Druid

Apr 11, 2012 Razorgore soloing still possible? I just did this last week for the first time in three attempts. My regrowth ticks from the glyph of regrowth kept all of the adds (including the casters) off of razor for the entire fight -- he had only taken damage from my AoE. Now, my regrowth ticks barely pull initial threat, let alone threat from the war stomp/conflag damage. Some of the mobs hit him for a second or two before the glyph effect pulls threat, then Razor starts attacking them, and then I'm screwed. Did Blizzard implement any changes/hotfixes or anything of the like in the past week? I suppose I could just be getting bad luck, but I'm somewhere near attempt 19 or 20 with better gear and more experience than last week and I haven't even come close to completing the encounter.Alterar2 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Worgen vs. Troll I love "pure" hybrids, which is why Gomhuln's probably done so well. The ability to do whatever roll my lil' heart desires. So, to get leveled up before Mist comes out and my attention gets distracted by the awesomeness that is a pandaren monk, I decided to make a druid. Problem is, I can't decide between the viciousness of a Worgen or the laid-backness of a Troll. Worgen get that sweet free crit bonus, a dash in every form, and the unique ability of NEVER having to purchase a mount. So much money saved in that department, not having to buy a mount, and in fact getting TWO riding skills for free. Trolls get that oh-so-useful mini-Bloodlust, that beast killing thing, and sweet raptor mounts (kind've weird I'd mention that after saying what I said above.) I do know somethings, though. I'm going Boomie/Resto. Boomie when I'm alone (mostly because I have too,) and Resto when I'm with others. I'm also taking Leatherworking/Skinning. Both Worgen's skinning bonus (faster skinning), and a Trolls Beast Killing (kill faster so I can skin more,) work in this favor. As a roleplayer, I'm familiar with both race's druidic lore, and both of their culture. But like I said, I just can't decide! So give me your help, forum-goers!Gomhuln12 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Perma-Tree Form! It's real! ....Im not dreaming! It's REALLY back! A tear LITERALLY came to my eyes when I read that!So happy I cant express it in words!!!!!!!!!!!!Yggdrassîll57 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Kitty/Bear hybrid viable? I have been raiding/dungeon running as bear/boomy for as long as i can remember and i love bear and not taking any damage and all but is there a good guide as to how to run a hybrid gear set while maintaing viability in both specs? IE If i have one set of gear i obviously shouldnt reforge all hast to dodge if its for bear AND cat any ideas?Nelus7 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Thinking of re-rolling druid. I'm going to say that I mainly PVP. I hate my hunter in pvp. I just can't do it anymore. I feel like I'm at such a disadvantage when I PVP in bg's or the times I've done arena in the past. I'm looking for a melee class to play and I've always like the appeal of druids. The ability to dps, tank, or heal. Just the options. So I'm looking for any information people can give me about pvping as a druid, as well as pveing. Also if anyone minds, please tell me what their current state is in arena.Painapple5 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Came back to game, best use of time b4 mists? Hey guys, I'm an old druid back from the dead. I'm looking to get ready for Mists and wanted opinions on things I should be doing not to waste too much of my time before Mists comes out. Obviously I need to level to 85 and I wanted to hear how you think the best use of this level time will be in preparation for the expansion? Should I gear hard and raid, do i have time? Should I earn faction reps? Just looking for some direction so i'm not standing around when mists comes out thinking I should have done something differently. Thanks, RawwrzorRawwrzor13 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Had a question about druid leveling. Basically, am I going to level faster as feral, or balance? I'm going to end up going resto at 85, which is one of the few reasons I'm tempted to go balance. After doing a RAF powerlevel, I'm currently level 70, and want to blast through to 85. The biggest reason I want to go balance over feral is because I don't like relying on energy in fights. I feel like it slows me down. I don't want to go through the trouble of getting balance gear, though, and end up being even slower. So.. pretty simple question. Is it faster as a cat, or a fat chicken?Okku4 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Feral Druid jumping across my screen, wth? Some feral druid was ganking me and the dude was literally in one spot in one frame and 10 yards away the next. I couldn't even get a hit off. Even if he was using the worgen speed racial that seems pretty ridiculous. Is this normal or was he using some sort of speed hack? I realize this sounds retarded, but I'm pretty stumped here.Torpedö8 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Druid macros These are by no means unique and probably exist somewhere by someone else, but since a lot of our forms are getting the "cannot do that while shapeshifted" occurrence I started developing macros to counter that. This isn't really meant to be a guide of any sorts either...and I'm betting Blizzard will eventually fix the