Death Knight

Jun 22, 2012 Help with tanking! I'm currently trying my best to up my DPS meter while still tanking. Unbuffed and Blood Spec, I get around 6k for no apparent reason. Can someone help me fix this please?Vakann3 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 In MoP: Ret or Dk? Can't decide which to play. I will be in school then so I can only focus on a couple of characters (the other being hunter), but I'd like to play a melee. I enjoy both tbh. So, which is looking stronger so far in your opinion?Korruptz1 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Best spec to use when you just start pvp I bought the crafted what not, and I know that farming honor gear is not that hard, but there are still x amount of bgs a given person has to grind. I find that Frost is just about worthless if you are not geared to where you are smashing people's faces in, what would be the better choice here for grinding that start? Would kiting as unholy be the best option or is the Ghoul just gonna be worthless due to low attack power? Or should i just bite the bullet and not worry about it till I have better gear.Necrana2 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Competitive DPS Hey guys. I'm a 2H Frost spec doing 28-30k dps in Dragon Soul. I'm not using any macros or addons and I'm trying to compete with a warrior guildie of mine doing 35-38k dps. Any of you intelligent WoW people know some tricks I can do to shoot up my dps?Mádhatter19 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Blood PVP Spec & Runeforge I'm curious what is the best spec for doing blood pvp, and what weapon rune should I be using?Holyhell6 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Frost dk RBG spec Lookin for some input on what to spec for rbgs. I played around with talents and this is what I came up with: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#dc01!gkag!kYdhSQeTaQ! I skipped On A Pale Horse because we will most likely have Crusader auro at our disposal and put the points into rime. More splash damage = love. I completely skipped points in unholy all together because a lower cd on deathgrip isnt needed for rbgs from what ive seen, and desecration seems a bit redundant to me on account of howling blast splash damage will be inflicting everyone with a 50 percent snare. I replaced the points from unholy to go heavy blood. I specced into Improved Blood Tap and Hand of Doom. All in all, I think the spec is more appropriate for an rbg environment, but im no expert. Any suggestions on if the spec is good or if desecration is a must would be appreciated. ThanksEmfrun17 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 Worgen or Draenei Death Knight Well im only two levels away from death knight and i wanted to choose either of these races. I plan to pvp so i will be doing rbg, bg, and a bit of wpvp since my server has awesome wpvp. I not sure if the draenei healing racial and 1% hit is useful or the Worgen sprint and 1% crit. I plan on being a dual wield frost death knight also. Also please don't say human for the pvp trinket, i dont wont to be a human becuase it is way to over played lol. thanksDaraver11 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 duel wield frost pvp i just switched to duel wield pvp to try it out, not sure if this happens to alot of ppl, but threat of thassarian never works with me, i only do dmg with one weapon, and somtimes when killing machine procs and i attempt to crit i dont do any damage. not sure if im doing anything wrong but some feedback would be nicePhnog2 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 unholy pvp, creche vs bone link I just won creche in normal ds and i was wondering if its worth using in pvp. When i attacked the dummies in SW i didnt notice any difference in dmg per attack even with the extra 458 strength. Is this trinket worth it in pvp? it seems more like a warrior trinketIntimadator1 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 Blood Tank viable? I'd like to get into tanking, but at first glance I've seen complaints about Blood tanking. I'm not asking if it's easy or hard, because that doesn't matter to me. I've been a Pally tank and a Bear tank, but I have the specs for those tied up in other things so I've decided to make my DK tank. How does it compare to those two?Delacruz11 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 Questions about dk pvp I love the blood spec, but I'm not really sure what to put my talent points into. This is just an extra spec for dueling and flag carrying. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could link me the spec or something like that. My main spec is unholy and I use the macro: /Cast Unholy Frenzy /Use Dps Trinket /Cast Summon Gargoyle I was wondering if there is a macro that is the same except it does not use Unholy Frenzy and my trinket when I can't use my gargoyle. Thank YouAmorticus1 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 Noob Question Hello all. I have just started pvping on my frost dk, and I had a question about gear. I notice that when I look at the honor weapons for sale, there is a one handed axe and a one handed sword. I also noticed that they have the exact same stats and speed with one exception: the axe does more damage. If you can dual wield both axes, what is the point of the one handed sword? Thanks in advance. If I did not express my question clearly enough, please let me know and I can try and clairify what you do not understand.Ferdrah1 