Mac Technical Support

Apr 23, 2012 The Razorfen Blackout Hello, awhile back you asked for a screenshot or descriptions of what was going on with the Razorfen blackouts. I thought it might help a little more if you actually saw what was going on, so here's 7 minutes of Razorfen with the lights out. I'm pretty sure I had all the sounds on as well, but I don't remember if there is any music in there, but as you can tell, it wasn't playing either. The hearth out at the end shows you that everything returns to normal once out of Razorfen. http://youtu.be/hCEoa3kOWsk System Info: Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook2,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 2 L2 Cache: 4 MB Memory: 2 GB Bus Speed: 667 MHz Graphics: Intel GMA 950 64 MB System Version: Mac OS X 10.7.3 (11D50) Kernel Version: Darwin 11.3.0 Boot Volume: Type 40 P2 Boot Mode: NormalBlackangus0 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 MOP Beta question. Hello fellow players, I am currently wondering if anyone's gotten the MOP beta to work on 10.5.8 My Mac Pro with 10.7.3 is currently a no work due to a bad graphics card which I want to upgrade as soon as possible so I can play Diablo 3 and WoW on a better resolution. I tried installing D3 and I got some error, I did a little searching and realized D3 is not supporting 10.5.x. Any input will be gladly appreciated! :)Zifoxx4 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 MoP beta can't log in I've downloaded the beta, and when I put in my log in info it tells me I don't have the game attached to my account or that I'm trying to log in to a region other then where it was created. What do I do??Rinnok1 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Error MoP beta "Updating Setup Files..." iMac Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 (11D50b) Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 Installing the client for MOPbeta and is kinda stuck at updating setup files it stop about the middle not progressing at all i have run the download twice and no thing have change. I am guessing is a error, but nothing has yet pop up.Megamîlk1 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 WoW Cata Mouse install? I purchased a mouse about four months ago and have recently moved since then. unfortunately I lost the install disc for the mouse program and have found what I thought to be the program online and installed it but it doest work properly. I am using the Mouse with an in game add-on called clique, and my mouse buttons are registering as keyboard keys even though they aren't assigned. I was Wondering if there was a correct blizzard link for the correct mouse program that is downloadable to IMAC?Rashikia1 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Black out since 4.3.4 Since last patch update every time i'm on full-screen mode and try to change into windowed mode the WoW client blacks out and my wallpaper in the background starts flashing erroneously and both the upper bar and dock wont appear until i click the wallpaper. Once i do that, i can switch to other applications and wallpaper stops flashing but WoW client remains black. If i go back to the WoW client and attempt to set it back to full-screen (CMD+M) the whole screen goes black and my computer accepts no commands (not even CMD+OPT+ESC) and while i can still hear the game sounds happening normal or even friends speaking on Skype or Vent, i have to hard reset the Mac by button. It also happens after a while of setting it to windowed mode, Mac stops accepting anything but screen wont black out. The only workaround i've found is to open client and switching back and forth into windowed mode BEFORE logging in (since it happens also in the character selection screen). I just wait a bit for screen to appear and then i can go back into full-screen mode and switch normally while playing. Got a few addons installed but enabling/disabling them changes nothing. Hadn't delete cache or WTF folders yet (don't really wanna fall to delete WTF :S). Any idea why is this happening and how to fix it? ...or am i alone in this? Info: Mac OS X "Snow Leopard" 10.6.8 Late '08 MacBook 13" with 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 4 GB DDR3 WoW 4.3.4 (and latest MoP beta build which gives no problems other than normal in-game beta bugs)Vindor1 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Migration Assistant Opinions EDIT: If you want the answers to my questions, pop over to the MacRumors forums. Looks like I'm doing migration assistant! Hey all, So I'm rocking a late-2008 (first gen) unibody MacBook Pro which I purchased in November of 2008. 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo NVIDIA 9600M GT 512MB chip/9400M 256MB chip 320GB Harddrive I used migration assistant to take my data from my Tiger install over to the Leopard OS on this new system. So essentially, this computer has been migrated from Tiger -> Leopard -> Snow Leopard -> Lion. I've really had no true performance impacts or any real problems with this machine. That being said, I'm considering upgrading to the new MacBook Pros (When they launch) and was wondering if anybody can give their opinion on me continuing my migration assistant path, or should I fresh install (and do a selective restore). Will the new machine still be quick and responsive with a migration assistant path? (Nothing starts at startup, and almost no third party extensions have been installed). Does anyone have a true reason why a fresh install would be beneficial to me? tl;dr: Should I do a fresh install, or migration assistant from the old machine? Thanks!Anzio0 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Unofficial 4.2.1.2736 TOOLS patch mirror 4.2.1.2736 Tools patch REALLY LARGE DISCLAIMER OF PLEASE READ THIS : This is not a 4.3.3 