Death Knight

Feb 25, 2012 Heroic Zon'Ozz Off-tank I'm offtanking heroic zon'ozz. Now if you're not sure what that entails, they're basically using me for my 4 set. I stack with group and tank one of the claws but other than that, I'm a walking cooldown. I know I need some health in case maintank goes down or for when the claw is smacking on me, but I'm not sure if any of you have done this? I'm considering using my full dps gear but I might be a bit too squishy. Advice is welcome :) The reason I want to add as much dps as possible is because we got him to 7% the other night and all dps is neededBrëhü3 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Bored with my tanking spec So I've been bored at work today and playing around with the talent calculators again. I'm gonna play around this weekend with a new talent set upa nd see how it goes for me. this is the link http://www.wowhead.com/talent#jfhrcsrruszbZ0h take a look over it, if you've played around with it, let me know, I just want some feed back. Also prolly will do some reforges on my armor. I'm fairly confident I can get expertise cap and hit cap or close to it and still have about 35~40 avoidance (including miss chance, but not procs or trinkets)Valshintrix1 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Mastery and blood tanking Hello all. I'm just wondering something. I know mastery is the best stat for DK tanks, but i have almost 3k mastery and i was wondering if there is such a thing as to much mastery. If there is should i start geming for something else. Thanks in advance for the advice.Ðeadnpissed23 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Need help OK I wanna no what weapons Armour i should try to get for when i am 85 I am an unholy Dk and I want to be extremely strong what are the best weaponsLysian0 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 DK or Warrior I've recently come back and I am torn between a nelf DK and Warrior. I love the lore, aesthetics, and abilities of the death knight. Did i mention I love the lore? But the leveling of a warrior is just addicting to me. The fact that you have no spells or anything and you only heal yourself by killing stuff. How can you help? I need someone to convince me to go Warrior instead of DK or vice versa. Thanks! Zoidberggzus13 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Duel Wield Frost or 2Hnd frost Too me 2hand suxAlkatoksta17 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Help me my fellow death-knights! Notice: I'm doing to specifically for PvP! I was wondering if I speced, gemed, glyphed, enchanted and reforged properly for frost main spec? Particularly gemed and reforged, which I went into with little to nil idea what I was doing. Also, I'm thinking about exchanging unholy for blood spec. Would my gems and enchants be proper for it to be my main spec; or should I stack a crud load of stamina like most other Dk's are doing? Give me your worst, tell me I'm terrible; just make sure you tell me what I should change. ;) Thanks!Raknaroks1 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Getting crit while tanking? Perhaps this is a fluke of some sort, but I seem to very occasionally get crit while tanking. I'm not entirely sure why; I'm using the spec in the tank guide, and I'm in blood presence, so I'm not really sure how this happens. The last one that I received was a crit from Murozond. Does it have something to do with my crappy gear?Udojine3 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Uholy PvP build Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but why are unholy DK's not taking the Rage of Rivendare talent? wouldn't the +45% dmg increase be worth it? Also why are they glyphing for Icy Touch?Baiyingai3 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Necrotic Strike costs a death rune in MoP? According to Blizz, they said Necrotic Strike would cost a Death Rune. So let's just get this straight... no more Unholy Rune cost for Necrotic Strike, so NS stacking will be pretty much dead, or will Runic Corruption help out with that? I dunno, I just look at the changes all 7 of my level 85s are getting and I am woefully underwhelmed.Weenkié17 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Blood DK PVP Gemming/stats/reforging/chanting Topic for pvp for blood. Doing NBG's and RBG's Flag Carrying, and will do some arena later, i want to be indestructible. TyDårknight2 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 28k Ultrax Did about 28k last night on Ultrax as unholy. First time raiding on this guy. Seem about right?Labordayy3 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Blood Dk's in heroic DS. Improving tank DPS. Hey there, I currently have 3/8HM in Dragon Soul and I'd like to try to improve my dps as a tank. I feel as though my raid and I can afford me playing a more 'offensive spec' to put some more raid numbers. I've played around with a few specs and just wanted to see some input from other Blood Dk's that are doing heroics atm. Thanks.Trebnight7 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 2hander frost with Gurth or DW frost?? I ask this because our fury war now has 2 Gurths and well his dps is pretty amazing right now. I cant keep up with him, the only person that still tops the charts is our rogue...go figure. So the thought accured to me to see if there was more dps to be had by going 2h frost with Gurth or staying DW? I dont have gurth yet to test this, so wondering if any one else has