Death Knight

Jan 27, 2012 Rate the dk above you! Title says it all, Ill go first :)Superb0 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 Why is my squishyness different? Doing the same dungeons and getting geared up it seems that I'm more squishy in the same dungeon when the run before it I bascially beasted it. (The one with all the troggs)Duskdragoon0 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 Question about tanking Hello all, Apologies if this is a dumb question, but I am working on my tanking spec and just upgraded my 2Her. I then promptly went to askmrrobot.com (the site has drastically changed since the last time I was on it as I haven't played in several weeks.) Anyway, my initial impression from the forums was that for DK tanks, mastery>everything basically. And that was always was askmrrobot told me to reforge and gem, so i did. Now, it is telling me to change ALL of my mastery gems to dodge gems and dodge/stamina gems. Is this correct? Did i miss a change while i was away? In the meantime I'll do some reading on the guides here and on EJ but I'd also appreciate a response. Thank you in advance, RequiemRequïem5 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 I don't want to be a bad anymore I really help me with this. I am frustrated in za/zg I watched the videos and have a decent knoledge of the fights but when I get in and hit the 1st boss I one shot die. Is there a comprehensive tutorial on za/zg? Is there any tweaks I can do to my gear? HELP!!>Lycanmuerto5 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 Bone Link Fetish for PvP? Basically is it worth using BLF for PvP instead of the Proc based strength trinket?Toratix2 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 How to fix Blood in PVP Eliminate Glyph of Death Strike, you know, the one that converts runic power into damage.Mozark4 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 Need some help. Frost dps. So, i decided to dust off my DK and start playing him again. I have read about everything i can on different forums and such to see what im doing wrong, but im not sure. My dps is terribly low, and my gear isnt total crap. Its not great, but still. In Raid Finder im usually the lowest dps at around 15k to 18k unless theres tons of adds, or the stars line up just right. 5 mans, im around 16k to 20k. I know the rotation, or should i say priorities, and try my best to do it right, but i know im doing something wrong, So please, tear me apart and make any suggestions or comments you can to help me out. Im tired of being a baddie. I know im missing a shoulder enchant, and am working on rep to get it. For reforging, i use Mr. Robot to help me make sense of it all. As soon as i can get another 1 hander to drop, i plan on going DW Frost. Just been having really crappy luck. Thank you in advance for helping.Autopsy10 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 Frost Death Knight RBG Commentary Hey, I made another Death Knight commentary video, this time of a rated battleground. It is a commentary with pvp advice laced in, I hope I can interest you to watch, and I guarantee you will learn and enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpLEDH2GyJ8Hotforms0 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 a quick gear question ok so i just got my first LFR piece of tier gear, now I am wondering if the gear i can get with my valor points is going to be better than the LFR tier stuff, or if the set bonus from the LFR is worth the loss of stats. any help in appreciatedUrgork6 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 Need a little Advice Ok, so I haven't played my DK since the beginning of WotLK. A few weeks into WotLK, I had taken a break that extended to about 2 weeks before Cata. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on my DK http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tortheldrin/Bluesummer/simple I'd rather not have to restart a new DK. And also, the head and shoulders were looms I bought him, but had transferred to http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tortheldrin/foxhound/simple. (yes, I know its an agi axe, I have no idea what I was thinking at the beginning of WotLK) So yeah, what would be your advice on rotation/priority for my DK so I can somewhat get back into using him.Shadowdog0 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 Low DK - Madness - Logs provided Howdy folks, I am trying to assist a low DPS DK on madness. