Battlegrounds

Aug 3, 2012 question about buying PvP weapons I wanted a 2-H sword PvP weapon for transmod. I'm not a PvPer and don't do BGs. The sword cost 3400 honors, but it says it requires that you earn 7250 honors for the season before it unlocks the ability to buy the sword. Since I'm a PvEer I plan on just doing PvE stuff like dungeons to earn justice points and convert it into honors. Does earned justice points, and converting it to honors count towards the 7250 honors needed to unlock the ability to buy the sword for 3400 honors? I don't want to have to PvP since I won't be using the weapon in PvP, not interested in PvP, and don't have any resil gear, I just want a PvP weapon for me to transmog. I'd rather just PvE and trade JPs to honors if that possible, even tho its slower. Does it work?Cannabes2 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 LF RBG group! Full Cata +Heroic CoC Did a few RBGS at beginning (1900) in RBGS at beginning of season but they kinda died off on my server. Currently looking for someone to run with. Low rating atm. Hit me up in game mail on MishaAntagonistic3 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 3, 2012 Catharsis LFM for rBG fun times. As the title suggests, we are looking for like minded PvP people for low mmr rBGs. Currently doing rateds every Thursday night at 8:00 MT, with more days to be added as interest grows. For more info, feel free to contact either myself or Nahmalo either in game or on here; I'll be checking back periodically. Hope to see you gents on!Dancër0 Aug 3, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Heirlooms aren't the issue. Ugh, tired of seeing heirloom threads day after day. There's a key fact here that a lot of people are missing... I'm noticing that some people already know this, but clearly many, many others don't. I'm going to write about it, and hopefully those that agree will keep it bumped so that folks upset about heirlooms will see it, and adjust their thinking before posting. First off, lets lay it out clearly... what's the key complaint that players have regarding heirlooms? It's this: Heirloom players do too much damage and kill players too quickly. There is a misconception that heirloom items are the cause of this. Heirloom items do indeed add good stats, specifically in the health department, but these are actually comparable to what one might find in dungeons appropriate for that level range. To that end, is it inappropriate for people to come into battlegrounds wearing items they got in dungeons and fight against people who only have questing greens? No, it's not, WoW is a gear based game and while it's unfortunate, that's the way it is. It needs to be understood that once you hit 85, you will be fighting against players with much better gear than you who will kill you very quickly until you gear up. The gear disparity at the lower levels is actually much less than it is when you hit 85. That said, there is an imbalance at low level PvP but heirloom items are not the cause. The cause is damage scaling on abilities. The Cataclysm patch brought with it the new talent trees, which gave players access to their tier defining ability. For a lot of classes, this added a really high damage ability very early in the game. Not to pick on anybody, but a good example might be hunters getting aimed shot, or rogues getting mutilate. These are both high damage abilities that, in proportion to a players' health at low levels, hit extremely hard. I know for certain that when my prot paladin got Avenger's Shield at level 10, mobs became trivial. What this means in the PvP world is that DPS classes are now running with high damage abilities and people with low health are going to die very quickly. All heirloom items do at this stage is make you live a little longer and again, these are comparable to dungeon items you might get as you progress through the dungeons. So, instead of asking for heirloom items to be removed from low level bgs, or for them to be forced into a twink bracket, please consider that the problem is damage scaling on low level abilities. You might also ask for more health on low level items. Either way, the fact remains that if Blizzard were to remove herlooms today, you would still be getting 1 or 2 shot by players in green/blue gear. Hopefully that seems reasonable and makes sense. Please consider this information before posting complaints that heirlooms are ruining your BG leveling experience. *Edit: If you agree with this post, please up vote it. If even one person gets the idea and it saves the forum from another "remove BoAs!!" post, it's worth it ;)Smellybeard350 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 South graveyard Why does it still exist in strand of the ancients? It makes the attacking team run back to get demos, and puts the defending team in a better defending position(IMO). I know of zero decent players who would cap it, but you will see inexperienced players capping it then getting yelled at a chewed out like no other. Since it makes it so much harder to attack, it can force an attacking team to lose in a close game. So in conclusion, it only causes grief or is