Customer Support

Oct 18, 2012 repeated form letters from customer services what is with all the form letter replies from customer services .. I logged a ticket to customer service (including links to forum posts that tracked the issue) - this ticket was marked resolved and I was sent a form letter response - I logged a complaint about being sent a form letter and having the case marked resolved, this too was marked as resolved and I was sent the same form letter again - i sent a "formal" complaint (yes it doesn't mean anything, but i hoped a human might look at the detailed content) about receiving multiple form letters and having cases marked as resolved, this was marked as resolved as well and i received the same form letter again - i will post the form letter below if it fits - I have worked as an ICT Manager and understand the tricks support people use to mark cases as resolved, and i can understand that being busy people want to move things sideways - but i never had this, before the expansion and now it is the only response i receive from customer support - all three received from the same customer service representative tag and sent to customer service by the same toon The status of your Customer Support ticket ###### has changed to Resolved. You can view your ticket details by logging into World of Warcraft, or by clicking the link below: http##### If you can’t click the link above, copy and paste the entire URL to your browser. This is the latest response from Customer Support: Greetings, Welcome to the newest expansion of World of Warcraft! We appreciate the information you have provided regarding your recent in-game experience. Rest assured that these details will be investigated fully and anything working less than perfect will be fixed as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on our forums for updates on known issues by visiting http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/. For additional information and tips, please visit one of our fan sites listed in the forum thread http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6398669877. Regards, Blizzard Entertainment http://battle.net/supportTerminator12 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Hello this about RaF Hello i was wondering if we could RaF could use the perk 300x the exp across realms or not because i wanted to lvl my DK with my RaF's Monk when were partied together i mean lolOdaxnobunaga3 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Vengeance in bgs why don't vengeance work in bgs?Onitsukaa3 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 RaF info Hello I'm Oda i was wondering if RaF works across realm because i want lvl my Dk on another realm thanks :DOdaxnobunaga0 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Quick question on a new account So the wife is finally going to play, and we're going to use the RAF. My quick question is do we have to repurchase the Battlechest (Vanilla-Wrath), Cata AND MoP? Or is there 1 total upgrade we can buy.Worgburger5 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 2v2 Arena problems!!!! My friend and I are trying to do 2v2s. We both are lvl 85, but when we queue it boots him as soon as we get in the game! We have no idea why. I have MoP and he doesn't, but that shouldn't be a problem. This is extremely annoying!! Please help with tips. I'm very confused.Belmeth7 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 There should never be... There should NEVER be a location where if I die I cannot get back to my corpse. No, it does not "add to the challenge". No, it does not "Make me think out a better strategy for next time", No, it does not "Make the world bigger". Yes, it does make me want to pull my freaking hair out and send you a bill for the amount of gold that my spirit rez cost and the 10 minutes of my time you wasted. What in world made you decide "You know, people were able to fly to their corpses, that's just too useful, screw those people"?Deadgilder11 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Inappropriate Name Well, I've reported this name, but the dude still has it, so why shouldn't everyone enjoy it. [Removed] Because that's funny too. Right guys? Right? I mean obviously CS thinks it's funny because they don't do anything when these names get reported.Tuore10 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Item disappeared from AH Ok, i already opened a ticket, but ETA is at one week... So to the topic. I created two epic tailored chests, placed them on the AH for about 10K each, i was checking regularly, loging my seller toon, and both where there, ok. The third time i went to check, one of the chests where gone, it was'nt listing on the AH, it was'nt on the incoming gold tab, and the gold wasnt on my mail box, neither the chest where on my bags, or anywhere. Did someone already had this kind of problem, and got it solved by a GM?Maat2 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 This is ridiculous and you know it. You are forcing people into things they do not want to do by enforcing caps under the current conquest point cap system. If I want to RBG to cap I should be able to. If I want to try and get 40 random BG wins a week, I should be able to. If I want to arena to cap I should be able to. I am sick of being forced to do garbage I don't want to just to cap. This is insane. If I can valor cap by doing dailies or valor cap by doing only dungeons, why can I not conquest cap how I see fit also? Blizzard stop destroying the game.Jenkins44 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Omg really? I go afk for 10 mins and a GM reply to my ticket while I was afk that took me 7 days to get a reply, saying that I need to talk with them. I replied on the