Technical Support

Nov 14, 2012 WoW Armory app I have a question. How come i can't browse or bid/buyout Battle pets on the Mobile Armory? when i search for all i get nothing, but when i log into the game at the same time i see some in the AH. This going to be addressed or will i not be able to buy battle pets from the mobile Armory AHMargerdria1 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Stuck at character Loading Screen Dear Blizzard, I have been having an ongoing issues where when i'm at the loading screen of may character it will only get to 90% then be disconnected. How when i was over in Sydney last week it was working find, and i'm using the same ISP now back in Perth can i not get connected? Please offer some help anyone? Thank youAevorva3 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Client repeating and not opening the game Please keep the steps really basic, im not so 'Computer Friendly'Flagcarrier5 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 continuous "Updating Setup Files" Worked this morning just fine before maint disconnected me. The blue bar hops around but always goes back to the spot after a second and no progress is actually made.Proaris4 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Wow Keeps Crashing No Error Code Hey Blizzard My wow keeps crashing but i am not getting error code. I tried deleting My WTF,Cache, And interface folder. This is what windows says. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BEX64 Application Name: Wow-64.exe Application Version: Application Timestamp: 50735f58 Fault Module Name: StackHash_b4ee Fault Module Version: Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Offset: 0000000000000000 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Data: 0000000000000008 OS Version: 6.1.7600. Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: b4ee Additional Information 2: b4ee5de6a2322745523997a782b35692 Additional Information 3: 277e Additional Information 4: 277e19c30fbd5f6bb531ec9e027c37c3 Help?Virtuesóng0 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Still can't use my G500(G series)mouse on WOW I have been trying to get some help from both Blizzard and Logitech on this issue for some time. I want to use the features of DX 11 in game, however with some patches the command line for my Logitech G 500 (G series) - yes it happened on another mouse in this series, so it's either a dll. being left out by blizzard in patch or a DX 11 authority issue from Logitechs side. However, this has been going on for some time (since DX 11 was introduced) and niether side like I said want to help move the issue forward. The drivers are up to date, as is the firmware. It's just frustrating whenever you go the reinstall the game (or update sometimes) and it goes back to DX 11 as the default and you have to search for the mouse cursor as this problem has not been fixed up. It is even more frustrating when you suggest 'you need to turn it back to DX9' (because of this issue) and before you can, as previously said, you have to play 'guess where the mouse cursor is' and whilst doing this, have to scroll through the TOS of service etc (if they are up after an update - they are there after an reinstall), and then get you mouse to the 'system button' and click it. Then you have to make the changes finally back to DX9, just so you can see your mouse on these screens + in game. So please fix this (other than just a simple workaround) so that the benefits of DX 11 can be used for all and this problem can be put to be after several years. Though if there is a workaround and if you can put it simple terms for the time being, it would be greatly appreciated (not only by me I gather).Lurvhandles4 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Toon specific lag When MoP dropped I decided to make my Dk my main. So a few weeks of nothing but DK play I decide it's time for another 90. I hop onto my shaman and have the damnedest lag. Sitting in SW running 10-13fps. So I hop back to the Dk and stand at the same mailbox in SW...45 fps. did this a few times and even restarted WoW a couple of times and nothing helps myh shaman lag. Then 2 days ago I log onto the pally for the first time since launch. Same thing, 12-15 fps in SW. When Most other toons are steady at 45-50. So this made me curious and I logged onto all my toons. It's just the pally and the shaman. I've done a lot of looking into this issue and anyone with a similiar issue never got a response/fix.Drakvlor5 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Frames are Slanted and Screwed Up Screwed up Dungeon Finder Pane: Some slanting of text also occurs, such as the text in the character pane, Attributes, Spell, Melee, etc: Originally I had thought an addon was causing this issue, but in the 2nd picture, the one of the slanted text, all addons were turned off. I'm guessing I have no choice but to wipe my wtf folder and cache? Something like that? I cut and pasted the wtf folder to my desktop and logged on. The issues were resolved, but I'm left with hours of addon configuration. Perhaps I can keep the saved variables folder? edit: went to desktop >wtf > account > account name > realm > character name i copied the character name folder and pasted it into the wow wtf folder. The issues are still resolved and some addons seem to be half-configured. edit 2: copied the saved variables folder from desktop >wtf > account > account name > saved variables and pasted it into the wow