Death Knight

Jan 17, 2012 Seeking Advice Arena PVP This is my first "real" arena season My partner is an experienced quality rogue who has played many classes and comps well over 1800 and some over 2200 We started as blood dk/rogue. Things went well we went something like 51-20 and got rather quickly into the 1700's. In the 1700's and 1800's people were skille dand experienced enough to manage the blood dk (me) and shut me down while harassing the rogue and we plateud. We became a 50/50 team and although I was pleased with our results didnt want to just stay at that level. Switched to frost and the bottom fell out. we now lost 3 games to every game we would win. Pur rating fell into the low 1500's. As a frost dk the teams we played against simply steamrolled the frost dk (me again) the killed the rogue solo. My question, if i go unholy will i find legitimate survivability tools that will compensate for my inexperience and our comps lack of cc/control or basicly shuld I go back to blood and live with a 1700 season? thank you for any constructive comments you may add.Volstagg4 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Macro & Keybind resources help Hi all, Just reactivated and am new to blood tanking in Cataclysm. The last time I tanked, it was as frost spec. I'm about to start tanking 5 man dungeons and I'm overwhelmed by the number of cooldowns available. Previously, I always clicked buttons; now I'm trying to figure out how I can streamline my ui and my keybinds for tanking. I've been having trouble finding resources for this Could you share with me your favorite macros, keybinds setups, and ui addons? Also, as I'm trying to prioritize placement of abilities based on how I'll use them. My question is: what cooldowns do you pop as soon as they're up, and what do you save as panic buttons?Bunnifoofoo1 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Gurthalak I just won the 390 version of this sword. I'm currently using the 378 Axe of the Tauren Chieftains from HoT heroics, reforged to mastery. Is RF Gurthalak an upgrade for Blood?Eragurn7 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Death Knight question When you create a DK do your secondary prefoessions start at 0? Do you have to go back to all the low level places to get mats to level up professions?Kraakhen3 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 DeathKnight PvP vids! tutorial's ,guides Hey guys, just released my first teaser video on youtube, If you a deathknight having trouble hitting the big 2200 in arena, im going to be released guides,tutorials,arena's,world pvp and all of the good stuff :D IF your like a 2400+ player, you probs wont have to watch, but its you can always have a watch anyway :D This is my link, ill be trying to release as many video's as much as possible, depending on the love i get from you guys :D !LIKE-FAVOURITE-SUBSCRIBE!Crypton4 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 2-Handed Frost Currently sitting at 387 ilvl wanna try out 2-handed frost what kinda dps should i be looking at?Undeadchuck3 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 why gcd? why is there a gcd on our presence and no gcd on war stances? just wonderingPrimalchaos7 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 DeathKnight PvP vids! Hey guys, just thought id post my vid here for you all to check out, Im new too youtube and would be awesome if you guys could check out my vids and hopefully throw me a like favourite and subscirbe :D bringing montages,rbgs,guides,duels,arena's and world pvp :D and even just muck around clips :DCrypton7 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Gems for Blood tank what gems do i get, parry, dodge, mastery, sorry guys im derp, can any1 help me :))))Dérplol1 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Frost DK / Disc / ? - 3v3 I know a lot would work, but what would be consider "optimal" for this comp? I see a lot of unholy/lock/healer comps, but I have never once had an unholy spec and don't really want to learn now. What would go best with Frost/Disc?Wartthog3 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Army of the Dead - Tanking CD I wanted to first ask a question: when channeling Army of the Dead, can I still Parry or Dodge? I read somewhere that a Paladin loses their chance to Parry/Dodge/Block while casting, so I was wondering if we suffered the same setback. That having been asked, as a Blood DK, I've been using AOTD twice per instance for Hour of Twilight heroics since I started doing them, and thus far aside from pulling them out on Varo'then and having him run underneath Mannoroth (the ghouls go after Mannoroth and taunt Varo'then back to him), they afford me a good chunk of time where I'm taking essentially zero damage. Of particular note: Arcurion - Keeps him spinning around while my ghouls take all the frostbolts Archbishop Benedictus - Same thing as Arcurion Muruzond - I get to use them 4-5 times thanks to the HG, and they don't spin the boss, plus while I'm channeling them I take 30% less damage from Infinite Breath Echo of Jaina/Echo of Tirande - Same as Arcurion Has anyone else had any success with using AOTD in instances or raids? I assume that they would block 30% of the damage from Hour of Twilight, for instance, or take a Psychic Blast from Warlord Zonzozz.Dischorde4 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 No Death Knight is complete without one Just got my Reins of the Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher tonight! Go get yours!Kulriddari13 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Kill me Now! oh wait no1 can but next patch.. Has it ever occurred to blizzard that its fair eno to get vengance the way we were. i mean !