and if so what feed back can you give me ThanksHellcrazed3 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 SD vs HoM? I've been doing some napkin number crunching and I've come to the conclusion that HoM is a better choice for an Orc DK than SD. I factored in the proc rate for SD and my 145k hp unbuffed, and I still ended up with HoM being slightly on top due to the secondary stats boosting DPS and the extra 3 Expertise gained from using Axes being converted into Haste. Any other opinions on this?Arbatrix1 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Why do DKs insist on using frost presence? WHY? Over the past few days I've been seeing this happening a lot, both in PvE and PvP - most of the DKs are so stubborn and just want to stay in frost presence. What's better about frost presence over unholy presence with the exception of aoe-heavy fights?Shantiel22 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Old Unholy Blight it's got a 1.5min CD..... BUT IT'S BACK! Edit : in MoP =/Kîllawar0 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 DK transmorgs! /flex - i have seen the blue sw guard sets and i would just like to say that the sw guards shoulders are smoother then the blue sets you see on players. now my transmorg is an exact replica of shape, but not color.Talaspire6 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 [blood tanking]Consume diseases. i thought of a system with who we could consume a certain diseas to inflit diffrent things like. Consume Diseases:Conflagrate (or any cooler talent name) 1 unholy If target is inflicted with death and decay and blood plague the death knight consumes the diseases and deals xxxx-xxxx damages and gains x% strenght. Consume Diseases:(or any cooler talent name) 1 unholy If target is inflicted with icy touch and blood plague the death knight consumes the diseases,the target is frozen for x secs the death knight is healed for x% of his total health. ..ect Discuss. Bloodl0 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Mannoroth Your highest dps on mannoroth? When I was frost I did like 110k+ and I was like /flex. Switched to unholy and first kill was 170k MUAHAHAHABrëhü5 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Why is blood the only tanking spec now? I've been away for a bit, came back when 4.3 released. Used to be all specs had a shield and sword, i.e. they were all tank/dps trees. So what happened to change that?Clàw19 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Ret/Frost 2v2 arena tips Looking for some arena tips for playing Ret pali (myself) with my RL buddy who's a frost dk. We seem to get destroyed by anything with a healer but do ok against double dps teams. Rogues destroy us also though. Any tips would be appreciated.Tarzann2 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Rune Strike Bug? Logged in today to tank a bit, noticed I sit with runic power at 130, hit Rune Strike one time and for some reason it is now on a very very long CD before it is available again. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a known problem? And by very very long time I mean at least 8 seconds Thanks Jovyk1 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 After playing frost for so long I went to my off spec for the first time since before i got unholy presence and Jesus Christ.. Frost is so fast paced with procs and stuff with the extremely fast GCD. Then you play Blood and everything happens so slowly. You ramp up your RP slowly, you wait FOREVER to be able to hit death strike again, and barely anything happens besides hitting death strike and rune strike. Am I the only one who thinks blood is overwhelmingly slow paced?Fleckso2 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 PVP - Frost vs Unholy Which one do you prefer for PVP? Deathfloats7 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Unholy PvE How is Unholy PvE AoE damage? Compared to Frost?Dezlas4 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 my death strike can only crit for 19k hi i am a 389 blood dk. i was in DS last night and i could seem to crit over a 19k when i usually can hit up to 75k. i was wondering if anyone else is having these problems or it is just me. if you have had similar problems in the past and know how to fix please post up with direscrtions. tyClanced8 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 When DKs get Mind Controlled. I've noticed that an MCing NPC will always switch you to unholy presence. It's as if the game itself recognizes that it's the best presence to play as. Just a little quirk I noticed the other night in BT.Tadkins2 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 One does not simply kill a Feral Druid I'm kinda new to PVP and I'm having a hard time when it comes to kill a Feral Druid? Any suggestions? is there something I can do as a Frost DK to kill a Feral ASAP? Thank youDominike4 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Unholy, Mastery or Crit with a Gurth? Question about reforging as unholy. Now normally after you're hit capped the order is Str>Haste>Crit>Mastery. However because Gurth is affected by our mastery would it be smarter to go Str>Haste>Mastery>Crit instead?Xeypher4 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Another Unholy Help Thread I'm at the point where I no longer know what to do to increase my DPS. Recently, I just started raiding again. I was DW Frost, But since getting the Sweet two Hander off Madness, and it being a better weapon, I