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 Coming back to wow quick DK question. Im coming back to wow after a really long break and have not had the chance to see Dks in action yet i quit near the end of BC. Im thinking of rolling one for my new char. just a couple questions 1. how fun are they to level and play in pvp/pve 2. Are they competitive in pve and pvp? 3. why do you like your dk? 4. how do they look in mop? 5. any thing else you would like to sayXpliciit0 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 2h or dual wield for this 3's comp? Was thinking of running: disc priest arms war frost dk for fun and to cap each week (and maybe semi-serious ratings + guild rep) Do I want to go 2h or dual wield for this comp? ThxKorruptz2 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Unholy rotation questions I have some questions that I couldn't directly find answers to in the sticky about the rotation. Primarily, how do I decide between Death Coil and Scourge Strike? What is more important; using all available runes to scourge strike, or making sure to hit Dark Transformation? I spend a lot of time trying to get the five stacks for my ghoul, but I'm starting to feel that I should use more scourge strike. Should I be using Death Coil only if it procs, and keep using SS even if at full RP as long as the runes are up?Dkcolfy5 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Wrath Baby Seeks Wisdom Got a lvl 80 DK that I'm leveling, and I felt that I wanted to try DW Frost. My question is this: Am I doing this right? -Using Unholy Presence -Open up with Plague Strike and Icy Touch -Obliterate twice -Howling Blast, if I proc a Rime -Frost Strike, when runes are recharging -Plague Strike to reapply Blood Plague -Howling Blast, afterwards -Spam Obliterate as "Filler A" -Spam Frost Strike as "Filler B" -Horn of Winter, when it's about to fall off Should I take Icy Touch off my hotbar entirely and stick with Howling Blast? Other recommendations?Phaege3 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Should I change anything for pvp http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#dc01!aj!kYehSZeTgQ!S!abeVUikno thats my talent spec i've pretty much gem'd mastery like crazy it's added 34% added frost damage my hit is at 5% my resil is over 5k but i have never really used the necrotic strike but have been seeing that i should definatly use that and spec desecration i just think i can do something to different to get more survivability and do more damage. I appreciate any tips or suggestions and thanks for taking time to read my post.Strongstorm10 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Why cant Death Knights wear shields??? If warriors and paladins can... Then why cant Deth Knights also wear shields????Scourgelord39 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Question about Butchery. Hello all, about to do another re-spec for DW Frost PVE. Currently I have 2/2 Butchery and am considering dropping it completely. I have checked out alot of other specs and notice people having 1/2 in Butchery or none at all. Basically my question comes down to this...what are your guys' opinions/thoughts on the Butchery talent and will my DPS suffer if I drop it completely? Thanks in advance on any input you may have.Jane36 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Chest Enchant for Blood Today, I got the tier chest piece on DS Normal. After the raid, an enchanter was asking if anyone needed any enchants for the new gear people had gotten and I said I would get the 75+ Stam. He then argued that 20+ All Stats had more value cause it gave me more Str which gave me more parry and a bit of health. I said that I saw more value in 75+ Stam because it increased my base health, which in turn increased minimum Death Strike heal which increased the minimum blood shield absorption and, since I have been stacking mastery as my main stat, I find that invaluable. However, now I'm not sure which enchant to get; the amount of parry I get from 20+ Stats is very little and I honestly don't need str for threat. So the question I have for you guys is, Which enchant should I get for my chest piece as a blood death knight, 75+ Stam or 20+ Stats?Vomitory8 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Can't quite get the hang of this class I'm still relatively new to WoW, and up until now I've exclusively played ranged and caster classes (hunter, mage, warlock). So, I wanted a change so I rolled DK for a nice mix of melee and magic. I'm really enjoying the play style of my frost DK so far but I'm having a lot of trouble I guess grasping the concept of melee combat. I'm doing fine questing, and I've had a much easier questing/grinding experience with this class then I had with my mage but as soon as I enter battlegrounds I die faster than my squishy cloth wearing mage did. Having never played a melee class before, I just can't seem to get the hang of what to do when up close with my enemies. I'm either getting lost in what's going on (being surrounded by chaos) or have trouble staying facing my target. Does anyone have any tips so I can l2p melee? Anything to help with movement, staying facing your target, how to play when your all of the sudden surrounded by a warrior, a pally, another DK while getting blown up by a frost mage? I know my gear sucks right now and that not much matters with PvP until level cap, but I'm not all that interested in Arena or anything except PvE, battlegrounds and some world PvP. I figured I can concern