ignored by decent players. Why is it still here? Share you thoughts please.Bigjerk25 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Guys...Jimmies are 2 years old... Seriously, constantly referring to them makes you look like you're 12 and your mom only lets you onto approved sites. Get some new content.Quartus51 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 People are ruining 75-79 bracket Cata green people should be thrown in to the 85 bracketUltann11 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 BoA Gear - Good or Bad? I seriously think that players who make BoA twinks should only be able to play against other players with BoA twinks. The game isn't even enjoyable for us who don't have BoA gear, I just got kicked from a BG because I didn't have BoA gear. The entire alliance team was spawn killing us, they had BoA gear and some of us didn't, so we didn't stand a chance. Do you guys think BoA twinks should have their own BGs? Seriously Blizzard, please PLEASE fix this.Stahli28 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Most satisfying way to kill someone? For me it has got to be Thunderstorming rogues off of a cliff.Ultann80 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 70's Thread of Ddods for wins 70s have become more popular due to darkspear twinks xoxo Some quick info about the 70-74 bracket: + Queues + We get constant BGs almost all day and night. Queues usually start in the afternoon at 1 pm EST, and continue into the next morning until 5-7 am EST. Queue times are anywhere from 1-15 minutes depending on time of day It doesn't matter if you have a capped account, or stopped your experience, we're all queued together. + Gear + Brutal gear vendors can be located in Stormwind in the Champion's Hall, Orgrimmar in Hall of Legends, Gadgetzan in Tanaris, Area 52 in Netherstorm, and in the Dalaran Sewers. A full set of gear (set, offset, weapons, etc.) is ~2.3k honor. It's highly recommended to obtain the honor needed before hitting 70. Gear from the Sunwell Plateau, Black Temple, and some other level 70 raids are also strong for this bracket.This is the first bracket with access to resilience gear, in conjunction with Wrath gems and enchants, allows you to adjust your damage taken:damage dealt ratio to suit your own personal need. + Professions + You can level professions to 450. While any professions will suffice, a combination of Engineering, Jewelcrafting, and Blacksmithing are considered the best. Engineering currently has some very powerful items/tinkers available to 70s. For those of you who may have questions regarding how tinkers work at 450, they are explained in the link below:http://www.twinkinfo.com/f28/cata-engineering-tinkers-you-%4070-15583/ + Gems and Enchants +Arcanist Ivrenne (if you're Alliance) and Magistrix Lambriesse (if you're Horde) will sell uncut epic gems from Dalaran; all gems cost 220 Justice Points.375 Honor points can be exchanged for 250 Justice points by Edlan Halsing in the Champion's Hall if you're Alliance and Rogoc in the Hall of Legends if you're Horde.Enchants are available for nearly every armor slot at level 70. Of note, Revered with the Shattered Sun Offensive will get you a head enchant. You can buy the shoulder enchant for Honor off of the Accessories Quartermaster in Stormwind/Orgrimmar. + 70 vs. 74 + By going to level 74 you gain 2 additional talent points, a few base stats, an increase in ability scaling, a higher chance to be missed, and access to the level 71 archaeology axe (Nifflevar Bearded Axe). All of those benefits may seem appealing, but keep in mind you lose 25% of your secondary stats (resilience, haste, crit, etc.). Most players will encourage you to stay at 70 because most of the benefits are offset by the penalties for leveling, but feel free to play as you like. + Arenas + You can do arena, however there are no title rewards. 71-74s currently join arena teams, but you can make a team at 70 before leveling and still queue on that team.Although we don't have a ladder, arenas are ranked on www.twinkranking.com. + Rated BGs + There are numerous guilds/teams participating in Rated BG's (see below for listing). Pick-up games do occur on weeknights. If you intend to run a RBG group at a particular date/time, you should post on forums when you are in queue when you queue, or in advance. + Guilds + There are various active guilds on both Horde and Alliance side on a large number of servers. Some of the bigger ones are: Horde: <BattleMasters> - Altar of Storms --> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4362520674 <Jaytos Fanclub> - Mok'nathal - http://i.imgur.com/aMcKW.png <Nerd Cleave> - Frostmane - Recruiting 2.2k+ or prove competence Alliance: <xxmd Nation> - Sargeras - Not recruiting <Séxy Timé All Thé Timé> - Sargeras <Never Got My Glaives> - Arthas --> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3881708495 <Pardon My Swagg> - Sargeras <Apocalyptic> - Perenolde --> http://apoc-perenolde.wowstead.com/Layonthese4 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 [H] Rogue Looking for RBGs to push Hero Looking for a solid RBG team to push hero. Been 2200+ in all brackets this season, 2400 