enough to make the 2400 push in 3s for this illusion. Now I have no real reason to push rating. Sure I can get a fancy tittle for one arena season, but this illusion is permanent, and you can use it on all alts. Not to mention it is the coolest looking enchantment in the game ( IMO ). It shows that you are good PvPer at first glance without anyone having to inspect your achievements. It also separates the PvPers from PvEers as this takes much work to achieve the 2400 rating needed to get this illusion, much like a world first tittle for a pve player.Stealthelous0 16m
17m Very clever Blizzard. Nice try. So predictable, I knew this was going to happen. Blizzard makes human racial OP for a good while, everyone rolls over to female human (lol dem animations, right?) so they can get the good PvP racial, then you nerf it for legion and make the horde racials much more appealing...BOOM! Loads of fat cash stacks for Blizzard because everyone switches over to horde :^) Genius! Now I'm *almost* compelled to xfer my main ally but you're not getting me this time! :^)! Not only that, I'd rather lose consistently than have to wait around all day for queue pops lol. Goes to show though that Blizzard cares much more about rinsing money out of people than creating a fun and balanced experience. Kinda like your freemium game Hearthstone. Lol.Nuclearfear25 17m
18m I love pvp wtf i love av nowDaniel8 18m
20m Interrupts & CC's too much for the damage You can't have high damage and long CC's/interrupts at the same time like it is right now. Or you die in a single kidney, spell lock, etc which should never be how this game is played. Thats itSocksy8 20m
28m Prestige 4 - Thanks to Ashran!!! Got a lot of boost by doing Ashran along with battlegrounds and world quests! If people are wondering what the rewards are and what it looks like, i posted a screenshot. 1) Level 1 Prestige - A new look for ur weapons! 2) Level 3 Faction pride banner - [Honorable Pennant] 3) Level 4 [Prestigious Bronze Courser] 4) Level 4 - Level 50 Title - The Honourable 5) You get nice looking badges for different prestige, with new prestige im assuming the rewards will be much better! 6) High Ilvl drops http://imgur.com/IJ9pLaI - Mount, Title, Flag, transmog http://imgur.com/JNN2trE - Prestige achs If you are looking to farm honor for talent levelling or Marks of Honor for transmogs ashran should definitely be in ur farming list!Cryptids31 28m
41m The pet situation is out of control There are so many pets its almost impossible to target a player in a battleground. I feel like the targeting system needs to be greatly improved.Grezzar4 41m
43m PVP Template There was a sticky for this in the legion beta forum, the legion beta forum is gone. There have been 3-4 hotfixes to the template since the original template sticky was even updated. Id like an official resource that tells me exactly whats happening to me in PVP, all the stat changes, all the buffs and nerfs to different abilities, all in one place so there is no guesswork.Mispeled3 43m
45m First expansion I found myself not doing BG Part of the allure is gone because of stat templates nerfing my Rogue. I feel currently my Subtlety Spec isn't doing the damage it should be in Instanced Battle Grounds. Don't get me wrong, I'm having a blast in world pvp but anything goes there. Anyone else find they've done a 180 when they log in?, Do world quests, (Gank in world PVP) maybe a random heroic dungeon then log off? I seriously am not having fun in battlegrounds anymore and it's because I enter it with 60% of my normal damage and my main abilities hitting less as well. (Go try fighting an orc resto shaman with relentless 45% less stun and watch him laugh at you as he heals back to full health through your burst.) This isn't a problem for me in world pvp might I add if I out play him I get the kill. Final thought on the matter is I find it psychologically damaging coming from one extreme in world pvp to the next. ( I feel like i'm throwing hot dogs at my enemy instead of Fangs of the Devourer ).Dragonrise36 45m
46m Interrupt hunters. Make it so that hunters can be interrupted, you know so they can be down on earth with every other caster in the game.Koobo60 46m
48m FYI, "Patron of War" Title https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/news/20293012/watch-the-arena-championship-and-earn-a-new-title You get an in-game title, “Patron of War,” when you connect Twitch to your Battle.net account and watch the European Regional Championships. September 30th to October 2nd Starting time: 17:00 CEST (i.e. now) https://www.twitch.tv/warcraft --- How to Link Your Accounts: -- Log in or create an account on Twitch. -- Navigate to the Settings menu by clicking your account name in the top-right corner of the home screen. -- Navigate to the Connections tab of the Settings menu. -- Find the Battle.net section then follow the given instructions after selecting a region and clicking Connect. https://secure.twitch.tv/settings/connections (You'll also be able to earn the "Patron of War" title by watching the North American Regionals on October 8th and 9th. The title will be rewarded after both regional events have concluded.)Forums8 48m
