Druid

Nov 15, 2011 When did feral mechanics change? Hi, I came back to WoW like two weeks ago, having stopped at 3.2. I started playing wow as feral since BC came out and, if I remember well, shifting always released you of any movement impair effects. Later on wotlk Berserk made us immune to fear (maybe sleep too?) and survival instincts granted a HUGE boost to hp. And now any of it does any of that anymore... I don't know exactly if it's a nerf, because apparently we got some other tools, but I'm so conditioned to using those, I still shift automatically EVERY time I get snared and keep trying to pop berserk to finish that lock only to waste the cd. lol, really, I can't help it for now but laugh at myself (probably along with all the ppl who sees me doing that before the killing :p). Sooo, how is feral pvp nowadays? I'm thinking rip got a better use with mastery and we're supposed to use some spells since they are almost always insta cast after a 4-5 finishing move, not to mention war stomp, but I'm still kinda lost as to what stats aim for and new strategies. A little help, please? Love you, fellow druids! Muloff5 Nov 15, 2011
Nov 15, 2011 Kitty Alt, need fine tweaking Hello All This is an alt alt alt originally made to farm, but i actually started gearing it and quite enjoy Kitty and Bear tanking. I was trying all different reforging stats last night to see what i could get out of it, as i just got 2 new 378 piece's am will be adding another Tier piece tonight. Can some pro kitty's please have a look and let me know what i should be reforging what to, I know i dont have the shoulder enchant, i am only 3000 rep of the main enchant to just going to grind that tonight.. Even though i am putting out decent numbers on single target i feel like i could get more as i want to start taking this guys on our heroic FL Alt runs. Things i have tried, is to forge basically everything to mastery / have tried breaking all the stats up evenly, etc etc. I have read the sticky's, but i just see so many people posting different things on reforging i just dont know what i should be aiming for in my stats. eg haste cap., what sort of mastery % i should be aiming to get before reforging into crit/haste. Expertise is 18 enough and reforgonator tells me to get 26, but we attack from behind, so boss's have less chance to parry etc etc Thank you for your help.Prodz7 Nov 15, 2011
Nov 15, 2011 Viable raid OS ok currently my MS is resto and I'm good at what i do, that being said i heal with 2 epic healers, to the point where a viable dps spec is underway, Our disc priest has a shadow set and our pally a tank set, but is Kitty a good raid OS or should i focus on Boomkin?Sarreal10 Nov 15, 2011
Nov 15, 2011 Nature's grasp: 1 charge and a 20sec CD! Wouldn't that be awesome to see in a patch note? As it stands, whenever it is pressed, it will usually be eaten up by someone's immunity to roots, or, I will be stunned with melee on me and all charges are eaten as multiple applications during the stun. Instead of a 60 sec CD with 3 charges, they should all just be divided up into single charges. The cool part is that after the CD is finished, DR on the ability is already reset! I can survive 20 seconds (generally). Surviving 1 minute for the ability to come up again is a bit too much to ask as a moonkin.Mcgookin4 Nov 15, 2011
Nov 15, 2011 Any reason not to reforge to spirit? Just started gearing this toon up for raids, as a boomkin, and since boomkins transfer spirit to hit, i was wondering if at my gear levels, or at any gear level for that matter, to hit the 1742 spell hit cap if you had the choice between forging to hit or spirit why would you not choose spirit? Only reason i ask is because after looking at several raiders armories for boomkins, they are almost always reforging to hit instead. Doesn't spirit also give mana regen so its a two for 1.Níghtbird6 Nov 15, 2011
Nov 15, 2011 Finally New Balance Form? (Blue Post) I was looking at some blue posts MMO-Champion posted today and I found the following under druid changes. "Incarnation for Balance transforms the Druid in to the Chosen of Elune Form, which currently increases spell damage done and Solar and Lunar energy generated." Does this mean possible new moonkin graphic or no more moonkin? Or just an aura? Maldreamius32 Nov 15, 2011
Nov 15, 2011 starting pvp i have a druid/priest/shaman as my 85's i love healing but and i cant really raid anymore cause i work overnight and have fridays/mondays off, and it is pretty much impossible to find a guild that raids in the mornings or only fridays/mondays. So im looking to get into pvp, now on my priest i realize that the pvp healing spec is disc, in pve i suck as disc i can keep the tank up but if there is suddenly lots of group dmg we usually wipe so idk if it would be different in pvp. My question is which of those 3 are a better pvp healer (im looking to get into RBG's more than arena but im not opposed to arenas occasionally. and any tips for being a better pvper would be awesome, i havent really pvped much in my wow career but lately i die super fast in bg's (probably also due to the fact that i have like no pvp gear yet)Dalightz4 Nov 15, 2011
