Battlegrounds

Strongboxes in Random Battlegrounds We've been seeing some confusion about how Strongboxes are awarded in Random BG's, so I wanted to take a moment to clarify. In point-based Battlegrounds (Arathi Basin, Eye of the Storm, Battle for Gilneas, Temple of Kotmogu, Silvershard Mines, and Deepwind Gorge), Strongboxes are awarded based on how many points the losing team was able to earn before the match ended. Earning 500 points will award a Bronze Strongbox, and earning 1000 points will award a Silver Strongbox. In capture the flag Battlegrounds (Warsong Gulch and Twin Peaks), Strongboxes are awarded based on how many times the losing team was able to capture the flag. One capture will award a Bronze Strongbox, and 2 captures will award a Silver Strongbox. In Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest, Strongboxes are awarded to the losing team based on how many reinforcements the winning team had remaining when the match ended. If the winning team had 300 or fewer reinforcements left, the losing team will be awarded a Bronze Strongbox. If the winning team had 100 or fewer reinforcements left, the losing team will be awarded a Silver Strongbox. In Strand of the Ancients, Strongboxes are awarded to the losing team based on how far they were able to progress before their turn ended. Destroying either the blue or green gate will award a Bronze Strongbox. Destroying the yellow gate will award a Silver Strongbox. Of course, winning any Battleground will award a Gold Strongbox. In addition, Strongboxes are awarded to every player on the team that earned them, as long as they are still in the game when the match ends. The goal of this system is to ensure that, even if you think your team is likely to lose, it's still worth your while to put up as much of a fight as possible and stay through to the end of the match. Lore52
2d
Welcome: Please Read! Welcome to the Battlegrounds forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss Player vs. Player battleground combat with your fellow World of Warcraft players Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth! Lylirra1
Oct 26, 2010
2m 3m 6m 23s 13m 17m 20m 21m 21m 31m 31m 35m 41m
10+ Years Veteran PVPer disatisfied I made this in response to another thread but decided it warrants its own. This is my personal and concise journey as a WoW player as I represent to you some of my most favorable times and the steady decline of interest I have had. This is not to argue a point, it is to simply state that I am more unhappy about the current state of PVP then I have ever been. Vanilla: I played Feral druid during Vanilla, where I spent most of my time looking to test my mettle against other players of the same level while grinding in the world of Azeroth. At 60 I beat my opponents with warden staff and lifegem in bear form as I slowly outlived them. I was a scrub but I played the feral druid how I wanted to. I switched to mage after I watched Vurtne and Voidim videos. My Real life friend Bro made a warlock near the end of Vanilla. We dueled each other all the time. TBC I played Frost mage in TBC and I found myself dueling more then leveling. I would stay up from after school till 4-5 AM outside Durotar honing my reflexes and skills on frost mage. At lvl 66 I beat a Class Guild Leader in the top PVE Guild on our server (Pookz the mage and professional player of Luminosity Gaming was the Mage class leader in this guild Tendi Losi) I was then invited into the guild, I never raided but i wore the guild title proudly as i continued to duel. I switched to Fire mage at the end of the expansion. Bro became insane at Arenas as a destruction warlock hitting 2100+ rating in 2s and 3s. We dueled for hours every day. WoTLK The absolute most fun I have ever had on fire mage. Impact stuns, Instant flamestrike after Dragons breath for dealing with spell reflect, having all my frost abilities and a 41 yard Living bomb for keeping warriors and Rogues in combat. Bro hit Gladiator on his Destruction warlock, I was not as good in arena but continued to duel the best of the PvPers outside Durotar. Bro my gladiator friend and I often times destroyed BGs, especially when i got my 1800 wep. I ended hitting 2k in 2s and 3s as fire mage. Me and Bro continued to duel each other every chance we werent in BGs or he was not pushing rating in Arenas. Cataclysm Pvp became very odd. Fire mage and Destruction warlock were revamped in odd ways that mechanically did not feel comfortable. After trying other classes we made a ton of 60-64 twinks and trolled the elitist on the bracket. We used Recruit a friend and became very proficient levelers. Dueling was not as fun because I did not take pride in Mage anymore. Mist Of Pandaria I could not enjoy Fire mage, Bro could not enjoy Destruction warlock. It seems Blizzard was headed in a new direction and we started to give up hope. Bro picked up warrior and ret paladin