whole "cannot do while shapeshifted" thing eventually so this will become irrelevant, but I still decided to share it. The first batch is essentially for flight form for when you're getting ganked by someone with a parachute or what have you and need to heal in mid flight with instant heals. Also included are instant cast abilities and forms that you can't cast without canceling flight form first. I also gave regrowth and healing touch the macros just because you may be feral and have predator's swiftness up (rare) or be resto with nature's swiftness. Regrowth #showtooltip /cancelaura Flight Form /cast Regrowth Rejuvination #showtooltip /cancelaura Flight Form /cast Regrowth Healing Touch #showtooltip /cancelaura Flight Form /cast Healing Touch Lifebloom #showtooltip /cancelaura Flight Form /cast Lifebloom Mark of the Wild #showtooltip /cancelaura Flight Form /cast Mark of the Wild Thorns #showtooltip /cancelaura Flight Form /cast Thorns Moonfire #showtooltip /cancelaura Flight Form /cast Moonfire Insect Swarm #showtooltip /cancelaura Flight Form /cast Insect Swarm Innervate #showtooltip /cancelaura Flight Form /cast Innervate Cat form #showtooltip /cancelaura Flight form /cast Cat form Bear form #showtooltip /cancelaura Flight Form /cast Bear Form Travel Form #showtooltip /cancelaura Flight form /cast Travel form Aquatic Form #showtooltip /cancelaura Flight Form /cast Aquatic Form Nobody cares about a moonkin macro because moonkins suck and feral is for cool people. ...ok fine. Moonkin Form #showtooltip /cancelaura Flight Form /cast Moonkin Form This next part is really the kind of fun tricky stuff that is just nice and neat to have. I found the feral charge/skull bash macros people had made and I liked them. My problem was I hated the fact that in humanoid form there was always a "?" for the tooltip. So I put in about 30 minutes worth of work to figure out how to counter it. This is what I came up with. (Essentially I had to find out about the "nostance" command) Feral Charge #showtooltip [nostance] Feral Charge; [stance:1] Feral Charge(Bear Form); [stance:3] Feral Charge(Cat Form) /use [stance:1] Feral Charge(Bear Form) /use [stance:3] Feral Charge(Cat Form) Swipe #showtooltip [nostance] Swipe; [stance:1] Swipe(Bear Form); [stance:3] Swipe(Cat Form) /use [stance:1] Swipe(Bear Form) /use [stance:3] Swipe(Cat Form) Skull Bash #showtooltip [nostance] Skull Bash; [stance:1] Skull Bash(Bear Form); [stance:3] Skull bash(Cat Form) /use [stance:1] Skull Bash(Bear Form) /use [stance:3] Skull Bash(Cat Form) The only problem with these macros is that you obviously can't see both cat/bear form energy/rage costs and the cooldowns left (as feral charge is different depending on form). So you have to choose which cooldown you'd like to see. As is with me they show bear form tooltip in humanoid form. Adding in (cat form) at the end of the "[nostance]" section of the macros would change that. Cheers Xial15 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Spell not learned spam - Solved! Until this is fixed I'd like to request a sticky as my friend and I have been spammed with this while leveling our druids having no idea what is going on. When activating auto attack, when using abilities, when looting, when you stop running, and sometimes just plain random occasions you will get a message "Spell not learned" in red on your screen. It's caused by track humanoids even though we do not have it yet. I have no idea why this is happening (I removed my entire addons and wtf folder to try and figure this out but it still persisted). For now I can't find a way to disable so you'll just have to ignore it until someone figures out a work around or blizzard fixes it.Notintheface0 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Guardian Mastery So anyone else feel that the new guardian mastery is boring, under-welling and going to be difficult to balance? Firstly its just boring, a flat armor increase, ok that's nice an all don't get me wrong armor is great, but lets face it you never really notice the damage reduction of armor yourself, the healers may but you won't. Secondly its such a small amount on beta atm, you need almost 4 mastery to provide the amount of armor a meta gem gives. Third its going to be impossible to balance, currently its such a small amount your better off just reforging the highest stat on gear to dodge, and stacking as much agility as you can. And if they buff it back it it can easily become the best stat for us where we will stack it until armor cap, to me anyway their just doesn't seem to be a happy medium. So here's an idea for a new mastery that adds a bit of fun. Wounded Animal- You have a 12% chance when hit by an attack for the initial damage to be reduced by 24% and apply a bleed effect to you that deals the mitigated damage over 6 seconds, while bleeding your chance to dodge is increased by 8%. So basically 1 mastery gives you 1.5% chance to trigger wounded animal, 3% damage reduction on the initial hit (that damage is then applied to you over time) and 1% dodge for 6 seconds. To me it just seems fun, there is no direct damage mitigation from it, however it allows us to get dodge trough something other than reforging dodge and agility stacking. Plus its an interesting mechanic in that the more you get the more damage you'll take over the next 6 seconds, but you'll also have a greater chance of not being hit with more and more mastery. So lets say currently on live I have something