myself with gear later on after I get the basics of playing melee down. Being a heavy burst frost DK I know I should be close to the top of the damage charts in battlegrounds, but I'm getting a bit discouraged (despite having loads of fun with it) seeing other melee classes in the 1K range in DPS when I'm sitting at 400-500 and dying faster than my mage. TL;DR I'm a Frost DK, I'm super squishy, help me l2p a melee class please :)Feneron21 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Regem for mastery? I want to Raise my mastery. I have reforged most of what I can I think. I have two gems right now i know I can regem to straight mastery Take out 2 Fine lava Corrals, for 2 Fractureded Lightstones. Which would raise my Mastery by 25 each, and drop 25 perry each. (Yellow Sockets). I think this is a good Idea, or am I just chaising my tail?Aitqwa11 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Frost vs Unholy for Ret/DK I just started a ret/dk, and I was wondering if Frost would actually be better than Unholy for this comp. I feel like alot of our damage is right on the opener and unholy doesn't provide that instant damage that Frost does, even though there is less survivability. Any thoughts? Thanks :DExclesior4 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Back after a year, Where to start for gear? Subject says it all. It may show my tank gear at the moment but it will be showing dps spec/gear shortly. I'm not in very good shape. I stopped playing maybe a month or two after cataclysm and simply have not had any desire to play until recently when the bug bit. If it's not horribly painful to catch up to my guildies by next month (when we are scheduled to resume raiding) I might stay with WoW. SWTOR and Rift just don't cut it. TL:DR Version - Back after year. Need to catch up to guildies so I can raid next month. Where should I start for gear.Sarcazm2 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 How does Holy Paladin + Unholy DK 2's work? I am thinking of recruiting an Hpally into becoming my lackey for 2's, but I don't understand the strategy. What makes it such a good combination anyway?Devilspider9 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 pvp blood geming Hey Im playing as fc for my rbg team i was willing to regem for blood as long as i didnt have to regem my 50 strength gems since i sunk alot of g into getting them. My rbg leader recomended i use my 2 blue gems for stam but that puts me low on spell pen. Is decent spell pen important for survivability or is it ok if my dg or strangulate misses every now and then. And if I needed stam I was thinking wouldnt it be better to get 70 stam to chest and get two green stam resil gems instead?Aitron0 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 average dps for around lvl 60? 2h frost spec, no heirlooms. i feel i fall a bit short.. i've never been great at DKs. what's a good amount of dps for around this level, so i know if i'm doing okay?Stardre9 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 What's our Purpose: DKs in Pandaria In WotLK, we had a purpose: Revenge. What I liked most about the DK class is that we had our own vendetta, our own story. Heck, even our own main capital, in a way. When my Night Elf DK went to ask to be returned to the Alliance, it was not because I felt they were better than the Horde. It was just because I happened to be a Night Elf before dying. A DK post that I read said that 'it is easy for me to roll an Alliance DK AND a Horde DK because my true allegiance is with neither one.' The Knights of the Ebon Blade had a purpose, but that was completed when we killed the Lich King. Now what? In Cata, the the world started to fall apart, and we joined the other classes in preventing its destruction. Sounds good enough, but already many DKs were complaining that they did not understand why we should help. While other quest givers mention our exploits in Northrend or our success against Arthas, our own brethren in the Ebon Hold just kind of say the same things. Our very storyline driven characters have fallen off the storyline map. Now we are another class. Period. I'm worried that we will lose our significance completely in Pandaria. Why would DKs go to explore a new continent or stay true to a faction after all we have done? I feel that the DK class needs to be re-examined within the story. How about a unique quest, just for DKs, that explains what we are doing? It doesn't need to lead to an epic reward, or any reward, but reveal just enough story to lead us into the expansion. Archerus feels more like home to my Night Elf than Stormwind or Darnassus, and it bothers me that I am going there only for a wave of forgotten nostalgia. How do you all feel?Shreeder20 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Corpse Explosion Corpse Explosion was a great Unholy death knight spell...You kill a enemy , Blow up their corpse making a aoe attack though when later WOTLK Patches came out it was removed...But i saw in the MOP Talent tree days ago before they updated it and Corpse explosion was there :D...Then the updates...I Didnt see it anymore plz bring it back BlizzardPvpdeath1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Looking for DPS Gear Guide Anyone able to point me towards some good gear guides? Thanks!Sarcazm2 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Critique my Blood Solo spec please... I've started soloing on my DK. I would appreciate any advice on my spec/gear. I was doing fine and then tried