and I focused on learning Wind Walker monk. We simply destroyed BGs at this point. We also made 5+ accounts of Recruit and Friend and power leveled thru the content for fun. I stopped dueling completely. Warlords Of Draenor We did not enjoy pvp. Mage and Warlock still lost, even worse. Blast wave was my primary nuke and it was an instant 2 charge ability. We made 91 twinks and thoroughly enjoyed the bursty overpowered nature of customizing old set items to create and extremely unique character. He recieved Shadowmourne on his 99 Warrior a week before Pre Patch nullified it. Present I tried fire mage, MM hunter, my WW monk, and Ele shaman. All of them felt similiar in that I was not having fun. I felt like I couldnt OUTPLAY the enemy. Things were too simple. Its a game of numbers. I can no longer pull 2-3 people from the fight and have an epic PVP video scene while listening to my favorite music. We both tried tried and tried and felt the EXACT same way. It has been a steady decline in our eyes. We have both been playing WoW for 10+ years now. I have gone thru 2 accounts pre battle net and my current battle net account has 10 WoW accounts associated with it. We have tried other games, other MMOs but WoWs combat and PVP was always the most fluid and controllable. I strongly feel though that with all of these changes that have been implemented It has taken away the individuality of my character and myself. The decisions are between Two Blinks or Cold Snap. I feel like Im playing a MOBA. It feels like Heroes of the storm, It feels Like Diablo 3, It doesnt feel like World of Warcraft. And the skill? I have Pvped naked in the isle of quel danas, I have wooped ??s asses all over Azeroth, I have gone toe to toe with some of the BEST players of Kalecgos, Burning Blade, Executus and Tichondrious. I have over 100 (current) screen shots easily (500+ spread accross 3 computers from the past 10 years) of being the top of the BG along with my RL best friend. I have over 10+ Years of experience of Mage, and YES every character I have ever made Twink or Max level is an Engineer. I love World of Warcraft. I love PVP. This is not World of Warcraft PVP Brá8
1h 1h 1h 1h
Best PvP post ever... Credit to Surron - Draka for writing this : "Actual PvP isn't 3 buttons and having something so simplified to mind numbing boring. The origins of WoW was gear, customization, finding that edge to conquer your enemies. Gear, enchants, gems, crafting, random items, stats, abilities. All of had a skill level of mastering. You might say " oh you need skill to beat some one else " but in reality skill was reward to those who had skill, who did research to locate items and did their homework. Being clever or aware of the games ins and outs is a skill. Effort is a skill, if you farm material to craft a item to abuse in a bg to kill others that's effort. Player vs player isn't about smashing 3 buttons- it's a combination of assets and resources a player brings to the table. One person is resourceful, another is clever, one has gear, one is masterful with stats, one is quick. Players who whine about the utilization of another aspect of the game are whiners cause they lack that form of skill. If we keep going down this track we will water this game down to 1 button and less things that even skill. We just removed trinkets, enchants, and engineering from pvp. See where this lameness is going? In vanilla You could farm mats for grenades Trinkets with stuns were sought after the leper gnome gun was used to dismount players Spell reflectors were pro Net guns were used for flag runners Gather mats for sprint pots was a must Band aids were a must Anti venom pots from stv great vs. Rogues Free action potions were pro Mithril spurs were a must for chasing players down Players made mind control helms to throw others off cliffs You could use target dummies to taught hunter pets Not skill in your book? Imagine playing back then? I call this resourcefulness, cleverness, players who invest in effort. Did it carry them? Smashing 3 buttons isnt skill any moron can do that but my hats off to the people who found these items, knew what they were good for, stocked them, knew when to equip and used them properly. " I am sadly going to miss this part of the game ,professions are near useless and no incentive to run dungeons and raids or grind honor to gear for the new PvP template. My days of WoW are over. Hightop44
1h 1h 1h 1h