like 18 mastery in my tank gear with about 50% dodge raid buffed, so I'd have a 27% chance to trigger the effect, which would negate 54% direct damage, and give me 18% dodge while bleeding. So lets say a boss is meleeing for 60k, I'd take 27,600 damage and have the bleed applied, I'd then take 10,800 damage every 2 seconds, but I'd have a 68% chance to dodge during that time.Felshifter6 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 [MoP] New Frenzied Regen! From the beta forums: ... Translation: Frenzied Regen will now consume its full rage cost up front while wasting a large chunk of its effect on overhealing. Also, no more hitting Savage Defense immediately followed by Frenzied Regeneration. Unless you have 120 rage. Well, not the first time nerfs have been presented as buffs. Probably won't be the last.Koumaru9 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Druid Travel Glyph I was just thinking that Malorne is pretty bad ass looking, and then I got to thinking that the travel form needs an update for two reasons: 1) the form just looks old compared to all the other forms (except the moonkin maybe) and 2) I never really understood why it was a cheetah, I mean for the tauren maybe because they lived out on plains akin to the African Sahara but not the Night Elf as they lived in Forests, thats where a stag glyph comes in. Lore Sense! I'm just saying a glyph that changes the Travel form to a stag, maybe somehow each race has one color, just like with the moonkin. Or just one color all together; either or is fine. Edit: Forgot to mention MINOR glyphGazlix8 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Balance DPS Question Wondering whats better Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor or Bottled Wishes? Bottled wishes will get me the 3101 haste break point.Pwnéd5 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Insect Swarm I know many of you like the fact that they took Insect Swarm away as a dot, which is fine, but wouldn't it be better if they changed the spell to do something else? I really don't like that fact that we're losing a spell we've had from the beginning. Why not make it a CD spell or something? Like the Insect Aura from Anub-Rekhan (sp?). Moonkins have very little spells to play with compared to a lot of other classes and a lack of decent burst dps cooldowns. Why not change insect swarm to something more useful instead of just taking it out. Also, Blizzard. I know our AoE might be a little strong on live but do you have to go to such extremes to nerf it? Don't you think getting rid of IS, nerfing Wild Mushrooms (they hit like a slap in the face with a tissue from what I've seen) and nerfing starfalls damage as well, is a little much? Our single target DPS is horrible on Live yet I don't see any buffs to those. Even after seeing the talents and watching damn near every video I can from people testing the beta spells it seems we're still going to be suffering from this. I know, early beta, but if things don't get brought up till the end then things won't change/improve. So tl;dr, please don't remove IS completely, just change it and the nerfs seem a little excessive compared to what some other classes are getting. Also, can't post on beta cause I couldn't afford the annual pass so I can only post this here from what I can tell.Mynotaurus14 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Haste Breakpoint I'm a little confused by what this means exactly. If someone could break this down a little for me i'd greatly appreciate it. I see some druids in LFR pull HUGE numbers in their healing while i fall short usually around 3rd out of all the healers. I really want to step my game up.Ihashots2 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 [BETA] Glyph to remove moonkin form? I was telling an acquaintance that plays wow that I don't play as balance because I can't stand the Moonkin form. He told me that there was going to be a glyph in BETA that would allow you to stay in caster form so that you could see the gear. I've looked through the first 4 pages and on MMO-Champion but I can't find any information on that. Was he talking out of the side of his mouth, or is there going to be a glyph to remove Moonkin form?Jaweko7 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Agi/intel gear Which druid spec does this benefit or is it a poor buff combo?Velikiy17 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Best feral dps stat? What is the best secondary stat for kitty dps? I read everything and everything says they are very close. I tried stacking each but I still don't know. What do you guys think outshines the rest?Tiggerlove4 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 What do you think about Guardian spec? I'm still pretty noobish, so I don't really know how it will change gameplay or numbers. But I don't understand why people aren't making a big deal about us having a 4TH SPEC. (tl;dr version: it feels wrong. There should be a better way to make bears and cats more distinct.) No other class is getting a 4th spec, and very few would even want it. Specializing is a sacrifice, choosing one thing instead of another, and I don't think we're that special. I mean, we're special in that the whole point of being a druid is to shift. I understand the issue; I think it was either a blue post or a devblog that talked about the design theory, that your role should be a commitment. You shouldn't be able to switch between tank and dps in