Druid

Nov 6, 2011 Nov 6, 2011 Nov 6, 2011 Nov 6, 2011 Nov 6, 2011 Nov 6, 2011 Nov 6, 2011 Nov 6, 2011 Nov 6, 2011 Nov 5, 2011
MoP: Exceptionally dynamic feral pvp For those of you who haven't seen blizzards' future of feral: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM9rAKD8cow&feature=related Whether you go the cat or bear route, there will be more control, mobility, and utility blends than we have ever had before. In the same spec an MoP bear/cat feral will be capable of: Displacer beast (useful to use as a mage blink, rogue vanish, or both depending on situation) Typhoon (If you've ever seen this ability by a boomy in any sort of pinch... nuff said) Wild Charge (aka a reverse priests' leap of faith +heal in caster & a rush in feral forms). Giving player new unique layer of mobility/utility in one. Only as useful as the creativity of said feral. (or screw it and….. treants?! :D) Ursol’s Vortex (aka death knights' death grip for all surrounding players). Endless offensive/defensive or disorientation utility here. And... *imperial march music* Disentanglement (powershift is back & a heal major heal every 30 seconds) At points...we've had supreme mobility & others unique pvp utilities. Now we head into a new era of pvp control, which translates to a combination of the two & then some. Hard to say how this will transmute into arena (mostlikely still average via lack of burst in bear or defense in cat spec :P). However it'll be damn fun to pvp everywhere else! Just wanted to say thanks blizzard These chances, depending on creative useages, give ferals a head start as the most dynamic pvp class in this coming expansion Chips27
Nov 5, 2011 Nov 5, 2011 Nov 5, 2011 Nov 5, 2011 Nov 5, 2011 Nov 5, 2011 Nov 5, 2011 Nov 5, 2011 Nov 5, 2011 Nov 5, 2011 Nov 5, 2011 Nov 5, 2011 Nov 5, 2011 Nov 5, 2011 Nov 5, 2011 Nov 5, 2011 Nov 5, 2011 Nov 5, 2011 Nov 5, 2011
MoP Master Shapeshifter, Shifted! Right now some people worry about the possibility to go out of, lets say, Bear Form to cast 3 long casts and benefit from Master Shapeshifter. My suggestion would be change it from: Master Shapeshifter: Improves the Druid’s effectiveness at briefly switching between forms. Your melee abilities increase your spell damage by 10% and your non-instant spellcasts increase your attack power by 10%. Both effects stack up to 3 times and last 15 sec. Each ability used which benefits from one of these effects consumes one application of that effect. TO: Master Shapeshifter: Improves the Druid’s effectiveness at briefly switching between forms. Your melee abilities increase your spellpower by 10%, your instant spellcasts increase your attack power by 5% and your non-instant spellcasts increase your attack power by 10%. Both effects stack up to 3 times and last 15 sec. Each ability used which benefits from one of these effects consumes one application of that effect. This way a bear could get some benefit (15% AP) from casting Lifebloomx3 on himself, or casting Wild Mushroomsx3 plus detonating. Also, I would seriously suggest changing the bonuses to Intellect and Agility, so bears could get more survivability from Agil than pure damage, since Threat won't matter anymore in MoP. Allowing the talent to work with instant casts at a reduced efficiency would allow tanks to do something while swapping the boss on raid encounters at least. As usual, I need some PvP feedback on this suggestion, but PvE-wise I think it's pretty solid. Thanks in advance for any constructive Criticism! <3 Opal Opalbreeze9
Nov 4, 2011 Nov 4, 2011 Nov 4, 2011 Nov 4, 2011
your MoP talent build So what kind of talents are you guys planning on getting for MoP? share your ideas and reasons why you chose such a build. Feral PvP: Displacer beast - i like the vanish a lot, and it'll help me escape tough situations. tireless pursuit is rendered useless imo cause of disentanglement. Nature's swiftness - incase i need to do something without procs, plus i can choose to use it as a heal. Faerie swarm - i figure i wont need the aoe root and nature's grasp or normal roots should suffice. wont get typhoon as i want people near me. with this i can ensure no stealthing, -12% armor, and a ranged slow. also im unsure if we'll still have infected wounds or not in MoP, either way a ranged slow is nice and itll make up for the lack of feline swiftness. incarnation - this was a tough choice between this and wild charge. but i figure this can be quite deadly for good burst opportunities. ursol's vortex - to make up for lack of wild charge. disentanglement - for mobility. i dont really like the others as they seem clunky to me. plus a nice heal. Feral PvE: Feline Swiftness - easier and faster when staying on target or reaching targets nature's swiftness - for utility faerie swarm - -12% armor and ranged slow incarnation - OMG MOAR DPS!1! bear hug - dps, and a stun disentanglement - just 'cause Moonkin PvP: displacer beast - to get away from bad situations nature's swiftness - obviously. typhoon - to keep people away wild charge - for more safety and a good solar/lunar generator demoralizing roar - aoe disorient to get away or cc disentanglement - again for mobility and the heal Moonkin PvE: feline swiftness - 10% movement speed increase in all forms or switch to cat real quick for 20% nature's swiftness - obviously typhoon - keep any adds off me or someone/something else or keep adds from reaching something incarnation/force of nature - depends what moonkin incarnation is, either or its a dps increase ursol's vortex - iono. to help position something? heart of the wild - off healz! resto PVP: displacer beast - to get away from bad situations cenarion ward- more healing typhoon - to keep people away incarnation - demoralizing roar - aoe disorient to get away or cc disentanglement - again for mobility and the heal resto PvE: feline swiftness - mobility cenarion ward - obviously typhoon - to keep stuff off me or stops adds from reaching somewhere wildcharge - to save someone's !@#, and get a free non mana cost heal to save mana ursol's vortex - iono. positioning something maybe? heart of the wild - off dps! YEAAAH! Chikatree12