battle net account but nothing back. Don't tell me I have to reopen the ticket and wait another whole week...Melodii6 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 meta achievement completed, achievement not I have completed all the meta achievements for the "Taming Kalimdor" achievement but that achievement is still grayed out and so I cannot do Kalimdor pet dailies - can you please look into fixing this? thanks is what I ticketted. I have defeated all the pet tamers listed.. yet bringing up the Taming Kalimdor achievement shows all the tamers names in green, but Taming Calimdor is listed as an achievement in progress. I have defeated ALL THE PET TRAINERS in the game. However, the reply I get when stating the above in my ticket was: Whimso We’d like to start by saying that after reviewing your petition we are sorry to tell you that we are not able to assist with your request. When petitioning in about an achievement issue; please understand that all achievements must be completed in-game. Even if you believe that you completed the requirements for the achievement (like defeating a heroic boss) we are still unable to give you credit. You will need to complete the run again. I would point out that there is NO WAY in game I can fight the master trainers again, they will not permit it. I have tried ticketting this in multiple ways and receive equally nonsensical answers every time. Can someone PLEASE look into this bug!?Cythia2 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 ticket responce where do i goto leave feedback on ticket response when not given a choice for the surveyBrokenz8 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Help! Forever Stunned! My priest is in Stormwind Trade District Inn 2nd floor permanently stunned and unable to move. I've had tons of people come up and try to help but no one can do anything. Please help. I've opened a ticket but it has a 5 day wait time.....Reïßzahn8 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 SoR realm change shows the wrong realm A friend of mine sent me a SoR to bring me back into the game, but he has since changed realms after he sent me the SoR. I want to level boost my toon and do the realm transfer to play with him, but the transfer process shows his old realm (the realm he was on when he sent the invite), not the realm he is on right now. This seems broken to me. I want to play on the realm where he is now, not where he used to be. Any chance a blue angel is out there and will see this post?Sydeswipe2 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 random dc's/freezing all day today yes i use an authenticator. been happening all day in dungeons/lfr. disconnected or screen will freeze however chat will still work.Gammagulp3 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 PVP Interaction While Not Flagged? So Fenris is a PVE server. I don't run around flagged, and I don't queue for BGs without sitting in Stormwind. (Yeah, yeah, I'm a carebear, whatever.) Well, tonight I was hanging around Halfhill waiting for midnight to roll around so I could harvest my crops. Out of nowhere, a horde DK deathgrips me then runs off to his farm and becomes phased. Someone else got flagged and killed by the merchants. What just happened?Kalrez2 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Im in the wrong zone, im in the wrong zone... Why am i always in the wrong zone. Everytime I move between zones the middle of my screen says "You are in the wrong zone". I turned off all my add ons and it still says it. HelpSmexibear2 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 OK. so how do i delete this account.... Alright then i had my fun and want delete this account associated with my real name and address. Or if anyone wants to buy it. :P Thanks blizzard for fun.Quints8 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Pandaria Error Code 108! Just bought mists (no wow currently installed), and im getting an error code 108 with the installation discs. The installer stays on 0% for 10 minutes, the progress bar doesn't move, then it says it was unable to open tome3? Any suggestions? As an Englishman living in Australia, i have deal with horrific internet services here, doing a digital download of the entire game will take 2 days or more!Yousif8 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 24, 2012 Feedback - Ganking Those of you who like me who have a life outside of this game and have very limited time to actually try and enjoy this game and who are fed up with the uncontrolled ganking happening in the game, please post your support here for a boycot/protest of what has happened in WoW. On the server where I play my alliance characters the horde have taken to denying entire areas to the opposing faction. This is due to the GROSS NEGLIGENCE of Blizzard's decision to lump all the players together into a single area in a MISGUIDED attempt to repopulate said areas. I can not complete any quests because of a coordinated and determined effort on the part of some players to continuously GRIEF and DENY SERVICE to other players. Just what are we paying a monthly fee to this company for? Their product is OBVIOUSLY defective and we are just wasting our money trying overcome their poor decision making. I have been a player for 6 years, since roughly two months after the game went live way back then. I am disgusted not only by what this game has become, but now also the complete and total lack of desire on Blizzard to address my concerns. When I file a legitimate complaint it is now the policy of the staff to simply respond with a CANNED response and CLOSE the ticket and hope you go away. I recommended this game to my friends based on the excellent customer experience Blizzard USED to provide. Now I