@#$ the only time i get in range of a caster i get maybe 1 hit in b4 im kited again. Next patch ima get face rolled by vicious geared noobs because the highest ill crit is 20-25k that might seem like alot but u gotta remember with our runes even with DS the most often u can use it in a row is 3 and thats IF u crit. use 2 DS blood tap and another DS and u got urself 3...but now u cant do %^-* for 8 seconds. how is that not fair? and if someone is stupid eno to stand there for the time we smash DS then they are no brainers at PVP and shud quit pvp anyway Prot Warriors and Pallys dont need fixing i agree blood does a little but ur not fixing it ur gunna kill it. my gear is quite sweet but it wont mean !@#$ against anyone next patch nerf vengance maybe not not take it completely out. shud of just made pvp vengance work the way it used to and keep the new change for pve rather than take it out completely. EVERY CLASS DESERVES A BALANCE IN PVP EVERY CLASS WILL FACE ROLL A DK NOW NOT JUST CASTERS AND MELEE WITH BRAINS Iceplague48 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Lookin at a 3's team So i got a 3s team made with both of my GM and tryin to figure out what the best spec would possibly be wether it be frost or it be unholy. We have a blood, Disc, and me... any suggestions? Pâlêrïdêr5 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 The presence bug I think this DK blood presence bug is affecting me more than it should. It all started when I began to turn the oven off and back on again after it reached the right temperature. No big deal, doesn't hurt to make sure its on. If only it stopped there. I began throwing the car into neutral and back into drive at every red light and stop sign. Not long after my girlfriend began wondering why every morning I changed into my pajamas and back into my work clothes before leaving. eventually we got engaged and all was fine until the wedding day when i said "I do. I don't. I do.". It was then we knew I needed professional help. At first therapy was going really well, but soon I relapsed. After a few more weeks I was back to normal, but when asked how I got back so quickly I responded "I had to relapse to make sure I was improving." When it was obvious therapy wasn't going to help, we decided that living with it would be the best option. That is until our first born was born when the doctor spanked him to get him crying. After the baby stopped crying I slapped him again to make sure he could cry. After being dragged out of the room by the hospital staff and thrown out on the street by my wife I now sit in a garbage can turning a lighter on and off. Please blizzard, fix the bug.Reniat6 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 what is frost dw's rotation in 4.3 pls answer :OZaikel5 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Pvp finding. Not that this is overwhelmingly interesting or impressive. It seems that in some bgs, opponents have no idea what's going on, run around by themselves and don't fight back, or are bots. Not sure if any of you find this, but when I run around with 2 other people in bgs in pve gear, we can dps them down so much that generally it doesn't matter that we lack resil. That was the longest sentence ever :P. Now this isn't to brag, but to show that 3 people can run a bg without much assistance. We had 1 healer, they had 4. We farmed kills in the middle while playing the objective whenever we could. Is this a decent tactic or totally off? Note that I use Ruthless Gladiator's Medallion of Tenacity for the purpose of staying alive. The added resil helps but who cares when it's that low? The 4 set from the pve tier does add quite a bit of damage, and since pvp is a kite fest, my howling blast spam leads to RP cap, and eventually a burn phase. Thoughts?Killmemage0 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 DK Unh PvP Gemming? all the guides i can find say that for yellow slots you should always go for +40 resil. is this right? in game the other day somebody mentioned to me that i should never gem purely for resil, maybe str and resil, but never pure resil. Is this right?Mouretsu4 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 So how does blood gem? I am not sure what to do! Ya know what gems in what socketsRuneslol6 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 will blizzard fix presences? dps dks use unholy presence for frost n unholy specs, why has wow did nothing to make frost presences worth something to dks again.Beatinudown4 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 new to tanking as a dk Need some advice on