56m Counter strike totem Dear god nerf the max damage this thing can transfer. Literally 1 shot me, you can't expect people to break totems in RBGs. Edit: Counterstrike Totem Honor Talent 3% of base mana 40 yd range Instant 45 sec cooldown Requires Shaman Requires level 19 Requires honor level 19 Summons a Air Totem with 10 health at the feet of the caster for 15 sec. Whenever enemies within 20 yards of the totem deal direct damage, the totem will deal 100% of the damage dealt back to the lowest health enemy within range of the totem.Healbotuser132 56m
1h No new Battleground since 2013... please fix The topic pretty much says it all, we should not go a single expansion without new content for the casual battleground playstyle, let alone two! Blizzard please don't neglect us or your responsibility. 3 years is disgraceful.Nokí27 1h
1h Tanks in bgs Why do people q these things? I dont even heal people that play tanks in a reg bg PSA: If you get the flag as a tank when im running in cat form to get it you wont get heals sorry not sorryDeshxx20 1h
1h Welcome to Ashran in Legion level 110 Ashran is still available and people can still play in Legion, currently the queues are long because people are still levelling and exploring Legion, you have to be level 110 to queue up in Ashran. Ashran Forum is no longer available, so all the ashranars have moved to the BG forum including my self! What you get out of Ashran? ** One of the fastest way to farm HKS which can give you Blood Thirsty Title! 250,000 kills! Ashran is a 40 v 40! ** One of the fastest way to open up you're Honor Talents by farming in Ashran by farming Honourable kills. It is so fast, that it will blow up you're mind! ** World Quests are now available inside Ashran ** Marks of Honor - 100% as a reward, unlike BGS you may get it and sometimes you wont. ** Boxes from each event and boss kills the quest ''Ashran Dominance '' - This will give you gold and gear! ** Bonus Objectives - Gives you extra Gold 40-50g per Bonus objective ** When you finish Ashran Dominance Quest which requires you to win 4 events and 1 boss kill - This will give you 100% marks of Honor, Gear and gold! ** Slay Them All quest - Killing 200 players - Reward gives you boxes and gold, this quest is now repeatable and every 15-20 minutes you will have a new quest which can give you gold and gear which you can vendor or use. ** Best PvP gold farming in the game, I personally used to farm 15-20k a day in Ashran when I needed gold and that was the only way I used to earn gold in WoD. ** Ashran is a great place if you run a large PvP Guild and like to have Premade Vs Premade, and many large guilds had a great time in Ashran! ** Ashran is not a regular BG where you just try to cap a flag or defend a flag almost every BG is the same and they all have flags in it, Ashran is a unique BG which has unique events Ashran is a unique Hydrid PvP which allows you to use excellent toys for PvP combat including FrostWyrmns, Beasts and Healing Dragons to aid you in battle. ------------------------ Honor 1k Frags - 1000 honor u level up 200 honor from killing 200 players quest, and 200 Hks honor seperate - 400 honor Complete alliance dominance quest you get 500 + 50 honor for vol kill Additional - world quests honor, prison break, killing portals n etc In about 1 hour or so, in an organized group you can get 2 levels or more depends on ur group. 100% guaranteed mark of honor! So what's happening now? Everyone is excited about legion, leveling, farming and exploring legion so the queues are really long at this time, this will improve with time once people are settled. This is what you have to do ** When you are questing in groups or solo, simply queue for Ashran and let it stay there, when queue pops, it is up to you if you want to join in or not. This will help people with the queueing process and queues will pop faster. ** If you enjoy ashran and run a guild, get in touch! Horde/Alliance - Both are welcome to contact to help restart Ashran In Legion again and start getting in some Premade Vs Premade again. In the coming time period when people are settled and want to PvP those people who enjoyed Ashran PvP are most likely to go back there again! We will be setting Ashran events between Horde / Alliance guilds to get Ashran going! So if you like Ashran, Queue up to help out with the queuing process and continue ur questing adventures in Legion! Have a great time in Legion folks!Cryptids128 1h
2h Should I prestige? I'm looking to push RBG's and possibly arena rating this season. Should I go ahead and prestige or not?Rézdog10 2h
2h I haven't seen a single caster I just realized I haven't seen a single caster in BGs lately.Gunnarr53 2h