wouldn't even recommend this game to my worst enemy. How can I justify continuing my financial support for a company that A) Provides a broken game experience to it's players, and B) Choses to abandon those same customers when they have a legitimate concern that we want addressed in a manner that is RESPECTFUL of the dollars we give them each month? I will let my three accounts lapse at the end of this month's subscription.Darklighter166 Oct 24, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Character Service Duration/Delays - 10/16 UPDATE: 10:00am PDT Morning everyone -- The character service delays are still being investigated. We may have found the cause for the delays but we don't have an ETA at this time. I know this is frustrating, but please stay constructive and on topic. We'll update the thread when we know more. ~ Harlsoco ************************************ It is probably a good idea to create a centralized thread for information and updates. :) As many of you know, character services are currently taking longer than normal to complete. We are aware that these transactions are currently listed as pending/queued for a number of you for much longer than the average wait time would indicate. While Customer Support is unable to manually complete the transaction, our technical staff is looking into the system and working to get these transactions moving. If your payment information is up to date and the History/Status page shows that your transaction is pending or queued, you may simply need to wait for it to process. Please note that this matter remains a high priority and we will provide what updates we can when they become available. We appreciate the patience and understanding.Vrakthris1353 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Race Change Problem (Different From Others) I am trying to figure out if my race change worked or not. Under race change history it shows the change as pending, with a cancel option next to it. I have not yet been charged to my credit card, and haven't gotten an email from blizzard about the race change. I don't know if I should hit the cancel button and try paying for it again. Please help. (I also logged into a wow a few times to play as a different character while pending for the race change)Krumgar3 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Multi-Person Mount Issues Keep getting launched off various multi-person mounts for no reason. It doesn't seem to matter whether we're flying or on ground it just ejects me. Including: Mechano-Hog Giant Icy Mammoth Obsidian Nightwing X-53 Rocket any ideas as to why?Ded2 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Framerate issues My framerate started acting up about 6 hours ago...got ahold of my pc guru and he cleaned up my pc etc...been trying to fix the problem on my end...but it looks like it has something to do with Blizz....anyone else having problems?Wyldside0 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Combat issue running my warrior around valley of the four winds looking for rares and random stuff, i run through a lot of mobs. sometimes i end up staying in combat, after the mob is killed, or i keep running. unable to mount. Unstuck won't work, and when i hearth i stay in combat.Billy1 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Guild wants me back and i did a free transfer So i have a question... when MoP came out my old server (KJ) was full and i was tired of sitting in the Que for hours just to play for an hour. I would have to sit and prep hours in advanced to get on, so i transferred off server to Frostwolf. Well not my guild wants me back and im trying to transfer back but for some reason i try to select (KJ) from the select server screen and it doesn't come up... can anyone give me any in site on why im not able to transfer back to my old server.. Do they lock the server out so people cant transfer in or what? Im confused :-) V/R ÇrysïsÇrysïs3 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 In-Game Ticket It was marked as resolved when it was a 2-part ticket. The latter part was not as important, and the issue not clearly resolved. Can I get a speedy response? I really don't want to wait ANOTHER 5 days when my original ticket was not even completed.Kiritsugu14 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Can't post on forums because "Account Banned" Hello, I got a 3 hours suspension in the game a few days ago. I now can't post on the forums on that account, it tells me "Account Banned" even though I'm in the game right now playing.Calayton6 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Hey Blues!!CS Gave NO HELP in game on Ticket. I opened a ticket in regards to an achievement that I recieved in game. The achievement was Menagerie (for collecting 125 pets). I did not recieve the reward item that is supposed to go with the achievement. I waited a bit, in case the mail system was a little behind and still nothing. I also inquired as to why a letter I recieved from the postmaster about a lost item in the nether, had nothing in it. Here is my ticket and here is their response.... Donielle @ Silvermoon I recieved the Menagarie achievement on 10/13 but have yet to recieve the reward for aquiring it. Is this a bug or is the reward no longer available? I also 10/16 just got a letter from the postmaster saying it recovered a lost item and that it was attached. There wasnt an item in the letter. Can you tell me what it was or recover it for me? Thank you. #1 11 hours ago Whimso Customer Service Representative Greetings!We’d like to thank-you for contacting us regarding your in-game concern. We’d like to start by saying that after reviewing your petition we are sorry to tell you that we are not able to assist with your