swapped to Unholy. I played Unholy thru WOTLK and used the spec to lvl up to 85.. So, I am familiar with the spec. The guild is working on 25 Man Hard modes. the fights are fun, But I find myself not coming close to the others on the meters, Most of the time, I'm just barely above the tanks. I don't know whats causing my low dps output, Maybe its gear... I use to "Generic" unholy spec, start fights by using Outbreak, Scourge Strike, Throw in some Death Coils to get Timmy into Dark transformation form, Then cycle thru scourge strike, Festering Strike to keep diseases up, and hit Death Coil as often as possible. Most fights I will keep DnD down, excpet for Ultraxion... Most players in the guild hit around 40K early in the fight peaking at 50K...I normally hit 20K early in the fight, peaking around 28K... I'm at lost as to what could be the problem. Give me your thoughts on what could help me to resolve my dos issues plz.Scarzo12 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Frost or Unholy for PVE? I scanned the DK forums, and couldn't find anything. What does more dps since the most recent patch? I have a 380ish DK and I'm trying to maximize his dps output.Zadax3 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 UH Haste >> Frost Mastery Going from BG Frost to UH Arena is slightly too difficult and costly for the amount of g per. Mastery for Frost..UH > Haste. What's the solution?Matrix11 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Blood vs Frost PvP Which should I go? im currently in blood but I see alot of good frost dks. Help?Nècrotic7 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 MoP Ebon Plague/Diseases According to the MoP talent tree section, the Ebon Plague debuff will no longer provide 8% increased magic damage, but will instead provide the exact same debuff (in name as well as in function) as Frost's Brittle Bones (+4% physical damage). Is anyone else bothered by this? Why, in an attempt to get away from "cookie-cutter" specs, is Blizzard homogenizing the specs? I mean hey, if anyone can explain to me how this would be advantageous for Unholy DKs, by all means explain this one to me. I understand that a large % of UH DK damage is physical, but as a raid-wide debuff it seems lackluster at best. The Ebon Plague magic debuff always seemed like one of the more important assets that UH DKs brought to raid groups. My other problem with it is that it no longer bolsters our disease damage, and the "Virulence" and "Epidemic" talents look like they're going the way of the dodo as well. So you want our diseases, one of the staples of the DK class, to become even more marginalized than they are already? The way Frost is right now, the only function of diseases is to boost Obliterate's damage. In Unholy, diseases boost Scourge Strike's damage, but with Ebon Plague, Virulence, and Epidemic (and our Mastery, as far as Blood Boil is concerned, as well as the Icy Touch glyph if you use it), our diseases actually make a decent contribution to our overall damage. I think of our improved diseases as one of the things that differentiated it from Frost. If anything, I'd want to see our diseases become more important (and do more damage). Thoughts, anyone? Maybe I'm just not seeing why Brittle Bones - instead of what Ebon Plague currently is - and weaker diseases is an improvement?Akumashi4 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 how do you burst as UnH in pvp? fs, ss or ns pretty new to dk, played frost before i quit but now i wanna try out unholy. do i burst with festering strike or scourge strike? or just keep up necrotic strike? when would i even use fs and ss? seems like every unholy dk i face does way more burst than me, just trying to figure out why...Fleabath12 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Stat priority question; what now? I'll start off by saying, I have NO interest in going Masterfrost but I was curious if dropping a little bit of haste for a couple points of mastery would be a good investment. My haste isn't crazy high, I need the Tier helm to fix the itemization issues I'm having right now (toooooo much hit...). Any opinions? Anyone run with between 1.9k and 2k haste and and have no problems with constant open globals? I'm pulling between 38k-39k on Ultraxion in what I have currently, but I really think I could do more if I had some input from better players than myself. Thanks in advance for the help.Bäenør0 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 my dps... i think i need help . my stats hit : 8.14 % (617) exp: 26/26 haste: 79.78% (2295) mastery 16.37 rune speed 7.71s crit 8.19% my rotation : normally for bosses i go out break, obliterate x 3 , fs howliing blast when its up on proc and PS when blood plaque is about to fall off , with out popping any CDs i can only pull of 18.5k on the dummy , and i did only 21k on H morchok tonight . please fix meVikky15 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 BiS list for unholy? is there one? i tried to look but didnt find anything for nonheroic and heroicNecrojr3 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 OK, fresh 85, need help please I resubbed about a week ago. Haven't played since Jan 1 of 2011. I took this guy thru Cata and hit 85 last night. My plan is to pvp and do arena's. I have a RL friend who is fresh to pvp and he's a hunter. It may not be the best 2's make up but we're friends and it is what it is. We're in it to have fun and experience pvp. I bought every