patch mirror. This is a mirror of the tools patch update that appears when the blue bar goes across the launcher. THIS IS NOT A 4.3.3 PATCH MIRROR. Move along :) Again. This is a Tools patch mirror. IT IS NOT A 4.3.3 PATCH MIRROR Only install this if you're having issues updating the tools or if directed to by a tech support regular. Disclaimer This mirror is an unofficial mirror for the enUS 2736 tools patch only. It is for use for only the Mac OS X players of wow. Windows users please see the other tech support forums for theirs . These mirrors are intended to be used for players on the US realms. I provide no guarantee this will work for the EU realms. They may still work but it is entirely up to your own risk to try them on the EU realms. European players please see their forums as well (eu.battle.net forums) Mirrors : Mirrors #1 A zip file of the changed application tools programs http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7617660/4.2.1.2736-enUS%20Tools-Unofficial.zip If the dropbox link above doesn't resolve for you replace the "dl.dropbox.com" with one of the IP addresses from this file : https://docs.google.com/View?docID=ddqr8xqq_285c4kdz5g8&revision=_latest&hgd=1 Mirrors #2 A zip file of blizzard's tools patcher program http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7617660/4.2.1.2736-enUS%20Tools-Official%20Installer.zip If the dropbox link above doesn't resolve for you replace the "dl.dropbox.com" with one of the IP addresses from this file : https://docs.google.com/View?docID=ddqr8xqq_285c4kdz5g8&revision=_latest&hgd=1 Instructions on how to use are in both zips.Bluspacecow9 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 WoW Launcher Problems So I have a macbook pro 2008. I decided to install WoW on it, and since I have lost my WoW CD's, I go to battle.net to download the full game client! ( I have up to Cataclysm) So everything seems to be going a-ok, but (because theres always updates for WoW) I'm stuck with the Launcher on v4.3.4.15595; every time I launch WoW I lose connection to my wi-fi. I wouldn't think my internet is too slow simply because I can connect my Xbox to my Wifi and play with no internet connection problems whatsoever. I ONLY lose connection when I launch WoW. So… I have no idea what to do. I've uninstalled WoW and installed it again, and the same problem comes up. I even launched the repair tool and still it loses connection. the download bar is at yellow though, so I thought I can click the play button and get on the WoW screen, right? But then a pop-up comes up saying this; "cannot stream required archive data. please check internet connection" . Like i said before, I tried re-installing WoW, tried the repair tool AND looked at other forums hoping someone had the same problem. Please Please PLEASE help.Maventhis1 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Performance issues on Mac Hello. When I run this game on Mac, I have to cap the graphics at 30 FPS with everything on low except for view distance (fair) and particle density (high). Also, even though my connection almost always displays at 40-80ms latency, I usually have about a 150-200ms latency when I cast a spell. When I boot into Windows on the same computer, I can run it smoothly at 60 FPS with everything on fair, with Texture Resolution on Ultra. AND the time it takes before a spell starts casting is more on-par with my actual latency (<100ms, always). I'm really confused as to why there would be so much difference when the hardware and network is exactly the same. Is WoW not optimized as well for Mac, is it impossible for it to be optimized as well, are there some settings on Mac side I should tweak to try to increase the performance? Thanks for any help :s PS - This is slightly unrelated but I cannot post threads on WoW forums when on Windows. Any time I try it says internal server error (error 500 or something). WoW works better on PC but the forums work better on mac XDRelent2 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 Two mouse cursors Ok, so today (4/17/12) when i logged on i had 2 cursors, the normal one and a mirrored one that was above it, when i move the mouse down that one goes up, etc.etc. it doesn't do anything, won't click or do anything just confusing. Ive saw 2 other posts about this and both users were on Macs, as am i, but still don't know how to fix this. This only happened after todays update on the wow launcher and in-game tickets are like 5 days wait time so if anyone can help me with a non-complicated solution, please do, thanks! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254463476?page=1#4 ^ found this but can't find where he posted any answersRahian2 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 All Beta Realms are Red Hello. I was chosen to participate in the beta via Annual Pass during this latest wave. However, when I try to log on to the Beta, all 4 realms are red, and when I try to enter them it just thinks for a bit, then goes back to the 4 realms as if nothing's happened. Yes, I am selecting WoW2, and I'm 100% sure I'm talking about the Beta realms. It's been like this for the past 2 days or so, please help!Sönicbréak1 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 A lag thread - but a different kind of lag? I've posted on another thread with no response, but I'm not sure if the issue that I'm having is the same as everyone else's. The issue that I'm having is with a delay/lag of mouse interacting with things. Using the keyboard prompts a quick response in changing characters (up and down arrows), moving around on foot or while mounted, chat windows (sending and receiving) and using keybindings (tab to select targets and other keys to use spells and such). The world seems to be appearing about as quickly as I normally see (I went around Borean Tundra killing critters to test things out, and I did not have to wait ages to see the critters appear). What I AM seeing is that to use my mouse is taking 5-10 seconds for the system to recognize what I am trying to interact with, like selecting a character with my mouse, talking to an auctioneer, interacting with items in my bags, interacting with the auction house display, trying to click on a mob, or trying to click on a spell on a toolbar (regardless of if there is a keybinding for it already). I am having this trouble with my Logitech mouse, my Apple mouse and my Apple trackpad. I am also having this problem on both 32-bit and 64-bit clients. I'm playing on a 2011, 21" iMac, with 12 Gigs of Ram. I can post specs if you want them (might need instructions). :) This issue started for me in mid-session starting around 10 or 10:30 EST (I live in Virginia, play on Argent Dawn - US) and I've had the issue continually since then. I have not tried disabling mods because I'm having the issue before I even load up a character. Here is my latency, but I'm not sure that this is a latency issue as the world appears as quickly as normal and keyboard actions have a good response time. I see the spike going to the ATT network. traceroute to 12.129.206.130 (12.129.206.130), 64 hops max, 72 byte packets 1 wireless_broadband_router (192.168.1.1) 2.710 ms 1.460 ms 1.336 ms 2 l100.washdc-vfttp-107.verizon-gni.net (96.241.146.1) 32.694 ms 9.839 ms 7.520 ms 3 g0-6-0-7.washdc-lcr-22.verizon-gni.net (130.81.187.32) 7.874 ms 9.710 ms 7.126 ms 4 so-3-1-0-0.res-bb-rtr2.verizon-gni.net (130.81.151.232) 77.223 ms 61.892 ms 7.021 ms 5 0.ae2.br1.iad8.alter.net (152.63.32.158) 10.530 ms 10.014 ms 69.591 ms 6 192.205.36.141 (192.205.36.141) 14.275 ms 14.180 ms 12.609 ms 7 cr2.wswdc.ip.att.net (12.122.81.250) 85.792 ms 92.303 ms 87.726 ms 8 cr1.cgcil.ip.att.net (12.122.18.21) 85.372 ms 85.892 ms 84.379 ms 9 cr2.dvmco.ip.att.net (12.122.31.85) 88.305 ms 85.557 ms 85.982 ms 10 cr1.slkut.ip.att.net (12.122.30.25) 89.253 ms 86.896 ms 85.002 ms 11 cr2.la2ca.ip.att.net (12.122.30.30) 85.974 ms 87.141 ms 90.166 ms 12 gar29.la2ca.ip.att.net (12.122.129.241) 82.076 ms 83.733 ms 106.102 ms 13 12-122-254-238.attens.net (12.122.254.238) 87.268 ms 83.841 ms 12-122-254-234.attens.net (12.122.254.234) 85.228 ms 14 mdf001c7613r0004-gig-10-1.lax1.attens.net (12.129.193.250) 85.029 ms 84.254 ms 85.023 ms 15 12.129.206.130 (12.129.206.130) 87.211 ms !X * 90.782 ms !X What other information do you need from me?Elysoun2 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 Blizzard Updater failed with an internal..... Every time I try to update my game, I get to about 10% or so, then I get an error message from the Launcher that says " Blizzard Updater failed with an internal error. Please contact Blizzard technical support. " Does anyone have a fix for this? Or any information at all? I've searched through the forums, but no one seems to be addressing the issue specifically.Gifted18 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 WoW Disconnects from the internet then freeze Hey everyone. I have an iMac, Mac OSX 10.7.3 2.7Ghz processor 4GB memory AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB Graphics card The game seems to run fine, but if I go idle for approximately 5 minutes, the game will disconnect from the internet and then when I try to log off or exit, the game freezes and I am forced to force shut down my computer. This happened yesterday, and then this morning the same problem occurred but it disconnected when I was in the middle of combat. There is no error log. Any help would be much appreciated, thanksEloar0 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 Dressing Room - CMD Work-Around Discovered As we all know, using command to access the dressing room does not work. If you hold left click, then press command, then release all, you are able to view items in the dressing room. Happy dressup!Marigen3 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 10.6.8 is now free for mobileme users Hey there Mac Community! Just wanted to pass on a notice to the community about a recent news update from Apple. If you are on Mac OS X Leopard (10.5.x), and are still a MobileMe account holder, you are eligible to upgrade to 10.6.8 at no charge. The big benefit here is that you also get newer drivers, make your computer run smoother with newer updates, and all that jazz. To learn more about this, check out this news post here. Enjoy! ________________________________________________ Mac Tech Support for Baaaaahlizzard Entertainment | Sun-Thur I'm not big on boasting, but you might have to take a victory lap.Machkhan2 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 19, 2012 Mouse Mac Help So I tried installing WoW on my macbook air and ran into all sorts of issues with the downloader and tried a bunch of fixes and nothing helped so I went ahead with my Parallels and installed in Windows. Everything working dandy, little bit of lag but I think thats because I had the background down loader at full speeds going well in Org XD! Anyways my main issue right now is that my trackpad and/or mouse ( standard 2 button dell/ scroll wheel mouse) seems to have issues with normal mouse commands like I try to move the camera with right click and most of the time it just zooms way up and over my head so I cant see in front and just straight down. It was really annoying trying to move around a little bit and boom overhead shot of myself lol. Also Mouse is a bit laggy as well. As said could be the downloader issue and ill run it again here soon and let you know if the fluid of the mouse is smoother. But mostly just want to get that mouse problem fixed so I can walk around :D! Thanks!Whoareyou4 Apr 19, 2012
