Battlegrounds

Strongboxes in Random Battlegrounds We've been seeing some confusion about how Strongboxes are awarded in Random BG's, so I wanted to take a moment to clarify. In point-based Battlegrounds (Arathi Basin, Eye of the Storm, Battle for Gilneas, Temple of Kotmogu, Silvershard Mines, and Deepwind Gorge), Strongboxes are awarded based on how many points the losing team was able to earn before the match ended. Earning 500 points will award a Bronze Strongbox, and earning 1000 points will award a Silver Strongbox. In capture the flag Battlegrounds (Warsong Gulch and Twin Peaks), Strongboxes are awarded based on how many times the losing team was able to capture the flag. One capture will award a Bronze Strongbox, and 2 captures will award a Silver Strongbox. In Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest, Strongboxes are awarded to the losing team based on how many reinforcements the winning team had remaining when the match ended. If the winning team had 300 or fewer reinforcements left, the losing team will be awarded a Bronze Strongbox. If the winning team had 100 or fewer reinforcements left, the losing team will be awarded a Silver Strongbox. In Strand of the Ancients, Strongboxes are awarded to the losing team based on how far they were able to progress before their turn ended. Destroying either the blue or green gate will award a Bronze Strongbox. Destroying the yellow gate will award a Silver Strongbox. Of course, winning any Battleground will award a Gold Strongbox. In addition, Strongboxes are awarded to every player on the team that earned them, as long as they are still in the game when the match ends. The goal of this system is to ensure that, even if you think your team is likely to lose, it's still worth your while to put up as much of a fight as possible and stay through to the end of the match. Lore53
2h
Welcome: Please Read! Welcome to the Battlegrounds forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss Player vs. Player battleground combat with your fellow World of Warcraft players Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth! Lylirra1
Oct 26, 2010
4m 5m 13m 13m 17m 26m 30m
60's Thread #217 Legion Pls Dont Be Bad Exp On and Exp Off have been Merged as of the 7.0 Legion Pre-Patch To learn more about the current Legion Changes this bracket has seen check out: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745166929#1 TURN OFF YOUR EXP - WARLORDS OF DRAENOR IS NOW STARTER EDITION. There are "Exp eliminators" In Stormwind and Orgrimmar. Alliance: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=35365/behsten Horde: http://wowhead.com/npc=35364/slahtz General Best in Slot Guildlines Player and Item Level Scaling have been removed. Your Character now has a Template that scales - in part - by average Item Level. However, there does appear to be a Template iLvl Cap based on Player Level. Maintain at least 70 Average iLvl - this appears to be our Template Cap at 60. *Download http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/dejacharacterstats to see iLvl* Gems, Enchants, Procs and Non-consumable On Use items are all disabled in Instanced PvP; Some set bonuses still work. Notable Consumables Potions: Restoring Super Healing Potion Major Rejuvenation Potion Super Mana Potion Buffs Insane Strength Potion Heroic Potion Destruction Potion Haste Potion Other Living Action Potion Swiftness Potion Great Rage Potion Thistle Tea Elixirs: Spell Power Elixir of Greater Firepower Greater Arcane Elixir Adept's Elixir Agility Elixir of Greater Agility Elixir of the Mongoose Strength Elixir of Major Strength Flasks: Flask of Distilled Wisdom Flask of Supreme Power Weapon Buffs: Stones Adamantite Sharpening Stone Elemental Sharpening Stone Adamantite Weightstone Oils Brilliant Wizard Oil Superior Wizard Oil Superior Mana Oil Frost Oil Shadow Oil Food Buffs: Spell Power Blackened Basilisk Poached Bluefish Golden Fish Sticks Crunchy Serpent Agility Warp Burger Grilled Mudfish Strength Roasted Clefthoof Notable Professions Engineering: Explosives The Bigger One Dark Iron Bomb Fel Iron Bomb Cobalt Frag Bomb Adamantite Grenade Arcane Bomb Frost Grenade Mana Potion Injector Healing Potion Injector Tailoring: Frostweave Net Netherweave Net First Aid: Heavy Netherweave Bandage Coming in Legion; 138486 Horde: <Carry Us> - Burning Blade Guild Leader Solanar - Solanar#1268 <makíng sixty great again> - Stormreaver Guild Leader Ray aka Voma - Voma#1293 Alliance: <Insert Sixty Reference> - Sargeras Guild Leader Redemption - Glorifyd#1289 <Carry Us> - Lighting's Blade Guild Leader Solanar - Solanar#1268 <makîng sixty great again> - Stormreaver Guild Leader Ray aka Voma - Voma#1293 Redemptîon429