60's Thread #217 Legion Pls Dont Be Bad Exp On and Exp Off have been Merged as of the 7.0 Legion Pre-Patch To learn more about the current Legion Changes this bracket has seen check out: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745166929#1 TURN OFF YOUR EXP - WARLORDS OF DRAENOR IS NOW STARTER EDITION. There are "Exp eliminators" In Stormwind and Orgrimmar. Alliance: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=35365/behsten Horde: http://wowhead.com/npc=35364/slahtz General Best in Slot Guildlines Player and Item Level Scaling have been removed. Your Character now has a Template that scales - in part - by average Item Level. However, there does appear to be a Template iLvl Cap based on Player Level. Maintain at least 70 Average iLvl - this appears to be our Template Cap at 60. *Download http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/dejacharacterstats to see iLvl* Gems, Enchants, Procs and Non-consumable On Use items are all disabled in Instanced PvP; Some set bonuses still work. Notable Consumables Potions: Restoring Super Healing Potion Major Rejuvenation Potion Super Mana Potion Buffs Insane Strength Potion Heroic Potion Destruction Potion Haste Potion Other Living Action Potion Swiftness Potion Great Rage Potion Thistle Tea Elixirs: Spell Power Elixir of Greater Firepower Greater Arcane Elixir Adept's Elixir Agility Elixir of Greater Agility Elixir of the Mongoose Strength Elixir of Major Strength Flasks: Flask of Distilled Wisdom Flask of Supreme Power Weapon Buffs: Stones Adamantite Sharpening Stone Elemental Sharpening Stone Adamantite Weightstone Oils Brilliant Wizard Oil Superior Wizard Oil Superior Mana Oil Frost Oil Shadow Oil Food Buffs: Spell Power Blackened Basilisk Poached Bluefish Golden Fish Sticks Crunchy Serpent Agility Warp Burger Grilled Mudfish Strength Roasted Clefthoof Notable Professions Engineering: Explosives The Bigger One Dark Iron Bomb Fel Iron Bomb Cobalt Frag Bomb Adamantite Grenade Arcane Bomb Frost Grenade Mana Potion Injector Healing Potion Injector Tailoring: Frostweave Net Netherweave Net First Aid: Heavy Netherweave Bandage Coming in Legion; 138486 Horde: <Carry Us> - Burning Blade Guild Leader Solanar - Solanar#1268 <makíng sixty great again> - Stormreaver Guild Leader Ray aka Voma - Voma#1293 Alliance: <Insert Sixty Reference> - Sargeras Guild Leader Redemption - Glorifyd#1289 <Carry Us> - Lighting's Blade Guild Leader Solanar - Solanar#1268 <makîng sixty great again> - Stormreaver Guild Leader Ray aka Voma - Voma#1293 Redemptîon416
2h 3h 4h 5h
70s thread of the 79 twinks are coming.. Welcome to the current 70's thread, revised and re-written for World of Warcraft: Legion. DON'T FORGET TO RE-LOCK YOUR EXPERIENCE GAINS! --OVERVIEW-- (7.0 7/11/16) With the release of Legion, Level 70 twinks are expecting a plethora of major changes. These changes include Principles of War for gear normalization, Crates of Battlefield Goods to help players below level cap receive gear from battlegrounds, Legacy Set Bonus locks which negate the effects of wearing multiple pieces of Tier set gear, and Locked/Unlocked Battleground merging, which finally brings players with their experience locked to battlegrounds of players with unlocked experience. --PVP-- --PRINCIPLES OF WAR: In instanced PvP, you no longer gain different stats from your gear. Instead, all characters now have a pre-determined set of stats depending on your specialization. Every point of item level will increase these stats by 0.1%. For level 70s, the hard item level cap is around 179*, depending on your class. As a level 70, you should realistically expect to queue against players at level 79, perhaps using some Mists of Pandaria greens to gain item level advantages. WoD has given you plenty of time to equalize yourselves against these players, so be prepared. --LEGACY SET/GEAR BONUS LOCKS: Enchants, trinkets, and passive effects on gear (including haste buff from Warglaives) will become deactivated within Battlegrounds and Arenas. This also includes Tier Set bonuses from wearing at least 2 pieces of gear from the same Tier. All Spirit on gear is being changed to Versatility*, but WoD's popular Versatility stat is no longer granted through enchants or gear anyways. It is up to the knowledge of your specialization to contribute. --LOCKED/UNLOCKED BATTLEGROUND MERGE*: Players who have locked their experience will now be matched with players who have their experience unlocked, meaning twinks will regularly be playing with non-twinks within Battlegrounds and Skirmishes. [TBD] --SKIRMISHES: Skirmishes place you and your teammate(s) against another team of the size you queued for. You may queue solo to be partnered with a complete stranger, or you may queue as a group according to the size of the skirmish you choose. If solo queueing, healers will always partner a DPS, and comps will always play out with mirror queued roles. For example, queueing Healer+DPS will always queue against Healer+DPS, but it isn't guaranteed that someone queueing as Healer will actually take the role (i.e. DPS queueing as Healer.) --GEAR AND STATS-- If you have questions about which stat would be best to stack on your gear, refer to the passives in your spellbook, as each spec retains a 5% increase to a certain off-stat, which designates what may be best for you in PvE. It is highly recommended to play with either a mixture of Brutal