Nov 15, 2011 Boomkin critique I am new to Boomkins having played in wrath and then swapped to feral tank main and dps/pvp offspec. but through our clearings of Firelands I have collected this caster set so I decided to check out boomkin once again. That being said i have read the stickies reforged to haste gemmed int etc and Can pull 17k on a target dummy, . (planning on testing it out in Firelands on Tuesday) My rotation is IS>MF>nuke x2> SS continue til eclipse then going the other way. refreshing dots when they drop off and using SS procs on CD, Saving Starfall for lunar and refreshing dots at least once during an eclipse. but I would greatly appreciate suggestions from you Pro boomkins. PS I know my grammar is terrible but after a long day i really do not care nor am i awake enough to fix it even if i did. ~feldion. PPS everyone who takes the time to make/maintain the stickies and guides is awesome! your hard work is greatly appreciated! *edit forgot to post my rotation lolFeldion10 Nov 15, 2011
Nov 15, 2011 How many Anzu kills until it dropped for you I'm at 111 according to my statistics but probably way more since I didn't bother killing Talon King Ikiss in WOTLK. So I can approximate it to about 160. How about you ? EDIT: No drop yet.Alkor63 Nov 15, 2011
Nov 15, 2011 Leather vs cloth Prob gonna get flamed for this....but oh well. I know that druids get +5% bonus from wearing all leather, but it seems to me (my healer/boomkin is only 80) that cloth is better. More over all int, which as a caster class i want. So I guess the question is, as i get closer to 85 and into 85 gear will cloth still hold its advantage or does leather close the gap at 85.Huntertroll12 Nov 15, 2011
Nov 15, 2011 Talent-Tree Ideas? Alright. Lets say, that there is a new expansion that has another druid speculation. Would it be heals? Dps? Tank? Write your ideas here! Personally I was thinking like a mix of Balance and Resto but for heals. So like- heals that deals with solar/lunar stuff with a cool heals form, maybe like a dryad? Who knows. Anyways, I wanna hear your ideas!Shilayne1 Nov 15, 2011
Nov 15, 2011 Boomkin vs Feral for PVE? So I've got an 85 druid.. switched her to Boomkin from Feral when WOLTK came out. I was wondering if anyone knew how feral stacks up against boomkin for PVE raids these days? I've really missed feral and am considering the switch back, but want to be sure I won't be severely compromising my dps or whatever. Any input would be appreciated.Smartypants4 Nov 15, 2011
Nov 15, 2011 Glyph of Wild Mushroom:Instant growth at feet -Global cooldown remains the same. -Radius remains the same. -Detonate remains the same with 10 second cooldown. Pro: -The much needed optional mechanism for pvp. Con: -Sacrifice range.Tehrealemcee11 Nov 15, 2011
Nov 15, 2011 Hey guys Hey, I just rolled this alt, enjoying it so far. I'm leveling as feral, but I plan on pvping as resto at 85 because I already have a rogue and mage and I'm kind of tired of dps. Whats the current state of resto druids? I don't know too much about the class as this is my first druid. Does it have a tough learning curve? Do people like resto droods in their RBG's/3s? What are stat priorities? Also, I'm pretty confused on gearing/gemming and enchanting for pvp. Could anyone point me in the direction of a thread/website/character that I can look at for reference for resto pvp? (Don't pay attention to my spec, I know its horribly wrong, and I know I don't have any glyphs atm, don't hate)Imahunterpet0 Nov 15, 2011
Nov 15, 2011 All Time Best Druid Outfit You know you're jealous.Talarian0 Nov 15, 2011
Nov 15, 2011 OP-ness of Druids In Arenas Now, I'm pretty sure you all already know about the ability to macro the heal/shapeshift that druids use all the time but this is getting ridiculous.. when I try to stun a druid with throwdown every single time when they're in bear form they use that macro and shape out of it... it gets really annoying and they and mega hard to kill... Could you please take that out of the game. If I can't macro change stances and disarm I don't think they should be able to change forms and heal...Memoryßlock17 Nov 15, 2011
Nov 15, 2011 question about bleeds at low level feral tank i notice some of the tool tips say bleed effects increased..there is nothing i am as a bear thats a bleed or am i simply missing something? why have it apart of the tool tip if i cant put a bleed up? or do i have to wait for another class to put a bleed up to gain the benefits?Elrigbi3 Nov 15, 2011
Nov 15, 2011 1v1: Feral is king? I rolled this Feral for 1 reason: 1v1s. I want a class that does well 1v1. I know, I know... 1v1/dueling doesn't matter etc. etc.. I am perfectly well aware of that and I don't care if it doesn't matter and if I'll never get any type of rewards out of it... I just want to have fun and that's what I like about 1v1. Now.. my main is a Shadow Priest and they are terrible 1v1 in this expansion so I wanted to reroll. This isn't a FOTM thing I plan on sticking with this toon for the rest of my time in WoW. I already deleted my Priest so there's no going back now. I realize Frost Mages are the TOP 1v1 class but, honestly, I hate Mages and the playstyle is annoying to me. The only other good 1v1 classes are Rogues and Ferals.. right? Well, Rogues get hardcountered by Ferals so I guess that leaves Ferals as the best 1v1 class (besides Frost Mages).. right? I mean, seriously, is there any class a Feral cannot decimate 1v1 besides a Godly Frost Mage??Aeonias18 Nov 15, 2011