combat with just a buttonpush. I agree with that, but I think there are better ways to say I AM A BEAR than having to spec it. You could make it so bears need different stats, for example, or different talents. The live talent system has some bifurcation like that, so bears and cats spec slightly different; if the new, upcoming system doesn't have that, maybe that's a problem. Maybe it needs more options. I agree that a great cat shouldn't be a great bear in the same fight. But it feels like splitting feral spec takes away options. Why am I wrong?Heartsings14 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 new to balance. quick question. when I hit moonfire while in cat or bear form, it switches me to caster form. Is there a macro so that I automatically enter moonkin form before the cast?Mondune2 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 bleed removal buff feral physical dmg, bleed n leave is boring anyways >_>Perura31 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 druid pvp whats a good race for druid pvp Edit: will be going feralHealingpower4 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Does this happen to anyone else? I noticed today that Nourish isn't covered by Clearcasting, though it fits the criteria for Clearcasting to cover it. Is it just me this is happening to?Ugochuukwu7 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Balance Druids not getting enough love? Does anyone feel like Balance Druids aren't getting that much attention in MoP? I know it's too soon to know what they ultimately plan to do, but compared to other classes, I feel like we're getting the least amount of cool things to play with this time around. A few of our niché spells are being given to the class through talents which leaves us even less to be desired. Ive been practicing the new rotation on dummies lately on the Beta and as it stands the rotation is incredibly 1 dimensional and boring. Im curious to find out how other balance druids are feeling about their class thus far.Lazurturkey6 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Tree of Life How and when does a druid get it? Resto is my druid's offspec.Velikiy1 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Druid Cat Dps PvP What do cat Dps have as a Weapon?Derp1 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 [Feral] Monks counter Ferals Detox 520 Mana, 40 yard range, Instant Cast, 8 sec cooldown Eliminates ailments from the friendly target, removing all harmful Poison and Bleed effects. Well... guess I'll just play DIII instead of MoP.Reygahnci132 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Macro Question I started gearing up this character because it is AV weekend and I made a macro that I think is pretty helpful but not sure if it has potential negative reprecussions : #showtooltip /cancelaura cat form /cancelaura bear form /cast [mod:shift] travel form; [mod:alt] bear form; cat form Is there any harm in having the cancel aura? It allows me to shift out and back into cat form with one button press removing a slow on me. Thoughts?Shiftystuff5 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Are guardian treants too good? At first they look neat, possibly even weak. But when you think about it, they allow you to totally negate up to 3 boss hits or debuffs of any type and any damage amount every 3 minutes. Impale, stomp, widow's kiss, fading light... It just seems to me that treants are going to be an issue in a lot of the design space for boss fights. Am I missing something?Jashiliter3 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 NEW BETA Boomkin Happiness Just a note to druids they are trying a new style for shrooms now you cast the spell to create a mushroom and you can place all three without having to cast that spell again so you can place them as fast as you can click 3 times then blow them up! it is about 1000% less cluncky than the current form.Nìghtstalker23 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Having major problems with resto druid. Hey, I got the free 80 bump on the SoR and decided to use it on a druid, tried resto and I healed great in dungeons however I have never healed before so I don't know what the best addons are. I know of healbot and such but I detest clicking. I tried the obvious target=mousover macros but then it wouldn't let me cast any of my heals unless I was hovering over someones name. Not even myself, is there any way to fix this in a macro? Also, what addon displays information best for a healer (grid, healbot, etc.) Any tips you may have? I deleted the 80 and rerolled so I can better understand how to heal as I level and practice moonkin ;p gonna have fun in pvp I love being the underdog. Thanks for your input. I know of the sticky but it says basically nothing about addons / macro soKek8 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 H Yorsahj healing purple ooze as a druid Hey I usually dps this fight in my 10 man group but I'm just wondering, which of the druid heals does proc and doesn't proc the stack during the purple ooze phase. So far I believe the efflorescence patch on the ground doesn't, but I'm not 100% sure about rejuv and wildgrowth if anyone can confirm, thanks.Dejavou9 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Rolling a Boomkin Well with MoP said to be approaching a lot of people are making new toons and i thought i would do the same. i want to roll a balance Druid but im stuck between picking Troll or Tauren. i