in 3s, 2370 in RBGs. Anyways, hit me up on skype, caavo1.Nicetrylol0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Ilv 401 Fire Mage LF RBGs Hey, I'm looking for a RBGs team to run with. My server is low pop an has no PvP going on. I have full cata minus one trinket, have CoC, an deathwing dagger. Hit me up if interested.Grapeswisher0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Hey, a question about 70s If I can only reach 70 and join the bg, will I face the 74 guys?Shadowill4 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Level 10-14 bg, endless queue I eliminated experience to play at level 14 in the battlegrounds, and i never get into a match. I only have a single heirloom, the rest of my gear is level 8 garbage. Why cannot the bgs be organized by relative stats, hps for melee/tanks, mana for healers/nukers ect, instead of locking out players who turned off exp totally.Crusâder9 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Deleted. Deleted. Rude way to say it btw guys your all really good people :DGahdal5 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 30%-50% resilience and leveling battlegrounds Is anyone else worried about the effect the built-in resilience - whether it's 30% or 50% - is going to have on leveling battlegrounds? I agree that lower-level PvP damage is too bursty, and should be reduced. My Hunter shouldn't be able to Aimed Shot people for >100% of their health, as hilarious though as it is. But the problem is that this is a huge buff to healing, which is already out of control. A skilled, geared healer in a low-level battleground is already nearly impossible to kill unless he's focused by 3 or more people. Two people, even two geared people, often already aren't enough. Even with interrupts and stuns, any heal that the healer gets off is a heal to full health. I often play with my wife, who plays various healers. No matter what class she's on, in low-level battlegrounds, practically every other spell she casts is the equivalent to Lay on Hands. She already needs to be focused down by 3+ skilled, geared people in order to die. Unexperienced, ungeared players won't do very much to her at all. Now consider this state of healing in low-level battlegrounds, combined with built-in 30% or even 50% resilience. Instead of needing 2-3 people to take down a good healer, you're going to need 4-6. If you go against two geared healers in Warsong Gulch, you don't even have enough players to kill them. No one with two healers is going to die. I support the effect built-in resilience will have on nerfing low-level PvP damage. But unless PvP healing is nerfed as well, I can see this turning out very badly. It seems to me that healing is also going to be overpowered in end-game, for the same reasons. If everyone is going to have a larger PvP damage reduction, but heals remain the same, and get a boost from PvP power, then baseline PvP healing MUST be nerfed, or else healing is going to be god mode. The way it looks like it's going to be, I fear that the game may become unplayable. I don't like solutions like increasing Mortal Strike to 50%, because that makes a few classes crucial. I think baseline PvP healing simply needs to be nerfed, at least as much as resilience is buffed.Elodeon16 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 [A] 1800+ cr Resto Sham LF 2k+ Push Hey all, First of all, not 100% sure this is in the right place. If it's not, I apologize. Now to the topic at hand, I'm an 1830cr Resto Sham, Full cata/Epic gems ect... and I'm looking for a group who is looking to push rating towards the end of this season. If you have a group that is looking to push some rating you can contact me at james.is.me@hotmail.com via real id.Zetlin0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Help me not suck in PVP at low levels please. I first started doing random battlegrounds as a way to get in some quick low-impact fun. I'm not too worried about pushing to 85, and prefer to duo with my fiance so don't want to outlevel her. As such, I thought it might be a good idea to roll up a low level character or two simply for battlegrounds. That's where my hell begins. To date I've tried a rogue and a warrior, and both have been an exercise in frustration. It should be noted I don't have enough honor for any heirloom gear, which is something I'd ultimately like to get; this usually means I craft the best of what I can with my main's blacksmithing. Sure this gear isn't blue, but it's far from undergeared/underequipped. So why is it I find myself in so many situations where: 1.)One to two shot kills. Talk about frustrating, before I can see a guy I've been targetted and killed. No big deal, I'll just travel in a group. Surely all of us won't die in one to two hits... oh. Wait. Nevermind. 