Nov 15, 2011 Armor?/ Im lvl 20 and i just want to know where i can get really good leather armor. Because my armor sucks so bad.Whiteblade5 Nov 15, 2011
Nov 15, 2011 Insect Swarm http://i.imgur.com/DsXYT.jpg Insect swarm for everyone!Kronoin2 Nov 15, 2011
Nov 15, 2011 how u survive feral druid as resto druid they always burst me down and i dieAddeen9 Nov 15, 2011
Nov 15, 2011 I am now.... FAHRKITTEH!!!! (only feral in raid @Domo=gg)Geshickte1 Nov 15, 2011
Nov 15, 2011 ANY H 7/7 balance druids who top dps charts? I have a question, I pull around 23-24k dps on a dummy, I recently came back to pve, but in raids Im facing some problems. I can not seem to break 35k w/o any aoe or dmg boost... I been playing balance in late wrath content, it was way different back then, now I cant keep eclipses up 24/7 I have problems regarding dots, I tried many dif ways, should I keep all my dots at all times, refresh them as I hit eclipes, or leave them, my current dot rotation is: I put put SF and IF when i enter solar, I dps till very last tick and refresh them before solar runs out, I dps till lunar, put I do not refresh dots until they expire since SF and IF from solar are really powerfull, once they expire In lunar eclipse I put on MF and IF again, I also use starfall once in lunar whenever its up, even if lunar is bout to expire since it only matters if i use it in lunar even if it expires... I wait to solar again, and my dots run out just when I hit solar, I refresh my dots 3 times per full rotation. Yet with alot of moving around I find it rather weird... Im just not used to it... any tips. Also I noticed that refreshing my dots whenever they expire is just plain stupid since non eclipse dots are crap and my dots are always from an eclipse... Is it my gear that doesnt make me hit as hard, and keep up, Ive been 2-3 in few aoe fights but most people in my guild are 384+ iLvL where I recently got up to 376 and most of the fights i was in 372... Like I said I'm only looking for an advice from top balance druids who know their spec to the very core as I am new to it in a way.... I have no problem outdpsing avg raiders, Im just looking for top top notch tipsMaikopl14 Nov 15, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 Another Moonkin druid thread... For the love of all that is holy in Azeroth would blizzard at least, at the very least, make a glyph that removes Moonkin graphic? I love Balance druid but I cannot stand looking at the Grotesque, malformed, bad pixelated animation of that "thing". I am sure Elune must have been working on it and got fed up and meant to throw it in the trash, missed and the thing landed on Azeroth. I want to play the new redesigned balance, respecced, got into game, change into a balance druid once and re-respecced to resto because I cannot stand that graphic anymore. I know I am not alone in this either, just glance through the druid forums and see how many people just hate the current Moonkin graphic. Sure some people like it, they can keep it. But the greater population that just HATES it, do not make a new design, just give us the option to remove that graphic. PLEASE. Going to be playing a pally till this gets a response from community and/or a community manage or someone from blizzard as to will it be possible to make a glyph to make the over grown chick vanish leaving only my beautiful Nelf with Moonkin form bonuses. Lumier33 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 Old-school Tree Form Hi, everyone. As a tank, I enjoyed being followed by a little ol' tree that would wildly jump around while casting awesome HoTs on me. It was so awesome to see the little guy dance around after each boss kill, or hear it grunt as the AOE wiped us. I just wish I could still be followed by that ol' tree, rather than a less than a minute buff. :( Tree Form, bring it back.Fomhar6 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 what is the best cookie cutter restro spec? i have seen many differnt specs for restro and im sure they all work fine but there has to be that one spec that is better then the rest, i dont know if i should put points into living seed or the mana reduction on spells or the periodic heal boost, i dont know, so i want to know what is the over all best restro specKiddhealz5 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 Boomkin PvP? Does anyone have any info / guides / links they could share? I've seen a few posts talking about boomkin not having a place XD ...but I'm trying to be a trend setter :P Thanks in advance!Zinrokh14 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 Applying dots while leveling Hello all, I am a level 70 boomkin and doing dungeons