what to gem an all thanks in advance for all the tips an help :)Sënka2 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Why am I being crit? I have improved blood presence, I am tanking in blood presence, but I still get crit in the hour of twilight 5 mans ALL THE TIME. Am I just mistaken in my belief that -6% chance to be crit is suposed to mean you are effectively immune to being crit vs mobs lv 85(boss) and lower? or do the mobs in the new heroics have greater than 6% chance to crit? What's the deal?Morduth3 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Draenei DK's Just wanted to give a shout-out to all the Draenei DK's! Holla at ya!Eugooglizer14 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Wow you guys... you really screwed us all I know you were hating on blood dks... you killed all of us, my prot warrior is DONE my feral is still viable but not nearly as good I stand here along with you blood dks They QQed to nerf us WE WILL QQ FOR BUFF FOORR STUFFFFIIINNNGGG AHAHAHAH Rakrak18 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 DK ROGUE 2s HELP Me and my friend are doing 2s im currently blood and hes sub. We are at around 1400 rating and have hit a block. I could go frost but im not sure. We are wondering what are the strategies other dk rogue comps use. Any help would be much appreciatedBigchôcolate20 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 Gurth as Unholy. Hey all, just got the 2h gurth from DW on LFR. I've played both DW frost and unholy in 4.3, with 378 weapons as frost and a 378 2h as unholy. I was wondering, will unholy be better for me now that I got that sword? Or it was nerfed so bad that 2x 378 weapons frost will be better? Thanks in advance.Blackbetty11 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 DW frost PVP Didn't have time to look through the forums if anyone else had this topic.... but was just wandering if DW frost for pvp can hold its own or its a complete failure to pvp... I enjoy DW game play to much to try 2h unless DW frost is just to pathetic... Will appreciate any advice... even trolls... Q('.'Q)Zavius17 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 Unholy pvp question So my brother is a huntard, thinking hes 'pro' because there is no counter to his class >< But anyway, can I fight him 1v1? I always seem to be DESTROYED by him.. ><Valonus9 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 DK Starting Area Q, in the Quest How to win friends and Influence Enemys, it says take them from the Ornate Jeweled Box, where is it at? Kulrick2 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 Should I just remove Scourge Strike? I mean, I never really use it in PvP. Why have it on my bars? I suppose it's good for when I want to do damage. Then I sacrifice them getting healed anyways though. :/Parple2 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 LF some advice/criticism on DW Frost I was hoping someone could give me some input on things i may be doing wrong or could improve. I am not sure where I should be at this ilvl but i feel like my dps is weak for the gear I have. I have an ultraxion log as an example. I just got the chest piece that fight so I havent raided with the 4 set bonus yet. Thanks for any advice or constructive criticism. Skullthas6 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 Why do i do low DPS? Why am i dealing 15-18k DPS on the raid dummy...(without raid buffs)...I know i have PvP shoulders and Cape (cape is now replaced) and i'm trying to get rid of them...but can they hurt me that bad alone?... What am i doing wrong? lol Forgive my failed grammar please :] Iambrian5 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 Dual Wield for Blood? Was just thinking about it, would dual wielding Souldrinker that drops off Madness be viable, now threat isn't that big of an issue? Thoughts?Dréadplague14 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 Tanks are fine in PVP? I don't know much and I prefer to stay out of most Blood DK conversations. But, When was vengeance actually a "big" part of our PVP? If you fought a semi decent PVP'er, they took away your vengeance. Ie. Rogue, Hunter etc... When they didn't, They died faster. When they did, They died slower. Those who complain about the Blood will continue to complain about the blood. The blood will ALWAYS be the best "tank" spec for PVP. It's a "tank" that equips a Two-handed. If the DK is going to remain classified a "hero" class... Then plz allow it to remain "heroic". If not, Please remove it from the game and allow us to move on. PS. The blood actually needs to be improved a bit. We're basically stuck in the ground and our only option out is a DG which we can use (talent tree) every 25 seconds. And in my opinion, I'm tired of hearing this un-written rule that the "tank" has NO business in PVP... I don't know who or when it started. But I'm here to tell you now. If you take out the tank, then take out the healer. PSS. Most of us have resorted to a "tank" in pvp because you can't go in with two DPS against Ie. A healer/Druid or Healer/rogue or Healer/ (fill in the blank) So we bring in the Blood to balance that duo. Because a