2.)The target won't die. On my main, this is usually the bad luck of a well geared Death Knight or Priest, but I expect it. In these low level battlegrounds, it's not uncommon for me to see a character kite for or five people and about the time you think they're gonna die they pop a potion and the whole process begins anew. Meanwhile, while everyone is working that epeen with promises and threats that they're gonna be the guy to take this amazing tank down... friends of the mark show up to take him down. It's absolutely frustrating. How can I get PvP gear if I can't be on a winning team? How can I expect to be on the winning team if I, myself, am not pulling my weight? Granted, I'm new at battlegrounds but there seems to be something I'm absolutely missing where the number of people that can mop the floor with me at lower levels is outstanding, and any tips I can use to mitigate this and make this part of the game fun would be appreciated. Ultimately, I'd like to be in a situation where I have enough honor for the gear I need, but to get there I need to be able to pull my weight. I'm not even kidding, on my son's Undead Warrior today (who is level 14) I had a number of honor points sure, but 1 kill and 16 deaths? Pretty terrible, in my opinion.Gandiva5 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Most OP plate class for leveling In full BOA's/enchants/fully loaded gearz, what is the most OP plate class for DPS? I was in a battleground the other day and a ret paladin was literally obliterating everyone in one shot. I have also heard warriors and DK's are beasts, so anyone have input?Minced4 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Bloodthirsty Gladiator vs. Vicious Pyrium I'm curious about something. Looking at the stats on the Vicious Pyrium items, they seem better and have a higher item level than the Bloodtirsty Gladiator items. But the Bloodthirsty items have more sockets and set bonuses. So comparing set to set, which ends up being better in the end? edit: also, what about vicious gladiator vs vicious pyrium?Strangeduck0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 70s thread of 3s warfare 70s have become more popular due to darkspear twinks xoxo Some quick info about the 70-74 bracket: + Queues + We get constant BGs almost all day and night. Queues usually start in the afternoon at 1 pm EST, and continue into the next morning until 5-7 am EST. Queue times are anywhere from 1-15 minutes depending on time of day It doesn't matter if you have a capped account, or stopped your experience, we're all queued together. + Gear + Brutal gear vendors can be located in Stormwind in the Champion's Hall, Orgrimmar in Hall of Legends, Gadgetzan in Tanaris, Area 52 in Netherstorm, and in the Dalaran Sewers. A full set of gear (set, offset, weapons, etc.) is ~2.3k honor. It's highly recommended to obtain the honor needed before hitting 70. Gear from the Sunwell Plateau, Black Temple, and some other level 70 raids are also strong for this bracket.This is the first bracket with access to resilience gear, in conjunction with Wrath gems and enchants, allows you to adjust your damage taken:damage dealt ratio to suit your own personal need. + Professions + You can level professions to 450. While any professions will suffice, a combination of Engineering, Jewelcrafting, and Blacksmithing are considered the best. Engineering currently has some very powerful items/tinkers available to 70s. For those of you who may have questions regarding how tinkers work at 450, they are explained in the link below:http://www.twinkinfo.com/f28/cata-engineering-tinkers-you-%4070-15583/ + Gems and Enchants +Arcanist Ivrenne (if you're Alliance) and Magistrix Lambriesse (if you're Horde) will sell uncut epic gems from Dalaran; all gems cost 220 Justice Points.375 Honor points can be exchanged for 250 Justice points by Edlan Halsing in the Champion's Hall if you're Alliance and Rogoc in the Hall of Legends if you're Horde.Enchants are available for nearly every armor slot at level 70. Of note, Revered with the Shattered Sun Offensive will get you a head enchant. You can buy the shoulder enchant for Honor off of the Accessories Quartermaster in Stormwind/Orgrimmar. + 70 vs. 74 + By going to level 74 you gain 2 additional talent points, a few base stats, an increase in ability scaling, a higher chance to be missed, and access to the level 71 archaeology axe (Nifflevar Bearded Axe). All of those benefits may seem appealing, but keep in mind you lose 25% of your secondary stats (resilience, haste, crit, etc.). Most players will encourage you to stay at 70 because most of the benefits are offset by the penalties for leveling, but feel free to play as you like. + Arenas + You can do arena, however there are no title rewards. 71-74s currently join arena teams, but you can make a team at 70 before leveling and still queue on that team.Although we don't have a ladder, arenas are ranked on www.twinkranking.com. + Rated BGs + There are numerous guilds/teams participating in Rated BG's (see below for listing). Pick-up games do occur on weeknights. If you intend to run a RBG group at a particular date/time, you should post on forums when you are in queue when you queue, or in advance. + Guilds + There are various active guilds on both Horde and Alliance side on a large number of servers. Some of the bigger ones are: Horde: <BattleMasters> - Altar of Storms --> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4362520674 <Jaytos Fanclub> - Mok'nathal - http://i.imgur.com/aMcKW.png <Nerd Cleave> - Frostmane - Recruiting 2.2k+ or prove competence Alliance: <xxmd Nation> - Sargeras - Not recruiting <Séxy Timé All Thé Timé> - Sargeras <Never Got My Glaives> - Arthas --> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3881708495 <Pardon My Swagg> - Sargeras <Apocalyptic> - Perenolde --> http://apoc-perenolde.wowstead.com/Aibreann500 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Help finding a new PVP home. I am looking to transfer from my server. I am looking to go to a PVP server that is active and is more evenly matched in Tol Barad and world PVP. And hopefully one that is in a decent battlegroup. I am also looking for an active and friendly PVP guild. I am alliance but I am not opposed to faction change if needed, although that would be a last resort. If anyone could give me some tips or point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Your friend.Poodoopoodoo6 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Is this wrong? I got called an ahole by a team mate in wsg I find lawlz in hunting down the same player over an over again in a bg and blowing them to little bits. It's even better when I que with two guildies we all find it funny we all pick different players and only attack them inless ovbivously the eFc is near by or node is being attack. Then at the end we see how many Kbs we got knowing that more than 3/4 are the same player. Now when we have guild play rules goes as follows no targets can have under 140k hp if so he doesn't count because thats just unfair ie no resil.Beki15 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Ruthless Challenge Alright, I have been kicking this idea around in my head for awhile. I would appreciate feedback and ideas. I would like to gear out this toon in full Ruthless. I typically go Holy, and that is the spec that I am planning to do full Ruthless. I would do Ret, but to be optimized, I would have to use my T13 Heroic 2 piece, and my Heroic Gurth, and that seems like it wouldn't be in the spirit of the challenge. Gearing out will take a little bit of time, because I have vendored all of my old pieces. That's not an issue. That point that I would like feedback on is how I should document this for these forums. It may not prove anything to some/many of you, but I would still like the evidence to be out there. I could screenshot whatever you like, however, I do not stream or fraps or any of that so that would be something I would prefer to avoid. Another question, I suppose. What would be considered a success? Comments?Eisenhorne16 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 RBGS delete.Theokeles2 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Horde bgs 3x as bad as alliance? I had been alliance for a good amount of time and switching to horde I noticed one thing, horde bgs we lose 90% of the time and I'm not joking its HORRIBLE, makes it extremely hard to pvp gear this hunter.Borraqt21 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 something needs to be done http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/138/wowscrnshot080112201258.jpg/ enough said?Crazymami2 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 LF someone to make 29 twinks fast Alright here's the deal. When cata hits, many of the best 29 items will be gone, including things like deadman's hand. As a long time 29 twink enthusiast (who deleted old school twinks and GM's can not restore) I am looking to roll a new twink and deck him out to get grannied in, before cata hits hopefully at a pretty fast rate. Anyone interested?Minced1 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Disc vs Shadow dps which is better? I do like shadow but it does seem that disc has a lot more tricks to stay alive and do damage. I know shadow does more dps but they have to be alive to do it. Any thoughts?Cholei6 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Flag Carrier Disparity-Heroic Leap I know this has probably been talked about ad nauseam but I really want to give my personal opinion. Every tanking class needs a heroic leap in my opinion. It is really the only reason that warriors are sought for RBG over other classes. I love playing my DK as blood carry. I'm good at it but its near impossible to find a decent RBG group because "DK's can't carry L2P." So I've been grinding on my Warrior for honor and I really dislike the warrior mechanics. My personal preference. I am going to play warrior because they're still the only class that will have a heroic leap type ability; monk is close second with roll but they're ability to carry is undetermined as of yet. Not saying this needs fixing but it kind of goes against the whole, "Bring the player, not the class."Anaxo25 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Mounts I bought a winged steed of the ebon blade and I can't use it in battle grounds. Why can't I ride a gryphon but the other guys can ride a dragon? I wish for any mount to be used in battle grounds.Vancerow1 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Class Achievements There is a whole lot of different ways to implement class achievements how it is right now, if you think about it. But I'll tell you what types of things may deserve achievements in my class point of view. 1. Leap of faith someone who got thunderstorm/knock back abilitys/or someone who is falling. 