Apr 19, 2012 Patch download time :( so i just got a mac (macbook pro) a couple days ago as a gift, probably not the best computer for games (so i heard0 but its definitely better the=an the previous pc that id had been on. i downloaded the game client from the sight and that went pretty smooth and fast but now as i am waiting for patch 4.3.3 to 4.3.4 as the launcher says the times now at which it is running is moving Extremeley slow and in the background downloader it even states 1.24gb of 9.31 gb about 112 and 140 hours. Theres nothing wrong with my internet connection and ive tried both a wired and wireless connection with no success of a faster download. Do i have to just wait it out or is there any other solutions??? UPDATE: After letting downloader sit there awhile untouched as i posted this tim went to about 7 hours. which is still long but reasonable and waitable so ill get back to you guys if it works or notMasaru2 Apr 19, 2012
Apr 19, 2012 Can't Download Patch So, I'm having trouble downloading the latest patch. Whenever I click on the game client, it takes me to the launch page. The play button's greyed out, and nothing's being downloaded. Odd thing as well, I can't x out of the launch page. I have to ctrl/alt/delete (Well, Mac version of ctrl/alt/delete) every time I open it. I've tried using the Patch updater, and it says there's no patch file available. I tried the background downloader next, but it tells me I have an invalid torrent file. I downloaded the past two previous patch updates without any issue, so I don't know how this went wrong. I did have similar trouble with the 4.3 patch, but that was due to my college's less than stellar wifi. For this, I've gone to two different networks at school and at a friend's house. And if I need to remove a torrent file, I don't know where to go for that. Sorry for the ignorance on my part, I'm not particularly tech savvy. Hardware overview: Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook5,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache: 3 MB Memory: 2 GB Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz Boot ROM Version: MB51.007D.B03 SMC Version (system): 1.32f8 Serial Number (system): W89030U91B0 Hardware UUID: 944DF1AF-5B03-5BE8-A063-162228CBE77A NVIDIA GeForce 9400M: Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M Type: GPU Bus: PCI VRAM (Total): 256 MB Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de) Device ID: 0x0863 Revision ID: 0x00b1 ROM Revision: 3385 Displays: Color LCD: Resolution: 1280 x 800 Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888) Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Built-In: YesOgyges1 Apr 19, 2012
Apr 19, 2012 Blizzard Updater Failed Saw this issue pop up a few times but had not seen a resolution yet. The last post I saw said to post each case individually, so here's mine to add to the list. I cannot use the launcher or this error comes up. If i just open the game file, wow seems to load fine, although loading into the game seems to be taking exponentially longer now too. Not sure if thats related. All of this since the last patch/hotfix.Hardware Overview: Model Name: iMac Model Identifier: iMac12,2 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 4 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 8 MB Memory: 16 GB Boot ROM Version: IM121.0047.B1F SMC Version (system): 1.72f5 Serial Number (system): Hardware UUID: FDB63367-CF2B-5D22-A500-A9062EAA3499 AMD Radeon HD 6970M: Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6970M Type: GPU Bus: PCIe PCIe Lane Width: x16 VRAM (Total): 2048 MB Vendor: ATI (0x1002) Device ID: 0x6720 Revision ID: 0x0000 ROM Revision: 113-C2960K-205 EFI Driver Version: 01.00.577 Displays: iMac: Resolution: 2560 x 1440 Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888) Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Built-In: Yes Connection Type: DisplayPort System Software Overview: System Version: Mac OS X 10.7.3 (11D50b) Kernel Version: Darwin 11.3.0 Boot Volume: Macintosh HD Boot Mode: Normal Computer Name: User Name: Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled 64-bit Kernel and Extensions: Yes Time since boot: 5 days 11:11Euin2 Apr 19, 2012
Apr 19, 2012 hey guys could use some help Hey guys, I currently run wow on my mac, but use my monitor when i play. I put my monitor as my main screen and my mac goes black. I was wondering if there was any way to get my laptop to not go black so I can move freely between the two screens while I play? Have facebook or google up to search questions and such. I dont have two accounts so i cant play two toons at the same time or whatever it is called, tend to think thats kinda stupid anyways. thanks!Madrik4 Apr 19, 2012
Apr 19, 2012 High latency since 4.3.4 Hey all, I'm not really sure why this has started, but ever since I downloaded 4.3.4 I have been experience extremely high world latency (in the range of 2500-3000ms). It gets to the point where I can move but am unable to cast, and all players around me stop moving, and also, chat (ex: /2 trade) will no longer work. I've tried doing all troubleshooting suggestions I've seen. I'm running x64, but have tried x86. Deleting Interface and WTF folders made no difference either. Resetting cache had no effect. Here's my info: -mid 2010 13" Macbook Pro (with the 320m nvidia chip) -Mac OS X 10.7.3 -I use a linksys E3200 router, with Vianet Internet systems (Sudbury, ON). -The advertised speed is 15 Mbps, but I'm only getting 7-8 Mbps. -I play on Darkspear only. And as far as I know, no other computers in my apartment are -experiencing this problem. Here's my traceroute: ... This is all I can do I think from the "Are you lagging" sticky. Thanks for your help. KareemxKareemx4 Apr 19, 2012