2h Cut my BG into pieces This is my last prestige Suffocation, no healing Don't give a !@#$ if I get BG-leavin' This is my last AV Cut my mage into pieces I've reached my last HP Kickbotted, no casting Melee dps assblastin' Would it be wrong, would it be right If I rerolled demon hunter tonight Chances are that I might Caster viability out of sight And I'm contemplating suici-[INTERRUPTED] Cause I'm losing my line of sight, losing my mind Wish Holinky would tell me I'm fineAntipath12 2h
2h Stop Loading Horde With Healers There's absolutely NO possible way how horde can have 5 healers compared to alliance team having 0. I have not once queued a random BG where alliance has had more healers than horde, yet 99% of the games I get into, alliance has 0 healers and horde has multiple. After 10 years of pvping I cannot stand to do any more random bgs. This has been an issue since legion launch and is still not fixed. Give us slightly longer queues but more even games than these complete face rolls alliance see game after game where they have no healers.Møçhâ23 2h
3h Nerf Implosion NOW It's unbelievable that this spell can still hit for 1.6+ million damage and there really isn't a counter to it If you don't hotfix to lower the damage then you will see every RBG team become nothing but Demonology WarlocksTonìc18 3h
4h Bots are back! Wasn't sure at first. But then in Strand demos would drive randomly, never firing.Vaitsev41 4h
4h Tanks, the nerfs, and pvp So I'm wondering how a 25% boost to damage taken and 10% damage dealt is remotely a fix in pvp for tanks? As a blood Dk, with 6 charges of boneshield up I have hunters and demon hunters hitting me for 90k to 150k. In return I am doing 8k to maybe if I'm lucky 40k. I'm cced to no end so forget about self healing. If you do the math-- I'm dealing 2x-3x less damage to these dps classes and taking 2x more damage-- how are you supposed to compete? I don't get it.Ravenguard39 4h
4h We just beta tested tanks in INSTANCED PvP I will try and make this short. Personally I have been playing WoW since the game came out in 2004 in both PvE and PvP. This was 99% of the time on my main Rolent a rogue. When I decided to play Legion I also made the choice for the first time time to play a tank and play both PvE and PvP. I can tank for my friends and wife in PvE and have a fun different role when I am leading RBG's and doing arena. Looking at the Honor talents it seemed like the great team at Blizzard was really going to try and make the role of the tank work in INSTANCED PvP especially with the success of the role in Overwatch. Fast forward to now and all the time and effort I put in for my Artifact and rep etc. Going from Sunday to today I would rather you just have told us we can't que for INSTANCED PvP then what you folks have done. We lost 10% total dmg, had our PvP templates dmg lowered on top of that and now we also take 25% more dmg. All three of these changes effect INSTANCED PvP where there was no possible way you could say with the lowered PvP template PLUS we do 15% less dmg to players already before these changes that this seems fair at all. I work just like you very talented folks at Blizzard ( I manage a large Data Center ) and this game is a fun stress reliver. In my opinon I feel lied to about tanks in INSTANCED PvP with the recent changes and all the time and effort I put in means if Tanks want to enjoy both parts of the game they are REQUIRED to level two artifacts. If I had know this before hand I would have just played my Rogue. I feel very sad about this and would like some clarification on these changes for INSTANCED PvP. In World PvP I currently could care less if we take 300% more dmg as a tank but the change to tanks in INSTANCED PvP feel lazy and wrong. Please tell me you folks forgot how these changes would effect INSTANCED PvP because if not I feel like I just Beta tested tanks for you guys since Legion was released and that just isnt fair. Thanks for you time. RLMRolentu207 4h
5h New Huttball style BG Anyone who has ever PvP'd in SWtOR knows what Hutball is, and knows that it is the single greatest BG to ever be conceived by man. We NEED this in WOW. For those of you that don't know what Huttball is, let me explain. It was a three tier battleground where you would pass a ball to one another trying to get it into the end zone. All the while dodging other players, traps and gaining buffs. Here is a video of one game.......... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shJcgTWZJGQValdrane12 5h
5h Does Prestige level affect loot drops? Does getting up in Prestige level have any impact on what you get from BG (or any other) drops?Bahgtru10 5h
7h Prestige Do we lose our honor talents if we prestige? I thought they were getting rid of that.Rézdog2 7h