2. Mind Control an enemy and hit on of targets faction. so ya. those two were a really small list of good achievements for priests there is many ways you can go about it.Kagulis0 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Free level 80, which class should i get? So me and a friend just got done with our second RaF 80 which means, a free level 80! :D I was wondering what a good PvP damage class to roll would be for MISTS OF PANDARIA, not CATACLYSM 4.3.3. Thanks.Astroshot2 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Alterac Valley I'm ready to play some PVP - Excited to spam frostbolt and ice lance, and freeze my life away. I queue for a random battleground . . . . ALTERAC VALLEY EVERY SINGLE TIME. I ABSOLUTELY DETEST THIS WRETCHED BATTLE GROUND WHY MUST I KEEP GETTING THE QUEUE? Does anyone else feel like this? or is it just me?Aliceglass18 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Premades on Trollbane for Achievements I'm looking for a group of PVP'ers to do Battlegrounds of RBGs with where we can coordinate and work on achievements and stuffMacabere0 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Geared Ret w/ bone-link LF xrealm rbg check my armory if intrested real id me, brennangreg2@gmail.comXcellent2 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Twinks Why did you remove them? I don't enjoy having my wait time for bgs turned up 1000% (not exaggerating) when I turn off my xp, let me bg with everyone else in my bracket please.Lildumbuldor14 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 [A] Forming new group 0-2.4k push [2.2k lead] I'm currently trying to gauge interest in RBGs on Alliance side. The whole group consists of players who have either hit 2.2k through arenas or rbgs. So I'm trying to keep the invites to the same calibur level. So far we have: FC : Prot Warrior (Throth @ Alterac Mountains) 2033 CR ~ T2 Heals : Resto Shaman (Beershock @ Alterac Mountains) 0 CR Holy Paladin (Caydonn @ Darkspear) 2012 CR Disc Priest (Freakstyle @ Kel'Thuzad) 2197 CR ~ T2 DPS : Frost DK (Lyleil @ Alterac Mountains) 0 CR ~ Heroic Gurthalak Rogue (Oli @ Alterac Mountains) 2206 CR ~ T2 Lock (Amelin @ Alterac Mountains) 0 CR Boomkin (Hewpty @ Kel'Thuzad) 2141 CR ~ T2 Ele Shaman (Doomhaus @ Alterac Mountains) 764 CR Fire Mage (Zarick @ Alterac Mountains) 1719 CR - normal Rathrak/heroic Cunning My main RBGer was http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/firetree/Massdispel/advanced but as most groups, mine fell apart at 2.2k as everyone camped for elite/tier2 weapons and then bounced. This group will be RBGing as far as we can go and I reckon with the right synnergy, 2.4k and beyond will be possible. I plan on running standard dot cleave so what we need are: Heals : Disc Priest (300+ dispels a game) I'm not taking the first to reply but the best to reply that is interested. Whether you're currently floating around 0-2k RBG CR or not, I guarantee we will be hitting at least 2.2k this season if not 2.4k with the small amount of time we have left. I shouldn't have to tell you what class mechanics you need to utilize or gems to min/max or glyphs/specs that work best for RBGs. If you've been 2.2k+ in 3s and know your job/listen/follow directions leave a reply here or send an in-game mail to my DK on Alterac Mountains with your realID/skype and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.Lyleil22 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Fixing AV Ok i was there when AV first came out, it was great everyone did the quest and things happen. Now its just a run to who can get to the boss and kill them first. I have a fix for that, using the new instant quest system that allows you not to have to run back and turn in quest, but complete them as your questing. This would put a whole new spin on AV and bring back the old days of the riders and elemental. All players would have to do is pick up loot off of bodies and it would then it would go into a pool which everyone in the BG can put in for. But here is the next problem picking up the quest to do them, running back to fort would be a waste of time. I have two options one you can start the spawn zone at the fort or move the quest givers to the cave you start in. I want to know anyone elses feed back so let me knowKrieggott1 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 The Horde and it's great losing streak. So I've noticed the Horde loses a lot in battlegrounds, so to try and make sure I wasn't just insane and thinking we lost every battleground I decided to do a little experiment. I played 100 battlegrounds at level 85 to see how many were wins and how many were loses. Loses:76 Wins:24 Why are the horde so terrible and why can't they even PvP? I remember when I started playing on the horde in BC (Switched from alliance in vanilla) because they were amazing at PvP and actually had IQs above double digits. I'm not sure what is causing this steep decline in wins but I'm rather annoyed with it. Is there ANYTHING we can do to weed out this lesser