Apr 19, 2012 Unofficial 4.3.4 patch mirror/workaround Disclaimer: This method is use at your own risk. Be sure to take a back up copy of the wow folder first. While our Zombie sheep is hard at work at getting an official mirror up here's a workaround that *should* work. Bear in mind this comes completely untested by me , is not supported by Blizzard and is at your own risk. But it has worked for ... 3 people at least :P 0) Make sure you are not running any Blizzard programs. Restart if this makes thing easier for you. 1) First go here and grab the .mfil & .tfil file : http://patchup.info/tfil/NA/ 2) Unzip both and put them in the wow folder replacing what's there. They should be named wow.mfil & wow.tfil for the MFIL and TFIL files respectively. 3) Download the following : http://ak.worldofwarcraft.com.edgesuite.net/wow-pod-retail/NA/15050.direct/Data/enUS/wow-update-enUS-15595.MPQ http://ak.worldofwarcraft.com.edgesuite.net/wow-pod-retail/NA/15050.direct/Data/wow-update-base-15595.MPQ 4) Put the 2 MPQ files from Step 3 in the Data folder of your wow folder (usually at Applications -> World of Warcraft -> Data) 5) Download this : http://attdist.blizzard.com/wow-pod-retail/NA/15050.direct/Updates/wow-0-15595-OSX-final.MPQ 6) Rename it from wow-0-15595-OSX-final.MPQ to wow-patch.MPQ 7) Move wow-patch.mpq into the main wow folder 8) Delete the 64 bit client in the main wow folder if you have it installed. A new version of it should be up soon. 9) Run the Blizzard Updater in the main wow folder.Bluspacecow0 Apr 19, 2012
Apr 19, 2012 [Mac] WoW 64-bit Client Known Issues Hello Mac Community, In order to better organize and manage threads about the Mac 64 bit client, we created a thread dedicated the discussion of known issues for the Mac World of Warcraft 64-bit client. We'll regularly update this thread with a known issues list, and you can feel free to discuss the known issues in this thread. Mac Specific Known Issues [Mac] The 64-bit Mac client does not currently support the in-game movie recording functionality. [Mac] The 64-bit Mac client iTunes' Remote feature does not work at the present time. [Mac] The 64-bit Mac client does not currently support the customized LCD display for the Logitech G15 series of keyboards. [Mac] The 64-bit Mac client is currently not supported on 10.5 systems. You will need 10.6.8 or later for this version. [Mac] Cinematics are not playing in the 64-bit Client. [Mac] The LCD applet for the G19/G15 does not launch with the 64-bit client. Cross Platform Known Issues The game’s built in voice chat does not currently work when using the 64-bit client. Please feel free to discuss known issues here on this thread. If you do not see your issue/bug in this list, please report it to the appropiate thread: [Mac] WoW 64-bit Client Bug Reporting Bugs you encounter during gameplay using the 64-bit client[Mac] WoW 64-bit Performance Feedback Performance feedback reports, such as low frames per second (FPS), freezing, stuttering and etc. Thanks in advance for helping make this a better Mac experience. ________________________________________________ Mac Tech Support for Baaaaahlizzard Entertainment Not finding what you need here? Contact a rep direct! http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact Pfft! Secret doors, who needs 'em? What do I care about secret doors?... and the unparalleled delights they keep hidden from the world! Machkhan6 Apr 19, 2012
Apr 19, 2012 World of Warcraft-64.app I can't find this file. I want to delete it but can't find it under World of Warcraft Mac App. Any tips?Saiaf5 Apr 19, 2012
Apr 19, 2012 Crashing on Spine of Deathwing! Howdy. I've been experiencing a full game crash each time the Spine of Deathwing encounter beings. The screen briefly freezes as if to load the cinematic and immediately crashes to desktop. This happens with 100% frequency, across all characters, and with/without addons enabled. I found some threads stating that removing the Cinematics folder eliminates the issue (giving an error message rather than a crash), but it was not helpful in my situation; I still get the freeze/crash behavior. I tried various methods of removal ... remove folder before loading game, remove folder after loading game, remove specific cinematic files only, etc... but still just get the freeze/crash result. This issue is extremely frustrating and is having a serious impact on my gaming experience (especially since most of the time I'm filling a tank/healer spot). Any help would be greatly appreciated!Cattia15 Apr 19, 2012
Apr 19, 2012 Frozen WoW Launcher Upon attempting to start the game the launcher opens and then freezes completely. I have to force quit it every time I attempt to open it. I have not patched yet today. Any suggestions as to how to get past this? This post fixed my issue http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4489049348?page=1#12 Zoomkin24 Apr 19, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 Patch Day Reminder for 64-bit Client Uesrs This is just a quick reminder that we do have a patch today (very small, likely just minor tooltip fixes/bug fixes), but for those of you using the 64-bit client, you must move the 64-bit client out of the World of Warcraft folder before running the Launcher or else the Launcher will fail with an internal error. The reason I'm posting this for you all is because I accidentally forgot to move the 64-bit client out of the WoW folder before running Launcher, and that's always a bad idea on Tuesdays. So make sure you remove the 64-bit client from the folder. You may as well trash it since it can no longer be used, seeing as it is a build behind now. Wait for the thread listed below to be updated with the current download link for both the Windows and OS X 64-bit clients: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3988300405 And as always, please make sure to back up your /AddOns and /WTF folders