wtf folder. the text slanting issue is still resolved, but the skrewed up dungeon finder panel is back. Perhaps I can hunt down the culprit within the saved variables folder? edit 3: turned off all addons and logged on, the dungeon panel issue is resolved. i'll turn addons on and see if i can find the culprit. edit 4: FOUND IT :D turned out to be moveanything - mop fan update. /sigh edit 5: now the slanted text is back and i have gone through each and every addon again and this time with no luck. idk what is causing this issue... edit 6: i cut and pasted a lot of different folders out of the wow folders and kept logging in and out to narrow down a culprit. eventually, i had taken out every single folder in the wtf > account > account name area and was still have the issue. i went back a folder and checked out the config file that was in the account name folder. i opened that and also opened a config file that was new (logged on without a wtf folder entirely). i compared the two and found that the one with addons had 2 extra rows of text. one was "check addon version" and the other being "useuiscale." the one with addons had a useuiscale of 0.8 and a uiscale of 1. perhaps the scaling was causing the issue? I'm unsure at this moment. I logged back on with all addons, and the old wtf folder, with the "new" config file in the account name folder and dont seem to have the issue at the moment and it seems to be resolved. i will respond again if the issue comes back. edit 7: i logged on and the issue was resolved. i went to system > advanced > ui scale > and scrolled it down to about 0.8%. i exited the panel and opened up the character pane and the issue was back. it seems as though scaling the ui is what's causing this issue. edit 8: using MoveAnything, and moving the character pane slightly to the left or to the right fixes the slanting of the text... very strange....Nollie0 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Can't do raids because of bad computer What do I do? I can't get any good gear. Am I stuck in limbo, or are there alternatives?Sarenn28 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Unappreciated Customers Im not sure if you are aware of this blizzard, but your paying customers are very disgruntled and upset. I was reading a thread about how your technical support is always lying about maintenance time, and I couldn't read the rest of the thread because it was locked. The wait times on your phone lines are never available now. Tickets are never responded within your timeframe, and when you do respond it's when the player has gone offline. I really believe that your representatives do not know what is going on or how to answer half the time. If people call and say they wish to leave, you do not care. I found multiple sites on the internet with many complaints about this game. This is a real shame because you do have a great product here, but you need a great deal of improvement in customer and technical support department. Not to mention, "Foortwenty" is paladin in the realm Vashj-US, I don't know how many people have registered in game complaints about this guy. He has made some of the worst racist comments I've ever seen. Yet he's always back on within a few days. Here's a suggestion Blizzard when someone is given multiple complaints....BAN THE PLAYER, TAKE THE HIT ON 15 DOLLARS A MONTH, YOU DON'T CARE IF SOMEONE CALLS AND THREATENS TO LEAVE. I am posting this thread because it may not happen soon, but a time will come where you will lose good chunk of your customers (already happened once), and a real time competitor will steal your clients. I hope as a customer you will do something about your problems before it is too late. You will continue to make money and your customers will be happy. Im curious if this thread will be locked?Krazycobra27 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Tuesday Maintainence Ok so I'm kinda new to WOW so can somebody explain to me why they have to do this !@#$ every tuesday when it doesnt change anything at all?? they cant just do that little bit of whatever they are doing and let us log in at the same time? seems kinda stupid to me when 8 hours of maint. doesnt even make anything different Thanks, "Newb" or "noob" whatever u preferKarythar50 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Deleted Posted about Maintenance Did you ever notice that any posts about maintenance that are in a negative way towards the Blizzard programer, that they are deleted? Can't the little crybabies take a little heat when they are in the wrong? Also a little more gametime credited to your account should be done when this maintenance takes longer then postedKraggthegrim3 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 realms back up. ty blizzard realms up peoples :):)Oxanna0 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 unable to connect? I know the maintenance was extended by two hours. But I was able to log in. Now it is saying unable to connect. Anyone have any idea whats going on?