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ewa0cqfa7xisy7eb/sum/damageDone/?s=8793&e=9606 Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, NinjaNinjasaurus7 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 Swordshattering VS Stoneskin Gargoyle ^^^ Which would be better in what situations?Somnium10 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 Quick weapon confusion... So, I'm a frost dk, in pvp, and I'm wondering if I should be dw or using a 2h... dps is better with dw, but functionally, a 2h seems better since necrotic strike doesn't benefit from threat of theassarian. Is there really much evidence to support either choice or is it 'do you want your weapons to be a big blur or little blur?'Baltharion1 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 Feedback and Advice, please Hi, I need some advice and feedback on equipment building for my deathknight. Right now, I know my equipment's weak, but could anyone have a look and give me some advice on how to proceed building item level? I'm confused at this point. Currently I spend most of my time doing dailies in firelands and Hyjal, occasionally doing dungeons to build justice points, I even do PVP to convert my Honor points to Justice points. I've tried two or three heroics but failed badly in them. Is my equipment not suitable for heroics? Not all the armor components and weapons can be bought through justice points or valor points alone so is the only method to get them through needing or greeding drops in dungeons? Sorry I sound so inexperienced, I'd appreciate any advice I can get, thank you!Sylastor2 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 Spell and melee crit rating thought Would it be cool if our spells and melee crit rating actually work together? For example, the diseases going off the target would be a few extra coin flipping around for crit on melee as well. Instead of having 3 or two (diseases and maybe death decay) spells doing damage to get crit and 2 melee damage (auto attack and special pyhsical attack) to get crit on seperate rating. The point of this thought was just to increase the value of crit rating since dks barely value it at all. It would be great for Unholy spec since they have multiple different damage sources going on. Also it would be more interesting to play rather than having constantly buff one area (unholy might) to make up for what we lack at. Also it could be more benefiting to unholy duel wield when we have to choose to balance haste and crit since they're are synergetic together. I'm just trying to throw out ideas where people can choose other stats rather having one stats beats beats all by the long run. Plus I want to make unholy's mechanic more interesting :)Naarusii2 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 Disarming... Is there a point in putting a weapon-chain / rune of sword-breaking on the oh for pvp, or is it not that big a deal?Baltharion6 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 Heroic Ultraxion 25m I was told last night that we were doing Heroic Ultraxion tonight and that I'll be one of the people getting hit by hour of twilight every other time. I've seen a few guides and videos, but they haven't said much about frost dks. With ams and ibf can I survive it or do I need to switch to blood presence? I assume healers have to do some voodoo on me as well, but I was just wondering. Didn't want to wander into the raid not knowing exactly. Also, any tips for maximizing dps on the fight is accepted ;)Killmemage13 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 Fire of the Deep worth getting? I currently have Veil of Lilies and a DPS Varo'then's Brooch so obviously I would replace it with the Brooch. I have enough JP and I was thinking I should replace that. So is it worth getting as tank of course?Runeslol4 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 Gurth vs 397 pvp weapon. Frost/Unholy pvp. Hey everyone, I just picked up my Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps tonight (finally) and was just wondering how it compares to Cataclysmic Gladiator's Bonegrinder which I get to pick up next week if I decide to buy it. In sheer damage output, which is my main focus, which weapon does better for us in pvp? Any personal experiences? Any feedback would be great!Ohgodfleas4 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 Unholy weapon question For unholy, barring any crazy RNG or fight mechanics, which would yield a better dps outcome... Gurthalak ~ http://www.wowhead.com/item=77191 or Ataraxis ~ http://www.wowhead.com/item=77224 Regular difficulty version of both...basically boils down to LOLtentacle proc vs. great stats on ataraxis. Thx in advance!Roxel2 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 My Pretty Simple Transmog I'm happy with it. I love how my swords sheath to my back now. Wowhead link: http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=34652:72336:34659:38665:34653:30278:30278:70245:34651:34656:38670Livedeath2 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 Gaahhhh frustrating gear issues! So for the last few item upgrades I've had, due to shifting stat displacement on all my items I've been ending up with lower and lower haste. At 386 iLevel I had about 2400 haste rating which was AWESOME. I keep getting upgrades that cause me for one reason or another to have to sacrifice haste, and after getting the badly itemized (yet only viable) VP cape, I'm sitting below 2100 and am .25 over hit cap. What I'm asking is, is there a problem with my reforging that I'm just not seeing? Also, is it viable to replace my Varo'then's brooch with License to Slay reforged to Exp in order to free up some reforge room (though as soon as I do that, a DS trinket will drop...)