Hydross in SSC. I had him down to 100k before I finally died. Not sure if my spec needs tweaked or my gear needs regemmed/reforged. I know my gear isn't great but any help would be nice. Thanks!Shras6 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 mantenence timeout thread what are we doing this morningBettieone24 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 death runes rotation question Hello Im a unholy DK i havemt played DK seriously since WOTLK and enjoyed it. now Im back!!! But i am curious about death runes from what i remember unholy has death runes that can be used as any rune or something. Now that we have viscious strike is there a optimal rotaion to get as many death runes up as possible so we can spam viscious strike at the end of the rotation?Dacradence7 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Raise Ally Not sure if it has been answered yet, but is there a special way to make this work during combat? Came back after a patch and it stopped working. Just curious if this is a bug or if this spell is obsolete.Chosennewb6 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Forums Dedicated to DKs I know many other classes have a site/forums dedicated to the class where people go and discuss the class, but I can't seem to find one for DKs. Is there such a place or do us DKs really have to dig through the pages here to find the one piece of good advice or one good discussion? P.S. Elitistjerks doesn't count.Unth2 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 ISO some Frost DW help. Haven't played WoW in months. Last time I played was prior to the raid being nerfed. Would like to know what the current stat weights are and what the current best build is. Thanks.Sebrawr2 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Frost dw.... Ok so I tried dw as frost and I usually use a 2h but I looked up the best spec and everything for dw.....but my dps as 2h was averaging 14k and as dw it was 10k. Is there any reason it is so low. I have the 8% spell hit cap and the expertise cap....also everything I can reforge is into haste after those two. (btw I know my gear sucks ;) If you can help me out that would be great.Angerx5 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Idea for neat level 90 ability: Anti-magic prison, as used by Setesh adds. While affected, target is immune to healing and magic effects. Make it 4-6 seconds to prevent OPness, perhaps.Sulphurion4 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 DK level 90 talent revamp. Blizz, the level 90 Death Knight talents are boring. Every other class gets something exciting, so why don't death knights? Desecrated ground? Yea, Death Knights have had it since Wrath, in their Unholy tree. It was called Desecration. The CC immunity is cool and all, but nothing a trinket can't take care of. Not an exciting level 90 talent edition. Remorseless Winter is basically Hungering Cold with a lame DoT/slow gimmick. Gorefiend's Grasp is cool on paper, but it should be a talent earlier in the list. I'd like to see a "reverse" death grip, throwing an enemy for 30 yards, but making the target immune to fall damage. Here are some suggestions: 1st Talent: Dark Miasma 2 min CD The death knight spends one death rune to spread a miasma 100 yards around the death knight. Enemies caught in the miasma are automatically inflicted with Frost Fever and Blood Plague, and are inflicted with Miasma, taking 10% more damage. Allies caught in the Miasma get a buff increasing their haste and crit by 10%. Enemies who die in the miasma spawn ghouls that last for 10 seconds. Lasts 20 seconds. Reasoning for this talent: It fits Unholy's "disease" bill, but with more of the disease. Think of it as a mini blood lust. Enemies that die in the miasma spawn an Army of the Dead ghoul for more DPS. Would work well for tanks too. 2nd Talent: Echo of Frostmourne 3 Min CD Death Knight's use a shard of Frostmourne, empwering their rune weapon, transforming it into an Echo of Frostmourne. While Death Knights wield the Echo of Frostmourne, they gain 10% increased haste and crit. Autoattacks generate a Soul Fragment, increasing strength by 1%. When the Death Knight reaches 30 stacks, they automatically spend their soul fragments and unleash Shadow Clash, dealing X amount of shadowfrost damage. Reasoning for this talent: Basically a mini shadowmourne. We all wanted to know what happened to the frostmourne shards right? Well what if the Knights of the Ebon Blade each took a shard and vowed to protect them, making sure frostmourne was never reforged. So in a time of desperation, a DK can imbue their weapons with the power of a frostmourne shard. 3rd Talent: Vampiric Bite 5 min CD Death Knight uses Vampiric Bite on an enemy. For 15 seconds, the enemy is inflicted with Essence of the Vampyr. NPC's afflicted with this spell will become an undead servant for the Death Knight after Essence of the Vampyr expires, lasting 40 seconds. If the Death Knight has the Master of Ghouls talent, enemy replaces ghoul pet and becomes a permanent undead pet, and is affected by Shadow Infusion and Undead Monstrosity. If the NPC is immune to stuns, Vampiric bite deals 15% of the Death Knight's health as damage, and deals massive threat. Player characters bitten will gain Essence of the Vampyr for 15 seconds and gains "Vampiric Bloodthirst". If the player character does not bite the an ally for 15 seconds, they are mind controlled for 15 seconds, becoming an undead minion for the death knight for 15 seconds. Players