Nov 4, 2011 Nov 4, 2011
Tauren vs Troll- Full comparison Disclaimer: THIS IS NOT MY WORK! HORDE – TAUREN [Cultivation] While this ability isn’t used at all for PVP, I just want to point out as a Druid with Flight Form, this racial is amazing with Herbalism because you can gather Herbs without breaking Flight Form. [Endurance] This racial can be extremely misleading. Read close that it only increases your base health by 5%, meaning your health with all your gear completely removed. This racial essentially gives about an extra 2000 health and doesn’t scale at all. While it’s something, it’s pretty lackluster. [Nature Resistance] This racial provides 85 Nature Resistance. However, this resistance does not stack with [Mark of the Wild]. Since most classes, especially Shamans and Druids who use Nature spells, use Spell Penetration, this racial really doesn’t provide much benefit. [War Stomp] The highlight of the Tauren racials. With 4.0.6, this ability no longer removed us from Cat or Bear Form, increasing the usefulness of this ability. This can be used as a quick stun to stop an opponent’s actions, as a pseudo interrupt, or the ability to get a hard cast Cyclone off. The great thing about this racial is that it can also affect multiple targets in your immediate area. The downside to this though is that being a stun is shares diminishing returns with stuns of you own or partners. Either way, the usefulness of this racial is there. HORDE – TROLL [Beast Slaying] With 5% increased damage to other beasts you have a distinct advantage over other Feral Druids and even Hunter pets. Really limited unless you hate other kitties trying to Mangle your face. [Berserking] This mini Bloodlust ability is great when used around your other cooldowns, like Berserk or an Unheeded Warning proc. All in all, a small burst racial ability. [Da Voodoo Shuffle] This is an interesting passive racial, especially since we are now no longer able to shift out of roots. With an 8 second root, this racial would shave off 1.2 seconds, making the root now last 6.8 seconds. A half duration of 4 seconds would turn into 3.4 seconds, and a 2 second root would turn into 1.7 seconds. This can either be an amazing racial or questionable depending on how well your healer can dispel you. Regardless, it’s an effective passive racial for returning time back to you with all the root abilities out there. [Regeneration] I’ve heard some interesting opinions about this racial. Some Troll Ferals I’ve spoken to believe that this racial actually contributes more than most would figure upon first glance. Here is also something interesting posted on WoW Head: “Regeneration has become more useful in Cataclysm. Currently, it appears that Health Regeneration has been standardized to one percent of maximum HP every two seconds, regardless of your Spirit, when out of combat and zilch when in combat. Trolls, however, regenerate 1.1% of their HP every two seconds out of combat and 0.11% of their maximum HP every two seconds in combat. Ultimately, a Troll regenerates 0.055% of their HP every second in combat. This may not sound tremendous at first glance, but over the course of a five minute fight it means a Troll has the potential to regenerate 16.5% of their total HP (modified downward by how much time they spend at maximum HP). Given a source of steady, constant damage, it wouldn’t be unfair to claim regeneration could easily increase your total HP by 15% over five minutes. If a fight lasts six minutes, that number rises to nearly 20%.” Based on this, one would generate roughly 65 health every second while in combat, turning into nearly 4000 health every minute. This would increase of course if you’re constantly jumping out of combat. Based on this data, I would give Trolls the upper hand, but I'd give people the chance to argue these points. Are there any people who want to give their opinions of the following being false? Kashaus17
Nov 4, 2011 Nov 4, 2011
Resto druid getting good results, needs help. Hey everyone, I've seen alot of people recently ask for review of their character and use the help to achieve successes. I am in a guild that is stuck at 6/7 normal FL due to low DPS. We have great group composition of classes and spec, but somehow things seem lacking. Tanks: Pally, Bear DPS: MM Hunter, Arcane Mage, Com Rogue, TG Warrior, Destro Lock (Boomkin sometimes) Heals: Druid, H Priest, Shaman In an effort to do my part in breaking this barrier can I get some comments on my gearing/ reforging. I just won two items (shoulders and neck this week so my haste is higher than usual. I aim to set it at 980ish which I believe is the first tier of an added tick of WG/Efflouresence. On the recount which is the only tracker I use I am constantly using Taranquility at least twice a fight and ToL I use in the <20% phase to ensure success because people get tunnel vision about this point. I typically have a 100% uptime on Harmony and LB. On recount my heals are nearly always between 15-17k hps and we three heal (I don't like that) and I do 40% of effective healing and 60% of over healing. Of my healing and over healing WG registers as 50-60% of the meters. Is this typical? I'm always the top healer on recount (which to some I've learned doesn't mean much) and top in over heals by a LARGE margin. I can't figure out if I'm being wasteful even though I have 60% mana left after every fight. I know we are stuck on Rag NOT BECAUSE of healing because adds get to the hammer in the 4th phase every time. That's our road block and I do use mushrooms and moonfire spam, I have resorted to blowing ToL just to Wrath spam in a meger effort to stop the ensuing madness. I'm done rambling and trying to preemptively answer questions. ALSO: Any help on getting trackers like WoL to track results for review outside of game would be very nice. Thanks. Or link me to a thread on the subject. Xwrath7
Nov 4, 2011 Nov 4, 2011 Nov 4, 2011 Nov 4, 2011 Nov 4, 2011 Nov 4, 2011 Nov 4, 2011 Nov 4, 2011 Nov 4, 2011 Nov 4, 2011 Nov 4, 2011 Nov 3, 2011 Nov 3, 2011