and quests to level. I've looked up the rotation and noticed that you have to put up 3 dots on enemies before you start casting with your lunar/solar stuff. However, what I'm noticing is that by the time I put up all 3 of my dots, the mobs are practically dead so it makes me wonder how effective are dots while leveling? Besdies bosses, they seem almost pointless because everything dies so fast, especially if you have a group mostly in boas. I know it really doesn't matter while leveling but I love topping the charts on dps for every class I play so I want to find the most efficient rotation.Aralorek2 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 Bear trinkets for H Rag I remember seeing Arielle say in a thread that he uses seed + matrix for all fights except H Rag. What are you changing around for that fight?Eagan3 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 LF Feedback - "Ultimate Rotation" Feral guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUm8jNXsN1o&feature=player_embedded Rhuger2 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 Crit/Mastery/Exp versus Dodge Can someone point me to the prime source or discussion regarding the comparison between traditional dodge reforging and the Crit/Mastery/Exp method, or whatever? I keep seeing people talking about this alternate method, but can't find the discussion about it. Thanks.Ot1 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 Bear tanking? So I got into a conversation with a guild mate last night about bear gearing. Both of us are tank mains (pally/warr), both with Druids alts. Both 6/7 h firelands tanking experience. Basically, I'm on the agi boat, floating down the avoidance river - reforging to dodge (brawlers/fluid death as my goto trinket setup). He's over on the stam/mastery camp - gemming hybrid stam gems, preferring stam trinkets. His gearset has almost 1k more mastery, at the cost of 5% dodge (give or take). Health pools are similar when we match trinkets to avoidance or stam setups. (he is better geared than I am - he has a few more k hp than me - largely due to gemming) Which is the way to go in the gear level I am at? (this toon will soon likely start getting brought in to our main runs @6/7 heroic FL). While his (full vengeance) absorbs will be larger than mine, won't my avoidance and higher crit net less damage intake (assuming I have the HP pool to take the hit)?Noskilneeded2 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 Bears, what trinkets on heroic Beth? What trinkets are you bears using on heroic beth fight?Menteta5 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 Moonkin below 25% health absorb ability. It is clear how squishy moonkins are in pvp. This is a simple, easy, and more importantly needed mechanic for boomkin pvp. Examples listed below. Passive: -When your health drops below 25% you summon a Celestial Spirit absorbing x% damage. Lasts 10 seconds. This effect has a 3 min cooldown. -When your health drops below 25% you summon a Celestial Spirit absorbing damage equal to 15% of your maximum health. Lasts 10 seconds. This effect has a 3 min cooldown. Cast: -You summon a Celestial Spirit absorbing x% damage. Only usable below 25% health. Lasts 10 seconds. 3 min cooldown. -You summon a Celestial Spirit absorbing damage equal to 15% of your maximum health. Only usable below 25% health. Lasts 10 seconds. 3 min cooldown.Tehrealemcee0 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 Bears Cata Tanking (v4.2-.3) Not sure if the current sticky for the bear thread is maxed out or people stopped talking about bear stuff. Hoping to renew a thread that allows some convo about future bear tanking.Williee10 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 Soloing Grand Vizier Ertan I want to start farming for the drake in Vortex Pinnacle, but I'm having trouble getting past the first boss. Specifically the Cyclone Shield phase. Anyone have any tips?Viral4 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 someone should create a youtube video called "Blizzard nightmares" and have chef Ramsey say wake up a bunch of times. untill they fix resto druids in pvp.Galoot0 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 Major Glyphs for Resto Druid - 4.3 Seriously, what the hell else do I use? ಠ_ಠ I'm too used to the 8-second cooldown for Wild Growth and I've read that it's slightly better to *not* use it in 4.3.Ohland4 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 Solo'ing As a feral druid, how far into Hyjal and Sunwell can I reasonably go solo? I'm trying to pick up the last 4 pieces of my T6 set and that's where I have to go. Will I need to pick up anyone else, and are these places pretty difficult?Spidaman3 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 Anyone have ideas for new forms/upgrades? I've been thinking, and the transformations now are very standard which is fine. But at the same time, boring. Anyone have ideas for them? I had one idea and it was upgraded forms. A shot in the dark but you get to 85/90 and either you pick a form to upgrade, or they all are. (Most likely you pick one) EX. X has reached level 90! X goes to trainer and picks bear form to upgraded X's Bear form is now Bull Form: Appearance is that of a bull, Stam/Agil/Strength/etc increased by X I could see Cat form being Lion Form, Moonkin turning into something like it but maybe it has some war like armor on it and a change in color maybe, tree form I don't know yet, then the bird / aquatic forms are likely untouched.Darathon11 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 i can't hit anything. why. 5% hit rating. the last 3 bashes missed. 