? Thanks for your time. Edit: Actually I thought for some reason there were places I could drop hit but there isn't, so LtS wouldn't help at all. :pBäenør0 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 Masterfrost Was wondering what people thought of Masterfrost. (EJ calls it this, basically its Mastery > Haste > Crit, and is better as long as you stick to the rotation correctly)Ðeathstrike24 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 How are dks in arenas? title pretty much says it all. how are frost and unholy dks doing in 2's 3's and 5's?Repttar7 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 No tanking weapon in DS? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Gurthalak the only two-hander in DS? With the lack of secondary stats is it even an upgrade from 378 gear?Sinthari10 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 Gargoyle Question. When using the gargoyle in pvp it always seems to run off and never attack my target. Is there a macro or something I can use so it attacks my current target?Elamite3 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 Frost 2H Is anyone having trouble with their rune cooldowns or anthing like that ? I usually pull around 38k and for some reason i cant break 15k ?Sic4 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Possible Death Grip upgrade. Death Grip on wow as we all know is immune by bosses... so what i'm suggesting is for all the times you cast death grip and it says immune or something, it'll actually pull you towards the target, or a whole new spell all together, but i just think incorperating some sort of jumping thing or pulling towards the target would add a style just like shadowstepping or Heroic Leap. Just a suggestion, all who like please bump so the Dev Team could read this :)Ðora15 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Gurthalak Unholy Questions So tonight I won the roll on the LFR Gurthalak, now i have been using 2 378 maces from Hot's (swords wont drop) for frost obviously and my DPS has been really great, however now with this weapon I feel compelled to go Unholy I dont mind the playstyle, but it doesnt really feel like a DPS increase tbh. Also for PVP im 2h frost , 397 weapon or LFR Gurthalak.Trickx8 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Gearing up my DK - still worth buying 2pc T12 Hi guys, having a blast as DW frost and busy gearing up for raid finder / DS. I currently have 1pc of T12 (gloves) and am wondering if there will be much of a difference buying the T12 legs for the 2pc bonus, or just wait for the Arcurion Legguards to drop in HoT. Looks like the T12 legs have a slight dps advantage even without considering the 2pc bonus but realistically this gear will be replaced by raid finder ilvl gear anyway so is it worth worrying about the difference? Also, was the T12 2pc bonus considered a decent dps upgrade?Vicente3 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Rune timing, death strike timing Is there an addon that can show runes and what they are? I'm still new to dk tanking and I'm sometimes not having the right runes for when I need to death strike. Blood runes are red, frost are blue, unholy are green right? What happens when all my runes turn a whiteish color, does that mean they can be used for anything? Right now I'm basically hitting death strike either A) after a big hit or B) every other time I can most likely, unless I know I'm going to need a heal after a magic attack or something.Gålook2 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Valor boots Are the Kneebreaker boots better than the 397 version of Treads of Crushed Flesh for DW Frost?Dravok1 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Noob in need of DK DPS help I've gone through the DK starting area 12 times now. Every time I hit level 60, I go into an instance and my DPS is bad. I lose interest and delete. How can I suck less at doing DPS? I'm guessing I'm doing too much single target damage and not enough AOE... I don't know. Most of the mobs are in packs and go down quickly. How can I best do AOE damage. In general, I'm bad at AOE on a lot of my toons.Krakurn1 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 No'Khaled BiS? outside of Theory craft checking through the Top Worldoflogs with Frost DKs No'Khaled seems to be the weapon every Top DW Frost DK parse has. what about the Sim is showing Souldrinker to be BiS? for example http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/nm227s7dqfoinp1o/details/12/?s=1182&e=1446 63k Zon'Ozz http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/89xtnh63xz656o5h/details/6/?s=5059&e=5799 54k Spine all using No'Khaled and not OrcsDoomguard5 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Unholy: Get rid of perma ghoul pet. Pet management sucks. Why encumber unholy DK's with it? I know a lot of you would be all like, "lol if you dont like pet, roll frost". I like unholy. I am passionate about unholy. I go to sleep whispering unholy things as I dream. This expansion has been a roller coaster ride for unholy dk's, all because of balancing around that stupid pet. In MoP, rather than have