prior to patching so you can more easily rebuild your configuration settings should things go south on you.Tiapriestess10 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 Support Fix not applicable I have also been having the problem where it stays at 0% on the launcher and then shows "blizzard updater failed with an internal error. please contact blizzard tech support". So i ready up on Blizzard's support posts saying to delete the following files based on OS. I run a mac and went to delete "World of Warcraft-64.app" but could not find that fine anywhere in my folders. Yet I still get the same error message. Now what?Anyå23 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 Random disconnect issues I have been constantly disconnecting for a good while now (since around patch 4.2 or so, everything was rock-solid before that)… randomly every few hours, any time of day or night. I got frustrated and stopped playing for a month or so since I could not reliably raid, but I would like to be able to play again since I have had virtually NO issues at all with my connection dropping in the years that I have been playing, and I was hoping that interim patches would have fixed the anomalies. I am somewhat IT savvy and comfortable around Mac troubleshooting and a unix terminal, so I have tried everything I can think of. Symptoms: --There is no pattern, rhyme or reason to the disconnects and it happens very suddenly (no running in place/etc) during the disconnect, everything else on the system works fine (itunes or ventrillo etc.). It has happened in just about every circumstance… sitting idle in town, in LFR raids, in regular 10-man raids, in instances, while ghostcrawling back to my corpse, at the auction house, flying around farming, etc etc etc. System details Model Identifier: iMac7,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache: 4 MB Memory: 4 GB Bus Speed: 800 MHz ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro: Chipset Model: ATI,RadeonHD2600 Type: GPU Bus: PCIe PCIe Lane Width: x16 VRAM (Total): 256 MB System Software Overview: System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549) ______________________ ISP - Comcast cable Country - usa Modem (and firmware version if known) - Sci Atlanta/Cisco DPC2100R2 v2.1 hardware / dpc2100R2-v2.0.2r1256-100817as software Router (and firmware version if known) – linksys wrt120n Network device (Driver version if available) - Marvell Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8055 Singleport Copper SA (stock iMac stuff) Type of connection used (Wireless / USB / Ethernet) - Ethernet Operating System - Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549) Security Software installed (Firewall, Anti-Virus) – none Traceroute to your realm – 1 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1) 1.367 ms 0.161 ms 0.104 ms 2 c-71-224-254-1.hsd1.pa.comcast.net (71.224.254.1) 41.259 ms 23.384 ms 29.741 ms 3 xe-10-1-0-0-sur01.columbusblvd.pa.panjde.comcast.net (68.85.78.137) 8.610 ms 8.764 ms 11.926 ms 4 xe-3-1-3-0-ar03.newcastle.de.panjde.comcast.net (69.139.192.153) 10.473 ms 12.575 ms 12.661 ms 5 pos-5-13-0-0-cr01.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net (68.86.95.141) 15.659 ms 14.058 ms 15.879 ms 6 pos-0-2-0-0-pe01.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net (68.86.86.70) 18.718 ms 16.695 ms 16.422 ms 7 192.205.37.41 (192.205.37.41) 17.841 ms 15.726 ms 16.424 ms 8 cr1.wswdc.ip.att.net (12.122.113.42) 85.627 ms 118.593 ms 85.026 ms 9 cr2.sl9mo.ip.att.net (12.122.18.29) 81.994 ms 85.212 ms 83.048 ms 10 cr2.kc9mo.ip.att.net (12.122.28.89) 86.658 ms 85.197 ms 83.182 ms 11 cr1.dlstx.ip.att.net (12.122.28.85) 81.985 ms 83.040 ms 84.816 ms 12 cr1.phmaz.ip.att.net (12.122.28.182) 110.196 ms 84.051 ms 83.856 ms 13 cr1.phmaz.ip.att.net (12.123.206.185) 81.411 ms 83.535 ms 79.310 ms 14 12-122-254-50.attens.net (12.122.254.50) 79.995 ms 81.199 ms 81.597 ms 15 mdf002c7613r0002-gig-10-1.phx1.attens.net (63.241.130.206) 81.568 ms mdf002c7613r0001-gig-12-1.phx1.attens.net (63.241.130.210) 81.267 ms mdf002c7613r0002-gig-10-1.phx1.attens.net (63.241.130.206) 84.063 ms 16 * * * etc etc _____________________________ Modem stats RPL - 9.0 dBmV SnR - 39.1 dB TPL - 45.9dBmV ____________________________ Nothing recent in /Applications/World of Warcraft/Errors LOGS: (several instances of this identical right after a disconnect… nothing too helpful) GLUEXML 4/5 08:32:53.327 ** Loading table of contents Interface\GlueXML\GlueXML.toc 4/5 08:32:53.327 ++ Loading file Interface\GlueXML\StarterEditionPopUp.xml 4/5 08:32:53.327 Error loading Interface\GlueXML\StarterEditionPopUp.lua Connection 4/5 08:32:53.347 Client initiated Disconnect from 12.129.206.130 4/5 08:32:53.364 GRUNT: state: LOGIN_STATE_DISCONNECTED result: LOGIN_OK 4/5 08:32:53.364 Login program=WoW platform=Mac locale=enUS 4/5 08:32:53.364 Component WoW.Mac.15354 4/5 08:32:53.364 Component WoW.base.15354 4/5 08:32:53.364 Component WoW.enUS.15354 4/5 08:32:53.364 Component WoW.enUS.15354 4/5 08:32:53.364 Component Tool.Mac.2730 ------- Other things I have tried: reinstalled WoW reinstalled OSX deleted wtf and cache multiple times tried repair tool Flushed DNS Renew DHCP lease various computer and router MTU sizes from 1350 - 1500 firewall up and down on both router and OSX static address with ports forwarded with and without router QoS on WoW/B.net ports tried different characters on different realms tried windowed and full screen tried capping FPS at 30 tried various graphic settings tried to recreate crash running applications in the background and not tried everything without addons scoured the OSX console logs for any other abnormalities or errors (found none at all) etc etc etc ____________________Lysimache4 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 Downloader not