request. When petitioning in about an achievement issue; please understand that all achievements must be completed in-game. Even if you believe that you completed the requirements for the achievement (like defeating a heroic boss) we are still unable to give you credit. You will need to complete the run again. Lastly, if you are looking for information about completing an achievement, we cannot give you hints regarding requirements to complete an achievement.Thank-YouBlizzard Entertainment Support Can someone please tell me how this was supposed to be helpful??? I did not ask about how to aquire the achievement, I completed the achievement in game (How the hell else could I get it), and how the HECK am I supposed to aquire the achievement once I have already gotten it??? Is this a keyword copy response where you just skim through and think that you have given help when all you do is tick people off?? The wait list on a response to a ticket is to long to do keyword responses. Then the gm posted it as resolved, when it obviously is not, so that I have to open yet another ticket??? To top it all off, I didnt even get a response about the postmaster letter.Donielle6 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Guilded but not actually in a guild? When ever I log into my battlenet account and look at my characters for transfers and such it lists my unguilded characters as being in guilds i've never even heard of. Is this a bug on the character tab in account management?Strnád0 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Darkmoon Faire issue As instructed by the in game gm, i previously made a post, in this forum. A day later, i log in and see that it was moved to be a general discussion issue, which i find to be nothing more than avoiding the problem. I play on the quel'dorei realm. On the last day of darkmoon faire, i wasn't able to get online much and had a couple of guildies watching AH and trade for anybody selling the last card i needed to complete my deck. With some luck, we were successful. Logged on around 11:10-11:15 server time, quickly put it together, picked up the quest and headed to goldshire to turn it in. When i reached it, the portal was gone. I really wasn't sure what was wrong at first, so i checked my calendar, thinking maybe i had my days wrong and it ended the night before. Then, i saw the issue was that Goldshire was cross realm and also an hour ahead. Fly back to Stormwind and it still showed Darkmoon Faire as ending at 11:59PM server. Given that this wasn't my fault, as the calendar on my realm still showed the faire as active, i opened the ticket to attempt to get the trinket i had worked to get THAT week. I'm sure that I won't get much more than a "screw you, get it next month" but i would much rather that than seeing my post brushed to the side and ignore, yet again.Brvsirrobin4 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 archaeology skill up on gray fragments with archaeology I have been getting skill up on gray fragments. Is there a tool tip bug or something? Had a few not too long agoXuolia3 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 WoW Grinding and PvP I don't like how you have to grind all the levels on each of your characters if you want to play something different. I think that WoW should adopt a new model - all your characters get the same amount of experience and share levels. Seriously.. Why is the same quest even available to do? If you've already done something for an NPC in WoW..why would the NPC have me do it again? But I guess that falls in line with the rest of all of WoW.. Dailies.. Dungeons over and over.. Same BGs over and over.. Same everything.. I like that we're going to have the Arena Pass server available to us, but I think that's how all WoW PvP should be.. Everyone should be equally geared.. No more grinding..just having fun.. Playing when you want to play and not being forced into having to meet your cap so you don't fall behind in gear.. Being forced to level all your characters to 90 the first week so you don't fall behind (I already managed to fail here). All of the grind just makes this game kind of suck, but I like to play in the end...once I finally have some manner of equal level gear.. Guess what I'm saying is that I like the arena pass realms idea..you just need to not just dip your toes in the water with it like you're doing.. Go all in and make it the only way to arena, or have characters just go in with full gear.. Make this a game that is a little more balanced..in terms of gear.. and heck..in terms of classes too.. If we all can instantly be BM hunters then BAM we're all on the same playing field.. It'd show you quicker what classes need nerfing if everyone is playing fotm. Not that you'd actually do anything with that data, but at least we'd be able to.. Anyways.. WoW..PvP..everyone completely geared.. Arena servers for those of us who just want to PvP. Oh.. and just give everyone the human racial.. geeze..Vampiro28 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Major bug, servers need to be shut down Lightfaith3 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Customer Service Representative failure A customer service representative from Blizzard didn't answer my ticket at all and I wasn't able to reopen it. I'm not going to send them a new one and wait another two days because he doesn't know how to do his job propertly. The only answer I receive was premade answer saying that they couldn't give me any hints on the gameplay and that if I was looking for some information on items I could go to wowhead or such websites... How can you miss the point that much?!?! I know my english isn't perfect but still! He could've made an effort and atleast read it to be coherent! Someone