scums of the horde? Maybe...an IQ test before you can PvP or even play on the Horde?Rainydays141 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 One class ruining all the fun! So i'm not exactly new but i haven't been around all that long. This is my 2nd/3rd toon (one of them) and the first one where i'm really embracing some pvp and really learning the ins and outs of healing as i progress but, and i know this is a super common topic, hunters break everything! My first toon was a hunter and i levelled straight through bg's so i missed all the details of what they're like from a 1st person perspective but in the last 19 levels it's just been sad to see what hunters are capable of in these brackets. I'm not talking about getting focused cus i'm heals, i'm talking about the guy 10 yards away who i see get a hunter mark and in the 3 seconds of mounting and running to him he's already been disposed of. Hell, i see people going from 100%-0% inside the time it takes to cast a flash of light. People finish those bg's feeling like they just threw their time away and that's what it turns the whole game into. Something worthy of being thrown away! I'm sure i'll get some nice condescending responses to this but i'm just trying to do a good job. I've got my head around other annoying classes just fine, (mages + rogues tend to bug me in bg's a lot) but i have nothing against hunters but spamming flash on myself and hoping someone is around to help me. I know there's dozens of other threads and there's lots of things i should and shouldn't be worrying about or things i shouldn't be doing in bg's etc etc but at the end of the day, Hunter's ruin bg's from... well at least 10-29 that's for sure. so Blizzard, !@#$ing do something about it! How hard could it be to scale down the weapon damage of lower level guns/bows/crossbows. %^-* their spells and abilities, change their weapons. Make it easier for every class who doesn't have a stealth button hmmm.. commence trolling.. i'll be back >.>Onesock25 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Ele/Resto Shaman LF X-realm RBGs Only played up to 1700 with my guild. Our RBGs were constantly plagued by only 2-3 of us showing up consistently with a revolving door of other players who either had little-to-no PVP gear, or had never set foot in an RBG. I'd like to find a group (or a few) that do morning/afternoon or late night RBGs due to my current work schedule. Anytime between 10am and 3pm Central time, and after typically after 12am central time with the exception of weekends. Full Cataclysmic in both Resto (5k+ res) and Elemental (4.1k-4.9k res depending on weapon/trinket setup). Have Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest, Rathrak, the Poisonous Mind, andCunning of the Cruel; plenty of fancy PvE healing gear as well for Resto. Would rather to play Elemental, but would be more than happy to play Resto if needed. Would prefer an 18+ adult group of people. Not looking to transfer, I'm happy with my guild from a PvE standpoint, just unhappy with our lack of PvP :) Real ID: deathbivouac@gmail.comRoyce0 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 World of Roguecraft I play any class, i get !@#$ed by rogues, it doesn't matter what class i play there is no escape from the bull%^-*. I play my shaman, i get stabbed in the head and basically have everything i can do countered. I play my warrior, i get CCed into oblivion and the little damage i get out is outhealed, not by a healer, but by the rogue, fantastic !@#$ing design right there. I play my hunter or my mage, finally, i get the chance to get rid of that irritating little %^-*ball rogue then finally, near death, the !@#$er vanishes. You don't kill rogues, rogues kill YOU. You cannot escape, you fight a rogue and if the stars align and the bastard dies, you get ambushed by the other fotm mouthbreather rogue who was watching the whole time. I hope rogues take some level of intelligence to play decently in MoP because right now, the infuriating thing is that any tard can make and level a rogue and kill most classes. The amount of fotm idiots out there is testament to this.Perfuro27 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 A question on Hero of the Horde/Alliance So I know that hero of the horde/alliance is the RBG equivalent to gladiator (sort of), but there is one issue that is not clear to me. For arena, there are very strict and clear rules as to what team/toon is eligible for a title. I believe the current rules are: To be considered an 'active team': 1) the team must have at least 20 games played during the season; 2) there is at least one person on the team with 20% of total games played for the season; 3) there is at least one person on the team whose PR is no less than 100 below the team rating. To be eligible for a title: A player must have at least 20% games played during the season and have a PR no less than 100 below the team rating. Here the definition of a team and the eligibility for a title are both very clear (I might've missed a few, couldn't find the actual definition so just recalled from memory). For RBGs it's a little less clear since there are no 'teams' for