connecting So, the other day I decided to run permission repairs on my Macbook Pro running Lion (10.7.3). After doing so, my launcher no longer works. I have checked the permissions on the World of Warcraft folder and it is set to read-write and I have deleted the folders in my Shared section. The launcher comes up and displays all the news, but the play button stays grey and it eventually tells me it can't connect. I tried repairing permissions again, but nothing happened. Anyone with any idea?Slobbering3 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 Mac 4.3.4 patch mirror I have been trying to find a patch mirror for the mac version of 4.3.4, is there one up yet?Dkthunder3 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 [BETA] Updating Setup Files Hey Blizz, I'm unable to post in the beta forum, as i do not have a beta account. I'm a Apple technician and i've seen a few customers over the past few days where there beta game client is stuck on "Updating Setup Files" Many of the forum posts direct you to /Users/shared/, to delete the battle.net folder In my experience this does not resolve the issue Have your users go to /Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences/ and remove any .plist file that contains "com.blizzard.??????????.plist" If they are running Lion, the user library is hidden. In the "go" menu, while holding the 'option' key, select 'Library' Then go to your "World of Warcraft Beta" and launch "World of Warcraft Beta Launcher" CheersOliivya11 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 problem with 4/17 patch -not 64-bit I am not running the 64 bit version on my imac but am getting repeated Updater failed with internal error message have ticket open and have done all the steps the tech asked for Still no luck and am now on phone on hold again trying to get help This lack of timely customer service really needs to be addressed the update process is obviouslt flawed for the Mac side as my bro downloaded today's patch in under 10 min and i have been doing this dance for 3 hrs now Somebody helpCanrith7 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 "Downloading updated tools..." ---Resolved ----RESOLVED---- See bottom if you had the same issue. When I loaded WoW for the first time in a couple days, today, it brought up the launcher and started this message, along with a blue bar at about 2 inches across. It hasn't moved. I've tried restarting the launcher, no change. Looking into activity monitor shows that nothing is being downloaded, and nothing is being read or written to the hard drive. "Blizzard Dowloader" however, is taking up about 50% of the CPU usage. The window is not frozen either, as I can click on news links and stuff on the launcher window. What do? EDIT: Another thing, if I close down the launcher, the blizzard downloader is still running and using up the CPU. ---Resolved this issue by deleting the contents of the temp folder and then restarting the launcher.---Zaphaela0 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 Updater failed with internal error I get the message Blizzard updater failed with an internal error. Please contact Blizzard technical support. Its happening at 0% on the applying updates part. I have tried running a repair, and restarting my computer nothing has helped so far. Any help would be appreciated.Pashå9 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 Mac 64-bit client and 4.3.4 ? Do we need to delete 64 bit client before patching? I got some error with 64-bit client still in folder.Swaminarayan2 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 A Day of Thanks For The Mac Community So I'm sitting here reading the forums, off work, waiting for the servers to come back up, and I started reminiscing about all the years many of us forum regulars have been here, helping to troubleshoot issues on the Mac. And I just thought it'd be nice to pay homage to those of Blizzard's staff that have come and gone. Most of us forum regulars have been around long enough to remember the first wave of the Mac Tech support staff, and people like myself have actually left and come back for one reason or another, but we still remember. Tigerclaw, Mathewjp, Justinkk, Lucytr, Radoslawn.... Even Datth, who was technically a Windows tech, but came over to our corner often enough... We miss you, and we hope that whatever you're doing now, it's a better place in life. Thank you for all the hard work you did. It was always implied that the Mac dev team got hit with a number of blows from both sides as Blizzard and Apple pushed you with poor software support and APIs when all you were trying to do was keep the game on per with the Windows build. Thank you. And to the current staff, Machkhan, S4d1k, and Padim (and others I'm sure I'm forgetting), thank you for the work you continue to do. The 64-bit build of the game was a god-send for me personally, and I'm sure others feel the same. And finally, thank you past and present Mac MVPs Piril, Bluspacecow, and Omegal. You have brought so much joy into this forum with your knowledge, care, and witty quips. Please continue to do so. Thank you. And fellow regulars too numerous to list off, I thank you for your continued contribution to this forum. I personally left WoW a few months ago because I simply couldn't afford the game at the time. But the primary reason why I came back the moment I could afford it wasn't because of the game itself, but because of the strong Mac community of this forum. I have always loved watching WoW's development process, and I have never encountered such a friendly, driven, and intelligent community as I have on here, and this is what makes me so passionate to keep coming back. To all of you, it's your combined work that has kept WoW's Mac build to the quality standards that