single piece of vicious gear I could find off the AH. I was able to convert Justice to honor and get the s11 shoulders. I had enough money left to get a little SP enchant on my cloak and now I'm broke. As money comes in I plan on gemmin/enchanting as needed. I'm familiar with the UH spec as that's what I played in Wrath, so reading the forums I came up with a pvp UH spec. We did arena's last night and wow..... we got obliterated. There were fights where I was dead in literally 4 seconds. Some fights were really close, but that's besides the point. We went 0-10 LOL. That really doesn't bother me yet as we're new...but I want to see some marked improvement next week as hopefully our crappy rating may improve our odds. I'd like some tips on UH play in arena's, and my spec please. Remember I'm essentially "new" again as I just resubbed and pvp is pretty foreign to me. I usually try to apply diseases (outbreak I think it's called) Chains of Ice when it's up. Scourge Strike every time it's up. Death coil when it's up. Dark Transformation when it's up. I interrupt spell casters when I can-although out of 10 fights most were blood dk's, shamans, hunters, and rogues. I know I need a weapon--mine was quest given at like lvl 82 lol. So hopefully AH can be good to me. I'm running bg's when I can for honor/gear But I'm just suprised we got stomped so bad. Should I be?? My resi is like 2004 or something. I don't even know what number to shoot for? Anything advice/tips would be great! Thank you. Oh yeah...ignore the blood spec. I wanted to see what the fuss was about after getting rolled so hard. I was lost as hell.... don't plan on playing it. I also got the vicious cloak this morning...doesn't look like it's updated. Thanks again.Epicenterr1 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Need help Hi I have a DK friend of mine he needs some help he pulls less dps than he probably should i dont know much about the class so i have come here for help... Here are the logs from last nights raids http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5siioymb6jti6de2/ You can also armory him .. Names Keriiail on Garona alliance sideShcladon0 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Frost PvP - DW or 2hand? I've read through most of the forum but wasn't sure. I know the sticky says DW is the way to go, is it about equal with 2hand right now?Dremid28 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 MoP: Tier 2 talents. 35 second Death Grip is absurd, so we're forced to get Icy Grip while sacrificing Lichborne if you're Frost, and Lichborne + AMZ if you're Unholy. What the hell.Weenkié3 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Which weapons? No'Kaled, the Elements of Death + Hand of Morchok or 2x Hand of Morchok Ive tested with No'Kaled, the Elements of Death on a dummy and pull 2k more dps than usual, just looking to see what other people think.Relicus0 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 What weapon should I get with this xmog? Click on my portrait and help me figure out what 2h weapon to get with this setTurmori7 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 quick question Hey guys should i stay unholy with gurthalak(normal mode) or go frost with hand of morchok(normal) and souldrinker(RF) thanks!Shamaneister2 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 No PVP vengeance - why are you blood? Now that they nerfed vengeance out of PVP, why are all the DKs I see in battlegrounds still blood? I understand for flag carrying, but I see tons of blood DKs in ALL the battlegrounds. What's the point? All the threads say clearly that blood is now out of PVP (except for flag carrying). Hmmm....Zymurgist10 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 UH Arena, plx / Mastery or Haste Hey, which is more important now? Is it important to spec Improved UH Presence / and how much? Usually, gemming Resil is pretty unimportant because of the # of slots in PvP gear, especially, now, with Str increasing heals. Is that mentality valid for 2s and 3s? How is DW vs. 2h? [Edit:] Fallen Crusader Rune / Cinderglacier w/ DW? [Edit 2]: Bladed Armor vs. the DW procs? Blessings. [Edit 3:] Summon Gargoyle?Matrix6 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 How to make all specs dps or tank In MoP, all 3 DK specs should do poor damage pre-presence. Then just bake extra damage multipliers into frost and unholy presence and threat into blood presence. The only thing blood presence does now (aside from armor and threat which you'll still get) is that it lets you rune strike whenever, giving threat and runic empowerment. The MoP talents let you take runic empowerment in any spec and it applies to rs, dc, and fs. Why not use blood presence to bake extra threat into rs, dc, and fs and then they'll all play like a tank no matter what spec. I could see a similar thing done with warriors/stances and mages/armors (maybe a healing armor?). I'm not sure of any other "stance dance" classes. No more "WAAAAH I WANT BLUD DPS" or "WAAAAH I WANT FORST TANK". TL;DR: Frost spec with blood shield: poor damage, high armor and threat. Blood dk with unholy presence: high damage, low threat and normal armor.Dkwhosaysni9 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Let us name our ghouls... and let locks name their demons. I would love to be able to do that the way hunters name their pets. What do you other unholys think? Would you like being able to name your ghoul?Muffytickles5 Feb 23, 2012