RBGs and there is only a single rating, which is your personal RBG rating. So what qualifies you for a title for the season? Just play one game during the season?Elgunaz0 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Entering A Losing BG I know its been discussed - people wait in cue - then enter a BG already in process and your team is losing = frustration. So while it seems a viable solution isn't easy/clear cut - I would like to offer the following to make that particular situation a little less painful: If you char enters a bg already in process and your team is losing that you automatically start scoring double the honor points you would normally receive. So if you enter a BG midstream and wind up getting 50 hp's that session -you would leave with 100 hp's. I'm not sure how to submit this recommendation to Blizzard so if there is another way other than these forums - let me know.Jossica11 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 PROTLFG 1950CR Prot war Full cata/Epic gems 450+RBGs on toon LFG to push 2k+ PSTDublplatinum2 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 1850exp rogue LF core rbg group to push 2k 1850exp in rbg and arena...need core rbg group to push 2k before MOP. 1700+CR!Xpertneo0 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Why equalized gear bgs won't work. Firstly, I would like to say that the way bgs are now may not be for everyone, but please remember to read through my post and think critically about it, if you find any flaws in my logic or ways to fix the problem please post a comment. Remember: If you want skill and strategy to be the focal point of bg's, go do RBG's. Use the tools Blizzard has given you. This will be a relatively long post, and I'm open for discussion on how my opinion could be wrong, also others ways equalized gear won't work. There will be two ways of my thinking here and it will be how I separate the Paragraphs. One being with leaving normal "unbalanced" gear bg's in game, the second being having the equalized gear becoming the new bg, and removing they way they work now. I'll be starting with leaving in bg's and just adding equalized gear bgs. The first problem with this is gear progression, when bg's are left in you would have to keep the equelized gear or make it so you have it only while in the bg, meaning there being no progression in to pvp as soon as you hit max level. If you kept the gear, you would still get roflstomped by full geared pvpers in normal bg's, therefore not fixing the problem. But if you only had the pvp while in the equalized bg and received honor for getting bg gear, whats the point of doing normal bg's? There really isn't one. This solution would only increase que times. Next, With co-existing equalized and normal bgs, I could only see this being put into the last patch of the expac. There would be no need for normal bg's and gear-progression except for the players who plan to go on to do rateds, if they put it in at the start. Too add, the scaling gear problem isn;t a problem until the last patch of the expac. Also, the gear you are given (even though that ruins a lot of the fun of a game mostly fun because of upgrading your toon and feeling accomplished.) HAS to be worse then bg gear. If not then there is no point of normal bg's. If you get to keep the gear it's pretty much a free set of crafted gear, which is available in game and would screw over crafters. If you don't get to keep it and it is worse, The equalized bg's should give less honor and no conquest points or normal bgs would be useless. Now, if they completely got rid of normal bg's they would have to give you the gear set to keep, or rated would be dominated by pvers. The ladders would break with all the fast pve gearing players hitting high rating then never queing again. But if you get to keep the gear then whats the point of PvPing at all. It would feel unsubstantial to get to max level then receive everything you heart desires. Wouldn't it get boring to not have anything to grind for in bgs anymore, wouldn't that break gear progression for people not looking for a dedicated rated team, or ever weekly point caps? Would you really want to be fully geared as soon as you hit max level, not to mention it would have to be worse then quest gear so it doesn't interfere with pvers. I know pvp power would fix this problem, but it is still there. I've seen many posts about the weapons not having power on them, would you not receive the equalized pvp weapon if this is true? TL;DR Just read it it's not that long and there's probably many things debatable in the post. All in all, I just don;t think there will be a sufficient way to implement equalized bg's but I could be wrong, It's open for discussion.Acolight0 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Ele Shaman PvP Video This is my 1st Elemental Shaman PvP video. I just wanted to get feedback on it to see what the community thought. I would appreciate constructive and not troll feed back please. This is only a preview for the up-coming full length 1st video. Thanks in advance! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFr2rgPFToA&feature=youtu.beWickédways9 Aug 1, 2012