it has. And I can't wait to see what happens as the Mac market share only continues to grow.Stormtides1 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 need help with mop bata im stuck there beta game client is stuck on "Updating Setup Filesim rnning vistawindpws 7Ronondex1 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 64-Bit Client up [removed]Calycia6 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 World of Warcraft *4.3.4* 64 bit client *Updated for patch 4.3.4* A 64-bit client is once again available for use with Patch 4.3.4. Before being able to launch WoW in 64-bit mode you will need to download the 64-bit client for PC/Mac (using one of the links below), and unzip it into your World of Warcraft directory. Once you extract the files you can start the 64-bit client by opening the Launcher as normal (Run as Administrator if applicable). To switch back to the 32-bit client, go into Options -> Game Preferences, and check the Launch 32-bit client setting. The game will display which version you are using at the bottom left hand corner of the login screen. ex: Version 4.3.4 (15595) (Release x64) Build 4.3.4.15595 - Mac **Important things to keep in mind** The 64-bit client is being distributed separately from the Retail version as it is not yet supported for use with World of Warcraft. Launching the game in 64-bit mode can only be done after patching the game to version 4.3.3, downloading and extracting the necessary files. The game’s built in voice chat does not currently work when using the 64-bit client. [Mac] The 64-bit Mac client does not currently support the in-game movie recording functionality. [Mac] The 64-bit Mac client iTunes' Remote feature does not work at the present time. [Mac] The 64-bit Mac client does not currently support the customized LCD display for the Logitech G15 series of keyboards. [Mac] The 64-bit Mac client is currently not supported on 10.5 systems. You will need 10.6.8 or later for this version. Additional System Requirements: Mac OS 10.6.8 or newer. Mac Computer with Core 2 Duo or better If you encounter any issues while using the 64-bit version, please report your findings in this thread and return to using the 32-bit executable. In order to facilitate support when contacting Technical Support, please inform them if you are using the 64 bit client. To remove the 64-bit client completely, delete the following files from your World of Warcraft folder: Mac World of Warcraft-64.app How to tell if you have a 64-bit operating system: Mac: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4287 ________________________________________________ Mac Tech Support for Baaaaahlizzard Entertainment | Sun-Thur I'm not big on boasting, but you might have to take a victory lap.Machkhan0 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 Disengage Bug Every time I hit disengage get the error, "You can't do that yet." I have used the repair utility along with the old fix of deleting the WTF and Cache directories. Along with these have tried running without adds. So far none work. Really do not want to spend the time for a new install.Kaltrat14 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 Patch not downloading I'm getting an error after trying to login today saying " failed to download information about the next patch, please check network connection. " clearly my network connection is fine as I am typing this message using my network. Any suggestions?Angerytauren13 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 Can't patch 4.3.3 with 64 bit or 32 bit Hi, I've checked the 32 bit version to start the launcher and download the patch, once it gets to the "applying updates 0%" I get the "blizzard failed with an internal error etc." I tried with the 64 bit, got the same, I erased the 64 bit app, and got the same. So if I'm running the 32 bit version why is the launcher not installing the patch normally? And also, when I run the 64 bit patch I get the EU servers while I play on the US servers despite I'm in EU. So what's this all about? I need help, please. I have no antivirus on my mac, the firewall is off. Just so you don't ask me the obvious.Roniver13 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 Unix-like key-navigation in text fields? I'm not sure if this was ever specific to the Mac client, but is there any chance we could get UNIX-like text keybinds back into the client? Some patches ago we used to be able to use CTRL+H to backspace, CTRL+D to delete, CTRL+A to move to the start of a line, CTRL+E to end of line, etc.. I've been out of the game for a while and having to use the super-inefficient arrow keys now is, well, pretty super-inefficient!Cypher2 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 how to fix 4.3.4 patching problems For those of you who cannot patch because you are behind a university firewall or something else this link has the files that you are looking for so you want patch. Also if you are using the 64 bit client you have to delete it before you patch. There will be a new 64 bit client up shortly. http://patchup.info/downloads/Chillybones7 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 How to Fix Double Cursor while on MAC? I was wondering how to fix the double cursor I get in game when playing on my Mac laptop. I don't have this problem on my my desktop pc. Thanks HolyHolyradiance4 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 Need help setting up WOW on iBook G4 I recently bought the World Of Warcraft Battle Chest for $20 hoping to use it on my iBook G4. Yet I don't know how to install it. Specs: Version: 10.4.11 Processor: 1.2 GHz PowerPC G4 Memory: 1.25 GB DDR SDRAM Bus speed: 133 MHz Please help me. If this can't be done, please, if you can, send me to a patch/mod link that I can enable this with.Thooran3 Apr 17, 2012