reopen my ticket and tell the representative that he failed miserably to understand my problem!Pikaty13 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Character Xfer Name Glitch...Ticket Open... xfered a character, realm and faction...changed name went to log on ...says name is flagged... it has happened before I jsut changed the name and moved on with my life... now this character has been unplayable for two days as I do not want to change the name...nor use symbols. am i really going to have to wait 5 days for a open ticket to be ansfered to get my name un-flagged?... If so then I suppose thats my answer... would calling do me any good? Sobaka - Wildhammer may still be under Brodyaga - Tichondrius -GordonKnife5 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 A Real Life Threat I need a GM's help PLZ! I'm trying to report a real life threat a younger guildie has said was made by her father, Who threatened to kill her apparently, And this isn't the first time she has said in guild chat he has hit her, and the GM ticket wait time says 5 days...This is unacceptable, A persons life is at risk here and I have to wait days to speak to someone!!!!!!!!!Smashadin35 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Authenticator issues I, like a fool, had to replace my phone but didn't remove my authenticator. So I filed a ticket to get it removed and am now waiting to hear back. So, my basic question is how long do you guys think it will take? I'm just a little worried about losing my stuff and am eagerly waiting to attach my new one. Thanks <----- The only good looking DwarfLoodgookin3 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Nightsaber cub issues I have a nightsaber cub tcg loot card, the code has too many numbers to fit on the item redemption. (not enough spaces in the boxes) It won't accept the code, it looks like other people have had problems with the codes.Tesselleta12 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Bags Can you please make more bag spaces in the character banks...7 isn't enough now that we have the pandaria expansion and the new recipes to learn and all the cooking ingredients we need to collect.Vikingmoon2 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Guild Dissapeared This is my bank toon. I mostly used this with my real life friends to store trade goods and we share materials. I was inactive for quite some time; however, my account was not. I came back and realized my entire bank was gone. None of my friend's accounts were compromised and we had no other members. Did something happen? Another friend also said his guild was gone as well.Billywitchdr4 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Arboretum Graveyard issue So I was doing dailies out at the Arboretum today and while dueling one of the npc's for a quest, I accidently clipped a nearby horde toon. I was already low from the quest mob and so the ensuing guards crushed me. It happens /shrug. What SHOULDN'T happen is a 20 minute walk back to my body since the spirit guide is atop a cliff in the middle of nowhere with no bridge/spirit flight/Act of God to get you back to the Arboretum. The closest path back up is all the way up at Sri-La Village. What is this? The Barrens 2.0?Iccaruss3 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 SOR..not qualified? My account has been inactive since the middle of LAST year, but after a guildies sent me a SOR (which i got in my email) it says my account is not eligible.... uhh help?Hehewuti22 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Multi-boxing. My and my raid group encountered a 5 character multi-boxer in Eye of the Storm tonight. He essentially won the game for the other team: He one-shotted anyone he came across and was virtually unbeatable. Nothing ruins a battleground like being victim to this sort of greifing. I reported all of his characters for cheating, however, several people in the group believed that this sort of unfair exploitation is 'legal' by Blizzards terms of service. I would like some insight on this issue, as to know whether or not I will be seeing this person around again. Thank you.Grazehorn75 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Account Wide Achievements, Mounts, and Pets If I delete a character that has certain achievements earned on it will my other characters who have it due to "Account Wide" not have it? Or are the Achievements, Mounts, and Pets permanent account-wide once they are learned or earned?Cons3 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Input lag - Stormrage - Townlong Steppes Confirmed with others in general, everyone is experiencing the same issue. Instant casts are taking 5-10 seconds.Etheriel0 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Renewing Sub Trying to renew subscription didn't really want to due to the balance issues now i'm trying to with a credit card and keeps saying zip code error or some bs.Cutekingx5 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Need Help from a kind soul I did a pretty stupid thing i was looking around online for time cards and found a good place to buy them however what i didnt check was the region lock and now having bought it dont know what to do with it its region locked for EU/UK and i have an Australian account. is there someone who has done something similar and would want to trade codes or is there a way i'd be able to get it changed or something so it doesn't go to waste???Galkurage3 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Cannot change raid to 25h Full guild group. Cleared 3/3h 25. raid lead for sure. It reverts to ten or ten h. repeatedly on us. We've cleared it, cleared people from it. disbanded raid. Soft reset. Done everything. Fix please.Dsc9 Oct 18, 2012