sissy rogue is a TANK with a good healer.Azore2 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 Just not understand I suppose... Any Help? Hey Guys just tryin to figure my DK out... I've started my entire DK experience as Blood and was hitting pretty outragous with 40 to 50k hits on clothies with Death strike and what not and 30K on guys with armor. Survivability was pretty high seeing as how i was reforged on haste and for some reason its fast then when UH and in UH presence 7.54 rune regen to 7.50... BUT i hopped online to kind of check out what the top DK's were using as their specs and much to my surprise it was UH just wasnt really expecting that. What im not understanding though is my DK has Resil - 4690 Armor - only 22K Spell Pen - 170 rune regen - 7.91 (dont understand why its slower in UH) AP - 13759 Str - 6667 Also in full Ruthless Gemmed to Resil and spell pen If anyone out there can help me than please my survivability against other people is about none... just trying to figure out why :Z Thanks for any postsPâlêrïdêr3 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 Panic buttons So I have Icebound Fortitude, Vampiric Blood, Rune Tap, Lifeblood and Gift of the Naaru. When my health drops below 20%, I usually just cast all of them, one after the other, in the order listed. I suspect this isn't a great idea. However, since I'm new to the game, I'm not really sure what is a good rotation. So I'd like to ask: What are your panic buttons? In what order and when do you use them? How would you recommend I use mine? Please remember that I don't know if there exist later abilities that will be added to this list of panic buttons, and if there is something more at level 85, do add it.Dairyfarmer17 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 Duoing 70/80 content gear input Hi all, The main focus is to be clearing Ulduar 10 normal with a Hunter. With that in mind I am wondering if I should be looking into swapping in a few pieces of 378 DPS plate in the mix. I am going through the instances right now to try to get some 378 tank plate. I had two trains of thought and I'm not sure which would be best. #1 - A mix of DPS/Tank plate #2 - Full Tank plate with DPS focus gems (mainly STR or STR/Hit) If you're currently doing the older content solo or as a duo would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!Kaleyen6 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 About Blood DK's... The way we play. Everyone keeps saying that we, that play with Blood DK's are "noob"... Yeah, right, like i care... It's the same about the ''age" of the "Death Knoobs"... Stop saying my favorite spec is trash... Our spec has been shaken almost every time blizzard plans something for the game... I play blood since WotLK came, and i can say. Our "way of playing" always keeps changing because blizzard ALWAYS keeps playing with our skills... There are noob Blood DK players as much as there are of any other class / spec... You guys got facerolled by a blood DK with your hunter/warlock/mage/rogue ? Well! There's something really wrong with you too! I'll miss my Vengeance... But i'll keep playing as blood, so that i can show everyone that every single class/spec deservers respect; be it a prot pala, a duid in bear form or a prot warrior... Tanks, if you know how to play with them, will always, ALWAYS kill, our dps might not be as good as it was with Vengeance... But we'll still be as tough as hell to kill... Whenever you think you got rid of us... You'll look behind and see us again, because we will always be there... I play WoW, i play as a Blood Death Knight, i play with the class / spec i like, not with the ones others say it's better, i play because i like it, not because i want to show off... If you guys want a game where every class can kill every class, go look for a game with only one class... Or, if you want to keep playing WoW... Go look for a brain, and learn the diferent things you should do to kill, or at least to try killing x class and y class.Vörhan11 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 Can unholy dks DW and do ok? ???Fishandchips3 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 Necrotic Strike question Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is the Necrotic Strike effect mitigated by things like Pain Suppression? Also, in regards to PvP, do I basically replace Scourge Strike with Necrotic Strike (assuming I'm against a class with self-heals/has healer backup)? I've found myself spamming Necrotic Strike more often than not, but I want to know if I'm totally screwing things up here. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!Drakuru2 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 Tips for getting trained in Arena Hi guys, any experienced DKs in here who can tell me any tips on getting trained in arena?Matban3 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 new DK LF advice long time lurker 1st time post here, quick question, 1. how is blood for pvp after 4.3.2? 