mind controlled immediately appear next to Death Knight. All player characters mind controlled by Vampiric bite are subject to Dark Pact and Corpse Explosion. Death Knights killed before Essence of the Vampyr expires causes no mind control, instead the player is subject to X amount of damage. Only usable on beasts/humanoids. Essence of the Vampyr: Player Debuff You are permanently infected with Essence of the Vampyr. You gain "Vampiric Bloodthirst", allowing you to bite an ally. Bite an ally in order to refresh time limit of Essence of the Vampyr to 20 seconds, while infecting the ally with Essence of the Vampyr. Cannot be dispelled. If you kill an ally with Vampiric Bloodthirst, Essence of the Vampyr is removed. Cannot bite ally's infected with Essence of the Vampyr. Vampiric Bloodthirst: 5 second CD You bite an ally, infecting them with "Vampiric Sickness" for 5 seconds and deal 10% of their health in damage. After the 5 seconds, they are infected with Essence of the Vampyr. Ally's inflicted with Vampiric Sickness can be bitten by multiple people before they are infected with Essence of the Vampyr. Ally's killed with Vampiric Sickness remove your Essence of the Vampyr. Reasoning for this talent: Ok this one I pulled out of the air. Unholy DK's can use it to corrupt a humanoid NPC and make it their undead minion, giving them more minion variety, and it adds a little bit of CC. As a tank, it can give a large threat boost if the boss is a beast/humanoid. But in PvP, this is a fire and forget talent. In theory, it's supposed to simulate an "outbreak" among an enemy team. A DK bites an enemy player, now that player has 15 seconds to bite an ally or they will be MC'd for 15 seconds, subject to Death Pact and Corpse Explosion if the Dk has the runic power to use the move. So wow, a DK can one shot someone right?Joukai10 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 weapon question for raiding frost dk i am using souldrinker n hand of molorok nornal, does it matter which of these i use in main hand or would it matter at allBeatinudown4 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 SOR HELP Hey guys im thinking of making a dk and using a sor to ding him to 80.... The only thing is i really really really hate lvling i was wondering if anyone could give me some personal opinions of there lvlving experences as a dk... Like why you loved it so much or if you did it and just hate lvling as much as me how you managed to suffer through it. Any advice would help but plz no trollzDotboomdot3 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Could I get a little feedback on my stats? I'm dw frost spec. Could I get some feedback on my stats? I'd like to know what I need to improve on. ...Asmodeüs1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Helpppp pleaseee I require some advice on how to be utilizing my death knight to where it can be an exceptionally good player. I think i am doing some wrong things because when i enter PvP i see some level 71's having 17k health. Please look at my char and tell me what i can improve on. Thanks a bunch!Werewolfy6 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 frost pvp help please, OK i know i am a noob and all that other stuff but please give advice, my damage is good for now just for pug 2s but my survivability is crappy, am i missing something ?Sinamora5 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 What's your average dps? ilvl: 395 Spec: frost dw Heroics: Usually above 30k and above 40k on some boss fights. Madness: 45-55kLitharrale2 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 You love your dk when, When you get wrecking ball with thunder fury.Evenios20 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 What will you roll in MoP? Hi Guys, Just a quick poll to see if you will be sticking with your DK come MoP (if so what spec?) AND if not what class will you roll? and what spec? Thanks,Mef3 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Tank Class [Alliance] Well I have pretty much every single 85 class a tank OS or MS. And I really want a dk for tanking in PvE. what race is a good one besides human or night elf? ThanksAnthony3 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 From Frost to Unholy (PvP) So recently I went Unholy for PvP because I heard if you play it right, it's multitudes better than DW frost. I've played frost since back in LK, but only in the bast month have I started to look at PvP on this character. Upon respeccing and reforging, along with getting myself the PvP 2 hander, I went into a random BG in hopes to melt face. Mind you, I had all of my pet management and focus micros set up. The problem I ran in to, however, was that coming right into the fight I found myself with no abilities to use. I'd open with Outbreak and then within a few Scourge Strikes, all my runes were on CD and I didn't have enough RP to cast any Death Coils. Everywhere else I've read says nothing about downtime, so am I missing something or doing something wrong?Astrocon6 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 18, 2012 Could a Vanilla player please help me w/ last My final mog peace. It's from BRD and i need someone thats completed the old chain quest in their ending with the quest called "The Princess Saved?" If anyones done this quest please help, i would greatly appreciate it. I got toons with gold on Lightninghoof, Lightnings Blade about 1k, and Wyrmcrest Accord about 1500g. or maybe i can help in some other way.Annihilus0 Jun 18, 2012