7h Actual question for the bg community Why do some of you play? I'm being 100% serious too, I just don't understand why some of you take the time to join in and never actually play the match. Out of the past fifteen or so matches I have won like four. I watch people ignore orbs so they can tunnel a dk or warrior, while his healer (who is carrying a !@#$ing orb) is standing there free casting. I watch people fight on the beach while the enemy team is pushing the yellow gate. I watch the entire team glide from lumber mill and only fight at blacksmith. Not to mention the games where we don't even try to get a flag and when some lone ret@rd (me) grabs it I have to try and evade five people while maybe one dps will come try to peel... maybe. I just don't get it because I vividly remember this game not being so full of morons. Has the game been dumbed down to the point that I'm playing with a bunch of ten year olds who just wanna kill the "big cow guy" (someone actually said that when I asked why he kept fighting a blood dk the whole match). So again, why tf do some of you even que up if you aren't going to play the fu**ing game? Tldr: wtf is with all the people drooling on their keyboards in random bg's now?Theoldgods29 7h
7h Remove prestige and add ranked solo BGs No one wants to work for abilities just to give them up and repeat the process for a sticker. Remove the talent removal punishment and add the ranks to a ranked solo queue RBG ladder. RBG groois are too easily !@#$ed up and fall apart after 1 bg if that.Illirick1 7h
7h Gladiator's medallion forces WoTF 30sec CD Has it been doing this? I don't recall having WoTF go on a 30 second CD when I use my medallion. So like if a warrior stuns me and I trinket out he can just fear me in place and his fear > priest fear. Can it get any more difficult for casters in pvp?Nazzgul8 7h
8h Holinka Tweet PvP Are there separate templates for bgs, rbgs and arenas? Is that even feasible? It's confusing enough as it is. (holinka) you seem to underestimate us PvPers Sir Holinka... #RemovePvPStatTemplates or atleast change them to be adjustable to what we prefer to a point.Joederp13 8h
8h Do you think Holinka likes PVP? I mean, do you think he prefers PVE or PVP?Nilfelor95 8h
14h Counterstrike (totem) Is absolutely broken in any battleground.Fedas25 14h
14h BGs are awful for Ally now. Ever since they announced the change to PvP, all of the PvP players went Horde. Now Ally BGs are loaded with nothing but !@#$ters and bots. It's not even a competition, we just get farmed. I've been doing a lot of BGs since Legion dropped, and it has only gotten worse. As Ally, I probably win 1 out of 6 BGs I queue into. They're not even fun anymore. I'm only subjecting myself to the torture because of the honor grind.Raxy20 14h
14h My GOD DAMN rocket boots var Rocketboots = 0; change to var Rocketboots = 1; TADAH! Engineering is suddenly USEFUL AGAIN for the !@#$ing reason I leveled it.Badjuicy14 14h
14h 41 minute AV loss = 45 artifact points + 9g Can I get a blue to comment on this? BGs seem relatively pointless at the moment.Qug17 14h
14h Dk or war for solo? Hey guys, im actually playing arms and I enjoy it. The problem is that I don't play with a healer... And its pretty hard to play solo. I have 0 self sustain. I really like both.My question is: How is dk solo compared to arms in pvp? Do you think I should play DK if I mostly do Solo pvp? ( sometimes arena with my friends but not every day) . Im never with a healer. If the self sustain is almost the same I'll stay war, but if its really better as DK I'll probably reroll.Belgarox3 14h
14h Pvp gear question... Hey all I was wondering with the new expansion how hard is it to kill someone that's decked out with epic pvp gear compared to other expansions if you have no gearSmàshed0 14h
15h Merc'ing for the first time I can't fight 10 years of muscle memory. I reflexively think red objectives are a-okay and end up dying during my double take. And if I'm just not paying attention, I'll end up thinking I'm Horde at the end of the match anyway and I'll think I won even if I lost. BGs can be a positive experience if I just forget which team I'm on.Crateria0 15h
15h Curious When do people even play the game with all these forum updates on QQ and why every class they aren't currently playing is so much more overtuned and op?Solz0 15h
15h ACTIVE TEMPLATES IN PVP WQ!! ok i get it we pvpers are forced to do WQ. but atleast have templates activated in the arena/mounted battle WQ. getting globaled by everyone is freaking annoying annoying. especally when i am trying to gear up. even on my 852 main i get globaled by some specs because everything is freaking broken. and that isnt funXuen8 15h
15h So is it cool to be a horde healer? I'm thinking it must be since every random bg has at least 2 horde healers and zero ally onesMandingoo3 15h
15h Is RBG Dead? I think rated BG is dying. Any time I look for a group, there are normally between 1-5 groups looking for more. I know it's early in the season, but this isn't even respectable in terms of the amount of groups from last xpac, and I only played the first season and quit. Hoping that isn't what happens again, but it is looking like RBG is dead. Thoughts?Dansel11 15h
17h Solo Queue Ranked BGs Why isn't this a thingIllirick19 17h
17h tol barad if any1 horde faction in control add me croat6978 need the raid for a questZagrebntp3 17h