Gladiator's gear and Sunwell T6.5, or just full Sunwell gear, as these pieces retain the highest Item Level benefits for the best possible damage/healing you can put forward. If you're interested in purchasing Brutal Gladiator's gear, it is now purchased with Marks of Honor*, which are obtained from Battlegrounds and Skirmishes. Brutal Gladiator gear vendors can be located in Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Gadgetzan in Tanaris, Area 52 in Netherstorm, and in the Dalaran Sewers. A majority of this gear is not currently available for Monks*. If you're curious why the professions tab is missing, it's because professions no longer retain stat bonuses to having them learned or giving unique bonuses. Your preferred professions will be your best ones. Good luck. --WHAT SHOULD I PLAY?-- (Currently, refer to http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-calc to check out new talents, spells, and levels needed to learn new spells. Level 70s do not earn PvP Talents)[TBD] --GUILDS-- Horde: <Inspect Me> - Area 52 <Inspect Me> Azuremyst Alliance: Ha, nup. Pälädin36
6h 6h 6h 6h 6h 7h 8h
7.0.3 BG healing Thread I've started this thread to discuss the current healing situation in battleground. I'm not sure how all healing specs are doing, but druid and paladin feel very underwhelming. DISCLAIMER: IT IS POSSIBLE THAT ALL HEALZ ARE SUPPOSED TO BE WEAK UNTIL THEY GET HONOR TALENTS, BUT SEE YA LATER BLIZZ - THIS POST IS ABOUT CURRENT GAME STATE BG HEALING!!!!!!! (we're literally 5 week away from legion release, over a month of bg's before that stuff releases, let's talk about heals in bg's) -In general IMO, I feel that healing right now is across the board pretty weak right now. -Pally, I've gotten a lot of complaints from pally friends and even pally randoms that pally is playing really underwhelming right now. Pally healers seem to be in a similar boat of pain, idk healing just seems really weak right now. Dependence on clutch sac's and stuff right now seem way too stressed, the spec looks very uncomfortable in that it looks like it isnt performing how it should. EDIT: As of now, some paladins that are rocking it have come forward to say that the spec is really strong right now and they are doing very well no problemo, any pally that wants to explain why the spec changes might be confusing from WoD would be cool! -Mistweaver- I've heard very little and seen even fewer mw's in bg's since patch went live. They seem to be doing alright atm, any input on mw's right now in bg's would be super useful because I'm super curious. -Shaman- I've seen almost literally zero shamans in bg's since patch release. I've seen like maybe 3 resto shamans that all did close to zero healing, I have no idea what's up with this class in current meta tbh. Shaman has always been super skill dependent on whether youre impact is a ripple or a tsunami, so it's hard to gauge. So input on this would also be useful from resto shamans out there. -Priest- I have not been able to top (like by miles) good holy priests, Holy priest i thinks is the only strong healing spec right now. The whole new miracles function is really cool even though it sounds like you dont have to chakra dance anymore (the entire skill of holy priest haha, dat rework). I wouldnt trust disc too much because it's healing is supposed to be getting kinda nerfed to increase it's damage, who knows wtf is happening with that spec. -DRUID THOUGHTS: I know for druid they nerfed the burst heals of tree form significantly and took out genesis + Nature's Swiftness. Those were all of the burst heals. To compensate I assume they gave us the double swiftmends that now heal straight for ~50k + some bonuses, but the issue is that those small 2 burst heals are just that in comparison to their predecessors. Not only that they heal less, but you cant heal widespread burst on even more than 1 target at a time like you could with genesis. This is a really big deal for druid healing in battlegrounds. At first I thought that was alright because it seemed like they buffed our HoTs and that's always been the foundation of druid healing, but even with germination right now, Lifebloom and double rejuvenation feel weak af. Like so weak. Wild growth is the only HoT right now that feels moderately strong. You cant spam wild growth. I am currently struggling so hard to keep teams up in RANDOMS, random bg's, generally experienced healers should not have trouble keeping most of their team in random bgs topped pretty feasibly (over 4 xpacs of bg's on all heals excepts shaman). I was going over talents with some of the top rated druids on patch release, but cant find a solid solution right now. Just a quick tip to any new druids out there, dont spam regrowth in tree form, spread rejuv's (even tho there's no genesis now, they still heal hella strong). Trust. Värëm33
8h 9h 9h 9h 9h 10h 10h 10h 11h 12h 12h 13h 13h 13h 13h 13h