ßowme150 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 What goes on during realm maintenance? what exactly does blizzard do during maintenance that it takes 6-8 hours? why do the realms have to go offline every week? it seems a bit ridiculous as idk of any other games that have a downtime every week.Allicila66 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 imagine if blizzard did their job? LOL... srs since we're gunna pull a long maintenance day, you guys might as well get investigating them PvP botters, i mean seriously.. how long are you guys gunna just sit there? send me an email, ill send you my paypal info you can toss me on the pay roll. firs thing imma do when you hire me is sit in trade chat and start kicking people "Not ban" who are doing those lame >>ANAL<< spam in trade chat.. then i would teleport "if i was a GM" and spectate some games, and BAN the BOTS and kick the afks.. this is how wow is imo hit 90 - do random battlegrounds for honor gear then do arenas THE ONLY PVP in the game "ARENAS" everything else is terrible... 10/10 games i have atleast 1-2 ppl afk, and 1 bot ATLEAST!!!!! seriously i wouldn't even do random battlegrounds/call to arms.. best way to get PVP HONOR?? YEP YOU GUESSED IT!! HEROIC DUNGEONS!!"BE TANK for instant queues - otherwise this doesn't work" since there is so many damn afkers, your chances of winning are very slim, you're better off queuing up for heroics and converting the honor.. yes 375:250.. and you STILL farm more honor than battlegrounds.. ill be expecting an email from you guys.. we can call it the revive of WoW.. blizzard we be serious dawg.Snorine0 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Maintenance has been extended by two hours.+2 Once again my day is drawn out waiting for a chance to play my game. Yes, Its just server maintenance but it sure is annoying to be told it will be up by 11PST and then having it prolonged week after week. Oh well, Tryed to make the title obvious so others would know that it has been extended and wont have to create a thread of their own... And begin ranting below: ***UPDATED*** To clean up confusion from other peoples posts on this thread, Nothing has changed! Like stated it will be up and running by 1pm PST which is 4pm for you eastern timed folks. Nothing has changed since I started this thread. If anything changes I will update you. UPDATED AT 12:50pm EST: "Maintenance has been extended until 3:00pm PST. Thanks again for your continued patience." Thats another 2 Hours from now. a total of 10 hours to do a server reset... Have fun folks. That burns my whole day before I have to go to work. Yippee.Recön206 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Music skipping I just recently got a new mobo/cpu and the onboard audio works fine for everything EXCEPT wow... The music in game has a frequent skip, and I'm not really sure how to fix this... any thoughts?Trickzy8 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Umm..? its 1:30 pm isnt it?Kríxus1 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 sweet sweet now i don't have time to do LFR/heroics before my raid and possibly get kicked out of my guild instead of 6 hours farming my trinkets(and other gear) to fix my bad dps, now i get to be undergeared in my guild raid.. WOOT!Snorine3 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Shaw Cable issues and wow there seems to be a problem with shaw cable and wow. been having latency and disconnection issues since last week. i've also talked to a few friends who use the same isp, they have had the same problems as well. everything else works fine. my internet phone called ooma telo has no issues on the connection. same with my ps3 and my skype calls. the only thing having problems is wow. and don't tell me its shaw cable. cause if i were to call them up, they will tell me its you, just like they always do. also i recently moved to a new house and bought shaw cable again. i was having these problems since before i moved. it started the day the raids came out. i moved on the Saturday after the raids came out. steps i have tried: clearing cache, tried different dns servers. have yet to try removing addons, but every player uses different addons, so this might not be it. when my latency spikes, a simple restart fixes it. oh and also everytime this problem crops up, my rep vender gear suddenly reverts back to the way it was before the hotfix. so maybe one your hotfixes caused this problem. been having the problems, all week, and i was just kicked from a raid finder run, because i was disconnected. any solutions would make my day.Malphite2 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Just wanna say that! It is quite sad that this game has ben out for how long and yet you guys cant even get your "OWN" game under control. Really depressing.Zeí0 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Cant login Says connecting then root cat 2316 For some reason I cannot log on. It just says connecting for like 30 sec then I get an error message saying unable to connect root category 2316. I obviously have internet bc I am posting this now. Can anyone please help me?Vinceros16 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Can't do Pandaria quests Hi, when i'm doing Pandaria quests I always get this: action bars dissapear, npcs dissapear and the map gets black.After a few seconds the game freeze and it stop's responding. How can i solve this problem?It happens in Pandaria, sometimes in Northrend and in some places when i go to them in first time. I've already tried to disable all addons, delete WTF, and Cache folders. here's a printscreen of the problem: Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Server down time I've unable to connect to my WoW account since.. Lets see... about 7pst.. I thought i could get back on at 11pst... Now its 1pst.... What next 7pst?Razgutt2 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 