do pvp a lot and i think the Tauren's war stop could be good to chain into a cyclone while the 30% increase casting sounds nice as well. i have leveled a boomkin to 40 before but quit when i heard about the bad PvP state they were in. I've looked at the MoP talent tree and i really think most of our[boomkin] pvp problems are being adressed in some way the only thing left to fix is our amount of interrupts. so Tauren or Troll, Health/stun or casting speed i just want feedback from other people. *note this is NOT my main just an alt*Unleashpower4 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Transmog Help I like the look of tier 13, but the shoulder pieces are bleh. Does anyone know of a shoulder piece that matches the Raid Finder edition of the Deep Earth Vestments?Crimsen0 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Question about Transmog. I really like the look of tier 13, minus the shoulders does anyone know of any shoulders that match the color scheme of tier 13 but look a bit better?Crimsen0 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Bear gear coming in MoP? I'm not in the Beta, so I can't post over there, but Ghostcrawler made an interesting statement when responding to people's comments about warlock tanking, that I think is worth discussing. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4253968049#12 ... What exactly would the difference be between cat and bear gear?Kvaar14 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 agility vs stam what are the benefits and cons of stacking each?Healingtree45 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Any stat baselines to shoot for? I'm just about to start doing heroics on my first even Bear Tank. And I'm trying to figure out if there are any particular stat targets I should be reforging for. Dodge? Expertise? Hit? I've been poking around on various sites and found lots of discussion on stats, but haven't seen anything on getting to certain caps for these ... or I"m missing them somehow. Any help appreciated!Farfled2 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Starting a Druid Sup, I am goin gto start a Druid. What is the best spec for leveling, what is the best DPS spec, and what are some general tips? Also what are some great druid sites. They seem like a great class, looking forward to it. Also which race should I go? Thanks in advance! Cheers!Saifer2 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 LFR Question Greetings All, I just barely started doing some of the LFR in teh past few days I have noticed something. My Mangle debuff disappears pretty quickly. I am just wondering why? As Mangle affects my DPS I am just wondering if there is something I can do to keep it up? ThanksIncomplete3 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Feral Druid Cyclone Nerf?!?! I was just linked a quote from a friend from some website, not sure if it was EJ or dev's watercooler or WHAT. He's not on right now for me to ask but the quote said: "Predatory Strikes now has an internal CD of 10 seconds" WHAT?Fleurzilla23 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Gemming Should I have +40INT in most of my gem slots? Or should I be using the +20int +20haste orange gems. Should I be trying for the socket bonuses?Slipnslide2 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 In search of specific druid macro. Shouldnt be to hard but im still noobish with making macros just need a macro that will. 1. Feral charge 2. (If in combat) Faerie Fire i had ravage on it but i like the control of ravage and i never use it right after charge anyway for the extra focus regen in the end result. would appreciate any helpKhaótic1 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Money problems Couldn't decide which forum to choose. Obviously stated by the title, I have money problems. Professions aren't me, and I can't level them very well. Running heroics and dungeons is okay but when I valor cap the better. Option is cata regulars, but are filled with a lot of lower gear players. I'm not asking for money, just asking what I should be doing. Also, I'm very low on money and still don't even have artisan riding. Thanks in advance.Caotega5 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Boomkin Haste Cap What kind of haste should I be taking in PvP?Coupdegrâce1 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Ferals are OP ranged interrupt that they use as a charge. Bleed dmg insane. Instant godly CC Bear form. Zomg nerf ferals.Rgtryhrtsrgw29 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Why they so mad at us? Just cause our class takes skill doesn't mean we need a nerf. Am I right or am I right?Klaue8 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Removed. Removed.Dabestaround45 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 8, 2012 Bare bear trinket question Hey all! I tried looking for this information but the bear guide is quite outdated. Ive been rolling with Fire of the Deep and LFR Resolve of Undying for my trinkets. Last night I got LFR Wrath of Unchaining. I can't decide which to use. I'm assuming that Fire of the Deep beats the pants off of the LFR trinkets, but should I go with the dodge or agility one? If I use the agility one I end up losing about 0.67% dodge but I gain 2.53% crit and some AP... Halp me obi-forums kenobi! You're my only hope!! =D Also... how do I link items in a forum post? I see the button but where can I find the item IDs?Deviation2 Apr 8, 2012