DK's have an active pet out, and balance unholy dps around the pet, I say get rid of the whole permanent ghoul pet. Instead, make DK's "Master of Ghouls" passive into something like Blood Dk's "Blood Parasite" passive. (Compare to Blood DK's passive "Blood Parasite") Master of Ghouls Attacks have a 10% chance of spawning a ghoul. Ghouls attack your enemies, gaining stacks of Shadow Infusion, increasing their damage. Lasts 20 seconds. When corpse explosion is used, ghouls detonate, and do more damage based on how many stacks of shadow infusion they have. Turn Dark Transformation into something else, like a new disease DoT, or an aura so we bring a little more raid utility.Scrambledegg57 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Unholy DK critique needed please I'm somewhat new to WOW (this being my first lvl 85) and I'd like some helpful criticisms on my gear/reforges/glyphs etc. My goal is to maximize DPS and improve my understanding of the DK class. Thank you for your time and patience :) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Flintbrow/advancedFlintbrow8 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Unholy PVP I had heard such amazing things about Unholy in arena's so I decided to try it. (So far just in randoms to try to get used to the play style since I have not played it since 4.1) I kept hearing how it has amazing pretty and you can survive much easier than Frost. I agree it does have better defense, but not my much, and I have lost a ton of pressure, and dps from when I play Frost, it just feels like a weaker spec. If anyone has any tips or tricks or if this is just how Unholy is please let me know.Myrial4 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 dwarf and worgen dk's difference ? I know this has been asked before but i want to be sure with the current patch. Dwarf= tank Worgen = dps is that still how it is between the two ? The dps and tanking between the two is there a big gap or just a small one due to racials ?Knantagis7 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Vengeance is no longer triggered by receiving As per 4.3.2 patch notes: "Vengeance is no longer triggered by receiving damage from other players." So, how will Vengeance be triggered? Anyone know?Gurkkan2 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Thoughts on Dk Quality of Life Improvements Hello Fellow Deathknights! I've been playing my DK as my main for quite sometime. While I started playing in wrath, I did not make my dk my main until the end of the first Tier during Wrath of the Lich King. While blizzard has worked in and out some of the kinks that made us a bit (read: extremely) strong I believe we've settled into a nice niche in WoW. That said, prior to the hit of the next expansion, I'd like to discuss some QoL improvements for DK's that I believe should be taken into consideration prior to the implementation of the new mechanics that will require balancing. So without Further adieu: 1) Presence: Lets face it, there is no real justification for the loss of all of your RP with change of presences. Since the Cataclysm, RP has been our primary form of rune regeneration (outside of haste increasing natural regen speed). Forcing a player to lose all of their pooled RP negates smart and experimental gameplay with presence swapping. Alot of newer players just wont do it all because its clearly not a choice in most cases. To prevent abuse from hard swaps (IE pvp) you could add a cooldown before you could jump presences again (6-10 seconds for example), add a talent or glyph to reduce the RP lost, or tie it into the GCD a bit better (3 sec cooldown on the use of actual abilities once you swap? get creative). 2) Diseases: You've made a great effort in making them matter more. Still not quite there yet. The potency for unholy isn't quite there. Festering strike is almost exclusively used by unholy. Why not talent in the ability for Festering strike to allow current diseases to... stack(say to a 3 stack maximum). This will build ramp up time and allow another retooling of diseases. For Frost and Blood these still seem like punishments for not having them instead of actual benefits for having them up. 3) Runes: I believe you're already in the works on this, but there need to be actual choices available. I love not having to pay for my weapon enchants every expansion, but playing with 4 enchants for the rest of eternity isn't my idea of an mechanic. It'll get old. Portable Runeforges, or the poison treatment (cast time reapplication anytime) is a good option to make in combat or between pull switches. Heck, you could even make certain Runes more potent with certain presences (Razorice receiving a specific bonus if you're in frost presence for example, but remaining the same if you're in other presences, two birds, one stone!). 