2/3 hits on a warrior were blocked or parried or missed. rogues? i'm lucky if i can land 1 in 4 mangle attempts. wtf am i supposed to do? just stack crazy hit rating? and expertise? do we use that now in pvp? am i supposed to stack that? the math doesn't make sense to me. someone please explain.Cartoon10 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 resto- genesis vs moonglow vs furor ok so i have the 2005 haste rating and im stuck with where to spend 5 pts. currently i have 105k mana with only MotW buff, 101k unbuffed. i would like to get atleast 2/3 in genesis if i can, but im not sure 105k mana is enough, making furor sound like a better option, i would hate to go oom at a bad time. so i guess my question is, is that enough mana? and what is the best way to spend those 5 pts? atm i have 3/3 in moonglow and 2 unspent.Slygonard7 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 Boomkins and the legendary staff quest: Through a Glass, Darkly. How on earth does one go about completing this? The closest I've gotten so far is around 900k, and then I'm oom (with innervate on CD). I feel like I'm doing everything I should be. Keeping up 3 lifeblooms and rejuv, keeping dots up, and getting the adds down asap (usually). Now I know my gear isn't splendid, being moonkin is only my off spec. However, I feel like I shouldn't be having this much trouble with this guy. Any suggestions, at all?Monrae4 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 Boomkins and perserverance I was kicked out of a raid earlier because I had 3/3 perseverance. Is there something I missed when learning how to play? I can't think of where to put those points.Moomoosteak10 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 Flight form options I'm sure this has been a thread before but I can't find a recent one so here it is again, HA. While people with 310 flight speed can use a typically slow flight model at 310 (Non-armored gryphons for example), is there ever going to be an option for druids to use the slower flight form models? I LOVE the level 60 troll druid flight form with the red bat wings, very plain but cool looking. I also love the nelf druid 60 form, very storm crow-ish. I wish I could pick which flight form graphic to use on my druids.... /pout Any chance of this happening at some point?Gnerdrage0 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 Moonkin should hav instant cyc proc not feral am I the only one that thinks this? Boomkins currently not performing too well do to long stationary casting and limited peels. If there's anything that needs CC escapes and tactics, it's the boomkin.. NOT the MWEY@#^Y#$^ feral.Merelda4 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 resto pvp 4.3 with both the wg nerf and MS buff going live and zero resto defensive buffs going live in 4.3 resto will have even less survival than it does now when you get more than 1 melee on you in an RBG. was thinking maybe have wild growth give you a 15 sec buff stacking 5 times (1 stack each time you use it) that reduces next spell cast by 20% (similar to enhance shaman maelstrom weapon) so we can get an instant cyclone or something off every 45-75 secs to help with survival. or make WG and SM reduce the cool-down of NS when used. don't get me wrong resto is crazy good at kiting melee if there's only 1 and can live for ever against 1 (like every other healer) but a soon as there's more than 1 focusing you spamming you with snares our tanking ability is zero compared to that of other healers and NS is on such a long cool-down for what it is i feel like we need something like mentioned above.Zoidsdruid0 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 @Team Waffle You guys are doing an amazing job. I look forward to this roundtable more than you think. http://teamwafflecast.com/ if any of you forum fools haven't been listening already.Northpaw9 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 Reforging and Feral DPS Stat Priority?? Ive been wondering if ive been doing this wrong all this time or if what im reforging is ok to do. Ive been going by this priority: Agility > Crit > Mastery > Haste > Expertise > Hit (with expertise and hit being almost the same) I started reading and alot of ppl have Mastery and Crit Switched. I was just wondering what everyone elses opinions on this are and if im making a drastic mistake. Thank you.Nightshayd3 Nov 14, 2011
Nov 14, 2011 Will someone give me some good PvP macro's Im going to be leveling to druid to pvp. And i would like some maros to start to get use to for by the time i hit 60 and such for pvp.Droodboi1 Nov 14, 2011