36m 44m
Marks of Honor and back in time, stunlock era First the issue of marks of honor. Anyone else having a lot of trouble getting these? My battlegroup is utterly terrible and horde might win 1/10 battlegrounds if we're lucky we play making it just about impossible to obtain these. Realistically shouldn't you get something for being there? I get that these are much more meaningful because its like 1 mark (possibly) to what used to be hundreds of honor, but then at least you got some if you lost. Now its just, "thanks for coming, try again". Just wondering if others are having similar thoughts. Another issue I see is when they updated the system to Marks of Honor they sort of priced everything with a broad brush. New weapons are 5 marks, old weapons are five marks. It used to be a new weapon was 3500 Honor and an old one was 350 honor. By that math they should double the amount of marks gained from a win to two and make it 2 marks for an old weapon and 10 marks for a new weapon. That way it would stay in line with the old honor. Edit: Also when you do win, the crate just includes junk gear. I'd take PvP gear or gold, but vendor trash is useless. Second the issue of stunlocks. A few years ago they pruned CC from the game and make PvP quite fun. You could move and fight people without spending 90% of the time stunned or under some form of CC. Those days are clearly gone with legion. While farming a few marks of honor I had the worst experience in PvP. I spent the entire time battling stuns more than I fought players. I understand this may be addressed at 110, but this game has 109 other levels and those levels should be able to have fun as well including level 100 until legion comes out. Blizzard made a big mistake with this one. Until these issues are addressed I doubt I will have any involvement in PvP this expansion. It simply isn't fun. I'll spend my time raiding instead, hopefully that is in a good state. Otherwise Blizzard has lost a 12 year sub. Aerie38
46m 50m 52m 1h 1h 1h 1h 1h 2h 2h 2h 2h 2h 2h 3h 3h
Why PvP can never be balanced End of MoP: "I'm so sick of seeing godcomp/L$D in NA arena finals EVERY YEAR, it is so obvious that Blizzard favors casters. Why can they cast while moving? That is SO DUMB." "Snapshotting is tedious and unfun. PvP drags on for way too long, we need things to be more fast paced" "There is way too much CC and useless abilities, they need to be taken out of the game" "I'm sick of hearing lolret, Ret needs to be buffed" "Plz buff Demo" "I can never beat Windwalkers 1v1, NERF KARMA" "Necrotic Strike feels so clunky, take it away" "I'm sick of seeing Subtlety dominate the ladders, Combat and Assassination needs some love." "I'm sick of seeing guardian druids in RBGs, tanks have no place in PvP. Rogues should be the go to FC." "Why does Horde win EVERY SINGLE BG?! Will of the Forsaken needs to be nerfed or something." WoD pre-patch: "Wow, what happened to all my fun abilities?" "PvP is way too bursty and fast paced, everything needs to SLOW DOWN "Why can't we cast while moving anymore? Stop nerfing fun" Rets are insanely OP, 100-0 unpeelable burst with wings? 9 lives? WTF?" "Wow Demo 2 shot chaos wave, drain life spam. NERF IT. Demo should be designed around pets, not OP burst. "Disc silence is overpowered, NERF IT. Oh wait we can just race change dwarf" "Don't worry guys, the game is balanced around 100, not 90. WoD PvP will be much better." WoD Season 1: "Survival hunters are so overpowered. I'm sick of seeing Surv/Rdruid 9/10 of every 2s game I queue into. NERF TRAPS." "Combat is braindead OP, 100-0 unpeelable killing spree, 6 second kidney GG. Burst of Speed in Bgs? Really? I'd rather go back to Gdruids. I hate how Sub is so weak in comparison, also, give Assassination some love" "2H Frost conversion spam is so stupid, I'm sick of being 1v2ed by backpeddling FDKs. 2H Frost is horribly designed and has abysmal scaling, Frost needs to be designed around DW, not 2H. NERF CONVERSION, Death Siphon needs some love." "Melee is completely dominant in PvP, I can't play a caster without dying the moment a melee looks at me. it is obvious Blizzard favors melee." "I can't cast anything as a lock without being stun locked/ silenced/interrupted to death. Locks need more DEFENSIVES." "Ferals are so overpowered, incarnation is stupid, and why do they have cyclone? That makes them even more unbearable." "I am SICK of rdruids being the best pvp healers EVERY SEASON. Hpals need some love." "Windwalkers are so weak, BUFF KARMA" "Arms warriors are crap, we have 0 self sustain and do less damage than Glad