2. any suggestion for blood pvp weapon? should i go two-handed sword or axe? 3. any tips for building blood pvp? thanks in advanceHethna2 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 Wrathful Gladiator boots? Where do I find these boots for the full set for transmog? I can only purchase the warrior ones from the Honor vendor in stormwind? ThanksMatban5 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 Help with dos as frost Somewhat of a freshly new DK here. almost fully decently geared, once i replace my pvp ring with a pve one. after that I'll work on enchants/gems/reforges. anyways I read the Frost PvE guide and i dont feel my dps is anywhere near where it should. In dungeons i do around 15k-16k. on a target dummy self buffed im doing like 13.4k dps. aside from the obvious enchants/reforges/gems that im missing, how are my talent points/glyphs etc? I've read the Frost pve guide already so im im guessing its something more technical like my rotation. I've been: >keep diseases up >spam obliterates >dump runic power with frost strike >howling blast with rime procs >use obliterate for KM procs if i can Are there some addons that can help me? like keeping track of diseases or something to let me know when they'll fall off soon, etc... or any other addons that can help?Zyina5 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 DeathKnight PvP vids! Hey guys, just thought id post my vid here for you all to check out, Im new too youtube and would be awesome if you guys could check out my vids and hopefully throw me a like favourite and subscirbe :D bringing montages,rbgs,guides,duels,arena's and world pvp :D and even just muck around clips. Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 Unholy or Frost Presence? I looked around and didn't find any threads on this specific issue for 4.3 (forgive me if I missed one). So I have been DPSing in Unholy Presence (frost spec DW spec) for a while now, as that is what every guide ever made pretty much says to do. Today in trade, a DK was calling that fail and saying he does like 34k in frost presence. I currently have 387 ilvl and pull decent dps (between 23-25k) when I raid with the guild. I hang with everyone but would love to pwn them (who wouldn't?). Anyone using frost presence over unholy? All feedback appreciated.Öutbreak16 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 Unholy DK vs. Marks Hunter Any tips/strategies? I feel like when I run into a fairly skilled hunter, I should just stun him with my ghoul and run the other way. I have such a hard time getting uptime on him with my ghoul/self... especially if he traps the ghoul =( Are hunters a pretty solid counter for Unholy?Sizzda0 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 Unholy vs Frost Presence Question Ok, so I was doing the weekly LFR, and I popped into a raid in progress on Madness, which just wiped. So, I was in Unholy Presence, and a mage started going off to the whole raid about that. He said "Great, another frost DK who doesn't even know what presence to be in." Then I start getting whispers left and right about how I should be in Frost, and how it would be a 5k increase in my DPS, and so on and so forth. So, my question (and correct me if I am wrong) is: Unholy Presence is the correct presence to run in as DW frost, is it not? When I run Frost, it seems like my cooldowns take so long to reset, and I hate getting a KM proc and have to tap my foot while Oblit comes off CD. (usually happens when I have just spammed FS b/c I am RP capped) On a side note, it was rather interesting and entertaining to come into the raid standing on a pile of corpses. I wish I could have gotten a screen shot.Vexarius7 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 Unholy DK Pvp 4.3 SS? I have been watching lots of videos about Unholy DK PVP also reading some forums here and there. I am a little confused about some things though. what takes priority when it comes to the strikes. I know we use SS, FS, NS. I am assuming that SS is our damage. FS is for disease control, and NS is for keeping pressure on Heals. I also find that when i tried out unholy i had a near impossible time keeping my ghoul alive granted this was in BG's which could explain alot. Any experienced Unholy Dk's give a brother some help?Phoenixfite5 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 Making a DK my main. Hey guys. I recently began gearing as Frost and I am absolutely loving it. Our burst in PvP is incredible and I just can't get enough. Once I finish gearing up I plan to move into the arenas. My main issue however is that I don't see too many viable comps at high ratings that contain a frost DK. What are your thoughts on some good arena teams for a Frost DK. Am I better off going Unholy for 2s and 3s although it does require more skill to master? Basically I would like your opinion on where DK stands in arenas. This brings me to my second point. I know I've seen tons of threads on this but they never seem to come to a conclusion. As a frost DK am I better off with DW or a 2h? I know a lot of people say DW is more bursty but 2h generates more runic power however that doesn't seem to cut it for me. Does one seem to play a larger factor on the other? I would appreciate all your help and can't wait to give it a go in the arenas! Cograx3 Jan 16, 2012