No WoW folder? My Brother recently uninstalled WoW from my computer, and when I redownloaded it, it won't let me log in because I have NONE of the folders, etc. for the game.Soulsplit2 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Don't tell us a time Please, don't give a time for maintenance anymore. Its like watching the weather channel every week. 80% chance its never going to happen the way they say.Irrelevant5 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 extended till 3 pm pacific 9 min ago Zarrgol Customer Service Maintenance has been extended until 3:00pm PST. Thanks again for your continued patience. #3 9 minutes agoScàrpetta11 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Another 2 hrs folks Well It's that time again... The dreaded Tuesday maintenance... I personally have a job when there is work to be done I have to go in early so it does not affect other people... Blizz at this point knows there are many bug problems with the current patch so why not buckle down go in a few hours early and knock it out? Just a thought....Rdhouse6 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 After log-in game and PC crash About 3 days ago when I would try to load the game from the launcher I got an error saying something to the effect of "Internal Error. If the problem persists contact customer suport". After some searches on google and these forums I found a suggestion / discusion topic that said some files may be missing from my game folder which seemed to be the case so I copied all of the files from my wife's computer and copied them into mine. This at least got me past that error. However, subsequent to that I now get as far as selecting a character and entering the game. However upon the game loading and within 5 seconds of it doing so, everything locks up - both the game and my PC. Nothing allows me to force close the program or get to the task manager and I have to do a hard reset. I am currently installing the game again based on another suggestion in these forums and got to the pont where I can try playing (about 30%). Same thing is happening so far. Any suggestions on what is wrong? I'll post again once the installer is complete but I don't expect anything different to happen. Thanks!Osyrus5 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 todays server maintenance i tried to get into wow today but it told me to download "the patch" i was like k? so i clicked download and now my wow news client thingy sais applying updates 0%, whats up blizz plz help.Imurholyhell6 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Getting disconnected before getting connected When I was playing, a message appeared in the chat panel. It says "You have been disconnected from" I expected this given that I had slow internet connection. I logged out to go to my other account. Then it said to try again later. When I improved my connection and now is fast, I still can't connect. I installed the registry editor as said in a forum (not reading that it's not for WoW --> stupid) So I deleted them from the registry editor as stated in the forum. When I attempt to log in, it says "connecting" then blinks for a fraction of a second then it says "You have been disconnected."Gromarrosh10 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Useless thread clearing suggestions we could probably cut the # of threads here in half at least if the following concepts were followed. 1. you should be thankful that blizzard takes time EVERY week to address issues 2. stop posting what 15 dollars x 3000 bazillion people comes to be every month is moronic. you have no concept of what that money goes towards. 3. stop posting that you want a refund or credit or something like that. 50 cents a day. do you really care that much? if you do, youre doing it wrong. 4. your tracert pastes mean almost nothing. stop.Stunfest0 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Maintenance Extended like a Ninja.. Surely I'm not the only one who noticed that the maintenance was initially scheduled for 5 A.M. PST - 11 A.M. PST. Now, it reads 5 A.M. PST - 1 P.M. PST, but there is no mention of the maintenance being extended for another two hours. Does Blizzard think we're all stupid? Or did someone in the office just screw up? Either way, Kudos! I hate Tuesdays..Sladverr18 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Extended Maintence!!!!!! Plz Read Listen kiddies adults teens, are you serious with all the whining about 2 hours of downtime? It comes with the Territory. Im sure blizzards works very hard to keep all thier customers happy. bottom line POOP HAPPENS that is all......Azzwhupper6 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Disconnecting... a lot. So... I've been really annoyed with all of the disconnecting thats been happening to me lately, and at first I thought it was my network, but I got a new router and everything and at five bars now, I'm starting to think the problem might be on WoW's side. The odd thing is, is that I'll be fine for days at a time, but then all of a sudden for one whole day it'll be unbearable. On these days the longest I can stay on is maybe 10 minutes, and it literally lasts all day. It seems to be fine the next day. Anyone know of anything I can try to resolve this? It's getting really, really annoying.Neiara6 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Technical question for the PC savy AMD Radeon HD 7640G - Will this run WoW on ultra settings smoothly? Trying to get a new laptop (yes, I know laptops suck for gaming but my situation requires one and it wasn't that bad back in the days I gamed on one anyways) within a budget. If I'm not mistaken, this is overkill for WoW right? Not sure if I'm right or wrong, that's why I'm asking here lol. Thanks in advance!Bràdly4 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 No P2P connectivity with the downloader. Torrents are working just fine though. Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Why have you done this? Blizzard your breaking of the game is unacceptable.Liushen2 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 New laptop I recently started college without world of warcraft. Soon after starting I realized i wanted to be able to play in my spare time. I have WoW on my home computer but not on my new laptop. I have downloaded the installer from but it keeps giving me error messages like "failed to download required file. please check your internet connection and try again". my internet connection is fine. Also "The data required to install this game could not be found. Please try again. If this error reoccurs try downloading world of warcraft as a digital download from" Is also a popular error message.Eaglelord4 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 per-pc keybindings? i have wow installed on both my laptop and desktop pc. i want the laptop to have different keybindings than the pc, but when i change them on the laptop, they change on the pc too. i assume the keybindings are stored on blizzards servers. is there any way to disable this so that when i change the keybindings it will not save them on the server? this is a bit frustrating. thanks!Allicila1 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Extended downtime reimbursement for customers Blizzard should reimburse players for all the downtime extensions. It seems like every week, sometmes several times a week, we have mysterious "Server restart" events, "Rolling restart" events (which often turn into an hour or so of all realms being non-functional), etc. Then it seems that almost every maintenance period we either get "We are doing extra testing" which can last for one, two or three hours or we get "stealth" events like today where maintenance is extended by two hours just by a change to the "Breaking News" box. Do Blizzard really think people won't notice a sly couple of hours being added yet again to the maintenance window? Add all this up and I would not be surprised to find that all customers are owed about one free day per month due, mainly, to Blizzard maintenance failures of one type or another.Lannadin16 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 What a bunch of whiners!!! Im sure blizz has a ton of extremely high paid computer programmers working on things. What, do u think they are just sitting around saying "Hey Joe u gonna get started on that realm maintenance?"Singlerod7 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Blizzard, your realm status page... Is at it again. It's showing about a battlegroup worth of realms as being up, when they're not. Admittedly this is better than last week, when it was 100% of the realms as being up. But you clearly have some sort of glitch with the realm status page. It doesn't bug me, since I know what Tuesday means, but I imagine some people might be trying to log into realms that aren't up.Arryk42 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Stuck on initializing... So for the past weeks before MoP my SC2 launcher was stuck on initializing. Bored of SC anyways I waited for MoP. Today I tried uninstalling it while waiting for the WoW servers to go up, and no luck again. Seems the problem carried over to my WoW launcher and now I'm stuck on initializing on both. Any help?Whoami0 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 And once again... I think its kinda pathetic that you guys cant seem to get your own game under control with the maitnence that constantly goes over normal scheduled hours. Really need to get your stuff situated before you post something and then extend it.Zeí0 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Did you guys move off of Linux/Unix? Several years ago I answered an add in a trade magazine and secured a phone interview with Blizzard. This was back before the buyout, so it's been a while. My skill set is specifically centered around *Nixes and that's what they were looking for, so I surmised that WoW ran on *Nix. I think the interview went pretty well, but I would not consider moving to Texas. So, that was the end of that. It seems like over time the expertise of the server team has... diminished. If you moved your servers to Windows, that would explain it. Just saying.Dimli0 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 DVD install crashes/hangs at 8.1% Trying to do a fresh install of WoW from the MoP DVDs, and after fixing the "updating setup files" hang issue (Secondary Logon), the install hangs or crashes at 8.1%. Windows is also a clean install, and setup is being run as administrator. I really don't feel like waiting to download 20 gigs and then patch...Neferati3 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 ... i think blizz should just add the 2 hours to maint every week instead of adding it after the initial time endsBaddiez2 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 13, 2012 Relm I am not able to find the relm I am in when I log in.Justelia5 Nov 13, 2012