Stance warriors. Oh, nerf glad stance btw." "Why is Alliance winning EVERY BG? Look, they are dominating the ladders NERF EMFH AND STONEFORM" "NERF DEMONBOLT" WoD season 2: "Why did you have to nerf Rets? They are mediocre again. Ugh, unsubbed." "Did you really just gut Demonology AGAIN? When we finally aren't completely useless in PvP? Affliction still has 10x our representation on the ladders." "Beast Master is SOOOO DUMB. the most braindead spec in the game. i miss playing Survival, which actually took SKILL" "Hpals can burst harder than dps? SBTL? Wings+Execution Sentence?! NERF DENOUNCE, this is even worse than Rdruid mobility" "I just got hit by a 200k Siegebreaker, that is ridiculous. Arms needs some love, Fury is dumb." WoD season 3: "I am so sick of having to gear up for PvP. I hate Ashran, why should I have to grind gear in order to compete against other players instead of just playing my class better than them? I am tired of being owned by people who think they are good just because they have better gear. PvP rewards should be purely cosmetic." "Assassination burst is ridiculous, 100-0 with DFA+Envenom, whose idea was it to buff them? Rogues should not be dependent on one shot burst, they should have their damage tied more to BLEEDS" "Godcomp is once again super dumb. I am sick of sitting in CC for 15 mins, why are we going back to OP caster cleaves?" "I just got hit by a 200k execute. NERF ARMS" "DW Frost DKs are so OP. Spammable 70k Frost Strikes and Death Siphons to full hp is ridiculous. what happened to the 2H Frost class fantasy? WHY'D THEY TAKE AWAY NECROSTRIKE?" Legion pre-patch: "Stat templates in PvP is an awful idea. Knowing how to min/max is a measurement of one's skill and an integral part of the RPG aspect of WoW. If we wanted to PvP for cosmetic rewards we'd play HoTS." "Warlocks heal more than healers and have too many defensives. If I kick them, they just cast again....." "I miss Metamorphosis burst as Demonology, i don't like having my damage tied to pets :/" "Wow, rogues can global me with bleeds, whose idea was it to tie rogue damage into bleeds?" "Why did you take Cyclone away from ferals? It was an integral part of their toolkit!" "Stop complaining guys, we don't even have our artifact traits of honor talents yet, at least wait until 110" Stormsidian2
4h 6h 8h 8h 9h 9h 10h 10h 11h 12h 12h 12h 12h 12h 13h 13h 13h 13h 13h 13h 14h
Best PvP post ever... Credit to Surron - Draka for writing this : "Actual PvP isn't 3 buttons and having something so simplified to mind numbing boring. The origins of WoW was gear, customization, finding that edge to conquer your enemies. Gear, enchants, gems, crafting, random items, stats, abilities. All of had a skill level of mastering. You might say " oh you need skill to beat some one else " but in reality skill was reward to those who had skill, who did research to locate items and did their homework. Being clever or aware of the games ins and outs is a skill. Effort is a skill, if you farm material to craft a item to abuse in a bg to kill others that's effort. Player vs player isn't about smashing 3 buttons- it's a combination of assets and resources a player brings to the table. One person is resourceful, another is clever, one has gear, one is masterful with stats, one is quick. Players who whine about the utilization of another aspect of the game are whiners cause they lack that form of skill. If we keep going down this track we will water this game down to 1 button and less things that even skill. We just removed trinkets, enchants, and engineering from pvp. See where this lameness is going? In vanilla You could farm mats for grenades Trinkets with stuns were sought after the leper gnome gun was used to dismount players Spell reflectors were pro Net guns were used for flag runners Gather mats for sprint pots was a must Band aids were a must Anti venom pots from stv great vs. Rogues Free action potions were pro Mithril spurs were a must for chasing players down Players made mind control helms to throw others off cliffs You could use target dummies to taught hunter pets Not skill in your book? Imagine playing back then? I call this resourcefulness, cleverness, players who invest in effort. Did it carry them? Smashing 3 buttons isnt skill any moron can do that but my hats off to the people who found these items, knew what they were good for, stocked them, knew when to equip and used them properly. " I am sadly going to miss this part of the game ,professions are near useless and no incentive to run dungeons and raids or grind honor to gear for the new PvP template. My days of WoW are over. Hightop59
14h 14h