4) Army of the Dead: Many may not know this, but you can force who your army is attacking with pet passive pet attack commands. That said, this ability needs a slight rework. the defensive bonus from the channel needs to last for a bit after channeling (so that it has some actual in combat use instead of just during pre-combat. Having to stand still is punishment enough). Unholy being the minion spec needs to have an additional benefit for this as well, its characteristically unflavored not to be as such. 5) Dark Simulacrum: Took me a while to become a fan, but this definately has its home. It has its place to make you shine if used correctly, but I'll be danged if its not the most confusing and potentially hard to use of one of our abilities. First, some sort of indicator ingame needs to be in place so a fledgling (and even an experienced) dk can know which spells being cast are available to be copied. We could have a unique tab with a list to keep track of previously confirmed spells, or it could be highlighted during cast (the spell steal, dispel buff treatment). Also, the duration to cast needs to be removed, we need enough time to make the correct choices when casting the copied spell (end of a pull sucks to get it). To balance, dispel copied spells upon change of instances/zones to prevent abuse. Also, don't start the cooldown of the spell until its actually used (the copied portion) for balance. Finally, the bug with having to stand still to cast our instant cast copy needs to be fixed. Its frustrating. Thats it for now. Fixing all or some of these will go a long way to making the class less frustrating and more fun to play. if I come across more I'll add them later. I'd love to hear others thoughts or other potential QoL fixes. Thanks!Worthier2 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 buff frost dk's survivabilty there dps output is great balanced and fun. but with out a healer they basically wear paper. not even cloth, paper bro! id liek suggest that icebound fortitude deep in frost tree be buffed for reducing cd to 1 min. i mean rogues have 1 min cd on shadow dance. IBF is only thing we have to somewhat surviveMarroh15 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Death Pact should be off the GCD Just my opinion.Dante1 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Outbreak 1minute cd in unholy? ok i normally tank, love it. lately in dragonsoul many of the boss fights can be 1 tanked, so i blew the dust off my unholy spec. i can easily hit 25-32k on boss fights, and happen to have a decent unholy gear set, so why not? i noticed outbreak has a 1 minute cd in unholy??!! wth is this about? that's friggin stupid. scanning and re-reading all tool tips, i cant see any talents in blood that reduce the outbreak cd to 30 seconds. i could have sworn the patch that reduced outbreak to 30 seconds was across the board, not just in blood spec. Am i bugged or did blizz actually do this on purpose?Gôdly4 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Fail DK needs help! First off, no trolling please! Ever since I started playing again, I can't pvp for peanuts on my dk. I know I'm in blood ATM, I was tanking molten core to help a friend get some shammy transmog gear. I like frost and unholy, not sure wich one I prefer, but I get wrecked in both, I'm unsure about my stats (pretty sure I'm geared for UH?) rotations/priorities/situations to use CDs etc. I've read all the posts in the forums but I just can't seem to do any real damage or help my team/arena partners (I know I'm not in a team ATM do please don't be trolling on it) I really like this class but I'm doing things wrong, any help would be greatly appreciated!Darthrêvan0 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 If I wanted just to random BG Would this be a good class and would frost or UH be better for just random BGs? Also what second trinket would I want, the on use strength one?Runeslol0 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 blood dk v. blood dk is like chuck Norris fighting himselfMorieda33 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 dk tanks was in a group on my shammy heals with 3 new dks all trying to tank at onces. more then 1 dk shouldnt be in a group and dks shouldnt tank any ways cause for one thing they dont have block and dodge ya they get some blood shield thing wich dont do !@#$ for any thing. so they should just have 2 dps spec and a pvp spec no more tanking for them also drood too cause of the same thing.Blackcats11 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Unholy PvP: Conquest 2H or DW 2H? Hi! I am currently playing with an Unholy spec for PvP and accumulated enough conquest points this season to purchase Cataclysmic Gladiator's Greatsword but I am unsure if I should buy this weapon or wait and try to get Gurthulak, Voice of the Deeps from LFR or a pug. Any response is appreciated!Thawt2 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Gurth and 2v2 Arena <3Traed0 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 I am honored to be a Blood DK LOL, I just can't stop laughing at what happened twice today. I was able to stop a legion of 4 alliance today until my team members came to the rescue. I alone held off farm twice by more than 3 alliance at a time. I love this new spec; to make things better, my party vote kicked a protection warrior to have me tank in the dungeon instance lmao.Vongvajs8 Jan 26, 2012